Facts about our Mods and other popular members! Kai-V, And others!(Read intro)

Poll: How you find this thread?

Interesting...secrets...Muah-Ha-ha!
80.42%
Okay... We don't want to know that much...
10.58%
Carpy! It's just irreverent and disgusting!
8.99%
Total: 100% 189 vote(s)
Sexuality is not disgusting or even remotely obscene, especially not for adults or in literature.

You seem to have an extraordinarily closed-off view of the world, even considering your age.
(Nov. 07, 2011  7:10 AM)powerangeryan Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2011  7:04 AM)Nano Wrote: I'm related to this crazy guy...

That was not funny Nano...
It's not suppose to be?

Anyways, he's my 6 times great uncle, from my dad's side of the family.
I'm also related to a couple senates/past senates.

(Nov. 07, 2011  7:36 AM)powerangeryan Wrote: How many times must they state 'sexual'(no offense) in an article??!!! But at least it was a good coincidence that the guy was from long island(long beard and... I best not say)

Grow up
That was so immature. Im actually laughing now.
I find it highly amusing that I am coming close to closing down this thread.

Seriously guys.

Here's a little thought. Before you post in this thread again, think, am I contributing to the purpose of this thread?
What is the purpose of this thread?

If you are posting simply to tell someone off or to reply to them, just use a private message.
I guess this question goes here:
Who is that person in Kai-V's avatar?

Seriously? That's so awesome!

I'm supposedly related to Sir Walter Raleigh, and may be related to Blackbeard. I find that first part really cool, as my city was named after him!
(Nov. 07, 2011  9:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Cove...#pid723612

Quite an interesting thread, that.

I wish I could start a movement ...
I wish I were capable of putting that many ideas and concepts into images, or anything for that matter. It's a rare talent.
Kai-V puts more thought into her avatars than most bomb technicians put into their jobs.

True story.
(Nov. 07, 2011  10:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2011  9:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Cove...#pid723612

Quite an interesting thread, that.

I wish I could start a movement ...

Another movement you mean? This one isn't too shabby, and it is certainly the work of more than just one certain someone... Smile

I worked at that crazy guy's birthplace for a year as a tour guide to get volunteer hours... Small world huh?
some more about me that i forgot to add

i am part Irish, British, Guatemalan, Native American, Mayan, and Viking
though some people say that i am named after Mozart, i am actually named after Eddie Van Halen's son.

also, i am supposedly am related to Sir Lancelot

(Nov. 08, 2011  3:09 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: some more about me that i forgot to add

i am part Irish, British, Guatemalan, Native American, Mayan, and Viking
though some people say that i am named after Mozart, i am actually named after Eddie Van Halen's son.

also, i am supposedly am related to Sir Lancelot
Your gene pool is brolic.
The german in my blood can be traced back to Hitler's distant family.

Godwin's Law.

That aside, I am mostly Scottish in descent, and have my family's Coat of Arms and such on my wall. The family plaid would be passed down to me, but I am estranged from that side of my family, so it is unlikely.
I'm 50% Syrian, 30% Polish, and then 20% all UK countries like Scotland, Ireland, Britain, etc.

I'm the great great grandon of a very famous Syrian president...Think he was president during the 19-teens. WWI? Think so, yeah.
(Nov. 08, 2011  6:11 AM)Hazel Wrote: The german in my blood can be traced back to Hitler's distant family.

Godwin's Law.

LOL.
heil Hazel!
Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles..........

Well if we're all of a sudden going into really way back heritage:
My great-great-great-great-great-great (could be a couple more/less greats) uncle was the secretary of state equivalent to Frederick the Great. My other lineage is some monarch of Sweden whom I have no information on other than my Grandmother was related to him in a distant way. I'd assume about as direct as myself and that secretary of state uncle of mine.

If we're going to split it down percentage-wise (if that is at all considered accurate)
I'd be:
62.5% German and then 12.5% Portuguese, 12.5% Spanish and 12.5% SHCOTTISH. Lips_sealed
Something that's not really a fact about me, but about someone I'm related to.

When my grandmother came from Italy to Canada, she befriended Michael Bublé's mom.

This was in like, 1951, so no, Michael Bublé wasn't born yet.

I think that's pretty cool. Sorry for it not being a direct fact about me though.
Whos's he?

I'm British, Scottish, Irish, Italian, Greek, direct-from-Spain Spanish, and Native American. I may also be linked to some German monarch.
(Nov. 09, 2011  1:26 AM)TITAN Wrote: Whos's he?

I'm British, Scottish, Irish, Italian, Greek, direct-from-Spain Spanish, and Native American. I may also be linked to some German monarch.

Famous singer.
(Nov. 08, 2011  4:45 PM)Sparta Wrote: I'm 50% Syrian, 30% Polish, and then 20% all UK countries like Scotland, Ireland, Britain, etc.

I'm the great great grandon of a very famous Syrian president...Think he was president during the 19-teens. WWI? Think so, yeah.

Polish people are awesome. As much as I make fun of them, they're awesome.
One of my best friends is Polish, hah.

I have bits of German, Polish, English, and probably lots more.
Supposedly I'm related to Lucrezia Borgia (noblewoman who was noted for not being particularly noble, specifically a rather unpleasant habit of poisoning people to further her and her husbands social, financial and political means), the corrupt Borgia Popes, and a Privateer (licensed pirate) crewmember on one of Francis Drakes ships, a Johnathan Skelton or something, who died in a swordfight over a woman.

Also Cornish ancestors who lured ships onto rocks to loot them and some other rather murky stuff that plays out awfully similar to an English version of Delivetance (basically minus banjos and with somehow worse dental hygiene).

Also may have had some rellies in Penzance around the right time period to possibly be related to the famed pirates.

Umm, red hair itself can be universally traced back to Scandinavian people, although mine would have largely come through Ireland/Scotland (I have blood from basically all of the UK/Ireland), on my fathers side anyway (there's ginger on both sides). I use this to legitimise filling out census forms with "norse pagan".

On my mothers side, I'm mainly dutch with a little German somewhere about 5-8 generations ago (though it is directly through the paternal line or w/e). My grandfather, who died of mesothelioma from crawling though asbestos rooves for Australia's telecom company (now Telstra) was a soldier in occupied Holland, and had some hair-raisingly close encounters with german troops (including one instance requiring cross dressing and another luckily having a stamp from the office of a german dignitary for some reason on one of his papers). Basically, the naxi's couldn't kill him, but Telstra did. I am often disappointed I never got to hear these tales told by the man himself, but such is life (and death).

Further back there are fisherman, sea rescue people (more than a few bravery awards there), and maybe a soccer player or two, though generally, most of my dutch rellies, including my grandfather, had quite a knack for it.

There ya go, should be plenty of juicy tidbits for potential identity thieves. Enjoy.

Yeah, my mother has taken great interest in family genealogy of late.
@th!nk- You sir, have the most interesting family history around this site (I am certain someone would jump up to prove me wrong by saying- "Hey no! I am related to _____......")
But at the same time, its kinda scary... You are related to people who poisoned others; pirates; and soldiers! Chocked
It is shocking! All of these (especially the latter two) are known to be rough-and-tough people... No wonder you scare members at times! Tongue_out
As for me, I do not have any such family histories to share... There's simply nothing interesting about it. Tongue_out
Heh, is it really such a surprise how mean I am after that? It's all genetic I swear.

Thing is IRL I come accross as timid, pleasant, and reserved, at least initially, and I generally am, I guess. I'm still the sort of person who stops to help someone who's dropped something or looks hurt. That said I'm also the person who walks calmly through groups of shady, violent looking individuals whilst my friends try to decide whether to do likewise or cross the road. I've a knack for diffusing otherwise tense situations, and maybe a little bit of a deathwish (although generally in broad daylight there's not that big a risk out here, and there's no real risk of someone pulling a gun), but generally I'm smart enough to avoid any really dangerous situations. Some people read it as naivete, though if anything it's the result of my more nihilistic side mixing with my generally idealistic beliefs.

Wow, that sounds egotistical and self-satisfied. It's all true though. Despite being scared of large arachnids and uneasy around bees, humans have always had surprisingly little effect on me :\
(Nov. 09, 2011  9:14 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: @th!nk- You sir, have the most interesting family history around this site (I am certain someone would jump up to prove me wrong by saying- "Hey no! I am related to _____......")

well the fact that i am supposed to be related to Sir Lancelot Tongue_out ...

at the moment i can't quite remember my family history. all that i remember is that my great, great, great grandpa (on my moms side) was knighted and giving a medal, as he was one of the best medics in the boer war (or something like that. i know he was knighted by the queen and was a medic in the war)