FACE CONTEST: Design a BeyStadium!

Looks good, I prefer the blue one ...
....Wouldn't that still need batteries to run?
It's a kool idea, though.
i believe it is possible without batteries. and even if it required battries! no problem. buy some Wink
Pinball type mechanism?
I suppose Giga's right. You could do something like that. Anyway, the idea is pretty kool. =)
Oh. I like your ideas Pegasis Wink Your very creative Smile
heres my entry: the Trap Stadium.

Possible stadium specific rules that would change gameplay:
1. Entering the trap is equivalent to a ring out. (this would make this stadium an attack type only stadium... which wouldnt be to fun... but for an extra challenge in a v. a matches XD)
-or-
2. Entering the trap is not equivalent to a ring out.

also on a side note... i wasnt sure if in a defense/endurance type vs. an attack type in this stadium, if when the attack finally reaches the trap if an attack from above would affect which blade more... like would the track/base of the blade be hit by the ar/wheel of the defense blade and k.o itself or would the attack blade push down on the defense blades ar/wheel making it hit the trap's floor and k.o.?
if u can answer that thatd be cool... i wont change my post or anything i was just wondering what u guys thought... Grin
(i think the defense blade would k.o. the attack blade more times than not...)

[also... imagine all lines are smooth XD. its my first time using GIMP and so yea... haha]
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Is there anything special in 'the trap', like rough ground or something? Otherwise this seems aimed at defensive/endurance blades. Even though I don't think that's what you meant for it to do.....
well... i had two ideas for this...
1. the original idea was that the bottom of the trap was like non-existent... that would mean that where u battled would affect gameplay as well. (if you battled on a wood floor or a table top, it would have a flat smooth surface. if you battle on a carpet the blade would quickly loose rpm and stop spinning.)
2. the second idea was that the bottom of the trap was closed... like it was made out of the plastic that the rest of the stadium was made out of... it would be flat and smooth... like battling on a table or floor in the first idea except w/o any imperfections...

i decided on the second idea because tho i liked the first idea more... it could damage the blades... thus making them illegal (after a while of blading on a rough surface if they did so) cuz of the rule of excessive wear from non beyblade stuff...

if i could go back... it would be a two piece set... the stadium in idea 1... and then an optional cap like thing that would be placed under the stadium and would fit the hole of the trap... this would make bladers who are a bit more reckless and the not so reckless bladers happy cuz the reckless ones could do what they wanted... and the not reckless ones would probably use the cap to keep their blades safe. also from a marketing standpoint... however evil it may be... if u have people blading w/o the cap and on some kinda rough surface, they would eventually have to get new parts cuz of the wear... (i dont support this... and it just occured to me... so dont hate me...) but it might also make people hate the stadium... haha

if the attack blader used sliding shoot... they could possibly catch the defense blade with enough force to knock them out of the stadium... or at least the trap for a little while making the defense blade start out in the trap with less spin than the attack blade (maybe... this is all hypothetical and it makes sense to me... so correct me if im wrong)
Surely sliding shoot wouldn't work because of the trap and any defense/endurance blades would go straight into the trap and wait their until they outspin their opponent? D:

I guess it would be interesting with two blades of the same type though. Hmm, at first I thought this was a bit odd but I like it now - most of the time you try to use the opposite blade to your opponents but here I guess you'd go for a compact or a strong defence blade. Still, if two people go for defense blades and they're in an enclosed space, it might be hard to tell who wins as they'd stop pretty abruptly and would be quite close together. I guess it depends on the size of 'the trap'. Joyful_3
wolborg 2s shaft would ow in there. As would most rubber tips.
i said sliding shoot cuz i figured that that blade would either beat the defense blade into the trap or would hit the defensive blade with enough force to mess it up in one way or another... be it making it hit the sides of the trap, or knocking it out of the trap... also, dont forget about the possible special rules... if this stadium does end up making defensive v. attack matches highly favor defensive blades... then the bladers could agree to implement the trap = ring out rule...

two blades of the same type matches would be much more heated/exciting battles... even with two defensive blades... whoever got into the trap first would seem to have the advantage but with the higher weight to compact and defense blades, the nontrap blade might be able to push the ar/wheel down into the floor of the trap... and then with the attack blades... theyd have less space to go (by just a little bit) and when they went into the trap... tho theyd move around the trap EXTREMELY fast... they would loose a tremendous amount of spin cuz of the like constant wall hits

i realize the dimension of the trap are undefined... i imagined it being slightly larger in circumference that that of most beyblades obviously... maybe like 1/2 an inch larger i dont really know... but also... the hight seems more important at the moment... because if its too small then the trapped blade's ar/wheel will be able to directly attack the track/base of the other beyblade and if its too high... well i dont really see a downside to it atm... except for frequent wall hits...
here is my design, i spent alot of time making this up, too bad i can't draw too well, i tried describing it as accurately as possible, =D. hope i can finally get my first beyblade by winning this contest. Good luck to everyone else who entered!!
SkyScraper BeyStadium
You don't win Beyblades in this contest ...

That said, it's quite a cool design.
Thanks, Your design is good, you win faces for your profile (or are they called badges?)
(Apr. 13, 2009  8:00 AM)Raykon Wrote: Thanks, Your design is good, you win faces for your profile (or are they called badges?)

if you can find one place where we use the word "badges" i'll give you a badge
(Apr. 13, 2009  7:17 AM)psychoBlader Wrote: here is my design, i spent alot of time making this up, too bad i can't draw too well, i tried describing it as accurately as possible, =D. hope i can finally get my first beyblade by winning this contest. Good luck to everyone else who entered!!
SkyScraper BeyStadium
Great idea, but endurance types are massively favored.
An endurance type will stay in the upper stadium, while the attack type goes straight to the tornado ridge, and will end up in the bottom stadium.
I really like the fact that it's like a multi-story car park though : )
Think this and Pichuscutes are my fave so far.
Tower Stadium 2!?
not bad limeguy.
and really nice idea psychoBlader!
(Apr. 13, 2009  7:17 AM)psychoBlader Wrote: here is my design, i spent alot of time making this up, too bad i can't draw too well, i tried describing it as accurately as possible, =D. hope i can finally get my first beyblade by winning this contest. Good luck to everyone else who entered!!
SkyScraper BeyStadium

OMFG! I was thinking on the same lines of that idea...at keast the ramp part lol. Oh well i got some more up my sleeve =P
Well you be develop it quick - you only have two days left (give or take a few hours)!
(Apr. 13, 2009  9:40 PM)Rocky Wrote: Well you be develop it quick - you only have two days left (give or take a few hours)!

I already have...im just too lazy to draw it.....ill probably be trying to do it at the last moment Crying
i made a tinypic acount and how do i put a link to here?