Flower City Summit, Saturday, August 8th (Rochester, New York)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

FLOWER CITY SUMMIT
Saturday, August 8th
Cobbs Hill Park Reservoir

Online registration begins Monday, July 20th
On-site registration begins at noon on the day of the tournament. We will be located at the top of the staircase, at the entrance to the Reservoir, pictured here.

Tournament begins at 2:00 PM sharp and will continue until we have a winner.

Prizes

3rd Place
Aquario 105F
Wolf 125SF

2nd Place
Blue Beylauncher
Black Pegasis 100HF
Leone D125B

1st Place
Launcher Grip
Black Beylauncher
Virgo DF145BS
Libra 145S
Black 105
Black F

Those who stick around until the following day are welcome to join me in attending the Rochester branch of the Battle Striker's Turbo Tour. Times for this have not been announced yet.

Hope to see you all there!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

aww man i wish i could come but its so far away from texas
Rochester: not quite Texas.
Updating original post, check that for official details.
I want to go but I also dont have any MFW parts... My birthday is on tueseday so there is a slight chance I could get order some and have them come right before the tourny.
(Jul. 18, 2009  3:17 AM)King Kyouya Wrote: I want to go but I also dont have any MFW parts... My birthday is on tueseday so there is a slight chance I could get order some and have them come right before the tourny.

Don't worry about having tops to use, if you can make it to the location, I'm sure someone will be able to lend you some parts to participate. (I'm happy enough to lend out my stuff, so long as I don't think you're going to run off with them Tongue_out )
I just found out that I might be going to Japan for 2 weeks or so and if I go I will be getting back the day before the tourny. So I have my fingers crossed. Smile
Will it be open format? Or BMF? Plastic? Divisions? You probably did say but i fail so much thast i missed it after reading this conversation for the third time.

Quote:
Quote:I want to go but I also dont have any MFW parts... My birthday is on tueseday so there is a slight chance I could get order some and have them come right before the tourny.
Don't worry about having tops to use, if you can make it to the location, I'm sure someone will be able to lend you some parts to participate. (I'm happy enough to lend out my stuff, so long as I don't think you're going to run off with them )
This does kinda sorta imply the format, but i want to be sure.

BTW, i asked my dad how long it would take to get there. I asked:

Quote:Hey, Dad? How long would it take to drive to vancoover?
XD!

Yeah, so, I'm hoping Rochester is closer to LI becouse i will n ot sit in a car for twenty hours. My dad probably wouldn't drive me anyways. Maybe i'll be able to make it due to the fact that its in the state. And country. Don't put me on an official list or anything yet, though.
Hahahaha, I don't live ANYWHERE CLOSE to Vancouver. Long Island is, at the most, an 8 hour drive away, probably less. Rochester is like, smack-dab in the middle of the state.
(Jul. 19, 2009  9:59 AM)Spinster Wrote: Hahahaha, I don't live ANYWHERE CLOSE to Vancouver. Long Island is, at the most, an 8 hour drive away, probably less. Rochester is like, smack-dab in the middle of the state.

Thx for the info. My aunt might live in the area! I can also probably make it. Now all i need is a BMF and my dads permission...

EDIT: I asked my dad. He said that he can't do it nor my mom, so i probably won't make it. If i can get a carpool (and im not asking you guys for them, for that would be rude) then the statistics change and i can battle.
carp. So I just found out today that I'm actually going to be in Buffalo on the 8th :\ There is a corn festival in Tim's home town and we've had plans to go to it for months, I didn't realize these dates overlapped until today Unhappy

Is there any way of postponing this? If not, that's cool, but I would really like to be a part of this tourney. Even just moving this to the sunday would probably make it possible. We could bus back to Roc. saturday night.
Honestly, is this even going to get close to the minimum turnout?
YO I didn't know it would be at a resovoir! Thats sick from the looks of it.
Anyway as you know im in, Evan I hope you could make it.
I'm still trying to get my parents approval for this. It's only about 1 hour by train so it wouldn't be that bad of a ride. My family owes me for dragging me along to go see that Harry Potter premier in NYC so... Good thing I have 3 weeks to convince them! XD
Em, I wouldn't have an issue with running this on Sunday. I've gotten both days off from work. However, at this point it's not really up to me. I've had the day announced as Saturday for over a month now, so unless a majority of those committed to coming (which, admittedly, isn't a huge number yet) are ok with pushing this back one day, I don't think I could OK that.

What do you say folks? FCS on Sunday instead so Minion and her gang can show?
Yeah, you're right, this is pretty late notice. I'm going to talk to Tim tonight about the corn festival, theres a chance we might be able to go friday night and bus back saturday morning. Is there an estimate on how many people you expect to show up for this? Once again, I might be able to convince a few friends to come out.
(Jul. 20, 2009  11:06 PM)Spinster Wrote: Em, I wouldn't have an issue with running this on Sunday. I've gotten both days off from work. However, at this point it's not really up to me. I've had the day announced as Saturday for over a month now, so unless a majority of those committed to coming (which, admittedly, isn't a huge number yet) are ok with pushing this back one day, I don't think I could OK that.

What do you say folks? FCS on Sunday instead so Minion and her gang can show?

That is actually good for me! That would be Aug 9? If so, not only could i show, but i could also try to carpool MY friends! Iroinic how this works, but if that isn't good with other bladers, i guess i could miss.
The big issue with holding this on Sunday is it could wind up interfering with attending the Battle Striker's Turbo Tour, which I've been requested to be at and give my opinions on. As far as attendees go, it still seems pretty up in the air for the moment for folks from here. The only one I've got a 100% agreement from is Blue. However, there are several people I know around here who've just recently developed an interest in blading and will probably attend.

With this less than 3 weeks away, I really feel like I need to keep the date locked down as Saturday, but I'll still leave it in the hands of folks here. If there's major interest in switching it over to Sunday, then we'll go for that.
Updated the OP with the prize list
If we're low on attendees, couldn't we use the publicity of the battle strikers thing to draw in more people for our thing?
Yeah, you could mention it there and then have it right after! Of course, it is your tourney and we wouldn't want to screw it all up for you.
Here's a map of the general area to give you an idea of distance between the events.

[Image: maporrocforaug789number.jpg]
Thats... scary.
I guess my idea just flew out the window. This obvously would interfear with battle strikers. I guess you really should go with saturday. Unless it only looks big.

Still, spinster gets the final call despite anything i say.
(Jul. 21, 2009  6:57 PM)firelord767 Wrote: Thats... scary.
I guess my idea just flew out the window. This obvously would interfear with battle strikers. I guess you really should go with saturday. Unless it only looks big.

Still, spinster gets the final call despite anything i say.

It's really not that far... didn't you say you were driving? It's like a 10 minute drive, or a 20 minute bus ride...
Oh, i thought ur point waz against me. When i see maps that show location bigger then the one i drew of my block party when i was 5, i panic.

lol, i can't drive! Me daddy might drive me and my friends.

EDIT: the red i means nothing. How do u unread an i?

EDIT AGAIN: wait, the i isint red? It waz like, 20 secs ago (no joke, i might actually be seeing things)! I'm insane again!
(Jul. 21, 2009  8:49 PM)firelord767 Wrote: Oh, i thought ur point waz against me. When i see maps that show location bigger then the one i drew of my block party when i was 5, i panic.

lol, i can't drive! Me daddy might drive me and my friends.

Haha no, I'm totally with you Tongue_out I'm pushing for Sunday so me and my bf can come. It's going to be a crazy weekend! I'll be busing down to Roc. Friday, going to a party that night, driving to Buffalo in the morning, going to a festival all day (like a small fair!), then driving back to Roc. that night, and hopefully going to the bey tourney on Sunday, or at the very least, the battle strikers thing.
You don't think this idea is in bad taste at all?