Flick-String Launching Should Be Illegal

Notice: This post is a revamp of its original topic.

Originally, this post was made to ask if Flick launching was allowed. But after reading further into the instructions for modded launchers, I’ve changed my tune.

Flick launching is when you use your wrist and elbow to flick the string away, letting go of the string.

Because of the inherent risk of doing this action, I’d wager that it should be in the rules to ban this technique in case anyone else thinks of it.

For those who don’t know, letting go of the string will cause the string to get tangled-up when retracting into the launcher, skipping spins. The length of the string can also hit people around the launch zone, including the user. Lastly, this can crack the material on weaker launchers.
I’ve found that doing this is how I can personally get the strongest launch possible and prevent my launcher getting broken/damaged. I don’t think it’s a good idea to ban something that supposedly hurts someone’s own parts. Also nobody really stands that close to bladers while they are in the launching stage.
(Jan. 13, 2022  10:13 PM)gRuNg Wrote: Notice: This post is a revamp of its original topic.

Originally, this post was made to ask if Flick launching was allowed. But after reading further into the instructions for modded launchers, I’ve changed my tune.

Flick launching is when you use your wrist and elbow to flick the string away, letting go of the string.

Because of the inherent risk of doing this action, I’d wager that it should be in the rules to ban this technique in case anyone else thinks of it.

For those who don’t know, letting go of the string will cause the string to get tangled-up when retracting into the launcher, skipping spins. The length of the string can also hit people around the launch zone, including the user. Lastly, this can crack the material on weaker launchers.

Flick launching actually helps prevent damage to the inside mechanics of the launcher. it also allows you to follow through on your launching motion, instead of stopping your arm abruptly. furthermore, the tangle issues are very rare, and string recoil is easily fixable with gloves and/or a grip, on top of it not being an issue i’ve encountered much outside of a midfake launcher. another thing is that people who aren’t the judge or participants of the match aren’t supposed to be in the launch zone. finally, weaker launchers don’t have problems with this technique, they just struggle with heavier beyblades than they were intended to be used with, which is part of why we keep getting stronger launchers almost every season now.
I still dont quite how to do this launch, but from what's been written people aren't supposed to be in the launcher zone anyway and I dont think the launching will make peoples launchers go all the way across the midline to hit the other person. Sometimes people launch with different hands, for example even though im right handed I pull the launcher string with my left hand and it looks like most people do it the other way, so this could cause the strings to connect and become entangled. This happens rarely and when it does its not that hard to untangle it. Launchers have been getting upgraded not just in strength but in material as well so the tangling likely wont happen. If you compare the Dynamite Launchers smoothness to the sparking launchers which always got tangled that's a huge upgrade and it just shows launchers are becoming less likely to get tangled over time. I dont think you need to "ban" a style of launching especially when its really not a huge problem.
I personally suggest we just have machines launch the beyblades for us while we stand 10 metres away behind a blast shield in case someone gets hurt.
Nah, this is arguably the most insane thing I’ve seen today.
Please actually know what you’re talking about before suggesting a ban on something so common and harmless. It abides by the rules in any way you look at it, and it’s a technique I’ve used for quite some time now, both in casual and competitive play. If it’s a matter of not wanting to get hit with the launcher handle, I would seriously consider either using a ripcord launcher or finding a different hobby. While the latter suggestion may sound rude, I’m serious-it’s quite common for the launcher handle to come back and smack you during the retraction process.
There's nothing wrong with players using their legal equipment as they see fit, and we shouldn't be worrying about what are essentially self-policed issues. It doesn't affect the competitive integrity of a match in the same way illegal equipment does.
This person writes like they’ve made a previous post about this, but they’ve just started their account and this is their first post. Something seems off
I couldn't even begin to understand the post because it was a wall of text with no diagrams or pictures or examples. It was a delightful treat in its own way but it seemed a bit farfetched.
(Jan. 15, 2022  5:02 AM)Garishi Wrote: This person writes like they’ve made a previous post about this, but they’ve just started their account and this is their first post. Something seems off

Maybe they were planning to ask if it was illegal or not but changed ideas after reading further? That’s how I interpret the first part of the post.
For those that don't know about, or don't know to do the mentioned launch. (Starts at 1:34)
This was a known and recommended technique for years. While the potential (minor) injury is real, it can be mitigated and it's frankly not an issue.
To be honest if it’s not in the rules then it’s legal. And let the mods test it and if it should be banned . From my experience it actually helps get a stronger launch but you can injure yourself but it’s a rare chance unless your me.
(Jan. 16, 2022  10:37 PM)Ryuujin K Wrote:
For those that don't know about, or don't know to do the mentioned launch. (Starts at 1:34)
This was a known and recommended technique for years. While the potential (minor) injury is real, it can be mitigated and it's frankly not an issue.

It's almost certainly legal, it leaves no negative impacts on a match (unless the string hits a beyblade when retracting, in which case a player should call for a relaunch), and it doesn't give any unfair advantages. Heck, I'd argue that the use of this technique is why my MFB string launcher lasted for nearly ten years before the retraction spring snapped!
(Jan. 21, 2022  8:43 AM)BladerGem Wrote: It's almost certainly legal, it leaves no negative impacts on a match (unless the string hits a beyblade when retracting, in which case a player should call for a relaunch), and it doesn't give any unfair advantages. Heck, I'd argue that the use of this technique is why my MFB string launcher lasted for nearly ten years before the retraction spring snapped!

Case and point. My MFB launchers to this day held up because of this. (aside from their handles)
Even my original purple Beylauncher from the 2015 Wyvern starter holds up, handle and all.
(Jan. 21, 2022  11:41 AM)Ryuujin K Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2022  8:43 AM)BladerGem Wrote: It's almost certainly legal, it leaves no negative impacts on a match (unless the string hits a beyblade when retracting, in which case a player should call for a relaunch), and it doesn't give any unfair advantages. Heck, I'd argue that the use of this technique is why my MFB string launcher lasted for nearly ten years before the retraction spring snapped!

Case and point. My MFB launchers to this day held up because of this. (aside from their handles)
Even my original purple Beylauncher from the 2015 Wyvern starter holds up, handle and all.

Can confirm, the handle on my launcher broke long ago 😅
The launcher itself still functioned for long afterwards though!
(Jan. 15, 2022  3:23 AM)th!nk Wrote: I personally suggest we just have machines launch the beyblades for us while we stand 10 metres away behind a blast shield in case someone gets hurt.

Hey don't forget it has to be air sealed. Can't let anyone get choked on their own breath.