Flower City Summit, Saturday, August 8th (Rochester, New York)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

FLOWER CITY SUMMIT
Saturday, August 8th
Cobbs Hill Park Reservoir

Online registration begins Monday, July 20th
On-site registration begins at noon on the day of the tournament. We will be located at the top of the staircase, at the entrance to the Reservoir, pictured here.

Tournament begins at 2:00 PM sharp and will continue until we have a winner.

Prizes

3rd Place
Aquario 105F
Wolf 125SF

2nd Place
Blue Beylauncher
Black Pegasis 100HF
Leone D125B

1st Place
Launcher Grip
Black Beylauncher
Virgo DF145BS
Libra 145S
Black 105
Black F

Those who stick around until the following day are welcome to join me in attending the Rochester branch of the Battle Striker's Turbo Tour. Times for this have not been announced yet.

Hope to see you all there!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 21, 2009  9:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You don't think this idea is in bad taste at all?

Trying to change the date of an event to make it more accessible for 3 potential attendees? Not really, no?

I'm curious how many of the people who initially expressed interest in this are actually still planning to come. So far the only confirmed attendees seem to be Alex, and Elliot. With me, Tim, and firelord, we're still 4 short of an actual tournament. Combined with the people who are drawn to the BattleStrikers event, we might just have enough people to play.

I'm not suggesting that we lure people away from their event, but when they're done with their thing, we could use the extra people interested in spinning tops. Hell, we can invite the ambassadors themselves to play.

PS- Stop hating on me, and give me some constructive feed-back with recommendations and suggestions of alternatives.
I mean it seems in bad taste to me to show up to a Battle Strikers event to promote a competing product, not changing the date. I'm not hating on you, stop being so hostile.
I JUST REMEMBERED! My super genuis aunt just reminded me that this thing will cost money to enter. How much, if so, will registration cost?
(Jul. 22, 2009  1:33 AM)firelord767 Wrote: I JUST REMEMBERED! My super genuis aunt just reminded me that this thing will cost money to enter. How much, if so, will registration cost?

$5, free if you buy a Blader Passport ($10)
For reference on that map, the actual location of FCS is going to be at the other end of the reservoir (see that white square at the lower left end of the R in Reservoir?), and it's about a 3-5 minute walk from my front door. And, while I wouldn't exactly recommend it considering the traffic, you could walk to the Turbo Tour location in about 45 minutes or less from my place.

For the other matter, to be honest, I AM a bit squeamish about plugging FCS at the Turbo Tour. I mean, if I make an acquaintance or two there and they seem interested, then yeah, wouldn't be a problem, but it's not like I'm gonna stand up at the end and be like "NOW, IF YOU THOUGHT THOSE WERE FUN, COME CHECK THESE OUT!!!"

All that being said, if I don't get much more feedback in the next couple days, I very well might bump it over to Sunday instead of Saturday, ESPECIALLY if Firelord is bringing a van full of carpoolers to participate. I'm pretty sure Alex is planning on staying the whole weekend, and Evan would as well, I imagine, if he comes, so I don't think it'd be much of an issue and we'd just spend Saturday hanging out.
Addendum: I love how filthy looking the Genesee river is compared to the Cobb's Hill Reservoir and Lake Riley in that photo. Remember kids, that's where Genny Beer comes from. DON'T DRINK IT.
It wouldn't be a whole van, but there are those dudes at camp that migh come. Problem is that they don't have MFBs.

Quote:"NOW, IF YOU THOUGHT THOSE WERE FUN, COME CHECK THESE OUT!!!"

i loled so hard that i might be in the paramedic tommorrow!
(Jul. 22, 2009  1:41 AM)Spinster Wrote: For reference on that map, the actual location of FCS is going to be at the other end of the reservoir (see that white square at the lower left end of the R in Reservoir?), and it's about a 3-5 minute walk from my front door. And, while I wouldn't exactly recommend it considering the traffic, you could walk to the Turbo Tour location in about 45 minutes or less from my place.

For the other matter, to be honest, I AM a bit squeamish about plugging FCS at the Turbo Tour. I mean, if I make an acquaintance or two there and they seem interested, then yeah, wouldn't be a problem, but it's not like I'm gonna stand up at the end and be like "NOW, IF YOU THOUGHT THOSE WERE FUN, COME CHECK THESE OUT!!!"

All that being said, if I don't get much more feedback in the next couple days, I very well might bump it over to Sunday instead of Saturday, ESPECIALLY if Firelord is bringing a van full of carpoolers to participate. I'm pretty sure Alex is planning on staying the whole weekend, and Evan would as well, I imagine, if he comes, so I don't think it'd be much of an issue and we'd just spend Saturday hanging out.
Addendum: I love how filthy looking the Genesee river is compared to the Cobb's Hill Reservoir and Lake Riley in that photo. Remember kids, that's where Genny Beer comes from. DON'T DRINK IT.
LOL man, did you not jump in that river?
And I think the prospect of checking out the Battle Strikers tourney is not bad. Wouldn't it be cool if Mega Brands fought to get rights for MFB!
I might come to this, but don't get your hopes up. Just letting you know..
(Jul. 22, 2009  5:52 AM)Blue Wrote: LOL man, did you not jump in that river?
And I think the prospect of checking out the Battle Strikers tourney is not bad. Wouldn't it be cool if Mega Brands fought to get rights for MFB!

Nah, it was the Erie Canal that I jumped into. If it was the Genesee, I probably would have had to go to the hospital (no joke).
The genesee is so stagnant, and the place where the genesee meets that other river is a swirling mess of brown water.

My intent is really not to steal the thunder of the BattleStrikers event. And I don't think they'll see it that way.

We can event just not mention Beyblades at all and quietly retreat back to the park.
One of my friends from camp whom i may carpool made an account, so that makes communication easier. I hope i can get him to come.
I have a good chance of coming. I just need to map quest it to see how far away it is from my house. I'm indifferent if it's on Saturday or Sunday. Whatever gives us the better turnout.

EDIT: Nvm. Turns out that Rochester is 6 hours away by car Tired; Unless there is a train station there, my chances dropped quite a bit. Sorry guys...
There's a couple train stations here.
How far away is RIT? Cuz my mom says that she won't go that far unless we're looking for colleges.
(Jul. 23, 2009  9:01 PM)Xeno Wrote: How far away is RIT? Cuz my mom says that she won't go that far unless we're looking for colleges.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_...8&t=h&z=13
Yeah, I'm near a bunch of colleges... RIT, University of Rochester, Nazareth, MCC, Empire State... There's a couple other smaller ones about, too...
Ok, that works. Thanks Minion for the map! Grin This should make things a bit easier. I just need to find a train that goes from Burlington County NJ to Rochester NY.
Things are looking down for my arrival... again. I'll do everything in my power to bring Bandet64 and the rest of the beyflames, though.

EDIT: I can officially say that my chances of going have nearly been narrowed to none.
Hmm.. If firelord can't make it, and you want to hold it on saturday, go ahead, I'll still see about making it back to hang out on Sunday regardless.
(Jul. 15, 2009  3:06 PM)Spinster Wrote: Canadaquia.... do you mean Canandaigua?

Yeah, I've never had to actually right it down before =P

And now my mom's going to be going back there for some bar-party reunion thing from when she was a kid this week, so my family's up there every week but the 8th XD
So... Aside from Blue, is anyone else going to actually make it to this thing?
I'm not. I'm sorry.. I don't have the resources right now.
I might make it now, we may go to the corn fest on Sunday. It'd save me a hell of a lot of bus fare.
Hey! I am flexible on Saturday or Sunday on this; it's probably best to leave it Saturday since that's what it's been publicized.

I am 100% confirmed on it for either day, and so is Minion.

I have a couple of friends who have expressed some interest in playing; M and I will let them try it out on Friday night and see if we can grab them for the tourney. I'm sure we can get a couple, especially if it's the difference between making our minimum or not. How close are we to meeting regulation attendance?
(Jul. 24, 2009  4:55 PM)Xeno Wrote: Ok, that works. Thanks Minion for the map! Grin This should make things a bit easier. I just need to find a train that goes from Burlington County NJ to Rochester NY.

There is an Amtrak route from near you right to downtown Rochester.

Additionally, Megabus runs to Eastview Mall (not super close but reasonable) and Greyhound runs to right downtown. If you wind up taking a Greyhound up here, it wouldn't be hard to get you to Cobbs Hill Park from the station.
Booked bus yo! Ell I decided to return on sunday at 6:45pm.