GFX+Writing Tag-Team Matches! Will It Work?

Poll: Do you think this can work?

Yes
41.18%
No
35.29%
I don't know...
23.53%
Total: 100% 17 vote(s)
Here's the new idea for combining writing and GFX battles:

1. It's a 2 on 2 battle, one writer and one GFX maker on each side.
2. Once a theme is named, the partners communicate through PM's and work together to match their writing piece with the GFX that's created.
3. Once they think they're finished, they send their entries to the host who makes the thread (Note that the GFX and writing piece together are counted as one entry)
4. Same rules apply
What do you think?
I think with a lot of effort it could work. But, I think writing it would be easier to describe the situation, rather than having to find a render to fit it. And making it from scratch may make it even harder, but I say it's worth a shot. Smile
Hmm... An interesting idea... But it might not be fair, because a writer if not given a limit (of words, not paragraphs. Paragraphs could be very long,) could be able to describe the scenario better. Good idea!

EDIT: Ninja'd by Vintage.
It might work...hardish...but might work
It's a thouht, but not as of now. I see the idea working, but not so well now because writer and GFXers are in different leagues. This is more for people who do both, like you and me.

/My 2 cents.

EDIT: I got triple Ninja'd? WTF!? Tired
Alright, so maybe the writer has a limit of one paragraph, and the GFX maker has a limit of a certain size, that way s/he can't have more than one render?
haha love the ninjas...

Its a great idea, the paragraph I agree on..
The idea is great, but people will have to be smart enough to handle it...
Two completely different things being compared.... Tough job.
The judges(of course its the members) would have to be extremely smart to draw a line between the 2 entries, and state what they liked more. We might hold out some trials, to see how it works! Smile
So maybe a test drive is in order, just to see how it works?

OK, here, I'll make a topic, but I need one GFX person (Someone good Wink) to face me. I'd like to be the writer for this one:

Theme: Pokemon!
Rules: Writer (me) only gets one paragraph, and the GFX must be size 500x150
Due date: PM your GFX to me by the 8th, at least. But I'll make the thread before that (As soon as someone accepts the challenge).

Anyone want to be a guinea pig?
I'll do it! Sounds fun. Grin
(Aug. 02, 2011  7:04 PM)Vintage Wrote: I'll do it! Sounds fun. Grin
OK! I'll make the thread. Once you finish your GFX, send it to me and I'll post it along with my writing piece. We'll see what happens from there.
What are you guys beaten on?

Definitely not. A story is much more surreal, or descriptive. What chance are we giving to anyone? Nothing.

Two different things cannot just fuse like this.
I think that this is a good idea, but at the standard of most stories that we have, it could be hard for some writers to describe it well enough to beat a picture. But it will work if people give the effort to do such description. A picture is worth a thousand words, and the writers will be able to give people those words, making it just as good as a picture.
How about one GFX maker tags with one writer the writer writes a story related to the sig Grin
[quote='CyberBlader27' pid='738129' dateline='1312305464']
Hmm... An interesting idea... But it might not be fair, because a writer if not given a limit (of words, not paragraphs. Paragraphs could be very long,) could be able to describe the scenario better. Good idea!

EDIT: Ninja'd by Vintage.
I missed that too.
Meh, I want to join, but I don't know how to make a GFX.
Do you mean you're gonna make a 'Tag Team Battle', sparta?
No, but THAT IS THE SINGLE BEST IDEA EVER! One GFX maker teams up with a writer for each side! Genius! So the writer and GFX person have to work together and make sure the GFX matches the description! That's awesome!
Sounds like an awesome idea! Maybe the people that do both (me, Sparta, Taiwo Seigi) can challenge eachother Tongue_out_wink
And what do people vote yes or no or do they go against another team
(Aug. 03, 2011  3:55 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Sounds like an awesome idea! Maybe the people that do both (me, Sparta, Taiwo Seigi) can challenge eachother Tongue_out_wink
Even better, I team up with SDC and you team up with, say, Fyouur, and do a tag team! One does GFX and the other person on that team does the writing!
(Aug. 03, 2011  3:55 AM)Fyurity Wrote: And what do people vote yes or no or do they go against another team

2 teams face off, and people vote on which tandem was better.

SDC, you GFxing and me writing-we'd make a sick team!
But I'm no good at writing Crying I prefer GFXing.
Then you can make the GFX and...Temporal can write for you.

I think this is a much better idea than writing vs GFX. Once I get home, I'll change the thread. In fact, Vintage, let's call off the battle.
Alright, so now it's a tag team thing. Still sounds really cool though. Smile
Wha? Since when did I get dragged into this? Ah, well. I'll try my hand at it.
yay my idea is a success Grin i think ill join