Friday Night Funkin’ Discussion

Surprised this hasn’t been created yet considering the popularity of the game. You can talk about the game Friday Night Funkin’ here. I myself have played this game and think it’s a solid game, and the music is definitely the highlight, being quite stellar. I was shocked when I found out it didn’t cost money since it looked like a pretty high quality game. Definitely going to be watching this game and see where it ends up going.
I haven´t really played Fnf yet, but it looks really cool and fun to play, and it´s a rhythm game, which just adds to the fun because I love rhythm games!
I like these types of games, there interesting, not much else to say.
Looks like a week 7 song got released by Kawaii Sprite, but I see a lot of people saying it’s either Tank Man or Ritz, however Tank Man was apparently unconfirmed? Ritz IMO feels like bait though since Ninja Muffin said he wasn’t gonna leak the week and only told a few people about it, so I doubt he would completely go against what he said and post the new character for week 7. Honestly I’m not sure who exactly it’ll be, but it’s probably either Tank Man despite being unconfirmed or a new character.

Week 7 Song btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLDBCkvyUg
What's this game about? I haven't played it yet.
(Mar. 13, 2021  12:58 AM)BeybladeBurst#1 Wrote: What's this game about? I haven't played it yet.

It's essentially a teenager rapping to win the approval of his girlfriend's parents, with some spooky shenanigans along the way.
(Mar. 12, 2021  3:24 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Looks like a week 7 song got released by Kawaii Sprite, but I see a lot of people saying it’s either Tank Man or Ritz, however Tank Man was apparently unconfirmed? Ritz IMO feels like bait though since Ninja Muffin said he wasn’t gonna leak the week and only told a few people about it, so I doubt he would completely go against what he said and post the new character for week 7. Honestly I’m not sure who exactly it’ll be, but it’s probably either Tank Man despite being unconfirmed or a new character.

Week 7 Song btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=6dkH4NMzdL4

I dont think that's the song lol
why is week 2 harder than every other week
(Mar. 13, 2021  1:30 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2021  3:24 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Looks like a week 7 song got released by Kawaii Sprite, but I see a lot of people saying it’s either Tank Man or Ritz, however Tank Man was apparently unconfirmed? Ritz IMO feels like bait though since Ninja Muffin said he wasn’t gonna leak the week and only told a few people about it, so I doubt he would completely go against what he said and post the new character for week 7. Honestly I’m not sure who exactly it’ll be, but it’s probably either Tank Man despite being unconfirmed or a new character.

Week 7 Song btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=6dkH4NMzdL4

I dont think that's the song lol

Oh shoot, I must’ve forgotten I had copied that link. Thanks for letting me know, it should be fixed in a moment.

Edit: Fixed it. It should be the actual song now.

(Mar. 13, 2021  1:44 AM)Orochi's Blade Wrote: why is week 2 harder than every other week

I personally think Week 4 is the hardest week so far, but week 2 definitely has hard parts, especially South.
This game basically revived my childhood! Used to be the type of kid who would get my device and try to find some free rhythm game to play on the web. The genre wasnt too popular where I am, and it was kinda dorky to some people, but I was really amazed with FNF. It has some really good music, and its fun to see people getting into rhythm games because of it
(Mar. 13, 2021  1:28 AM)BusyBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2021  12:58 AM)BeybladeBurst#1 Wrote: What's this game about? I haven't played it yet.

It's essentially a teenager rapping to win the approval of his girlfriend's parents, with some spooky shenanigans along the way.

Ok
I'm yet to actually play the game, but from what Rob has shown be, Friday Night Funkin' seems to be a great game. Surprised it's free, it seems to easily be worth at least a $5 price tag.
Hopefully Ninja Muffin decides to port the game, would love to see it receive a console release.
(Mar. 13, 2021  1:44 AM)Orochi's Blade Wrote: why is week 2 harder than every other week

100% Agree. I just recently started playing this game, so not even a week, really, and I was able to clear all the Weeks on Easy without any unbearable struggle, besides Week 2, specifically South. Like, man, is that one hard! Even now that I've moved on to playing on Normal, that is still the one that gives me the most trouble! I haven't beat it at all on this difficulty! Hoping I get the hang of it by the time I move on to hard (if I can actually manage that someday >-<), because it will be a nice accomplishment to have them all done at least once!
just a question for yall that play the game
how can Girlfriend be alive on week 5 if her head is in the top of the christmas tree?
(Apr. 13, 2021  1:58 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: just a question for yall that play the game
how can Girlfriend be alive on week 5 if her head is in the top of the christmas tree?

I don’t think that’s actually girlfriend and instead someone else. It’s a bit strange that they look like girlfriend, but it’s not her.
(Apr. 13, 2021  2:30 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2021  1:58 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: just a question for yall that play the game

I don’t think that’s actually girlfriend and instead someone else. It’s a bit strange that they look like girlfriend, but it’s not her.

its weird how that looks like a kid's game from far away but when you play it there is a decapitated person's head on the christmas tree on the local mall
and a demon that looks like a lemon that wants to eat your girlfriend in the literal way

I think maybe it is just a melted wax mold of her head? Or something of that sort, at least. It doesn't look much like a real head to me, but my guess is just as good as anyone else's.

Also, update on my last post in this thread, I did beat South and moved on to hard mode, but got stuck again on the entirety of week two and then Thorns on week 6. I've given up for now, since I really believe those levels are just beyond my skill level no matter how many times I play, haha. I feel pretty accomplished on completing the rest on hard, though, it feels so much more satisfying to play on the harder difficulties and vibe to the song.
(Apr. 13, 2021  2:41 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote:

I think maybe it is just a melted wax mold of her head? Or something of that sort, at least. It doesn't look much like a real head to me, but my guess is just as good as anyone else's.

yeah I gues but is still creepy
and the fact that the lemon guy was there in the first two songs in the background makes it creepier
(Apr. 13, 2021  2:46 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2021  2:41 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote: I think maybe it is just a melted wax mold of her head? Or something of that sort, at least. It doesn't look much like a real head to me, but my guess is just as good as anyone else's.

yeah I gues but is still creepy
and the fact that the lemon guy was there in the first two songs in the background makes it creepier

Yes, I agree, a very unsettling song. Pinching_eyes I love playing it though, because it's such a slow song that it's easy no matter the difficulty, so I get to relax after the songs that come before that one on week 5.
(Apr. 13, 2021  2:48 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2021  2:46 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: yeah I gues but is still creepy

Yes, I agree, a very unsettling song. Pinching_eyes  I love playing it though, because it's such a slow song that it's easy no matter the difficulty, so I get to relax after the songs that come before that one on week 5.

dude its kinda funny how smol the boyfriend and Gf are but they are 19
and how can the girlfriend be so thicc?

I dont play the game cause I cant download it on chromebook and playing it via browser lags too much my chromebook and it sucks cause I wanna play it
Unhappy
(Apr. 13, 2021  2:41 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote:

Also, update on my last post in this thread, I did beat South and moved on to hard mode, but got stuck again on the entirety of week two and then Thorns on week 6. I've given up for now, since I really believe those levels are just beyond my skill level no matter how many times I play, haha. I feel pretty accomplished on completing the rest on hard, though, it feels so much more satisfying to play on the harder difficulties and vibe to the song.

Honestly I was looking for a challenge after I had beaten all the songs on hard, and B Sides has certainly been that for sure. I managed to complete the first two weeks on flip mode (the equivalent to hard mode), but I’m stuck on week 3’s first song. The way the game’s engine works makes it harder to play songs with a lot of notes, and week 3 certainly has a lot of those. I’ll probably need to switch to the Kade engine which helps the game run smoother and prevent notes from lagging and not registering.
This game is boring in my opinion. Guitar hero is better. Don't attack me but it's basically guitar hero having a heart attack while trying to do rap.
(Apr. 13, 2021  2:56 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Honestly I was looking for a challenge after I had beaten all the songs on hard, and B Sides has certainly been that for sure. I managed to complete the first two weeks on flip mode (the equivalent to hard mode), but I’m stuck on week 3’s first song. The way the game’s engine works makes it harder to play songs with a lot of notes, and week 3 certainly has a lot of those. I’ll probably need to switch to the Kade engine which helps the game run smoother and prevent notes from lagging and not registering.

Before I got into the game I spammed watching 8-Bit Ryan's videos and he's played a ton of mods like that, and just from seeing him play them I know, they're pretty out of my league, since even the ones that aren't super fast or spammy have lots of doubles or follow up notes that require really good timing. I don't know about anyone else's laptop, but for me, when playing the game I have to hit the notes a little late or it will be considered a miss, so having to factor that in while pressing all the right buttons would DESTROY ME on B-Sides, for sure. But I do still want to try it out, just because I do like the songs. Don't see myself beating it, though.

(Apr. 13, 2021  3:03 AM)kai edits Wrote: This game is boring in my opinion. Guitar hero is better. Don't attack me but it's basically guitar hero having a heart attack while trying to do rap.

I agree, in some ways. I've never played Guitar Hero but I've watched videos of people using the Guitar Hero guitar to play the game and the skillset seems to transfer pretty well, so they're definitely similar. And I will admit, the hype for the game died down for me a good bit after either beating the songs or failing at them so many times it became disheartening. Probably need to try out Guitar Hero one of these days to give it a proper comparison, though.
YEAH SATURDAY NIGHT NEXT RIGHT???
(Apr. 13, 2021  1:36 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: YEAH SATURDAY NIGHT NEXT RIGHT???

where the girlfriend is T H I C C E R   already the boyfriend's girlfriend and you control Pico trying to have the Gf back