Flower City Summit, Saturday, August 8th (Rochester, New York)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

FLOWER CITY SUMMIT
Saturday, August 8th
Cobbs Hill Park Reservoir

Online registration begins Monday, July 20th
On-site registration begins at noon on the day of the tournament. We will be located at the top of the staircase, at the entrance to the Reservoir, pictured here.

Tournament begins at 2:00 PM sharp and will continue until we have a winner.

Prizes

3rd Place
Aquario 105F
Wolf 125SF

2nd Place
Blue Beylauncher
Black Pegasis 100HF
Leone D125B

1st Place
Launcher Grip
Black Beylauncher
Virgo DF145BS
Libra 145S
Black 105
Black F

Those who stick around until the following day are welcome to join me in attending the Rochester branch of the Battle Striker's Turbo Tour. Times for this have not been announced yet.

Hope to see you all there!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

that's such a goddamn cool name

also EVERYONE GO TO THIS
I'll help if I'm here.
It is a little too far away for me. But I'm sure
that alot of the US Beybladers will come! Good
luck with this tourney guys. Joyful_2
Sounds like a good location, everyone better do their best to get there. Good Luck Spinster. Smile

And yeah, nice name. Joyful_3
Further details!

FCS will be held in the Cobb's Hill Park area of Rochester, by the local reservoir.
http://rocwiki.org/Cobbs_Hill_Park Images can be found here. Unless there's major issue with an event there, I'll be hosting the tourney in that monument-looking building at the top of the stairs in that first picture. For those of you traveling long distance, the park itself is a great place, with loads of trails and fields to spend time in. The tourney will most likely be on a Saturday, so for those of you making a weekend of it, there's plenty to do around here as well.
lol, so close to your house. Good choice though! That thing looks like it should be the entrance to something marvelous, not a boring old reservoir xP

I can more than likely come. I'm supposed to be in Roc. on the weekend of the 7th.
Another Summit XD

Cool though Spinster.
It's really too bad that NY and soon to be Fort Wayne are the only real blading scenes in the US.
Hopefully, that will change soon. You all know where I'm going with this.
thats a drive for me that i dont want to take unless i want to make money lol. man where are all the nyc events at
There are none, because a majority of NYC bladers are lazy sloths who won't get off their asses to go to a tournament. Or if they commit to one they bail out on the last minute.
(Jun. 10, 2009  8:21 PM)solshido Wrote: thats a drive for me that i dont want to take unless i want to make money lol. man where are all the nyc events at

There's a couple REALLY cheap buses that come out here from NYC. As I understand it, you can get a ticket for Megabus for $1 if you buy it at the right time. There's also a bus that comes in from Chinatown in the middle of the night right down the road from me. Anubis, Harclave and Deikailo used that to get back and forth from AN.
Update!

Flour City Summit is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 8th, sometime in the early afternoon.

As an added incentive for attending, FCS will be tied in to the local branch of the Battle Strikers Turbo Tour, which will be in Rochester the next day. I will be attending, and folks are more than welcome to stick around for a day and come with me to the event. I'm now working on developing the prize packages. Details should be up soon. Hope to see you all there!
Sounds really awesome. Grin Everyone who can go needs to go to this! Good luck guys. Joyful_3
Kai-V was planning on a tournament in Montreal the weekend before. I was going to take Evan to it. Since we're driving up, it might be fairly easy for us to just drop him off for this since I won't be able to make it.
My friends are throwing a party the night before, so I'm almost positive I can make it Smile

http://www.purerave.com/events/19362
if my freakin mom lets me off her leash maybe i can show up
(Jul. 01, 2009  12:26 AM)kenny Wrote: yo, what's up driger king?
A message board is not a chat room. If you wish to discuss this kind of thing with somebody, you can send them a private message, or get their email address.
Yes! This one is actually close to me! If any one is familiar with NJ, I live in Burlington County, so to get to Rochester, it will be a few hour drive. I will try my darndest to attend. Ever since I saw your and Brad's video, I wanted to meet you. The only hitch is that I have no MFBs to do the Tourney with XP. If there could be like a newbie beyblade giveaway, them I'm a sure-in.
I'll see what I can do in that regard. Currently, I'm saving up for the prizes for this (which haven't been selected or purchased yet). If it's not a huge issue, I wouldn't be terribly opposed to lending out some parts of mine, but I don't particularly want to be accused of favouritism, so might be a randomized selection like we did at BWR.
That will be fine ( But knowing my luck, it would matter a lot lol) I just have to worry about transportation cuz I mistook Rochester for another city and it turns out it will be about a 3 hour car ride at the least. I will have to touch base again later to confirm anything.
I would love to go even if I got owned, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to ride a train four hours from home w/o parents at my age, and I doubt they'd approve of it anyway =/
There's some pretty cheap motels down the road a ways from my house. They're within walking distance of where I'll be holding the tourney and as I understand it, they're prices really aren't that bad at all. I also have (limited) space in my living room, though priority for that goes to people I've met in person already, for obvious reasons.
Canadaquia.... do you mean Canandaigua?