Duo Uranus Discussion

Aquario, Cancer, and I guess I have to say bull but ewwww.

Eh, either DS, WD, or D, no matter, all of them are easy to KO.
Well, I was just kidding! Tongue_out
Just to express my LOVE for DS.
But hey, I heard that Duo has EXTREMELY less recoil, and its tough to KO due to that. So, won't those tips (D, WD) be good with Duo?
Then again, Blitz and VariAres might get anything out of the ring.
As for the CW choice, would the latest sensation in CW selection- Pegasis II cut past too?
Pegasis II is only a choice when nothing better is available, in general. Cancer is a part most people should have because it comes with CH120, which has resumed it's position as one of, if not the best attack track, and is real, real cheap.
Duo is easy enough to KO on TH170CS. It still has an "edge" if you count the bottom rim of it, which I guess it gets hit on a lot on taller tracks. Not completely sure, but I think Basalt is better than Duo on TH170, because of what it does to anything below it (and, MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS beats MF-H Duo Aquario BD145EDS/CS pretty handily)
Duo cancer(S mode) 230D VS Scythe Cancer 230D:
(NO SPECIFIC BEY LAUNCHED FIRST)
DC:9(ALL OS's)
SC:11(all OS's)

MF-H Duo Cancer TH170RDF VS MF Blitz Unicorno S130R2F:
BU:6 (All KO's)
DC:14(4 KO's,10 OS's)

MF-H Duo Cancer TH170RDF VS MF VariAres CH120LRF:
DC:17 (2 KO's,15 OS's)
VA:3 (KO's only)

I'll get gravity 100EWD or whatever it is done later if thats okay with bleik Smile
nice tests, which mode was scythe?
Yep, Its OK.
Is your RDF aggro because mine is and it cannot KO with self-KO'ing?
Scythe was in stamina mode
my RDF is mint and only slightly aggro
will get the gravity test done today
(Dec. 20, 2011  6:58 PM)H8R Wrote: Duo cancer(S mode) 230D VS Scythe Cancer 230D:
(NO SPECIFIC BEY LAUNCHED FIRST)
DC:9(ALL OS's)
SC:11(all OS's)

YAYMORETESTING :3

But, in future, please alternate the launches, note down which was launched first, and for stamina battles, please include the full battle record (in case launch order is the deciding factor) Smile

Thanks for the testing though, just want to make sure you do it all right Smile

My RDF is pretty calm btw, no more aggro than RSF. Don't use it for attack, anyway.
RDF's flower pattern is like a narcissus compared to RF's Sunflower. Even MB or RB give a bigger range of movement.
MF-H Duo Aquario BD145EDS VS MF-M Gravity Perseus dfns 100EWD:
DA:3(OS's Only)
GP:17(OS's only)
each win was extremely close if anything mili-seconds!!!!!!!
absolutely fantastic!
when duo won gravity was destabilized

btw will do Th!nk and thanks
Hmm. I will play around with the gravity combo (it's nice to see a less formulaic combo for a change), but first, which clear wheel (atk/def/sta) and which mode (normal/counter) did you use, H8R, and which would you suggest, Bleik?

Also, you UK people should make more threads for these combo's that do well in your metagame, because frankly, the customisations forum is dying from a lack of new, original combinations, and your metagame tends to produce a number of interesting, apparently effective combinations (mostly spin-stealers, it seems?)

Heck, I'd consider a thread for more eccentric combo's if I didn't think it would be overrun by people posting dumb stuff that they haven't actually tested properly.
PLAYER VS PLAYER TESTS!:
Duo Cancer(S mode) 230D VS Scythe Cancer 230D:
DU:7 (all OS's)
SC:13(All OS's)

wow that was long!
but anyway details: when Duo won scythe would lose balance(destabilized)
Scythe had normal outspins

will have VS phantom tests up soon
Did you alternate who launched each combo? Need to know these things Tongue_out

Odd to see Duo losing to Scythe so often. I'm guessing you don't have a good, calibrated set of scales to weigh your MW's on?

So weirdly inconsistent.

Also on the TH170 rests earlier, what heights were each bey at, and what spin direction was Variares in? If variares was at 120 height, can you redo it with it at 145?
Thanks H8R.

th!nk: The ATK Version is preferred. Im not sure which mode

will get all of those things done sorry I've been quite disorganised lately lol
details
alternated launches
VA in left spin at 120 height
th170 height=170
H8R Can you try Duo against another spin-stealer.. MLD 100 WD? And if possible I'd like to see how MF-F Phantom Cancer AD145 RF fares against this.

@th!nk..edited Wink
Try VA at 145 height, or on R145. Should help a bit as basically all of it's smash is side on (though it has a good range there), so being under things is kinda bad for it, because I really don't think it should not be getting that low a winrate. I won't heap testing on you with the other three heights of TH170, ahah.

Bleik: Okay. I'm assuming normal mode as counter mode ATK is quite recoily.

Sam: The Phantom Combo needs a specific CW (Cancer), so don't forget it Tongue_out_wink That said that Phantom combo doesn't do too well against it, Duo has much better stamina than basalt so on BD145CS, where basalt usually loses to the phantom combo by OS, Duo keeps spinning a little too long for phantom. Phantom can get some KO's but yeah.
Never mind
(Dec. 21, 2011  10:33 AM)Bleik Wrote: Thanks H8R.

th!nk: The ATK Version is preferred. Im not sure which mode
It is supposed to be in normal mode. Also it doesn't really matter what CW, Attack only works best against higher combos to destabilize. Stamina version is preferred against lower heights, 120, 105, 100, 90, 85. One more thing, MOLD 1 of Gravity works best, i have both molds and have done testing, MOLD 1 works better. Wink

Mold 1 of gravity is better for everything, ahah.

Bleik: We do actually need to do more testing of Duo LTSC's in general, so if we get time I am sure someone will fit it into their testing.
MF-H Duo Cancer(S MODE) TH170RDF VS MF VariAres(Left) R145LRF:
VA:4(all KO's)
DU:16(3 KO's, 13 OS's)

Hm, guess we should stick to OSing TH170RDF then ahah. Thanks for the testing, it saves me a lot of trouble, considering I'm pretty busy at the moment with life stuff Tongue_out
(Dec. 21, 2011  11:07 AM)H8R Wrote: MF-H Duo Cancer(S MODE) TH170RDF VS MF VariAres(Left) R145LRF:
VA:4(all KO's)
DU:16(3 KO's, 13 OS's)
Why are you launching VariAres in left spin against duo? That is so bad especially if you are not KOing beyblades like the one Vari is facing with at least 80% win rates in right spin.

Well, a few tests by H8R were so surprising!!!
Duo lost consistently to Scythe?!
Quite weird, but not impossible actually...
As for the Gravity combo, it was even the more surprising in comparison to Scythe.
But as th!nk said, the UK meta game produces some exceptionally effective spin steal combos.
Good to see EWD... Its been so long since I saw one being used effectively.
Sam- Well, MLD would completely depend on spin steal unlike Gravity, which could possibly have done more than just spin stealing. Smile
try the gravity combo out I was just as sceptical as you are haha
any other requests I have lots of time