Duo Uranus Discussion

(Dec. 24, 2011  11:10 PM)Hazel Wrote: Semi-Aggro CS do better against Attackers than Calm ones, especially with an appropriate launch.

State what kind of launch you used with your CS, Relic.

I did a Straight Launch with CS.

And when it spins on the rubber after getting hit, it moves aggressively for about 2-3 seconds before becoming calm again.
Ah, that would be why it lost. Straight launching a Semi-Aggro CS will do worse than Calm.
How so..?
Semi-Aggro does better with a Sliding Shoot for the same reason Anti-Meta works as Anti-Meta, silly goose.

Straight Shot it will waste more spin for less net gain than Calm.

Okay, here is the same testing with the Sliding Shoot.

MF-M Blitz Unicorno S130R2F V/S MF-H Duo Uranus BD145CS

•Standard Procedure.
•Sliding Shoot for Blitz and Duo.
•Duo Always launched first.
•20 rounds.

MF-M Blitz Unicorno S130R2F - 12/20 (12 KOs)
MF-H Duo Uranus BD145CS - 8/20 (8 OS)

Duo's win rate : 40 %

Not much of a difference even with the Sliding Shoot.

As requested by Th!nk, here is a test I did for Duo with MB :

MF-M Blitz Unicorno S130R2F V/S MF-H Duo Uranus BD145MB

•Standard Procedure.
•Banking Shot for Blitz.
•Duo Always launched first.
•20 rounds.

MF-M Blitz Unicorno S130R2F - 10/20 (10 KOs)
MF-H Duo Uranus BD145MB - 10/20 (1 KO, 9 OS)

Duo's Win Rate : 50 %

I'll do tests with Vari soon.
Guess I need to try Blitz on S130 then :\
I recall Blitz doing well on S130 in several tests, but not as well as CH120...
I just weighed my Duo. It weighs 41.1 Grams. Maybe that could be the reason its not doing so good for Defense ?

Anyway, I'll post the results of the Stamina tests I did when I get some time. It did pretty well.
Probably the exact reason: Duo is generally "just good enough" to hang in the arena, so being 1-2g lighter than normal is enough for it to be KO-able. I know mine is definitely more than that (turns out despite being only to the gram, my kitchen scales seem to be very accurate for what they are).

Explains a lot. Can't wait for stamina tests :3
Some tests for Duo compared to other powerful defensive wheels:

Standard Procedure for all tests

BD145CS Comparative Results:

Comparison to Wing Tests:
Defence Tests:
TH170CS Tests
230CS Tests:

General Defence Tests:

General Stamina Tests:
MF-L DuoUranus230D (Stamina Mode) vs MF-L ScytheKronos230D (Stamina Mode)
Could you guys please help with some testing? Maybe some stamina tests vs Phantom or some defence tests vs VariAres or Blitz (all of which I lack)
Hm, great tests! Grin
Yes its surprising to see the comparative tests of Wing being completely identical; I am even the more surprised to see Beat go high on win rates against Basalt. Maybe it was underrated when I learnt about its characteristics...

Surprised to see someone else using Beat as their testing tool against BD145CS combos - I thought I was the only one that did this, haha. I'm liking how successful Wing appears to be, though, and considering getting one myself, lately...

Janstarblast: Beat is just really tricky to use right. It's probably harder to perfect launching Beat appropriately than VariAres, even, because if you bank too deep or not deep enough you get bubkis.. I've got some tests up somewhere or another of going 16 and 4 with MF-H Beat GB145RF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS(calm).
Beat has been the only competitive attack piece that I have owned since GravityPerseus, which is now mostly outdated. As I said earlier I lack a VariAres and Blitz, so the only other option for attackers is Beat. After months of using nothing but it, and trust me it was tedious to begin with, I have learned how to control Beat (mostly). And have grown to love it.
- Hazel, you are not alone Grin

As for Wing; a lot of people have ridden this wheel off I think for its attack capabilities (which are still ok, but nothing compared to the current day attackers). But its defensive properties, as my tests show, rival that of the great Duo (in these two combo's, at least). Duo has slightly less recoil, but less weight also. Wing has slightly more recoil, but more weight also. The two seem to balance each other out.
I think when it comes to VariAres tests however, Duo will come out on top. Wing, circular as it may be, has too many points for VariAres to lock onto and use to KO, weather Duo is perfectly symmetrical.
Oh, and I am yet to test Wing in its other two modes (Mortal Blow Attack and Pound Attack). I have been using Ironclad Attack mode because it is the most balanced mode, and balance is important to a beys performance (eg Basalt vs Duo).

And I will have stamina tests up soon.
(Jan. 12, 2012  6:27 PM)Hazel Wrote: Surprised to see someone else using Beat as their testing tool against BD145CS combos - I thought I was the only one that did this, haha. I'm liking how successful Wing appears to be, though, and considering getting one myself, lately...

Janstarblast: Beat is just really tricky to use right. It's probably harder to perfect launching Beat appropriately than VariAres, even, because if you bank too deep or not deep enough you get bubkis.. I've got some tests up somewhere or another of going 16 and 4 with MF-H Beat GB145RF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS(calm).

Wow, I always found Beat a glorified Attack part, but knew of its uses. Smile
But yeah, never expected it to be so great.
And hey, you not alone! I love Beat too! Just till Hasbro releases 4D beys... *dreams of using Beat on CH120* (As you know, this was a joke. Tongue_out)
That day shall come...

Anyway, I'm in the midst of a Duo230 vs Wing230 stamina test, you'll just have to wait to find out who wins Tongue_out_wink
Standard Procedure (Tips swapped after 5 rounds)

MF-L DuoUranus230D vs MF-L WingPegasusIII230D
Wing = 0% (N/a)
Duo = 100% (All OS)

Duo just outspun by a mile, if there is one combo where balance is shown its this, and Duo clearly has superior balance. No matter how hard Wing hit Duo, it took it all in stride. Wing may be equal to Duo in Defence, but in Stamina Duo trumps it. Wing can make up for a higher recoil with higher weight defence wise, but stamina wise it doesn't help.
Some more Defence tests for Duo:

Standard Procedure

MF-L DuoUranusTH170CS (Stamina Mode) vs MF-L FangLeoneIIS130RF (Counter Mode)
Duo Win = 80% (14 OS, 2 SKO)
Fang Win = 20% (All KO)

Fang barely managed to get the KO's it did. It kinda nudged Duo to the edge and tipped it out. Otherwise it just bounced off Duo and lost spin in a hopeless attempt to win.

EDIT: I have also updated my first post in this thread to include the past few tests.
Also, I have been considering the benchmarking idea and I am totally for it. But lets not get off topic, I just need a combo to benchmark against (I was thinking BD145CS) and an attack combo to use against it. Any idea's?
Well I was thinking...can anyone try Lightning L-Drago BD145 RF against this? I know it worked well only against 230 heights and that too it only managed to push Basalt and not smash it ... but ...I'd like to see how it does against Duo. Lightning is outclassed now I know but... it worked well against Earth based defense which had low recoil so why not try against this(I know Duo is heavier but who knows it 'may' get good results)
I'll take that request. LightningLDragoBD145RF vs DuoUranus230CS coming up!
As requested here is the test; DuoUranus230CS vs LightningLDragoBD145RF. And 'cause I'm a nice guy, I even threw in a comparative test to Basalt230CS as well Grin

Standard Procedure

MF-L DuoUranus230CS (Stamina Mode) vs MF-L LightningLDragoBD145RF (Upper Mode)
Duo Win = 40% (7 OS, 1 SKO)
LDrago Win = 60% (All KO)

...um... I... Guess I should say that Duo was being tossed around like an angry child's toy. Lightning constantly destabilised, then KOed it. Often the battle was over within 5-7 seconds of the battle starting. It did seem to do ok though, when you put it in perspective... But I expected better from this defensive king...

MF-L BasaltUnicorn230CS vs MF-L LightningLDragoBD145RF (Upper Mode)
Basalt Win = 35% (All OS)
LDrago Win = 65% (All KO)

Well, this shows that Basalt is no better than Duo at least. But I expected this one, I've seen the results from other users enough. And Basalt did seem to be getting lucky with the walls... A lot.

If anything, this shows that Dan's combo is still competitively viable, even in today's mixed up metagame.

EDIT: Added the tests to my Main Post in this thread. And made the post easier to read (Or that was the aim)
No, I think it just shows how competitively unviable 230CS is now, haha. Same for Lightning LDrago.
@S.D.C- Wow, why Fang?!
It was quite overrated, and it was quite expected to see how easily it would be suppressed.
As for the Lightning L Drago tests, it shows how effective Lightning always had been against 230 combos. As Dan said, it shows how 230 was suppressed.
Any other Duo Defense combo; and Lightning will go for a toss...
That is true.

As for Fang; it's about one of the only decent attack wheels I got. I know it was overrated but it still got ok results in general. As for LightningBD145 vs other duo combo's, that'll be my next test.

Oh, and here are some Wing230CS results:

Standard Procedure

MF-L WingPegasusIII230CS vs MF-L LightningLDragoBD145RF
Wing Win = 25% (All OS)
LDrago Win = 75% (All KO)

I kinda expected this, on a tall height Wing's slightly worse balance really shows through. It's shape gave Lightning plenty of smash opportunities.
@S D R Wrong Thread....
(Jan. 15, 2012  2:48 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: @S D R Wrong Thread....
I take it your talking about the Wing test? It was a comparison to the Duo results, Wing seemed to have equal defence with Duo up to now so I wanted to see if it could improve on Duo's result vs LightningLDragoBD145RF...

Anyway; here is a new defence test vs LightningLDragoBD145RF for Duo, and a a stamina test vs Scythe230D.

Standard Procedure for all Tests: (Tips Swapped after 5 Round for Stamina)

MF-L DuoUranusTH170CS (Stamina Mode) vs MF-L LightningLDragoBD145RF (Upper Mode)
Duo Win = 85% (5 SKO, 12 OS)
LDrago Win = 15% (All KO)

This is more what I would have expected. LDrago only KOed when it managed to put Duo off balance and smack it out, otherwise it just tapped Duo around the stadium.

MF-L DuoUranus230D (Stamina Mode) vs MF-L ScytheKronos230D (Stamina Mode)
Duo Win = 85% (16 OS, 1 KO)
Scythe Win = 15% (All OS)

Duo was out spinning Scythe by a fair margin, often 7 seconds+. It even managed to get a fluke KO by knocking Scythe to the outer edge of the stadium and swinging around the tip it out. Scythe, however only out-spun by 1-4 seconds.

You guys need to help out as well, I'm ruining perfectly shiny Metal Wheels with all these tests Tongue_out_wink

P.S @Galaxy4Stars: My name is spelt S.D.C, not S D R. Geez, even simplified form SDamonCronous people are still spelling it wrong.

EDIT: Updated my main post to include those tests
And that, is the real truth.
EPIC FAIL for LLD. Tongue_out
I really loved LLD, though. Unhappy
I think we al did Crying

RIP LightningLDrago. May your legend live on in our memories. Even if you did practically destroy the metagame of the day...