Drift Ban Voting

Poll: Should Drift Be Banned

Yes, it should be banned
26.67%
No it shouldn’t be banned
73.33%
Total: 100% 75 vote(s)
I know a thread where people discuss if drift should be banned exist, but it’s just back and forth debating, which is fine, but that doesn’t get the point of wether we ban drift or not anywhere. So here is a vote. I guess whichever option has the most votes wins? Idk honestly.

And, I forgot to add the poll, ok someone delete this thread please

Actually, before it’s deleted, could someone tell me how to make a poll?
Edit the OP, and you should see the option.
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:06 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Edit the OP, and you should see the option.

What’s the OP?
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:07 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:06 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Edit the OP, and you should see the option.

What’s the OP?

original post,

the first post you made edit it (i think thats what he meant)
Yeah, try editing the first post, and then there should be "add poll" somewhere
Edit, I added the poll. Please vote

Lol, it’s already 1 to 1, I feel like the votes are gonna be close

Wow 2 people voted that it shouldn’t be banned. Interesting

3 people!?
I think I can say what I voted for and why:
I choose no, even tho it's a really strong opposite spin tip, having the best LAD in the game, it has the same spin weakness. Now, it's only a good tip, most people use good parts, that's the normal thinking process. You can be creative? Surely, but why be creative when you have Vanish Belial Tapered Drift -3. Drift is OP? Sure. It deserves the ban? Depends, limited? Maybe. Standart? No.
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:19 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: I think I can say what I voted for and why:
I choose no, even tho it's a really strong opposite spin tip, having the best LAD in the game, it has the same spin weakness. Now, it's only a good tip, most people use good parts, that's the normal thinking process. You can be creative? Surely, but why be creative when you have Vanish Belial Tapered Drift -3. Drift is OP? Sure. It deserves the ban? Depends, limited? Maybe. Standart? No.

I actually think limited is fine if it stays, but standard is where it should be banned, but everyone has their reasons
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:21 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:19 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: I think I can say what I voted for and why:

I actually think limited is fine if it stays, but standard is where it should be banned, but everyone has their reasons

Limited is the old beys one (from burst) while standard is everything (with some exceptions)?
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:23 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:21 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I actually think limited is fine if it stays, but standard is where it should be banned, but everyone has their reasons

Limited is the old beys one (from burst) while standard is everything (with some exceptions)?

I know.
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:23 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:23 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: Limited is the old beys one (from burst) while standard is everything (with some exceptions)?

I know.

I was asking... Anyways, its spring is weak right?
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:25 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:23 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I know.

No, drift has a regular spring, it doesn't have a weak one like Bearing does.
The reason drift should be banned is because of its relative ease to control using a DB combo. You get something that has some of the best opposite spin in the game as well as same spin that’s enough to OS Xtend+ sometimes on the right combos. All you have to do for same spin is tilt the launcher and not launch too hard, and you can get decent same spin out of it.
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:29 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:25 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: I was asking... Anyways, its spring is weak right?

No, drift has a regular spring, it doesn't have a weak one like Bearing does.

Oh, then it's better than I thought it was. I guess OP could be right (about the getting banned on standard and not on limited)

Oh, sorry. Yeah limited has all the god beys except reqieum, some turbo beys, and very few Gt layers allowed with the gen weight. And standard, anything is allowed.

It’s not as weak as something like bearing, but not as tight as a dash driver. It’s kinda a bit below average. The spring is a little weak, but not on weak. Like 5/10 maybe.

(Aug. 23, 2021  12:32 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: The reason drift should be banned is because of its relative ease to control using a DB combo. You get something that has some of the best opposite spin in the game as well as same spin that’s enough to OS Xtend+ sometimes on the right combos. All you have to do for same spin is tilt the launcher and not launch too hard, and you can get decent same spin out of it.

EXACTLY! EVERYONE LISTEN TO THIS MAN! This is why drift should be banned!
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:33 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:29 AM)BladerGem Wrote: No, drift has a regular spring, it doesn't have a weak one like Bearing does.

Oh, then it's better than I thought it was. I guess OP could be right (about the getting banned on standard and not on limited)

Ofc, this also isn't taking into account how the Chassis system from Sparking made most beys nearly unburstable due to their design. Slap a double chassis on Tempest, and Drift may as well be a dash driver.
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:39 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:33 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: Oh, then it's better than I thought it was. I guess OP could be right (about the getting banned on standard and not on limited)

Ofc, this also isn't taking into account how the Chassis system from Sparking made most beys nearly unburstable due to their design. Slap a double chassis on Tempest, and Drift may as well be a dash driver.
Well, even bearing becomes a dash driver with that.
I voted to keep drift. I see both sides of the story, but overall I really enjoy using drift same spin (Not so much opposite) and I think that we need to think about the bigger picture. The amount of banned things in standard is zero and adding something to the ban list feels against what standard is for. The meta changes and if you don't want to play with so much drift dominance, play in limited, where I feel that drift is just waiting to be banned. (I want it banned in limited.)
(Aug. 23, 2021  12:52 AM)USN Wrote: I voted to keep drift. I see both sides of the story, but overall I really enjoy using drift same spin (Not so much opposite) and I think that we need to think about the bigger picture. The amount of banned things in standard is zero and adding something to the ban list feels against what standard is for. The meta changes and if you don't want to play with so much drift dominance, play in limited, where I feel that drift is just waiting to be banned. (I want it banned in limited.)

Wasn’t deathscyther, spriggan requiem and maximum Garuda banned at 1 point? The same can happen with drift, but I agree with your points.
Consider a different solution for just a minute.  Let’s look how WBBA is dealing with Drift….well they don’t.  They play the 5G format where Drift can only be on one of your combos.  You must play other combos also.  

Suppose we play WBBA style 3v3 in first stage.  Drift will only be on one of the 3 combos.  Both players can have 1 drift.  Suppose we score all win conditions 1 point, which is what we do now.  This means besides drift, you would have to have played at least 2 other combos to get 3 points.  Is drift so bad than?

In the finals, WBO deck should be a much friendlier environment for specific drift counters.  

It would be nice to avoid banning parts people paid for.  Just curious, if we can lessen the overall effect of drift has in the first stage by, let’s say, playing 3v3 deck , would we still want it banned?  Is it kinda like perhaps the queen in chess doesn’t need a ban then?  I don’t know, I am not good enough at chess to make this comparison probably.  If I am right, would this help to also solve future problem parts?

Just something to think about
(Aug. 23, 2021  1:11 AM)Shindog Wrote: Consider a different solution for just a minute.  Let’s look how WBBA is dealing with Drift….well they don’t.  They play the 5G format where Drift can only be on one of your combos.  You must play other combos also.  

Suppose we play WBBA style 3v3 in first stage.  Drift will only be on one of the 3 combos.  Both players can have 1 drift.  Suppose we score all win conditions 1 point, which is what we do now.  This means besides drift, you would have to have played at least 2 other combos to get 3 points.  Is drift so bad than?

In the finals, WBO deck should be a much friendlier environment for specific drift counters.  

It would be nice to avoid banning parts people paid for.  Just curious, if we can lessen the overall effect of drift has in the first stage by, let’s say, playing 3v3 deck , would we still want it banned?  Is it kinda like perhaps the queen in chess doesn’t need a ban then?  I don’t know, I am not good enough at chess to make this comparison probably.  If I am right, would this help to also solve future problem parts?

Honestly, I think you're 100% correct that a format change would ease a lot of the issues around Drift. I think one of the major issues is that currently, Drift breezes through the prelims, while Drift counters are scarce due to the fear of getting bodied by anything that's not on Drift. I feel that these issues are mostly negated in the finals, as you can pick and choose between different combos and aren't locked into a near-guaranteed loss.
Although I voted for banning Drift, if we were to use a modded WBO Deck/WBBA 3V3 format for first stage, I would be totally against banning it. The reason being is that Drift is only overpowered in single Beyblade format, and swapping to one of the formats listed above would balance it out. Basically what I'm trying to say is, I don't believe Drift is the problem, but rather the first stage format we're using in ranked WBO tournaments.
(Aug. 23, 2021  1:11 AM)Shindog Wrote: Consider a different solution for just a minute.  Let’s look how WBBA is dealing with Drift….well they don’t.  They play the 5G format where Drift can only be on one of your combos.  You must play other combos also.  

This is exactly how I feel. It’s just as I said on the other page and Shindog agreed with on it. The problem isn’t drift itself. It’s the single bey format that we use in the first stage. Over the weekend I hosted a tournament in Silver Springs MD where every round I had to think to myself “What spin rotation is my opponent going to use?” I honestly feel like this is really bad when that’s the first thing I have to think about because I’m worried if they will be on drift with the opposite spin. However, I can say this, the moment the first stage was over and I found myself heading into the top 8 I no longer feared drift. I was comfortable enough that my deck could handle a drift in either spin rotation without a problem. So yes from my own experience and personal feelings after the tournament this weekend, the problem isn’t drift itself but rather the single bey format.
(Aug. 24, 2021  2:32 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:

This is exactly how I feel. It’s just as I said on the other page and Shindog agreed with on it. The problem isn’t drift itself. It’s the single bey format that we use in the first stage. Over the weekend I hosted a tournament in Silver Springs MD where every round I had to think to myself “What spin rotation is my opponent going to use?” I honestly feel like this is really bad when that’s the first thing I have to think about because I’m worried if they will be on drift with the opposite spin. However, I can say this, the moment the first stage was over and I found myself heading into the top 8 I no longer feared drift. I was comfortable enough that my deck could handle a drift in either spin rotation without a problem. So yes from my own experience and personal feelings after the tournament this weekend, the problem isn’t drift itself but rather the single bey format.
True. In deck format, you will usually be able to counter drift. In the first stage is when it’s scary, cause you don’t know what rotation your opponent is in, and there is a high chance they will be in opposite spin on drift, and even same spin drift has a high potential to OS you
TheRogueBlader out of curiosity are you able to make a third choice in the poll that says Change the Single Bey Format”?