Face Contest: Design Storm Spriggan!

Chimera's entry clearly shows the main red wings outside the clear layer, but the 2nd red wings under the clear wings and the clear wings are missing

SCARlet's entry is quite a modified Storm layer which he removed a bit of the clear layer
the red parts outside the clear layer do not really look to be a wing but just the contour of the bey without clear layer on it

both design are really nice, but both of them are missing something to make it the real winner.

So if I was the one that had to give the prize for it, I would just give it to both of them coz their entries are quite similar to SS but missing something to make it the real winner.

(Mar. 14, 2016  4:45 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: While I prefer Chimera's entry, SCARlet's is has the bumps, the clear coated wings and the red wings all right, only with both wing sets fused and no red inside the bumps. I personally think it's closest.
My design had 4 clock wise facing wings like on the real Storm Spriggan.
(Mar. 14, 2016  8:25 PM)Zera Wrote: My design had 4 clock wise facing wings like on the real Storm Spriggan.

Your entry has more differences to Storm Spriggan than similarities.

(Mar. 14, 2016  8:28 PM)FBL_tournaments Wrote: hmmm why I am not listed? Unhappy

I do not know where you were not listed, but unfortunately your entry is too different to the real Storm Spriggan anyway, in the end.
(Mar. 14, 2016  8:28 PM)FBL_tournaments Wrote: hmmm why I am not listed? Unhappy

Oh man, I'm so sorry, I must have missed you when I did this! >.>
looks like the driver is a cs, as i predicted. wonder if i get anything for that.
I think Scarlet is pretty close; but apart from being pretty similar to Chimera's entry, Scarlet's design is also missing the new design-vibe of the red plastic fully encircling the bey. In that sense, Chimera's is closer. But then, Chimera has not addressed the new clear-plastic wing design like Scarlet has. So they seem pretty equal to me.

(Mar. 14, 2016  5:45 PM)Swagman2106 Wrote: I really like earthwolf for design

I also have to give a shout out to earthwolf and beygabe's designs - which are ultimately pretty similar. Both designs address a key design feature I feel is missing from Scarlet and Chimera's entries. I'm talking about all the little extra spikey protrusions all over the new SS. You can see it has heaps of extra little spikey bits all over it in one form or another. The earthwolf and beygabe designs address this directly; nobody else does, far as I can tell. I think "little spikey bits" is going to be the flavour of Spriggan from now on - so I consider this to be a pretty major consideration in chosing a winner.
(Mar. 14, 2016  11:38 PM)Beylon Wrote: I think Scarlet is pretty close; but apart from being pretty similar to Chimera's entry, Scarlet's design is also missing the new design-vibe of the red plastic fully encircling the bey. In that sense, Chimera's is closer. But then, Chimera has not addressed the new clear-plastic wing design like Scarlet has. So they seem pretty equal to me.

I also have to give a shout out to earthwolf and beygabe's designs - which are ultimately pretty similar. Both designs address a key design feature I feel is missing from Scarlet and Chimera's entries. I'm talking about all the little extra spikey protrusions all over the new SS. You can see it has heaps of extra little spikey bits all over it in one form or another. The earthwolf and beygabe designs address this directly; nobody else does, far as I can tell. I think "little spikey bits" is going to be the flavour of Spriggan from now on - so I consider this to be a pretty major consideration in chosing a winner.
Thanks for the shout out Smile

In my entry, the driver was "core", and it was supposed to be a CS sort of tip just like it has been revealed to actually be 0_o
(Mar. 14, 2016  11:43 PM)BeyGabe Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2016  11:38 PM)Beylon Wrote: I think Scarlet is pretty close; but apart from being pretty similar to Chimera's entry, Scarlet's design is also missing the new design-vibe of the red plastic fully encircling the bey. In that sense, Chimera's is closer. But then, Chimera has not addressed the new clear-plastic wing design like Scarlet has. So they seem pretty equal to me.

Thanks for the shout out Smile

In my entry, the driver was "core", and it was supposed to be a CS sort of tip just like it has been revealed to actually be 0_o

Thankyou guys, it means a lot to me that you like my prediction. I'm just glad to finally participate in one of these.

And I also have to applaud beygabe's work, It took inspiration from Spriggan and Zero-G chrome wheels, and the outcome is marvelous. You even got the decal colors right.

Chimera, you kept it close to the original, but spiced it just enough to make it close.

And SCARlet, it's like you reached into the future, but it got smoothed out going back in time.

Really, congrats to everyone that participated, I wish we all could win.
I. WANT. WIN. NOW.
(Feb. 11, 2016  9:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Essentially, the person whose design resembles TAKARA-TOMY's final product the most will naturally be declared the winner.

By that qualification, my vote goes to SCARlett's entry. Had Chimera's wings been slightly smaller, it would have been a toss up in my opinion. Regardless, great job, everyone! I really enjoyed looking at all of your entries, so many of you guys are very skilled artists!

Thank you, committee members, for setting up this awesome contest!
My vote goes to Chimera. He got it almost spot on, even though the axes were a bit too big, the overall design is very reminiscent of the real thing. I do have to give credit to SCARlet, because his design is still good. Actually, to everyone who participated, good job Smile
Man, so even you guys hesitate between those two hahah. Hm, what fate did the BeyGods draw ahead of us...
i believe that scarlet should take the win. he more accurately showed the design's clear plastic cover, and looks a lot closer imo.
Was beyond last post photoshopped/ graphic design cos dat could change d whole game. Otherwise my votes to scarlet
(Mar. 17, 2016  6:44 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote: Was beyond last post photoshopped/ graphic design cos dat could change d whole game. Otherwise my votes to scarlet

It was shopped, yes. Just a joke. Carry on, everyone.