Face Contest: Design a new Beyblade series!

WHAT?!!?I worked on that for 5 years and ive finally perfected ot!Do i still get points?Angry
The Paint Series

I put off sketching my concept for way too long. I hope the series is easy to understand because not many things are different!

I haven't thought of a cool name for the series yet, so I'm just gonna call it "The Paint Series". I bet paint or some derivation of that word sounds cool in Japanese though XD

The Beyblades will be using the same tracks, bolts and tips from the original MFB series but the metal wheels and clear wheels will be modified a bit. The metal wheels will have a groove to fit in the "paint rings/bags/elastics" and the clear wheels will come in either attack or defense mode.

Defense & Attack - The Basics (Click to View)
The paint elastic bag things could be sold in bulk, with different colors. The paint is pre-loaded in the elastic and it is (unfortunately) a one-time use thing. The attack clear wheels are supposed to tear the opponent's elastic and the defense ones are supposed to protect yours from tearing.

This series is based more on the artistic result rather than competitive play (you could possible compete for who ends up with the coolest design though). The Beyblades (Bey-Paints??) battle in a stadium and whoever's paint starts leaking first is the loser. BUT! You don't stop there. You leave the Beyblades in the stadium until they stop spinning. The leaking paint, coming from a spinning top? Well, let me tell you, that will make one hell of a pattern on the stadium walls.

So that's why the stadiums will have a ridge to insert paper linings. Once the battle is over, you pull that out and tada! You have a pretty cool looking canvas.

You can apply the same strategies from the original series to this one to create different results in the design.

Rubber tips on both attack type Paint-Beys?? Might wanna see what that ends up looking like!

So yeah, kind of a fun thing to try/experiment with the capabilities of high-speed spinning tops Smile
My idea is a Gear like system simular like The gears Lewis1138 made but i made a real gear tip wich can be attaced

Storyline
A young Blader called Osumu Matawu was blading while his dad was going every week to a misteryous cave in a mountain he follows in in secret and found out that his dad is creating a illegal beyblade with the ultimate gear bottem the F:G Free Gear
(Dec. 30, 2013  8:53 PM)hadeskerbecs123 Wrote: My idea is a Gear like system simular like The gears Lewis1138 made but i made a real gear tip wich can be attaced

Storyline
A young Blader called osumu was blading while his dad was going every week to a misteryous cave in a mountain he follows in in secret and found out that his dad is creating a illegal beyblade with the ultimate gear bottem the F:G Free Gear
Please read the OP, it has the rules.
(Dec. 30, 2013  3:22 AM)evil emperor Wrote: WHAT?!!?I worked on that for 5 years and ive finally perfected ot!Do i still get points?Angry
There's no way you worked on that for five years. Beywarriors weren't even invented until this year.

Anyways, My photos should be up soon! Smile
oh hey look who hasn't designed something yet

OK, I guess I should stop putting it off and start drawing my examples haha.
Holy carp! Just realized I only have 1 more day to work on a design Gasp Hopefully I'll have enough time!
WHAT THE HELL?!? THERE'S ONLY ONE MORE DAY! Time to stay up late tonight! Grin
Sadly, it seems that I was not the only member going for the 'magnetic" concept with my entry. However, I hope that it has enough original ideas in it so that I still have a chance at this thing.

Parts
SO I call my idea the Magnet Disc System(MDS). All Beys in the MDS are dual rotating. The Beys parts are as follows:

Upper Plastic Disc(UPD): The uppermost part of the Bey, its main function is to serve as the point where launcher prongs and Positive Disc Pins go in.

Positive Disc Pins
: Each Bey has three small, screw-like pins that fit into respective spots on the UPD. They create a magnetic pull with the Negative Disc Pins on the Beys base, which holds the Bey together.

Metal Disc: The Beys main contact point is composed of two parts, the Polarity Disc and the Metal Ring.
Polarity Disc: This is a very important part of the Bey that determines the Beys polarity and weight depending on which of 5 different discs you use. Each single Bey is only sold with one, but they can all be collected. They are as follows: Positive, Negative, Neutral, Plastic and Heavy Metal.
Positive discs are the most common, and come packaged with most defense and stamina types. Negative discs come with most attack types, so that the Bey will "follow" other Beys using a Positive disc. Neutral discs are most common in Balance type Beys. They carry no magnetic charge and are the most susceptible to physical attacks instead of magnetic attacks(I get to that later). Plastic Discs are one of the rarest discs, and appear only in a few strong Stamina types. They carry no charge and are made of plastic, greatly increasing a Beys stamina. Heavy Metal discs are the rarest ones, and only come packaged by themselves, much like the Metal Faces of the MFB series.
Metal Ring: This is the true main contact point of the Bey. There are several different designs, each performing best for either attack, defense, stamina, or more than one of these. The Polarity Disc locks in place in the center of the ring.

Base: This part of the Bey serves as a secondary contact point and screws into the Track. It also holds the Negative Disc Pins, which attract the Positive Disc Pins and hold the Bey together. Some are made of metal and some of plastic, depending on which part.

Track: The same kind of track that originated in the MFB series, but this series features new and interesting designs that may complement the new element of magnetism.

Bottom: The same kind of bottom that originated in the MFB series, but this series also features new and interesting bottom designs that can complement the new element of magnetism.

Concept and Gameplay
So my idea for this was that battles now not only depend on your opponents strength, skill, and usefulness of parts, but also what magnetic charge it carries. It can also effect how the Beys battle. For example, if a positive and negative Bey are battling, it will be an immediate battle of Bey strength and launching strategy until one falls apart, sleeps out, or is knocked out of the stadium. If the two Beys are both positive, however, they will avoid each other and push each other away until one falls apart, sleeps out, or is pushed out of the stadium. This my idea of a "magnetic attack", when a Bey "hits" the other away through magnetic difference.

There are different ways to win. One is to knock the opponent out of the stadium, whether by magnetic or physical attacks. Another is to either hit or push the Bey out of the stadium. Finally is the most interesting one. The Disc Pins hold the Bey together purely through magnetic friction. However, with enough force, this attraction can be overcome, resulting in the Bey losing its UPD and Metal Ring. If this happens, the Bey that falls apart loses.

The Bey's naming system works in this fashion:
Metal Ring: Usually an adjective.
Base: Usually a form of warrior.
UPD: Usually an animal or a beast.
Track and Bottom: (ex) 230WD
Magnetic Charge/Type of Core: Comes after the Track and Bottom in parenthesis, and is displayed as one of the following: +(Positive), -(Negative), N(Neutral), P(Plastic), and H(Heavy). An example is 230WD(P).

Now for the images:
This is a image depiction of the concept:
http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/Toonst...e.jpg.html

http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/Toonst...sort=3&o=0

And these are the two Beys:
http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/Toonst...sort=3&o=2

http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/Toonst...sort=3&o=3

Welp, that just about does it. Hope you guys like this idea, and hope it was original enough.
''Beyblade: Move Spinners''

Why is this different?: There are reasons. I'm guessing most of you could tell by reading the name the name ''Beyblade: Move Spinners''
That something other than the top spins. The big change is the tracks! Tracks make a huge different during battle! the track will be able to move sideways, While the beyblade follows the piece, Dodging the opponents top. This will also be able to do a slight Free Spin (Like F230) Before the end of the battle. But trust me, It wont be a game killer like F230. Also, Most of you know how the clear wheel determines the spin direction, Right? The cool thing about this series is, These beyblades will change spin direction during the battle. These tops start off by right spin, and when there is very little power left, The beyblade will change to spin to the left, Just to spin steal. Also, there will be a new kind of face! The Brick Face!
A little more information about the series:
Brick Face: This brick face, will be square shaped. I thought about it for a while, and decided, It be cool to have a new shape! Also, of course there will be Metal Faces! They will be called Metal Brick Faces (MBF). There will be, MBF-L, MBF-H, MBF-M, And last but not least MBF-F!

Clear Wheel: Same as original. Also, It will be able to change spin direction during battle.

Metal Wheel: Same as original, But different designs.

Track: Tracks will be able to move sideways, while the beyblade follows it! It will also pull of a slight Free Spin at the end of the battle.

Tips: Optional. Mainly will be from other series, Or the very few new ones, which will be posted in the photos. ]

In conclusion, I guess that's it! Feel free to tell me my strengths and weaknesses while looking at this. Photo's will be up in like an hour. I'm hoping for some positive feedback Smile

Photos! http://imgur.com/a/bqDmU
UGottaCetus, could you just upload those pictures again, without deleting the current Photobucket links, to another image-hosting website like ImageShack.us ? I have problems viewing pictures on Photobucket in their original size.
@MidnightLWBO I thought your first entry was your only one? No adding or taking?
(Dec. 31, 2013  2:35 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: @MidnightLWBO I thought your first entry was your only one? No adding or taking?
Where's my first entry?
(Dec. 31, 2013  2:35 AM)MidnightLWBO Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2013  2:35 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: @MidnightLWBO I thought your first entry was your only one? No adding or taking?
Where's my first entry?

The one u just posted. I thought u couldn't add stuff (pictures in this case) to it after you posted it.
MidnightLWBO, don't you need pictures of your system?
(Dec. 31, 2013  2:37 AM)Galaxy Blade Wrote: MidnightLWBO, don't you need pictures of your system?
I'm finishing it off. I'll add them to my first post soon.
I just added the photos to my first post! Smile
Well I couldn't miss out on entering so my posting hiatus must come to a temporary hold. My system is based on the premise that Earth started spinning freely on its axis and pushed all the continents together. I bring you, Beyblade United:
[Image: meowpower_zps363ce63c.jpg]
Reverting to a a more classic top style, all the parts are attached to a central rod called the spinner that comes in varying heights.

Giving the beyblade the majority of its weight comes the muscle wheel which also serves as the top locking piece. The muscle wheel has the heaviest part of it distributed to where it is not blue.

Giving the beyblade its type advantage comes a free-spinning battle wheel (think plastic sub-ars).

Preventing it all from falling down is the locking wheel that twists into place on the bottom of the battle wheel.

And finally, what gives the top its movement is the path tip.

All path tips, battle wheels, locking wheels, and spinners are entirely plastic. The only metal in the beys is the colored section of the muscle wheel.

With total weights around 35 grams, Beyblade United brings back the shorter, intenser battles of plastics while adding a new element of the solo contact point being the free-spinning wheel. This greatly reduces attack power, but on entirely plastic bottoms defense would otherwise be a liability.

If you hadn't noticed, parts of each type are color-coded to allow for quick and easy identification (screw you, identical chrome wheels).

The Naming System: Path Tip- Spinner Muscle Wheel Battle Wheel

The Attack Bey: WR-Medium Central Astral (WR= Wide Rectangle)

The Stamina Bey: MP-Low Distributed Cosmos (MP= Minute Point)

The Defense Bey: BB- Low Middle Galaxy (BB= Bouncy Ball)

The Launcher: String with sturdy red nylon and launcher rubber pre-installed

The Bottom

The Top

The Stadium: Based on the self-righting gomboc, this incorporates zero-g sway, but instead of having pockets, it is entirely bowl shaped.
Example Battle GIF: (3-way battle for the heck of it)

(Dec. 31, 2013  6:29 AM)Time Wrote: Well I couldn't miss out on entering so my posting hiatus must come to a temporary hold. My system is based on the premise that Earth started spinning freely on its axis and pushed all the continents together. I bring you, Beyblade United:
[Image: meowpower_zps363ce63c.jpg]
Reverting to a a more classic top style, all the parts are attached to a central rod called the spinner that comes in varying heights.

Giving the beyblade the majority of its weight comes the muscle wheel which also serves as the top locking piece. The muscle wheel has the heaviest part of it distributed to where it is not blue.

Giving the beyblade its type advantage comes a free-spinning battle wheel (think plastic sub-ars).

Preventing it all from falling down is the locking wheel that twists into place on the bottom of the battle wheel.

And finally, what gives the top its movement is the path tip.

All path tips, battle wheels, locking wheels, and spinners are entirely plastic. The only metal in the beys is the colored section of the muscle wheel.

With total weights around 35 grams, Beyblade United brings back the shorter, intenser battles of plastics while adding a new element of the solo contact point being the free-spinning wheel. This greatly reduces attack power, but on entirely plastic bottoms defense would otherwise be a liability.

If you hadn't noticed, parts of each type are color-coded to allow for quick and easy identification (screw you, identical chrome wheels).

The Naming System: Path Tip- Spinner Muscle Wheel Battle Wheel

The Attack Bey: WR-Medium Central Astral (WP= Wide Rectangle)

The Stamina Bey: MP-Low Distributed Cosmos (MP= Minute Point)

The Defense Bey: BB- Low Middle Galaxy (BB= Bouncy Ball)

The Launcher: String with sturdy red nylon and launcher rubber pre-installed

The Bottom

The Top
Great entry, time! I feel like you have a good chance of winning! Smile
(Dec. 31, 2013  6:29 AM)Time Wrote:

Ah cool. Great entry haha. Good luck!
OK so i got this from two different lines of tops....
those pictures look so real, fantastic 3d-perspective. Totally amazing!
(Dec. 31, 2013  2:07 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: OK so i got this from two different lines of tops....
Damn, Those are amazing! I can't wait too see the results! Smile
(Dec. 31, 2013  2:07 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: OK so i got this from two different lines of tops....
*snip*
Those are amazing designs ashton. Did you hand-draw them or did you use some software? If you hand-drew them I'll make sure to learn it from you the next time we meet.
thanks!
it is kinda something like carbon copy i guess ....
EDIT:
(Dec. 31, 2013  3:20 PM)Justaway Wrote:
*snip*
Those are amazing designs ashton. Did you hand-draw them or did you use some software? If you hand-drew them I'll make sure to learn it from you the next time we meet.

lol... didnt see your post....