E230 discussion

Stamina Tests (Click to View)

EDIT: I figured I'd add this since it uses E230, but I think we all know what it's capable of Defensively.

(Jun. 09, 2012  6:04 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
More Defense Tests (Click to View)
Hmm that's better than I thought it would do mabye with the right tip but i doubt it thanks for the tests though
I'm bringing this thread back into the light because I have a very important question that I can't find a direct answer to: are both of E230's "modes" considered legal or not? I was coming up with a lot of ideas for the disk in "Boost Mode" (as someone put it), but was recently told it might not be legal.
IIRC both "modes" are legal until we are told otherwise (though I was away for a week, so we might have been told lol).
As far as I recall only one mode was legal, as I mentioned via PM. Maybe I confused it with the Boost Disk compatibility discussion, but yeah.
Yeah, Th!nk, it was your PM that made me post this since I couldn't find definite answers and Hazel mentioned in the Reviser Reviser thread that this was a topic that would be brought up in this thread (but never was).

Me saying "Boost Mode" was just a reference to the plastic disk being flipped and, thus, higher on the track like BD145 in Boost Mode (someone else said this and I thought it was a good way to describe the mode). I don't think BD145's parts are useable on E230, but if they are I'm certain that would be illegal, heh.
Oh yeah, I know that, it is a very good analogy.

But yes, I was referencing BD145's disk on E230, it does fit (though it's considered illegal).
Burn Phoenix E230CS vs Burn Phoenix 230CS

10 Match's

E230 (UPPER MODE) - 6 wins / 230 - 4 wins
Win Percentage 60%

Sorry i dont know the official names for the E230 modes.
Most matches were EXTREMELY close though only winning by a couple of rotations.
I will continue to experiment but considering the E230 was designed for the Zero-G stadiums i am already in love with it.

There aren't any "modes" for E230, I'm positive that the side that sticks out should be the part that touches the wheel, as it gives it a better "fit" is the correct way, and when placed that way, the bottom of the disk is placed better, as when flipped, it puts the disk up slightly higher. Hopefully we'll know soon enough.
10 matches isn't very much, plus, why Burn Phoenix's? Ah who the hell cares, thanks for the tests! There aren't many surprisingly Confused
EDIT: Anyways, here's the VERY little testing I got done myself before mine was stolen.. Thank God I have another coming in now.

Equipment used:
BBG-03 Zero-G Attack Type Beystadium
Beylauncher L/R (No handle)
R²F MINT
CS Semi Aggressive

MF-H Duo (Stamina Mode) Aquario 230CS vs. Phoenic Ifraid E230CF
Duo launched first.

MF-H Duo Aquario 230CS
5 OS
1 KO
0 SKO
6 wins, 30% win rate.

Phoenic Ifraid E230CF
0 OS
0 KO
14 SKO
14 wins, 70% win rate.

I can say personally for me that in Zero-G, the gimmick works as it was originally intended to. E230CF stayed relatively balanced the whole time, and with that better balance, it caused a very smooth sway and KO'd Duo so easily each time it won. If CS on Duo went slightly aggro though and went around at the same pace as E230CF, it was done by an OS. Works very good though.
Wait?!
What's this?!
HIGH TRACK ATTACK?!
AND DEFENSE?!
E230 is now a balance track forevaaaaaaaaa
Now we just need stamina tests, hehehe...
EDIT: Raigeko, when we're talking about E230 having multiple modes, we're talking about putting the plastic disk on upside down. It certainly fits and the elevator gimmick still very much works, but the plastic disk sits higher on the track in the other "mode."

(Jun. 27, 2012  8:55 AM)Ingulit Wrote: I'm bringing this thread back into the light because I have a very important question that I can't find a direct answer to: are both of E230's "modes" considered legal or not? I was coming up with a lot of ideas for the disk in "Boost Mode" (as someone put it), but was recently told it might not be legal.

I'm quoting this just to make sure the topic doesn't get forgotten, but I also wanted to ask another question:

What defense tips are people finding to be the best for E230? I see CS everywhere, but what about pure defense? There is no major risk of floor scrapes like with BD145, so we could be using shorter tips, but the majority of the defense tips are tall anyway.
  • I'm afraid to use RS on it since the track is so darn tall, but that's the only good defense tip I can think of that is prone-ish to scraping on BD145.
  • My RDF keeps tipping over on E230 and starts moving aggressively; is anyone else having this problem?
  • I think RB was already brought up in this thread, and I think I'm going to put my hat in for it as well. I like it better than CS for pure defense, anyway.
  • Has anyone tried the old top-tier tips like WB that are too short for BD145? I would test it but my family wants to sleep today.
RDF does completely fine for me, a whole lot better for pure defense then CS.
I'm interested to see the balance with an RS on it. I might as well try it sometime.
I need to catch up with this metagame Tired, even so with a good combo and mind tricks I can't lose lol. Doesn't really seemed to have changed that much though...
Good thing people are still testing, but we should have more, I know we can do it Wink
(Jun. 27, 2012  5:34 PM)Ingulit Wrote: EDIT: Raigeko, when we're talking about E230 having multiple modes, we're talking about putting the plastic disk on upside down. It certainly fits and the elevator gimmick still very much works, but the plastic disk sits higher on the track in the other "mode."

... I know, haha.
I was just saying that I'm positive that even though it can fit two different ways that there aren't any modes that have been listed by TAKARA-TOMY. And on the official packaging it has the part that sticks out up on the photos, so I'm assuming that's the correct way.
Like here: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/TAKARA-TOMY-BeyBl...~60_57.JPG
The "boost" mode, shall we call it, from my testing blocks about everything 130-145 to the point where disk contact is the only thing that occurs.

E230MB in boost mode completely walls Flash on a 145, which is why I use it.

I've also noticed that rs is particularly prone to "falling over" vs left spin attacker beyblades or XF spin stealers (More so than CS, MB, etc.).
You're completely right about "Boost Mode" blocking attackers. Beyond that, I've been toying around with E230's "Boost Mode" because of how much it raises the center of gravity, which is very powerful in some of my goofier custom ideas. Namely, some of my customs get a large stamina boost from "Boost Mode," and I feel like a really good balance type could be made if "Boost Mode" was deemed legal. I'm really hesitant to keep testing with it, though, since it might not be; it would be awesome if more committee members could comment on its legality so I know whether or not I can keep testing with it.
I'll see if I can nudge Hazel later on.

Meow: RS's weakness to left spin is very well known.
Just saying at Crusade Kai-V and kei said it was legal at Crusade for the time being.
If that's the case, seeing as we haven't heard anything else in the mean time, looks like that's a green light.

However, it does mean everyone who tests it in future, as well as those who have already done testing and haven't included which mode they used for that testing, need to specify which "mode" they used, the latter group will need to edit their posts to indicate that.
Im not sure its legal to use E230 on the higher position.It does not say about so in the instruction manual so I think its ideal to utilize the placement shown on the officail images.

IF WA130 would be utilized in official tournaments wouldnt it be illegal to spin the invalid direction its meant to spin for?The instruction manual for Thermal Lacerta W130HF (Takara tomy) tells you only to use the specific mode for one spin direction.
Does the instruction manual really say that? The article on Beywiki says it is okay to switch WA130's wing directions, though in this case the part doesn't garner as severe a performance change as E230's two modes. I know stuff like putting ED145's wings on WA130 is illegal, but I want to say it's fine to switch the wing's directions on WA130.

I have to give a huge "Yay!" to the potential green light for E230's mode changes. I'll start testing "boost mode" again. We should probably come up with a better way to name the two modes, though "boost mode" is actually rather descriptive.
I would be fine with Normal mode & Upper mode. I believe Hazel did mention something about the mode change in the instructions. I wish I hadn't thrown out my instructions after Roll Call 2 now.
I have mine still, I just can't read them, haha.
Would like to see E230 against left spin combos; E230 looking dominant right now O.e jeez TT. Thanks for the test guys.
(Jun. 28, 2012  5:34 PM)J o nâ„¢ Wrote: Would like to see E230 against left spin combos; E230 looking dominant right now O.e jeez TT. Thanks for the test guys.

There are some tests of it in various places, either here or the MSF Revizer Revizer E230CS thread. Left Spin is a major weakness for it, from what I gather.
WA130 has right spin mode and left spin mode as it says in the instruction manual.But it clearly saids that you can not use right spin mode for left spin and the vice versa.

Maybe someday I should phone TT about E230.Cuz there is only ONE image that indicates the "boost mode" position.