GT Chip Meta

Basically post down below the best gachi chips in your opinion. For example, Diabolos 1 becuase of the weight or Sprrigan cause of the good teeth or Pegasus because...of the looks.
i like luinor if you put a 'driver on it but if it is a normal driver than achilles
I’d probably go for Valkyrie or the first Diabolos Chip. Spriggan chip is great too.
DIabolos 1, Spriggan and Achilles have excellent teeth! Valkyrie is good depending on the base, Ashura and Bahamut are ok
(Apr. 22, 2020  3:45 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: DIabolos 1, Spriggan and Achilles have excellent teeth! Valkyrie is good depending on the base, Ashura and Bahamut are ok

You would need to use the Gen weight to make either Ashura or Bahamut even remotely viable though.
(Apr. 22, 2020  5:00 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2020  3:45 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: DIabolos 1, Spriggan and Achilles have excellent teeth! Valkyrie is good depending on the base, Ashura and Bahamut are ok

You would need to use the Gen weight to make either Ashura or Bahamut even remotely viable though.

Not necessarily. Dash Drivers provide better chances for Burst resistance and viability of those two Chips (that also probably will include Fafnir).

Basically both Diabolos 1 and 2 are extremely viable along with Odin, Dragon 2, Spriggan, and Achilles simply for their reliable Burst resistance. Longinus and Valkyrie have dependent viability depending on the Base used (for left and right, respectively).
"Good" GT chips IMO:

LR:
-Diabolos1
-Spriggan

R:
-Valkyrie
-Achilles
-Odin
-Hydra

L:
-Longinus
(Apr. 22, 2020  8:33 PM)NAP Wrote: "Good" GT chips IMO:

LR:
-Diabolos1
-Spriggan

R:
-Valkyrie
-Achilles
-Odin
-Hydra

L:
-Longinus
Why hydra though? I have it and it's...kinda bad
(Apr. 22, 2020  9:28 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:

LR:
-Diabolos1
-Spriggan

R:
-Valkyrie
-Achilles
-Odin
-Hydra

L:
-Longinus

No it’s not. The teeth are almost as good as Valkyrie’s.
(Apr. 22, 2020  9:37 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2020  9:28 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Why hydra though? I have it and it's...kinda bad

No it’s not. The teeth are almost as good as Valkyrie’s.

How come my joker chip is better though?
(Apr. 22, 2020  9:28 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:

LR:
-Diabolos1
-Spriggan

R:
-Valkyrie
-Achilles
-Odin
-Hydra

L:
-Longinus

If I'm not mistaken, Hydra is still the heaviest GT chip.
(Apr. 23, 2020  12:10 AM)NAP Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2020  9:28 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Why hydra though? I have it and it's...kinda bad

If I'm not mistaken, Hydra is still the heaviest GT chip.

Diabolos 1 actually technically is, although if you mean regular chips then I would not know. Maybe it is Hydra, maybe it is not.
I'll say, I do believe they may have made a small adjustment to the Hydra chip. The original chip felt bad, unbelievably bad. It was when I got my hands on the gold hydra chip that it started to hold together. You can put it on something and it will hold together better than the Achilles chip will. Obviously it could be mold variation, but to have so many of these poor chips of all different colors to suddenly run into several of these gold Hydra chips that can take a beating without bursting, it feels like something has changed.
For L/R chips Diabolos is easily king due to its massive weight and excellent OWD, giving it some of the hardest hits in all of GT and proving itself to be one of the best layer weights too. Spriggan is great as well if you want a more standard chip and is definitely among the best. Diabolos II looks cool, but doesn't impress me as it's basically Odin but with too little space to pull that sort of "3 on one side 2 on the other" gimmick off.

For right spin chips, the kings are Odin and Achilles. Both of them fit tightly into just about any layer base (including the likes of Flare or Imperial, which are often picky regarding which chips sit well in them), and have some of the strongest tooth compositions out there. Achilles is a straight upgrade to Dragon with a better fourth tooth (which for Dragon is utterly pathetic and barely exists), and Odin pulls off Ashura's multi-side gimmick far better with even more strength on both regular and ' drivers. Ashura is good on ' drivers specifically, but I've also fallen out of favor with that as a strategy since both Achilles and Odin do that so much better. Valkyrie is not as good as some of you guys are saying it is, as it lacks synergy and only really works its stuff on regular drivers.

For left spin chips, Longinus is usually my choice for king. Fafnir is good on ' drivers if you feel the need for it (and some people apparently have Longinus chips that make ' drivers "wobble" around and make their combo unbalanced after taking burst damage, which also applies to some Valkyrie chips), but Bahamut doesn't quite work the same way Ashura does in my experience. Not sure if it's something with how left spin chips seat themselves in the bases or what, but I find Fafnir better on ' drivers than Bahamut.

tl;dr
Dual: Diabolos, Spriggan
Right: Odin, Achilles
Left: Longinus

Ordering those five from best to worst: Diabolos, Odin, Achilles, Spriggan, Longinus

PS: The thing with Hydra is that it's equivalent to Joker, just with Joker's slightly stronger tooth moved to the very last tooth instead. Usually Joker is considered better just because its stronger tooth is at the front, which means its more relevant when things are hitting the hardest instead of risking sliding down to the final tooth and sitting there closer to a burst in the middle of the fight. Honestly, the difference in weight between Hydra and Joker probably isn't enough to overcome this disadvantageous position, though I haven't played around enough with the golden chip to see if there's any significant difference there as Palazzo claims. Feels flukey though, and the two chips are both mediocre (but usable) and overall the two are nearly equal in terms of power.
(Apr. 23, 2020  4:08 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: For L/R chips Diabolos is easily king due to its massive weight and excellent OWD, giving it some of the hardest hits in all of GT and proving itself to be one of the best layer weights too. Spriggan is great as well if you want a more standard chip and is definitely among the best. Diabolos II looks cool, but doesn't impress me as it's basically Odin but with too little space to pull that sort of "3 on one side 2 on the other" gimmick off.

For right spin chips, the kings are Odin and Achilles. Both of them fit tightly into just about any layer base (including the likes of Flare or Imperial, which are often picky regarding which chips sit well in them), and have some of the strongest tooth compositions out there. Achilles is a straight upgrade to Dragon with a better fourth tooth (which for Dragon is utterly pathetic and barely exists), and Odin pulls off Ashura's multi-side gimmick far better with even more strength on both regular and ' drivers. Ashura is good on ' drivers specifically, but I've also fallen out of favor with that as a strategy since both Achilles and Odin do that so much better. Valkyrie is not as good as some of you guys are saying it is, as it lacks synergy and only really works its stuff on regular drivers.

For left spin chips, Longinus is usually my choice for king. Fafnir is good on ' drivers if you feel the need for it (and some people apparently have Longinus chips that make ' drivers "wobble" around and make their combo unbalanced after taking burst damage, which also applies to some Valkyrie chips), but Bahamut doesn't quite work the same way Ashura does in my experience. Not sure if it's something with how left spin chips seat themselves in the bases or what, but I find Fafnir better on ' drivers than Bahamut.

tl;dr
Dual: Diabolos, Spriggan
Right: Odin, Achilles
Left: Longinus

Ordering those five from best to worst: Diabolos, Odin, Achilles, Spriggan, Longinus

PS: The thing with Hydra is that it's equivalent to Joker, just with Joker's slightly stronger tooth moved to the very last tooth instead. Usually Joker is considered better just because its stronger tooth is at the front, which means its more relevant when things are hitting the hardest instead of risking sliding down to the final tooth and sitting there closer to a burst in the middle of the fight. Honestly, the difference in weight between Hydra and Joker probably isn't enough to overcome this disadvantageous position, though I haven't played around enough with the golden chip to see if there's any significant difference there as Palazzo claims. Feels flukey though, and the two chips are both mediocre (but usable) and overall the two are nearly equal in terms of power.

Thanks!
Would you guys say Spriggan or Diabolos 2 is better? Also, about Hydra, I wouldn't say to ever use it given better chips, and there's really no layer base where it would be ideal.
(Apr. 23, 2020  9:50 PM)Armor Wrote: Would you guys say Spriggan or Diabolos 2 is better? Also, about Hydra, I wouldn't say to ever use it given better chips, and there's really no layer base where it would be ideal.

both Spriggan and Diabolos 2 are good depending on the combo, and Hydra is only good with the Gen weight
(Apr. 23, 2020  9:52 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2020  9:50 PM)Armor Wrote: Would you guys say Spriggan or Diabolos 2 is better? Also, about Hydra, I wouldn't say to ever use it given better chips, and there's really no layer base where it would be ideal.

both Spriggan and Diabolos 2 are good depending on the combo, and Hydra is only good with the Gen weight

There's probably a better one out of the too. As soon as you said Gen, I lost interest. Gen should never have to be used; if you're using it change the combo. Wizard is the only base that makes Gen necessary. People say Dread, but put it on Diabolos or Spriggan and you should get some decent burst resistance.
(Apr. 23, 2020  10:01 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2020  9:52 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: both Spriggan and Diabolos 2 are good depending on the combo, and Hydra is only good with the Gen weight

There's probably a better one out of the too. As soon as you said Gen, I lost interest. Gen should never have to be used; if you're using it change the combo. Wizard is the only base that makes Gen necessary. People say Dread, but put it on Diabolos or Spriggan and you should get some decent burst resistance.

I actually find Wizard better without the need to resort to Gen. It needs the KO resistance to survive to the endgame and stand a shot at winning.

Also never really had much luck with Diabolos II. Usually find that its teeth are too close together.
(Apr. 24, 2020  12:41 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2020  10:01 PM)Armor Wrote: There's probably a better one out of the too. As soon as you said Gen, I lost interest. Gen should never have to be used; if you're using it change the combo. Wizard is the only base that makes Gen necessary. People say Dread, but put it on Diabolos or Spriggan and you should get some decent burst resistance.

I actually find Wizard better without the need to resort to Gen. It needs the KO resistance to survive to the endgame and stand a shot at winning.

Also never really had much luck with Diabolos II. Usually find that its teeth are too close together.

Going with a heavier disc doesn't work? I feel like you might have to lean towards something like Sting or Wheel, with Gen hopefully compensating for burst risk
It is true that Hydra is the heaviest chip after Diabolos, tied with Achilles at 2.66 grams.
(Apr. 24, 2020  2:45 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  12:41 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I actually find Wizard better without the need to resort to Gen. It needs the KO resistance to survive to the endgame and stand a shot at winning.

Going with a heavier disc doesn't work? I feel like you might have to lean towards something like Sting or Wheel, with Gen hopefully compensating for burst risk

You're better off not screwing your LAD if possible. With Wizard your only wincons are wins by LAD or wins by slow speed burst (or I suppose your opponent could self-KO, but that's not really a wincon you can play for). You need to ensure that your LAD and Defense is as high as possible and that your layer can't possibly scrape the ground (because its rubber kills LAD hard).

That being said, Wheel might have enough LAD to work (Though Sting likely wouldn't be great for that). Even then you should be spinning slower than your opponent at all times until the very end of the match, so Gen becomes sorta pointless and you're better off using something to improve Defense such as a heavier weight. Gen isn't really going to stop Wizard from bursting half the time anyways.
(Apr. 22, 2020  5:00 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote:

Or just a dash driver?

(Apr. 24, 2020  2:45 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  12:41 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I actually find Wizard better without the need to resort to Gen. It needs the KO resistance to survive to the endgame and stand a shot at winning.

Why Gen and not a dash driver? Retsu weight plus wheel plus any ' ?

(Apr. 22, 2020  9:48 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2020  9:37 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: No it’s not. The teeth are almost as good as Valkyrie’s.

How come my joker chip is better though?

Its tighter teeth are on the first click, early game protection
Achilles,Valkyrie and Dragon2 for right burst resistance. Pegasus if u want to use gen weight. Longinus and Fafnir for burst resistance for left. Bahaumud is mostly used with lord or master.