General Burst Combo Discussion

Yeah, attacking and defending are more mutually exclusive than they have ever been. The best way to defend in Burst (besides avoiding getting hit altogether and spin finishing) is to deflect your opponent's attacks, like Wyvern does. This means that whatever is good for defense will basically be the complete opposite of what is needed for offense (sharp attack points like Valkyrie).
Yo, would Deathscyther Ring/Spread Accel work better compared to Deathscyther Ring/Spread αssault?
(Jan. 04, 2016  11:03 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Yo, would Deathscyther Ring/Spread Accel work better compared to Deathscyther Ring/Spread αssault?

I prefer Accel, as I find it has more stamina than assault. Assault has more speed, low stamina while Accel is the opposite.
^ Agreed. Assault doesn't have the stamina to outspin much. I prefer Assault for taking out stallers.
Thanks very much guys! And brad, please reply to my PM, it's important. Joyful_2
(Jan. 04, 2016  11:17 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ^ Agreed. Assault doesn't have the stamina to outspin much. I prefer Assault for taking out stallers.

I'm a bit new to the lingo. Stalkers?
Stalling, as in circling around a stadium's Tornado Ridge to outspin another combo. It's definitely a very effective way of out-spinning defense and stamina combos in Burst. A downside to them, however is that if you don't have a hard launch, you're not consistently to be able to outspin such combos.
Messing around with Evil-eye; made a nifty "anti-Attack" thingy-ma-bopper.
Evil-eye Heavy Accel/Blow
Evil-eye has really strong teeth, and as long as it stays in-dome it should outspin anything on Xtreme. It made cream cheese out of Minoboros (probably since mine is wearing quick,) did okay on Valkyrie, and surprisingly struggled with Xcalibur. It got the most KOs on Evil-eye, even though it kinda stinks. Probably should've mentioned how they were on Ring Xtreme. Oh, and Odin Heavy Defense is still reks it.

It's an interesting layer for sure!
Just got Valkyrie Wing Accel.
After back reading Heavy Defence looks like a good combo to go with.
I want my Valkyrie to last longer whilst still dealing good attacks but would like to focus on defence as well.
I'm considering Valkyrie Spread Survive but then I have 2 Valkyrie's whilst the Heavy Defence is Spriggan so I have more variety.
Any help with this and what's the current meta in terms of attack and stamina beys?
(Jan. 15, 2016  6:29 PM)DetectiveZeo Wrote: Just got Valkyrie Wing Accel.
I want my Valkyrie to last longer whilst still dealing good attacks but would like to focus on defence as well.
I'm considering Valkyrie Spread Survive but then I have 2 Valkyrie's whilst the Heavy Defence is Spriggan so I have more variety.
Any help with this and what's the current meta in terms of attack and stamina beys?
Valkyrie has too much recoil to be any good at defense, but the combo you listed, Valkyrie Spread Survive, is a viable Attack/Stamina option that lasts a bit longer and still deals out damage. If by back reading you mean looking at the back of the package, don't. Takara-Tomy's suggested combos are usually not very good at all.

If you want to look at the meta for Attack and Stamina, look here for the top combos: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...-TENTATIVE
(Jan. 15, 2016  9:10 PM)Half Nail Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2016  6:29 PM)DetectiveZeo Wrote: Just got Valkyrie Wing Accel.
Valkyrie has too much recoil to be any good at defense, but the combo you listed, Valkyrie Spread Survive, is a viable Attack/Stamina option that lasts a bit longer and still deals out damage. If by back reading you mean looking at the back of the package, don't. Takara-Tomy's suggested combos are usually not very good at all.

If you want to look at the meta for Attack and Stamina, look here for the top combos: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...-TENTATIVE

Understood thanks for the link.
Oh back reading means reading the previous comments.
Ok so since I have Valkyrie I don't really want another Valkyrie because it seems like a waste.
Is it worth getting Spriggan Heavy Defence for Spriggan Heavy Accel?
If not then I'll get Valkyrie Spread Survive.
Quote:Ok so since I have Valkyrie I don't really want another Valkyrie because it seems like a waste.

Valkyrie's teeth wear down over time, so you will probably be happy to have more than one. More info here: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/post/127170870...cal-issues
(Jan. 15, 2016  9:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:Ok so since I have Valkyrie I don't really want another Valkyrie because it seems like a waste.

Valkyrie's teeth wear down over time, so you will probably be happy to have more than one. More info here: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/post/127170870...cal-issues

Ok in that case I'm gonna get the Valkyrie Spread Survive and then the Deathscyther I'll get some time later.
Thanks for letting me know Brad.
Are Valkyrie and Deathscyther the only 2 to have 100+ uses?
Deathscyther wears down way slower than Valkyrie. Minoboros wears down somewhat easily too. Those are the only ones I think have real issues.
(Jan. 15, 2016  10:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Deathscyther wears down way slower than Valkyrie. Minoboros wears down somewhat easily too. Those are the only ones I think have real issues.

I see well Minoboros is part of a set so unless I want the set I'm not gonna get it.
What about the other beys like Spriggan, Odin and so on?
Do they not have this teeth issue?
If so surely it would make more sense to get them then if the parts last longer or are all beys affected by this issue?
All teeth will wear down to some degree, since it's inevitable that plastic rubbing against plastic repeatedly will result in some amount of erosion. However, for most Layers beyond the one I mentioned it's fairly negligible. The shorter and broader the teeth, the less they will wear. Spriggan's teeth are so-so but it's not really a great Layer anyway.
So, I just recently got Wyvern Armed Massive in the mail. Right now my two mains are Wyvern Central Accel and Kerbeus Heavy Massive.
(Jan. 21, 2016  12:00 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: So, I just recently got Wyvern Armed Massive in the mail. Right now my two mains are Wyvern Central Accel and Kerbeus Heavy Massive.

Hm... you do have Defense drivers right? They're way better than Massive. Also Spread or even Heavy are better for stall wyvern.
question for you guys... seems I have some difficulty to diferensies Type in Burst someone can say what type is Valkyrie Heavy Blow. I think its attack but I'm not sure if its not an hybrid of Attack/Stamina
I would say that's about right, though really it's just a slow-moving Attack-type. (I also don't think it's very good.)
I notice that need a lot of velocity to burst easily its oponent with less flower pattern. but its only good at the begining of the battle.
anyone tried DFX? i haven't tried it either but i thought Deathsyther is four sided, so Force's weight distrubution may give more power to smash attack. just like how R145 works on Variares? [it's rubber so differant :p]
Deathscyther isn't a big attacker but on Accel or Blow may be it could be interesting. I Used Deathscyther Spread Blow and it works pretty well against almost everything. Perhaps with Force it could be greater... until I got Force I can't test it actually.
(Mar. 31, 2016  11:27 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: anyone tried DFX? i haven't tried it either but i thought Deathsyther is four sided, so Force's weight distrubution may give more power to smash attack. just like how R145 works on Variares? [it's rubber so differant :p]

I was toying around with it for a couple of rounds once, but I don't remember the results, but I do remember that DeathScyther's contact points were too rounded to really give any good hits.
(Mar. 31, 2016  11:32 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2016  11:27 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: anyone tried DFX? i haven't tried it either but i thought Deathsyther is four sided, so Force's weight distrubution may give more power to smash attack. just like how R145 works on Variares? [it's rubber so differant :p]

I was toying around with it for a couple of rounds once, but I don't remember the results, but I do remember that DeathScyther's contact points were too rounded to really give any good hits.

i was thinking DF_ will be good as anti-attack or Stamina/Burst Attack Hybrid. Deathsyther's smooth shape will help resisting Burst/KO and it's Recoil will burst opposing