Flower City Summit, Saturday, August 8th (Rochester, New York)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

FLOWER CITY SUMMIT
Saturday, August 8th
Cobbs Hill Park Reservoir

Online registration begins Monday, July 20th
On-site registration begins at noon on the day of the tournament. We will be located at the top of the staircase, at the entrance to the Reservoir, pictured here.

Tournament begins at 2:00 PM sharp and will continue until we have a winner.

Prizes

3rd Place
Aquario 105F
Wolf 125SF

2nd Place
Blue Beylauncher
Black Pegasis 100HF
Leone D125B

1st Place
Launcher Grip
Black Beylauncher
Virgo DF145BS
Libra 145S
Black 105
Black F

Those who stick around until the following day are welcome to join me in attending the Rochester branch of the Battle Striker's Turbo Tour. Times for this have not been announced yet.

Hope to see you all there!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 04, 2009  9:16 PM)Blue Wrote: Booked bus yo! Ell I decided to return on sunday at 6:45pm.

We may end up on the same bus from Buffalo-Toronto. I'm taking the 8:15PM bus from Buffalo.
Hot damn, looks like we might meet regulation after all! Blue, I still need to know what time you're getting in on Friday so I'll know if I have to change work shifts or not to come pick you up at the bus station.
(Aug. 05, 2009  2:36 AM)Spinster Wrote: Hot damn, looks like we might meet regulation after all! Blue, I still need to know what time you're getting in on Friday so I'll know if I have to change work shifts or not to come pick you up at the bus station.
Hot damn, looks like we might meet regulation after all! Bl

My friend Karra is driving us from Buffalo to Rochester, she can probably drop him off at your place whenever. We're leaving Buffalo around 2, so we'll get into Roc. at like 3:30? I assume he'll be cool to hang out with us until you get off work.
yeah thats how it worked out, 3ish pm sounds right. hope its not a problem man
i won'thave much stuff either hahaha
Alright, well, Friday I work 5:00-Close, which means leaving my place around 4:40 and getting back around 11:30. Would you guys be cool hanging out until then, or should I try to get my shifts switched and get out around 4:00?
(Aug. 05, 2009  2:48 PM)Spinster Wrote: Alright, well, Friday I work 5:00-Close, which means leaving my place around 4:40 and getting back around 11:30. Would you guys be cool hanging out until then, or should I try to get my shifts switched and get out around 4:00?

Well we're going to a rave, which I highly doubt Alex wants to go to lol
I'm still slightly up in the air at the moment because we've been busy the past week, but if we can get on the Amtrak to get to Rochester, then all should be good.
(Aug. 05, 2009  3:41 PM)Minion Wrote: Well we're going to a rave, which I highly doubt Alex wants to go to lol

well i dunno maybe I can dig it lol- don't have appropriate attire tho LMAO
if Tim's spining I want to watch him beat match and stuff[assuming somehow being in the booth but out of the way is possible]. its an adventure lol
Yeah, at this point, I can't get the shift switched (and to be honest, I need the money from a Dinner shift. Lunch shift just ain't gonna cut it). You could always just hang around here at my apartment and watch TV/play video games. My roommate also said he would accept any help in packing, hahaha (he's moving out in about a week).
(Aug. 05, 2009  7:34 PM)Blue Wrote: well i dunno maybe I can dig it lol- don't have appropriate attire tho LMAO
if Tim's spining I want to watch him beat match and stuff[assuming somehow being in the booth but out of the way is possible]. its an adventure lol

I am spinning, and you're more than welcome to come back behind the booth and watch how it works. Smile It'll probably be too loud for me to talk much about what I'm doing but I'll try to show you the basics. My set runs from 11:30 til 12:30 or 1.
(Aug. 05, 2009  7:34 PM)Blue Wrote: well i dunno maybe I can dig it lol- don't have appropriate attire tho LMAO

You can totally come, and it doesn't matter what you're wearing, jeans and a t-shirt, or whatever's comfortable is great. Rochester's scene is still growing into itself, so there are a lot more "normally" dressed people there.
Yeah in the spirit of trying something new. LOL Tim that really would be awsome though, sure i could learn alot haha
I wish I could go, but NY is to far from CA.
(Aug. 07, 2009  1:22 AM)Anime Wrote: I wish I could go, but NY is to far from CA.

Wut!?

Anyway, have fun guys. Smile
man why are all the things i want to go to are always so close yet too far. I live in texas and my family arent into beyblade as i am.well my cousin might, but he has to wait till our MFB get here.
(Aug. 07, 2009  6:40 PM)InfernoSlayer0 Wrote: man why are all the things i want to go to are always so close yet too far. I live in texas and my family arent into beyblade as i am.well my cousin might, but he has to wait till our MFB get here.

Texas is nowhere near here lol

Anyone else coming out? I'm just grabbing some ramen and driving over there with Tim. Hope the rain holds off. It's looking pretty muggy...
Have fun guys! Hope it doesn't rain much. Pinching_eyes_2
Good to hear.
First Place: Blue
Second Place: Dynamic Uno
Third Place: Minion

Detailed report to follow in the next couple days. Thanks to those who showed!
(Aug. 09, 2009  4:30 AM)Spinster Wrote: First Place: Blue
Second Place: Dynamic Uno
Third Place: Minion

Detailed report to follow in the next couple days. Thanks to those who showed!

weren't there only three people
Ssssh!!!
lmao, thats a little amount. Good you guys had fun though Tongue_out
Well, 4 if you count myself... Still, we had a great time. It was pretty funny, actually. When Blue and I first showed up to the reservoir to wait for the other contenders, there was a wedding going on where I had been planning on holding the event. There was also a crowd of kids nearby looking up at the building and for a brief second, I thought maybe they were there for FCS. No luck though, hahaha