FACE CONTEST: Design a BeyStadium!

find the image link (starts with [IMG] ) and copy/paste it into your post.
thanks for the compliments ladies and gents, too bad you cant win a beyblade by winning this contest, haha, for the prize, when it said "Booster" i thought it meant booster pack, oopsy, xD. glad so many people liked my design, my scanner is "carp"(lol) so it didnt get the whole pic, but im sure everyone new what i meant when it blocked out some words, ONCE AGAIN, GOOD LUCK IN THIS CONTEST EVERYONE!
ok heres mine! hope you like it.
propeller stadium
[Image: 300tik7.jpg]
also the propeller does not move until it is hit.
I don't see the point of the propeller. All you've said is it's above the stadium, what does it actually do?
Unless.. Has it got something to do with when you launch?
You have to launch it just right so the propeller doesn't hit the blade as you launch it in to the stadium?
i guess when the blade hits the propeler it moves and the propler would make the blade move
What do those weird swirls in the stadium represent?
the swirls are for decals.like on it like old hasbro stadiums like driger den or thunder rumbler.and launch correct.if you launch it next to the propeller it will probobly hit and it will spin.the propeller will probobly weaken the blade in the middle of the battle. and a propeller spins in circles. duh
I really like psychoBladers design. It may be favoring one type, but no one said we couldn't (most are, aren't they?). I thought it was a pretty clever idea. Also, thanks dieddead.
As for flamerx.....I don't see how that propeller would do anything but make the battles much shorter, I also doubt the beyblade will hit it hard enough to make it actually spin, unles the thing is really light. Most likely, though, it would just break off and get in the way........
the propeller is mostly hollow.the bottom is kind of connected to the stadium with a large pin or something.
also i did like psyco bladers stadium.but i saw it was kind of like the tower stadium on youtube. not exactley the same. but the same idea
hrmmm.. I've been in rochester and detroit all weekend and I haven't had time to revise/improve my initial idea, but this is what I've got so far. It's not super creative, but I'd be interested in trying out a similar system in real life. I was inspired by Crimson's snail style beyblade design. I like spirals Smile Essentially the idea is to launch your tops where the "Beyblade" logo is, and have them run down the little ramp. Launch/smashing techniques would be utterly useless, and instead you would be relying more on spin time and battle endurance. Because the ramps are opposite eachother, I imagine your tops would spend a lot of time chasing eachother in circles until they reached the mostly flat "yin-yang" symbol. The only thing I can thikn of to better describe this action is those coin collecting drums you might find at a science center or museum etc.

My design/graphic skills are lacking, but I think it gets the point across..? I was using sumopaint, so it's pretty rough haha

Anywho, here it is:
[Image: beystadcoloured.jpg]
[Image: beycrosscut.jpg]

Edit: oh damn, my design looks a lot like psychoblader's :\ *unoriginal* D:
I like this as well. It's not that much like psychoBlader's. His ramps serve a different purpose and he has a tower stadium.
I have a feeling i'm not going to win this, loads of people have enterd this one. Gasp
(Apr. 14, 2009  2:50 AM)Minion Wrote: hrmmm.. I've been in rochester and detroit all weekend and I haven't had time to revise/improve my initial idea, but this is what I've got so far. It's not super creative, but I'd be interested in trying out a similar system in real life. I was inspired by Crimson's snail style beyblade design. I like spirals Smile Essentially the idea is to launch your tops where the "Beyblade" logo is, and have them run down the little ramp. Launch/smashing techniques would be utterly useless, and instead you would be relying more on spin time and battle endurance. Because the ramps are opposite eachother, I imagine your tops would spend a lot of time chasing eachother in circles until they reached the mostly flat "yin-yang" symbol. The only thing I can thikn of to better describe this action is those coin collecting drums you might find at a science center or museum etc.

My design/graphic skills are lacking, but I think it gets the point across..? I was using sumopaint, so it's pretty rough haha

Anywho, here it is:
[Image: beystadcoloured.jpg]
[Image: beycrosscut.jpg]

Edit: oh damn, my design looks a lot like psychoblader's :\ *unoriginal* D:

mines a bit different, haha, i like the ying yang sign tho, i shouldve used a program to draw it as well xD
"Rip Tide" Stadium

Growing up, my family would go to the beach every summer. On the weekends, we'd stay in our camper on the beach. When my friends and I went to swim in the ocean, my father would warn me about the rip tides. He'd show me on the shore how when the water washed up and washed out, there was a dip in the shore, much like a stream that a large portion of water would travel through to get back to the sea. He said that if you were to swim in the water traveled back, you'd be sucked out to sea before you knew it. This was called a rip tide.

My Beystadium design had this concept in mind. I have actually been throwing this idea around for a few years, but the idea of incorporating slopes like the rip tide was just a recent thought while I was taking a jog to the beach one morning.

[Image: Rip-Tide-Stadium-Overview.jpg]

On my overview, it shows the four outlets. The outer ring would represent the shore, the slopes the rip tides, and the middle would be the sea, where the Beyblades would clash as hard as the storms at sea! I much prefer my sketch over this Photoshop/Illustrator rendering.
ORIGINAL SKETCH

[Image: Rip-Tide-Stadium-Side-View.jpg]

This is a demonstration of the difference in slope and ridge. The ring without the rip tide slope has a higher elevation than the middle, much like the shore and sea. The rip tide areas, however, have no ridge, allowing entrance for a Beyblade to be sucked in, just like the strong current of a rip tide.
ORIGINAL SKETCH

[Image: Rip-Tide-Stadium-Figures.jpg]

The figures here show some possible strategies. A few I did not mention, such as an upper attack. An upper attack would be an interesting play for this stadium with the use of an upper level and a slope to get there.

I'm not a brilliant designer, nor am I any good at sketching stadiums, obviously. I wish I could mold the stadium to give you a better idea, but I lack that sort of material. Bear in mind, my sketches and renderings of them are not all symmetrical.

Something I would change would be the width of the rip tide if I could test this stadium. I'd also say this would be a larger stadium - about the size of a Tornado Balance. The center would be about the size of Tornado Balance Type S, however.
awesome! i actually had an idea really similar to that when i designed this contest. glad to see someone else thought it was a good idea
(Apr. 14, 2009  5:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: awesome! i actually had an idea really similar to that when i designed this contest. glad to see someone else thought it was a good idea
Originally, my idea never had the slopes, but I kinda developed the idea when I was staring at the ocean a few mornings ago.

I think a nice idea about the stadium is you can play either attack OR defense. At this point, aim and shot really does matter. A sliding shot in this stadium, for example, can be dangerous, or it might actually give you an edge depending on your Beyblade. Using a grip attacker to scale the edge with a sliding shot would be awesome.

Also, zombies become a bad idea in this stadium because there are two areas.

Really makes you think.
I was thinking of entering this one...but I'm gonna rest from these contests for a wee bit...They're starting to consume me, and people are even calling me insane for some reason, I just can't seem to figure out why though.

---Goes to sleep and dreams---

Sagittario, where are you, CURSE YOU!!!
great! this looks fun!
guess you will be one of the winners since brad said yours is awesome!
good job
I wont be entering this one either, since there was a stadium that looked a lot like mine XD . Im trying to think of another...
ahh this sucks! rocky,hero,unknowngod are all not entering Unhappy
brad i remember you said that you will be designing your own stadium!
are you still going to do that. cuz am exited to see what have you come up with!
i bet im out right?alot of people did not like mine
^ never loose hope. who didn't like your idea cant make you win or loose!
committee are the judges.
(Apr. 14, 2009  2:41 PM)pegasis Wrote: ahh this sucks! rocky,hero,unknowngod are all not entering Unhappy
brad i remember you said that you will be designing your own stadium!
are you still going to do that. cuz am exited to see what have you come up with!

I was going to do that but I didn't.
i actully thought of this when i was 8.i was looking around through my photo album and i found it.and i redid it on the computer.
There is the mine:
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7033/beystadium.png
I call it "Riskgimmick Beystadium".

I draw on Paint because my Scanner has a little problem.
I don't like the big K.O rate in MFB, so I decided to make a Beystadium who seems to be defensive, with little gimmicks.

P.S: Excuse me about the resemblance with Deikailo's one, but I had almost the same idea: partial tornado ridge.