Face Contest: Design Storm Spriggan!

hey beygabe, your design is EPIC! but i still hope i win! ha ha!
Sorry for minimodding, but @[spriggan10], please don't double post unless its been a while and its important. And at the other post, try to post about things related to the thread.

I'm working on my design, but I'm having issues with drawing symmetrically, will that be an issue?
(Feb. 28, 2016  1:04 AM)spriggan10 Wrote: hey beygabe, your design is EPIC! but i still hope i win! ha ha!

Thanks! Although my design is more detailed, I think yours might have a better chance at winning, because I kinda thought for a while that the shape would change from two axes on the layer to four, but in any case, good luck!
(Feb. 28, 2016  1:44 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: I'm working on my design, but I'm having issues with drawing symmetrically, will that be an issue?

As with other face contests, you won't be discriminated against for bad drawing skills. And as long as we get the idea of your design, it doesn't matter how good it looks.
http://i.imgur.com/AIE01nq.jpg
Posted the picture without my name, but at least it's on time!
(Mar. 04, 2016  5:54 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/AIE01nq.jpg
Posted the picture without my name, but at least it's on time!

Oh dang! Thats an easy win! Forgot the contest ends tomorrow, lol, Good luck
Darn, I spent so long working on my design that I won't be able to get it in on time. The general principle though was that, while the heads carry the weight, the 2 clear bumps on each side of Spriggan were also significant contact points. In my plan, these became the logs often seen protruding from the head or hair of the mythical creature and featured in a roller-like shape by appearing as cross sections.
To further tie these in thematically, each one was to be imprinted with two concentric circles. On a tree, this would mean it had been cut after two years but, on my Spriggan, it was to denote this being the dual layer version. The second Spriggan.

It was a very different take on how the bey would evolve and I do not expect it to be one that TT would have used but I don't feel prediction is my strong suit in these contests. I prefer to inject a dose of new inspiration and am gutted that I couldn't do so this time.
(Mar. 04, 2016  6:57 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Darn, I spent so long working on my design that I won't be able to get it in on time. The general principle though was that, while the heads carry the weight, the 2 clear bumps on each side of Spriggan were also significant contact points. In my plan, these became the logs often seen protruding from the head or hair of the mythical creature and featured in a roller-like shape by appearing as cross sections.
To further tie these in thematically, each one was to be imprinted with two concentric circles. On a tree, this would mean it had been cut after two years but, on my Spriggan, it was to denote this being the dual layer version. The second Spriggan.

It was a very different take on how the bey would evolve and I do not expect it to be one that TT would have used but I don't feel prediction is my strong suit in these contests. I prefer to inject a dose of new inspiration and am gutted that I couldn't do so this time.

Do you have a draft at all? Your design sounds interesting, it would be cool to see it.
Here is my try. That damn plastic cover...
[Image: Qsdm4PX.jpg]
(Mar. 04, 2016  9:26 PM)SCARlet Wrote: Here is my try. That damn plastic cover...
[Image: Qsdm4PX.jpg]

DAMNIT SCARLET! You and your visually pleasing tricks!
(Mar. 04, 2016  7:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2016  6:57 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: The general principle though was that, while the heads carry the weight, the 2 clear bumps on each side of Spriggan were also significant contact points. In my plan, these became the logs often seen protruding from the head or hair of the mythical creature and featured in a roller-like shape by appearing as cross sections.

Do you have a draft at all? Your design sounds interesting, it would be cool to see it.

I agree, this sounds awesome. All the entries are looking awesome guys! We oughta take bets on who we think will win.
I was going to do more with this, but stuff happened and I got distracted with other things Tongue_out

Here's what I've got:
[Image: IVlZmaY.png]

I was going for a "Spriggan but bigger and redder" feel.
That is definitely just the red plastic being stretched hahah.
Ok, here's a rough work in progress as requested. I feel it was cooler in concept though and am still far from happy with what I have. Also, it doesn't line up with a rotation of itself, which is annoying.

(Mar. 05, 2016  2:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: That is definitely just the red plastic being stretched hahah.

Exactly XD

I was trying to keep close to the original, but by the time I was done I realized it was pretty much exactly the same as regular Spriggan Tongue_out
when will the winner be announced?
(Mar. 05, 2016  3:47 PM)spriggan10 Wrote: when will the winner be announced?
a while after that an official picture of S Spriggan appear on internet
probably the 1st Official picture will be in the next Corocoro Comic on 3/15
Well, we finally have the official design for Storm Spriggan! You can see the picture right here:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-35-St...pid1315949
(Keep all comments on Storm Spriggan in that thread; here, you should only discuss which entry is closest to it.)

I will personally be busy most of the day, so I leave you to compare all the designs! If someone could create a compilation of all the entries and the final design all close to one another, that would really help.
I believe that scarlet has taken a win.
(Mar. 14, 2016  12:13 PM)Chimera Wrote: For reference's sake, have a gigantic stack of all the entries Tongue_out

I think I got everybody, but do give me a shout if I missed ya

Awesome, thank you for doing that, that is exactly what I had asked for a few days ago hah.

Hm, so nobody got the transparent wings right next to the red ones right, so it looks like the competition is between Chimera and SCARlet?
While I prefer Chimera's entry, SCARlet's is has the bumps, the clear coated wings and the red wings all right, only with both wing sets fused and no red inside the bumps. I personally think it's closest.