General Attack Layers Testing and Discussion Burst Limited

Side note: I don’t have any rubber attack drivers besides evolution’, and I’m not destroying my teeth using metal xtreme on this

Stationary-ish attacker combo test

Z Achilles 00 dagger octa vs Alter Chronos 10 bump atomic (balanced mode) 
Achilles (2 OS, 2 BF) 40%
Chronos (6 OS) 60%
1 double burst 
Side note, the 2 outspins achilles got was by destabilizing chronos

Vs twin nemesis (smash) outer orbit metal
Achilles (4 KOs) 40%
Nemesis (3 OS, 3 KO) 60%
It’s worth noting that the rounds where Achilles did get the KO, nemesis was very close to bursting. Also, when nemesis got the KO it was because it deflected Achilles in a way. I feel like Achilles does really well against right stamina/defense hybrids as I’ve seen so far, you just have to get good hits.
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:22 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Side note: I don’t have any rubber attack drivers besides evolution’, and I’m not destroying my teeth using metal xtreme on this

Chronos (6 OS) 60%
1 double burst 

Achilles (4 KOs) 40%
Nemesis (3 OS, 3 KO) 60%
It’s worth noting that the rounds where Achilles did get the KO, nemesis was very close to bursting. Also, when nemesis got the KO it was because it deflected Achilles in a way. I feel like Achilles does really well against right stamina/defense hybrids as I’ve seen so far, you just have to get good hits.

huh maybe a controllable attacking driver might help? maybe xtreme' would help? im not very pvpish but i know xtreme' is a pretty good attack driver
vs Archer Hercules H4 0 cross yard-s (non Slingschock mode)
Hercules (4 OS)
Achilles (2 BF, 4 OS)
3 OS draw
Can I just saw, archer Hercules has amazing defense. Like seriously, it completely shut down Achilles and made it calm. Just, the slopes are hasbro so it was of course gonna burst a couple times, and this achilles combo is really good at destabilizing it’s opponent, it’s destabilized all 3 of the ball tipped beys I put it up against to OS them. Obviously no KO’s cause the defense, but when achilles didn’t burst Hercules the rounds were pretty close and seemed like they would go either way. Either achilles had more stamina after destabilizing Hercules, or hercules’s ball tip was able to spin long enough not to scrape under achilles when it got destabilized.

I’ll try charge metal against some stuff, but I first wanna see how well this combo does against attackers so I’ll do those tests when I feel like it. Everyone is welcome to do their own tests of course, anyways peace!

(Sep. 19, 2021  9:37 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:22 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Side note: I don’t have any rubber attack drivers besides evolution’, and I’m not destroying my teeth using metal xtreme on this

Chronos (6 OS) 60%
1 double burst 

Achilles (4 KOs) 40%
Nemesis (3 OS, 3 KO) 60%

huh maybe a controllable attacking driver might help? maybe xtreme' would help? im not very pvpish but i know xtreme' is a pretty good attack driver
I’m actually feeling good with octa, but if you read my 3rd test and what I’ll do next above this quote, you’ll see what I said.

I’ve changed the title of the thread to “general attacker layers testing and discussion thread for burst limited”
So basically you can test any attack or aggressive layer in this thread. I changed it to this instead of just z Achilles cause I feel like all the testing for beys are spread out and some threads people don’t even post in cause they’re afraid of necroposting on something that’s almost a year old. With a thread for testing all attack types, there will be more tests and this thread has less of a chance of dying, then being necroposted in. Anyways, peace

Gonna do a few battles with bloody Longinus generate cause it was used a lot in the start of limited, but now people don’t use it as much. So I’m gonna see for myself how good it is.

Vs. twin nemesis (smash) 0 expand destroy’
Nemesis (4 OS, 3 KOs
Longinus ( 3 KO
2 double KO
So as you can tell, they both got 4 KO’s of eachother. The only difference was that nemesis had the advantage having more LAD. But I was really using this test to see how well it does against right stamina-attack hybrids and stuff. It did pretty well. Just that despite how fast it’s going, it gets knocked off balance a lot and to be honest, the KO’s are gonna be pretty random. This combo isn’t just something that’s bad, that’s good, or that you need to control well. It’s a bit of all three. It’s a overall fine combo, just depends on the situation and it’s pretty inconsistent which can be good and bad. I’m gonna see how well it does against a left defense type next

Vs Geist Fafnir team bump Octa
Fafnir (2 KO, 3 OS’
Longinus (2 OS, 2 KO, 1 BF
3 self KO’s by Longinus
To be honest, it was mainly Geist’s stamina that let it down, a lot of times bloody hit a wall but it was going pretty fast and idk if it was the wall inside, or the wall that counts as a KO. Most of the time I saw it hit the inside wall, when I saw it hit the outside wall for sure that’s when I put the 3 self KO thing, but a couple times I didn’t know what to say so I let it slide. So beware of Self KO’s but it did pretty well against Fafnir. It was pretty back and forth since they both won half of the match, but the times Geist won were really just bloody messing up which will happen since it’s inconsistent as I said.
TheRogueBlader Can you capitalise the letters and put the full name for the layer?
Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite vs Lost Longinus Nine Spiral

S2.K.U: 2 Wins/20% (All OS)
L2.N.S: 6 Wins/60% (4 BF, 2 KO)

It's really hard to read.

Also Archer Hercules is banned.

(Sep. 19, 2021  9:37 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote:

Chronos (6 OS) 60%
1 double burst 

Achilles (4 KOs) 40%
Nemesis (3 OS, 3 KO) 60%

He literally said he only had Evolution' and Metal Xtreme, and cannot risk teeth breakage from MX.

I can help.
Competitive Limited Parts I have:
Drain Fafnir (from God Customise Set)
Deep Chaos (from same set)
Arc Bahamut (from same set)
Sieg Xcalibur (from B-111? idk the one from Crash Ragnaruk's RB)
Legend Spriggan (from same RB)
Z Achilles (from same RB)
Buster Xcalibur (from B-140)
Geist Fafnir (original)
Lost Longinus (from cR's RB, not sure if it's competitive)
All core discs
Meteor, Bump, Star, Proof, Expand, Under, Turn, Wall, Vortex, Flow (maybe some more, plus some copies)
Xtreme', 2x Quick', Bearing, 2x Eternal, Revolve, Destroy', Destroy, 4x Atomic, Orbit Metal, Spiral, Keep, Charge, Zephyr (could have some others I forgot).
some parts I can borrow from my friend
(Sep. 20, 2021  9:15 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: TheRogueBlader Can you capitalise the letters and put the full name for the layer?

(Sep. 19, 2021  9:37 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote: huh maybe a controllable attacking driver might help? maybe xtreme' would help? im not very pvpish but i know xtreme' is a pretty good attack driver

He literally said he only had Evolution' and Metal Xtreme, and cannot risk teeth breakage from MX.

I can help.
Geist Fafnir (original)
All core discs
Meteor, Bump, Star, Proof, Expand, Under, Turn, Wall, Vortex, Flow (maybe some more, plus some copies)
Xtreme', 2x Quick', Bearing, 2x Eternal, Revolve, Destroy', Destroy, 4x Atomic, Orbit Metal, Spiral, Keep, Charge, Zephyr (could have some others I forgot).
dang ok my bad you could've eased up a bit my fellow spriggan dude but i understand now 👍
Are these attack types tests being done in Burst Standard stadiums? Attack type tests vary greatly when it comes to trying to use a stadium other the the burst standard stadium, so doing testing in any other stadium (except the DB stadium I guess since that may be considered for becoming a legal stadium) would yield inaccurate results.
(Sep. 20, 2021  1:01 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Are these attack types tests being done in Burst Standard stadiums? Attack type tests vary greatly when it comes to trying to use a stadium other the the burst standard stadium, so doing testing in any other stadium (except the DB stadium I guess since that may be considered for becoming a legal stadium) would yield inaccurate results.

It’s in the standard stadium. What other stadium is used in ranked tournaments?
(Sep. 20, 2021  2:50 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2021  1:01 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Are these attack types tests being done in Burst Standard stadiums? Attack type tests vary greatly when it comes to trying to use a stadium other the the burst standard stadium, so doing testing in any other stadium (except the DB stadium I guess since that may be considered for becoming a legal stadium) would yield inaccurate results.

It’s in the standard stadium. What other stadium is used in ranked tournaments?

None except for the standard stadium for burst. I was just checking since some people do testing in other stadiums and don’t make note of it.
(Sep. 20, 2021  9:15 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: TheRogueBlader Can you capitalise the letters and put the full name for the layer?

(Sep. 19, 2021  9:37 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote: huh maybe a controllable attacking driver might help? maybe xtreme' would help? im not very pvpish but i know xtreme' is a pretty good attack driver

I can help.
Geist Fafnir (original)
All core discs
Archer Hercules TT is banned. I was using the hasbro version, why do you think the tip was a Slingschock driver? But sorry I’ll add that detail

(Sep. 20, 2021  2:56 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2021  2:50 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: It’s in the standard stadium. What other stadium is used in ranked tournaments?

None except for the standard stadium for burst. I was just checking since some people do testing in other stadiums and don’t make note of it.
Ah, ok. Well thanks for checking

K, since it’s a weekday I haven’t got much free-time but I have enough to do a couple tests. I’m gonna try out the nightmare Longinus turn evolution’ combo that some people have been using for left attack and see how good it is.

HyperSpriggan Sorry if I disturbed you dude, but I need someone else to post on this so that it moves into latest spots and people can see the thread.

Nightmare Longinus Turn Evolution’ Tests (5 rounds cause I haven’t that much time)

Vs. Geist Fafnir ten bump Octa
Fafnir (1 KO, 1 OS)
Longinus (2 OS, 1 BST)

Nightmare wasn’t budging Geist far in terms of distance, but it was hitting hard and since nightmare is very wide it destabilized Fafnir at the end which was how it got 2 OS’s. Fafnir’s 1 OS was because Longinus ran out of stamina, and the one KO was it deflecting Longinus

Now for a test against right LAD/defense.

vs Alter Chronos (Balanced) outer drift
Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)

Obviously, chronos won 3 times by OS out of 5. Longinus knocked it out by hitting it hard towards the edge, then coming around the edge and pushing it out. I wonder if by using a heavier disc it would not be pushed as far back. Hence I will re-do the test with 00 expand on chronos with another 5 rounds

Vs Alter Chronos (balanced) 00 expand drift

Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)
Surprised to see the same results as last time. Longinus KO’d it the first time because drift went out of control despite me light launching it, and Longinus was on the edge so end of story. 2nd time was just Longinus flower patterning, 3 wall saves to chronos, then Longinus finally hit it at an angle where there was no wall and knocked it out.

So nightmare on turn ev’ is a consistent attack type, and the fact that it won 2 out of 5 times against a right LAD bey and won 4 pts against a left defensive bey is pretty good. I feel like there’s more to be done with the combos I’ve tested in this thread so far, but that awaits for another day. Also feel free to leave your own tests if you’d like. Anyways peace!
Bump! Idk what that means but I think it can move the thread
(Sep. 20, 2021  3:01 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:

I can help.
Geist Fafnir (original)
All core discs
Archer Hercules TT is banned. I was using the hasbro version, why do you think the tip was a Slingschock driver? But sorry I’ll add that detail

(Sep. 20, 2021  2:56 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: None except for the standard stadium for burst. I was just checking since some people do testing in other stadiums and don’t make note of it.

K, since it’s a weekday I haven’t got much free-time but I have enough to do a couple tests. I’m gonna try out the nightmare Longinus turn evolution’ combo that some people have been using for left attack and see how good it is.

HyperSpriggan Sorry if I disturbed you dude, but I need someone else to post on this so that it moves into latest spots and people can see the thread.

Nightmare Longinus Turn Evolution’ Tests (5 rounds cause I haven’t that much time)

Fafnir (1 KO, 1 OS)
Longinus (2 OS, 1 BST)

Nightmare wasn’t budging Geist far in terms of distance, but it was hitting hard and since nightmare is very wide it destabilized Fafnir at the end which was how it got 2 OS’s. Fafnir’s 1 OS was because Longinus ran out of stamina, and the one KO was it deflecting Longinus

Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)

Obviously, chronos won 3 times by OS out of 5. Longinus knocked it out by hitting it hard towards the edge, then coming around the edge and pushing it out. I wonder if by using a heavier disc it would not be pushed as far back. Hence I will re-do the test with 00 expand on chronos with another 5 rounds

Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)
Surprised to see the same results as last time. Longinus KO’d it the first time because drift went out of control despite me light launching it, and Longinus was on the edge so end of story. 2nd time was just Longinus flower patterning, 3 wall saves to chronos, then Longinus finally hit it at an angle where there was no wall and knocked it out.

So nightmare on turn ev’ is a consistent attack type, and the fact that it won 2 out of 5 times against a right LAD bey and won 4 pts against a left defensive bey is pretty good. I feel like there’s more to be done with the combos I’ve tested in this thread so far, but that awaits for another day. Also feel free to leave your own tests if you’d like. Anyways peace!

It's Hercules H4, not Archer Hercules. You need to know the proper names for beyblades, Archer is Archer, H4 is H4, they are different. Bruh.

Also can you please follow the result testing format, not use your own? You can't just say Longinus, or Chronos, or Valkyrie. You need to write their full combo abbreviation. I just said that two days ago.

Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)

I'll change it to be

Nightmare Longinus Turn Evolution' vs Alter Chronos (Balanced) 00Expand Drift
nL.T.Ev': 2 Wins/40% (All KO)
aC.00E.Dr: 3 Wins/60% (All OS)

Btw Nightmare Longinus Turn Evolution' is already a confirmed meta combo, you don't have to test it. You should test untested combos which might have potential, or compare parts to see which is better etcetera.

Sadly I can only test beyblades after two/three days, therefore you'll have to wait. I'll test Lost Longinus, although Wombat said that it is not meta-worthy, I hope I can unlock its potential or something. I'll also test Sieg Xcalibur vs Buster Xcalibur as I'm still not sure about which one is the better one, and also Galaxy Zeus to see if it's outclassed.
(Sep. 22, 2021  9:52 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2021  3:01 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Archer Hercules TT is banned. I was using the hasbro version, why do you think the tip was a Slingschock driver? But sorry I’ll add that detail

Fafnir (1 KO, 1 OS)
Longinus (2 OS, 1 BST)

Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)

Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)

It's Hercules H4, not Archer Hercules. You need to know the proper names for beyblades, Archer is Archer, H4 is H4, they are different. Bruh.

Also can you please follow the result testing format, not use your own? You can't just say Longinus, or Chronos, or Valkyrie. You need to write their full combo abbreviation. I just said that two days ago.

Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)

I'll change it to be

Btw Nightmare Longinus Turn Evolution' is already a confirmed meta combo, you don't have to test it. You should test untested combos which might have potential, or compare parts to see which is better etcetera.

Sadly I can only test beyblades after two/three days, therefore you'll have to wait. I'll test Lost Longinus, although Wombat said that it is not meta-worthy, I hope I can unlock its potential or something.  I'll also test Sieg Xcalibur vs Buster Xcalibur as I'm still not sure about which one is the better one, and also Galaxy Zeus to see if it's outclassed.

I was up last night playing around with Union and erase, and erase Longinus is super tight and Union achilles is overall balanced. I’ll start doing some tests with those combos and ill try out some meta combos that I haven’t tried out yet as well. But for meta combos that I already have tried out, and most people know about, those I won’t do.
Are these tests being done in an official standard stadium?

Last I checked, you were using a fake one. So unless you somehow got an official one in the past couple of months, please specify. If you say you do have an official one, could you perhaps post a picture?
Bloody Longinus Sting Drift is good at opposite spin and if you get a good hit, good against left. I was so proud when my Bloody Longinus KO's my Rage Jolt, but I launched Rage first tho but still. It's a pretty good combo
(Sep. 23, 2021  2:15 AM)(Blank) Wrote: Bloody Longinus Sting Drift is good at opposite spin and if you get a good hit, good against left. I was so proud when my Bloody Longinus KO's my Rage Jolt, but I launched Rage first tho but still. It's a pretty good combo

Sorry if this sounds rude, but this is burst limited. Meaning sting and rage are banned. Burst limited is mainly god beys with all hasbro stuff and some turbo with like 5 Gt layers.
oh, sorry I didn't notice this was burst limited. My bad. Ace Dragon 0 Destroy is my only bey that's viable for limited.
(Sep. 23, 2021  2:19 AM)(Blank) Wrote: oh, sorry I didn't notice this was burst limited. My bad. Ace Dragon 0 Destroy is my only bey that's viable for limited.

Try using your bump or dagger frame on it for an upgrade, and I’d suggest using destroy’ in case you burst.
so far it hasn't burst against any bey, which I find impressive. You can use frames in limited? Now that adds spice to the game
(Sep. 23, 2021  2:22 AM)(Blank) Wrote: so far it hasn't burst against any bey, which I find impressive. You can use frames in limited? Now that adds spice to the game

You can see use every frame in burst limited. There’s a rulebook, maybe look through it.
(Sep. 22, 2021  3:04 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 22, 2021  9:52 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: It's Hercules H4, not Archer Hercules. You need to know the proper names for beyblades, Archer is Archer, H4 is H4, they are different. Bruh.

Chronos (3 OS)
Longinus (2 KO)

I'll change it to be

Sadly I can only test beyblades after two/three days, therefore you'll have to wait. I'll test Lost Longinus, although Wombat said that it is not meta-worthy, I hope I can unlock its potential or something.  I'll also test Sieg Xcalibur vs Buster Xcalibur as I'm still not sure about which one is the better one, and also Galaxy Zeus to see if it's outclassed.

I was up last night playing around with Union and erase, and erase Longinus is super tight and Union achilles is overall balanced. I’ll start doing some tests with those combos and ill try out some meta combos that I haven’t tried out yet as well. But for meta combos that I already have tried out, and most people know about, those I won’t do.
Erase for attack? Hmm.

(Sep. 23, 2021  2:19 AM)(Blank) Wrote: oh, sorry I didn't notice this was burst limited. My bad. Ace Dragon 0 Destroy is my only bey that's viable for limited.

Even if it was Burst Standard, Bloody Longinus and Sting are heavily outclassed in Standard.

However Bloody Longinus is top/high-tier in Limited. Especially for MIxed Attack. It does well on drivers like Destroy', Reboot', or Generate (and others).
it can actually do good against right spin beys, especially if it's only cho z. It will dominate. I can see you hate bad combos lmao, but still Bloody and sting are quite good especially during they're time. That bloody combo is actually viable against gt beys.
(Sep. 23, 2021  2:22 AM)(Blank) Wrote: so far it hasn't burst against any bey, which I find impressive. You can use frames in limited? Now that adds spice to the game

Depends on what you put it against. If you put Maximum Garuda gainst it, it won't burst. Also, you don't need to burst it. Ace Dragon 00 Destroy' can be won by most Limited metagame combos. Maybe you can put your parts up on Build Me A Combo so that people can see what parts you have and help you with combos.
Thanks, maybe you'll help me in that thread since you know so much.
Me: What knowledge do you offer today, Oh Spriggan in the hole?
You: Spriggan is the best beyblade
Me: *BOWS DOWN* 😮🤯
(Sep. 23, 2021  8:41 AM)(Blank) Wrote: Thanks, maybe you'll help me in that thread since you know so much.
Me: What knowledge do you offer today, Oh Spriggan in the hole?
You: Spriggan is the best beyblade
Me: *BOWS DOWN* 😮🤯

Oooooof. Lol
(Sep. 23, 2021  8:36 AM)(Blank) Wrote: it can actually do good against right spin beys, especially if it's only cho z. It will dominate. I can see you hate bad combos lmao, but still Bloody and sting are quite good especially during they're time. That bloody combo is actually viable against gt beys.

It's because you don't have meta GT combos.

If you put it up against Kei's Top 5 Best Beybalde Combos in 2020, boom your combo goes.

Also in some other thread you put Bloody Longinus Generate against Rage, I literally said FOR BURST LIMITED, there is no point is fighting it against non-limited beys.

(Sep. 23, 2021  8:36 AM)(Blank) Wrote: it can actually do good against right spin beys, especially if it's only cho z. It will dominate. I can see you hate bad combos lmao, but still Bloody and sting are quite good especially during they're time. That bloody combo is actually viable against gt beys.
I never said Bloody and Sting were bad.

Oh well, I'll just have to write something to make you understand burst meta.