Duo Uranus Discussion

Ugh, I cracked open a BB 121 today.

My son put together Duo, and cross-threaded the bolt. Now it is stuck, either one of the threads on the bolt busted off or a groove in the 230 did.

either way, we're stuck with a Duo in defense mode on the 230.

Pinching_eyes fml.
You could try using a plier to pry it open gently..
whatever the mode is that a bit of lip hangs over.

anyways, used pliers, took a knife and re-threaded the bolt and spin track, though the threads appeared fine. reassembled and it did the same thing. used a different bolt, works fine. my Uranus bolt is short. kind of sucks, but oh well
Your thinking of attack mode. God that mode it fun to mess with on M145 XD

At least it was the face bolt and not an important piece, like the actual metal wheel. As long as that is in good condition your purchase was worth it Wink You can just stick one of the Uranus stickers over another facebolt to make one if you want, its what I did. I replaced my peeling LDrago face with LDrago Guardians, a peeling Pegasus face with the new Pegasus face, and a Uranus sticker on a blank green face bolt I pick up from somewhere Chocked_2
Yeah, I would've been pretty upset if the track or the wheel was messed up. This is actually becoming one of my favorite beys, which means it's becoming one the most used thus it has a MF typically anyways.
Can someone properly test Duo vs Phantom since the amount we have is seriously lacking and we have way more test for attack than we need.
(Jan. 29, 2012  12:25 PM)Ultra Wrote: Can someone properly test Duo vs Phantom since the amount we have is seriously lacking and we have way more test for attack than we need.

Phantom Orion 230WD vs Duo Uranus 230WD
Standard Proceedure.
Phantom Orion 230WD: 13 Wins. (7 KO, 6 OS)
Duo Uranus 230WD: 7 Wins. (4 KO, 3 OS)

It was pretty close actually, as it generally depended which wheel went under the other, then destabilized the opponent for the win.

Unfortunately, I can't do any "standard" testing with tracks such as 145 or 100, as I don't own multiples. The only tracks I own multiples of are BD145 and 230.
That's fine man. Thanks for the quick response.
BD145 testing on both of those would work fine as well, haha.
with WD? I wish it would work that way too. (:

I only have multiples of WD and RF for bottoms, but the dude previously requested no attack battles, so yeah. Dj - Disappointed ...
Hm...
Phantom Vs. Duo tests...
Nice results for Phantom.
Its a nice proof to confirm Phantom >/= Duo. I needed it atm. Smile
But, I still won't believe those tests completely, as you(Pocky) yourself said that it depended on what got underneath first. At the same time, its 230WD. A super-wobbly combination.
If we could see 230D, it'll be nice. Smile
As I said, the two are so close that small variations in weight determine the outcome. They're probably the closest any "Top Two" wheels have been in the history of MFB.
Yes, they are extremely similar, but probably a more appropriate Stamina test would look nice, wouldn't it? Grin
This is a test involving to nice wheels, upon a tall, wobbly combination. So, if we could tests on a better combo (AD145WD/230D/TH170D/etc.), it would probably be a bit better; and would at least allow us to determine the outcome quite well. Smile
We already know that the outcome depends on weight. For anything more specific, we need exact weights of matchups, and to work out the true average weight of these wheels, to see on average, what percentage of Phantom's would beat Duo and vice versa.

I know it's hard to settle for if you're used to thinking in terms of "best and not best", but sometimes, there is no best, just "different".

Or, perhaps another approach, it is useless to consider all phantoms the same wheel, same with Duo. Which wheel is "best" depends on, and only on, the phantom and duo that are battling. We can try to work out which is slightly better on average, but it's not really useful information.
Yes, I understood that.
The Weight Differences in 4D have given rise to different test results every time.
All I mean to say as of now is, to at least calculate this "average"
you talk about precisely,
we must at least make use of "good" Stamina combos, and not just any combination that comes to our mind(no offense, Pocky. Smile).
To see how nicely a hat suits us, we may not go out wearing a completely haywire costume... In the same way, to see what does well (Phantom or Duo) we may not put them on something as bad as 230WD (which is famous for bad balance). Isn't it?
230WD isn't so bad, it's just not as good as a number of other options.

Anyway, we can test all we like, but unless we also record weights and get a completely unrealistic sample size, we'll never, ever be able to make a reliable assumption.

It's just much simpler and better to deal with the fact that they are closer than we can measure, and move on to more important things.
And suggest to each blader that they measure and test their own Phantom and Duo to come to the best conclusion they can for the parts that they own - rather than rely on a generalization that is too close to call.
so today i was doing some stamina testing and i found that Uranus was doing better on the combo Duo __AD145WD than Bull and Aquario were for some reason can anyone explain this
(Feb. 02, 2012  2:21 AM)LK-Sm0ke Wrote: so today i was doing some stamina testing and i found that Uranus was doing better on the combo Duo __AD145WD than Bull and Aquario were for some reason can anyone explain this

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Clear-Wh...-test-them

Basically that. Uranus is really poorly shaped for stamina.
i know it is but it works
EDIT: Turns out I may actually owe you an apology!

A little Bird (Egg, perhaps), whose judgement I trust, has whispered in my ear that they found the same thing. I have absolutely ZERO clue how, I guess it is kinda externally focused and stuff? Good Synergy?

So yeah, my apologies, LK-Sm0ke, it appears that you may well be correct!

That said, there are still the issues raised in the thread I linked.

I just wish someone would make that balance-checking contraption a few of us spoke about that one time...
I haven't forgotten, and I think I have the right plan to build it. Given that the construction will be destructive it's a good thing I have lots of plain face bolts that I don't use and won't mind destroying... Eee
(Feb. 03, 2012  1:40 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I haven't forgotten, and I think I have the right plan to build it. Given that the construction will be destructive it's a good thing I have lots of plain face bolts that I don't use and won't mind destroying... Eee

Man, I cannot wait to see how you're gonna do this, almost as much as I can't wait to be able to have the information it will provide!