E230 discussion

He could launch Flash perfectly every time; we don't know that. If he is, then his tests show that E230 is good. If not, then at least he tried...
From is benchmark tests, we can infer that he is most likely not. But I guess we can wait until those 230 benchmark tests that Uwik requested to see for sure.
(Apr. 21, 2012  7:02 PM)Granblue Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2012  4:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2012  3:22 PM)KaotiK Wrote: Actually, we need someone who is better with the flash wheel.The benchmark tests aren't great...

Hey man, it doesn't work like that. No matter what results he gets, he got those results. If somebody is getting those results, there's probably other people getting those results, possibly even people that may move you up or down in the BeyRank!
Think of it like this,
I'd rather be prepared for somebody who is completely perfect with the Flash in every way, than somebody who doesn't get the usual results.

Oh yeah absolutely, but what I was saying is that KaotiK can't just disregard his tests, nor tell him that somebody else is more qualified.
The whole purpose of benchmark tests is for comparison sake. You can see it for yourselves where the skill lies, and compare it to your own. If you think you can get bettter results, then your own win percentage is probably higher, if you think you get worse results, then your own win percentage is probably lower. It's a simple system really. How good/bad the benchmark results are does not discredit the actual tests.

If you feel that they're not reliable in any way, then do your own tests. I, for one, appreciate any contributions made. Thanks, and keep them coming Brood.
Please could somebody test this:
MF-H Phantom Cancer E230CS VS (Any top-tier stamina combo. eg: Duo TH170D, Phantom AD145WD, etc)
And then comparative tests with 230CS against the same combo.
Please make sure the tests are by the same person!

Thanks
Yeah wow guys, such lovely treatment of a guy who gets this stuff fast and tests it for you. As Uwik said, the whole point of benchmarks is to give a comparison that takes the skill factor out. Whether or not you consider the benchmarks to show good results for whatever, doesn't affect the legitimacy of the tests, as that benchmark is the comparison point, that benchmark is not compared to your mental standard of what each wheel "can do".

So yeah, be a bit more appreciative.

Brood, thanks a whole lot for these tests, and all of your testing. Really appreciate it man Smile
Whoa, so E230 kinda devastated Flash, there?! Awesome, man!
Should this be legal in BB-10, then it might wreak havoc....

Moreover, even I am excited to see a return of high track defense. But as Kai-V said, I'd like to see this in a Zero G stadium too! Joyful_3

Brood says that it "jiggles" a bit. Might be a matter of concern, but seems like it wouldn't be "too" dangerous for it, as it recovers from floor scrapes very well!

And of course, thanks for such quick testing, Brood! Smile
Obviously the legality of this part in a BB-10 is a long way from conclusion, so I'll just put that out there ahead of time. If these parts show an outstanding logical incompatibility with MFB(either by total domination or some other means), then it will likely result in prohibiting them from use in standard MFB Stadia, but so far nothing is conclusive enough to lead to that - and honestly, a track that makes combinations stand a chance against Flash does not, by itself, seem to be anything remotely bad.
True...

I just realized-
I am surprised to see a 230 attack fail against this...
Either Flash isn't good on such heights, or E230 is WAY too stable, and even upon Metal-Metal collision, there's no effect.

Brood- Does E230 have a lot of stability? Or does it actually go down low enough to catch the Tornado Ridge?
I wonder just how effective E230 is at stabilizing attackers.

Could someone test MSF __ Phoenec E230GCF/CF vs a good 230MB defense combo? Use the Zero-G stadium.

I don't know to SYNCHROM with Phoenec, or in what order. Thanks in advance.
There is no such thing as a good 230MB defense combo.
There is a good 230MB stamina/wobbler though, which is MF-H Duo Aquario 230MB.
I thought 230MB was defensive in the Zero-G stadium...Zero-G attacks are largely ineffective against it.
(Apr. 21, 2012  8:33 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2012  7:02 PM)Granblue Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2012  4:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Hey man, it doesn't work like that. No matter what results he gets, he got those results. If somebody is getting those results, there's probably other people getting those results, possibly even people that may move you up or down in the BeyRank!
Think of it like this,
I'd rather be prepared for somebody who is completely perfect with the Flash in every way, than somebody who doesn't get the usual results.

Oh yeah absolutely, but what I was saying is that KaotiK can't just disregard his tests, nor tell him that somebody else is more qualified.

Im not disreguarding his tests.I just think we need more testers.
We always need more testers, but you don't seem to understand the function of benchmarks, i.e. to give a point of comparison, not to be elitist snobs and say that certain people can't test.

@Granblue: MB is supposed to be a good defense tip in Zero-G Stadia.
When is the Pheonic wheel going to be tested???Lol Tongue_out
Sorry for the seemingly mean post, wont happen agian.
(Apr. 23, 2012  9:52 PM)KaotiK Wrote: When is the Pheonic wheel going to be tested???Lol Tongue_out
Sorry for the seemingly mean post, wont happen agian.
the problem may be getting two phoenic wheels to synchrome, since it is is a random booster.

Then one Phoenic wheel would be facing the opposite direction, which could either make make it really good (Blitz) or bad (Dark). I like Hazel's suggestion of putting it on top of/under the smallest Chrome Wheel so far to test it.
(Apr. 23, 2012  10:35 PM)Tamer Primal Wrote: Then one Phoenic wheel would be facing the opposite direction, which could either make make it really good (Blitz) or bad (Dark). I like Hazel's suggestion of putting it on top of/under the smallest Chrome Wheel so far to test it.
i really want to see testing done on phoenic, e230 tests have been done, but still waiting for phoenic tests. that is true hazels idea is really good, but we have to wait and see what the tests show hopefullly it is good.
So I just got this thing, plugged it in, and it's fantastic. I like to call it bd145 2.0.

Not only does it have the benefits of being the combination of 2 of the current top defense tracks, but it also improves on bd145's design.

The distance from the tip to the disk on e230 while its resting at the bottom is larger than the distance from the tip to the disk on bd145. It also doesn't have the spikes that bd145 has. This allows for substantially less scraping and the benefit of being able to use all tips with it, not just small ones.

This further benefits the track, because the disk is higher. It blocks tracks like s130 that would otherwise, battling a bd145, strike metal. 145 also receives substantially more disk contact than vs'ing bd145.

That's why its good. Flash needs one strong hit while duo is in the center to ko it. Once duo is on a slope the only thing flash really hits is disk....

Ill try to get a picture of the difference in height up later but for now:

MF-H Flash (Attack Mode) Escolpio GB145R2F vs MF-H Duo Aquario E230CS
Flash: 9/20 (All KO)
Duo: 11/20 (All OS)

Duo Win Rate: 55%

Also I got some stamina tests in:

Phantom Aquario 230D vs Duo Aquario E230MB
Phantom: 8/20 (All OS)
Duo: 12/20 (All OS)

Duo Win Rate: 60%

Not as effective as plain 230, because the disk would sometimes knock phantom back in balance, but still good results.

Benchmark
I oughta try to get some Stamina testing in because even with Stamina Bottoms, it's harder to KO than previous customs. That, and I wanna see how this stacks up against a normal 230 Stamina-wise.
Urgh, Zero-G is making MFB so defensive again...

Would be interested in stamina testing with D and, if that scrapes, EDS.

(Apr. 23, 2012  10:35 PM)Primal Wrote: Then one Phoenic wheel would be facing the opposite direction, which could either make make it really good (Blitz) or bad (Dark). I like Hazel's suggestion of putting it on top of/under the smallest Chrome Wheel so far to test it.

Worth mentioning that at this point, according to Hazel, a second Phoenic is still the one that exposes it most. But this really isn't the place for discussing Phoenic.
I've tried D

It doesn't scrape at all.

However its not as good as mb due to the wobbling eff, described in the duo 230mb's thread.
If you could do some comparative testing it would be nice, E230 really doesn't seem like a good part for a wobbler (or whatever you classify duo 230MB as) to me, but then I guess I don't have it, haha Tongue_out
Sure any specific combos you'd like me to battle?
If you have a second D, simplest thing would be the same two you used in the test against phantom, but with E230D instead of MB on Duo, would be good, saves you having to do two sets of tests. If not, something you can test both Duo E230D and E230MB against that will allow us to see the difference. I think Phantom 230D would be the fairest thing, though.