Face Contest: Design a Zero-G Cerberus Beyblade!

WBO celebrations have become an obligatory synonym to Face Contests, so it's time for a new one!

We want you to design a Zero-G Beyblade based on a cerberus, in honour of the Burning Kerberous in the Beywiki logo! Sounds exciting, right? And if you're interested in the origins of the logo, and essentially, this entire community, check out this blast from the past. It might just be the spark you need to get started on your design! The winners will get their choice of:
How mysterious! I wonder what could be inside of them?

And yes, that's right, winners. Not one, not two, but three people will win Face Boosters! How cool!

But to make this even more exciting, the top winner will also get two Beyblades: an actual Burning Kerberous, plus a Zero-G Beyblade of their choice!!

Without further ado, here are some of the criteria your entry will be graded on:
  • Artistry: Obviously, someone who hand draws their Beyblade for several hours is going to be taken more seriously than someone who quickly puts something together in MS Paint or Photoshop. That being said, we understand that not everyone has the same artistic ability. Effort is what's important!
  • Originality: Try to think outside of the box and use ideas that haven't been used in Beyblade yet!
  • Balance: If you think making a Beyblade with a perfectly circular Wheel that weighs 50 grams with a sextuplet bearing Track and polished metal sharp Bottom is going to win you this, think again. While we don't want to see junk Beyblades, we also don't want them overpowered. Think as if it was to be real; you don't want to break the game!

And now for the rules:
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered, so work hard on it!
  • The WBO Committee isn't eligible, as usual.
  • You have until December 22nd 2012 11:59:59 PM EST to do it. Any entries after that will be eliminated!
  • Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever in this thread as well!)

The cerberus is a fierce beast, so channel your inner lion and Go... Draw!
To little time for me, LOL. Great though!
Awesome! I can't draw but I still wanna try and win! Thanks Kai-V and committee!
For the prize, does it really mean that you can get any Zero-G Beyblade (Including limited editions like Saramanda Ifraid, Gold DKD, and Gryph Dragooon) or just those in the toyline from BBG-01 to current BBG-27?
Whoa, I can draw, but I can't draw a Beyblade! I'll be entering just for the fun of it, though Smile
(Dec. 04, 2012  11:58 PM)BH145WD Wrote: For the prize, does it really mean that you can get any Zero-G Beyblade (Including limited editions like Saramanda Ifraid, Gold DKD, and Gryph Dragooon) or just those in the toyline from BBG-01 to current BBG-27?

Just those in the toyline. We've already spent too much on the new 3rd Wave of Blader Rewards, and all of the other giveaways we've had lately haha.
This could be an obvious question, but it is also hypothetical. If someone won and chose for their Zero-G Bey to be Thief Phoenic/Archer Gargole/Bandid Genbull, would they get a confirmed RB, an unconfirmed RB, or the Sonokong starter?
Needless to say, I will be entering this contest!
I'll enter even though I'm not very good at drawing.
i'll enter
I'll enter
First one for me
Come on skills
Don't fail me now
(Dec. 05, 2012  1:20 AM)Wombat Wrote: This could be an obvious question, but it is also hypothetical. If someone won and chose for their Zero-G Bey to be Thief Phoenic/Archer Gargole/Bandid Genbull, would they get a confirmed RB, an unconfirmed RB, or the Sonokong starter?
Needless to say, I will be entering this contest!

If SonoKong has released the Beyblade as a Starter, we would probably go for it more.
I'm joining this, one question though,

Do we just need to draw the beyblade from the plastic generation, can we add a background, or anything that would make it better?
...Reading the first post usually helps in understanding what you're doing before you post.

Hell, even the title answers your question.
(Dec. 05, 2012  2:22 AM)kaihiwatari5673 Wrote: I'm joining this, one question though,

Do we just need to draw the beyblade from the plastic generation, can we add a background, or anything that would make it better?

... It has to be a Zero-G Cerberus-themed Beyblade. Obviously you cannot just copy Burning Kerberous. I thought this was clear from both the title and the details in the first post.
Ooh! I'm going to need lots of paper, and pencils, and paper....
Yeah, I said paper twice.
I think I might try my (Shaky) Hand at this. So, there is a possibility to get a bahamdia?
Like it says, any Zero-G beyblade of your choice.
Yeah, I'm totally in. In fact, I'm going to start drawing RIGHT. NOW.
This is cool. Although, my scanner is broken and I will have to take a picture of my entry Tired
(Dec. 05, 2012  2:37 AM)Tri Wrote: This is cool. Although, my scanner is broken and I will have to take a picture of my entry Tired

It does not make your entry worse, do not worry.
This reminds me I really need to get BK's article up to scratch so it's not full of misinformation...

Anyway, a neat contest. I have a couple of ideas for it if I have time to enter.
Seeing as I'm nice, here's some relevant info on BK in case I don't update the article in time (my draft is nearly done so it shouldn't be too long):

Each head represents a different type of attack, the Wolborg head (somewhat based on Wolborg 2's Upper Wolf) uses Upper Attack, the Flash Leopard wing, based on Flash Leopard 2's Panther Head AR, is labelled "Smash Attack" and uses both regular Smash Attack and Force Smash. Both of those wings are angled and shaped similarly to Triple Wing which makes them quite effective, albeit not as effective as that AR. The last wing, based on Voltaic Ape (though bearing little similarity to mountain hammer other than the head design) is what makes the AR unique, though this isn't necessarily a good thing - its spike attack, a thick contact point covered in lines to focus pressure, results in a lot of power (which allows it to compete with Triple Wing), but also a lot of recoil. As a whole, the Attack Ring is not considered a Top Tier choice but is still very much underrated, especially with good customization, and is a lot of fun to use.

The SP are pretty much the only completely useless SP, and a total waste of a release, they cause sizeable recoil and do very little to opponents

The Base is great, having excellent LAD (probably the third best of the plastics gen when used with Defense Ring) and good aerodynamics, but only works with a few shafts, and must compete strongly with the almost always superior Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2) for a spot on most combos. It can be used with Wolborg 2's Casings and Ariel 2's Shaft, though again it competes with Wolborg 1 (lighter) and Wolborg 2 (better LAD) for this, though its ability to use Support parts is more helpful to it here. It can also be used, alongside dranzer s's casings, to fix wolborg 2's shaft in place for an extremely fast albeit somewhat hard to use and rather short-aggression-time attack base, as well as with Driger F's shaft, though Wolborg 2's base is better for that.
Still, where it can be used for survival it is almost always a better choice than the more famous Customize Grip Base.

The SG is arguably the most important part - the Neo SG (Double Bearing Version) casings allowing the use of two Bearings (it comes with one metal and one shielded ball bearing) with compatible shafts, though the only ones that work are Burning Kerberous' own shaft and that of Wolborg 2 - and it is the best choice for both. In the latter case it provides defensive zombies with greatly improved stamina and spin stealing, as well as slightly better ability to absorb hits from opposite spin opponents, versus Wolborg 2's own casings.
In the case of the former, BK's shaft has a Change-Style tip (allowing aggressive or passive movement with correct launching) which results in excellent stability - meaning despite having less pure stamina than other options it is by far the most reliable stamina zombie tip (particularly because it has a much better chance against Circle Survivor Defense (AKA Wolborg 4 combos) due to that stability), and this works well with the additional stamina etc offered by two bearings, and the fact that the shape of the shaft makes it incompatible with every other set of casings seals the deal.

I think that covers everything performance wise, anyway, though this is all off the top of my head.
This sounds like a lot of fun. I defiantly want to enter this one! It's gonna be fun to see what everyone comes up with.
wow, this is a great opportunity for me and to others as well. why not i try this out. I'm in. Smile
Im in.