Dragon Ball: The Movie

Or they could've just used more chapters for less episodes.
Takao Wrote:Oh well then, hopefully someone gained something from that.

yeah thats news to me.

dragonball z was really bad but at the same time it was really lovable, lol
of course i watched it when i was 7-10
i'd only watch it again for nostalgia
@ Brad- By the time they got to Z that option no longer existed, it was at a point where chapters and episode releases were very close, which is why they stretched material. Which is why I hope that the new special, along with this movie, and the anniversary of the franchise, sparks a remake series.
boooooooo
i think it's a bit late for that
Takao Wrote:@ Brad- By the time they got to Z that option no longer existed, it was at a point where chapters and episode releases were very close, which is why they stretched material. Which is why I hope that the new special, along with this movie, and the anniversary of the franchise, sparks a remake series.

Heaven forbid they just not make some episodes for a while.
That's what Toei is apparently doing with One Piece, but it makes some people angry. Obviously though, Toei didn't have that kind of thinking back then, and didn't want to pull a Naruto Fillers arch of doom.
Takao Wrote:That's what Toei is apparently doing with One Piece, but it makes some people angry.

anime fans are morons
Bey Brad Wrote:Heaven forbid they just not make some episodes for a while.

By taking the show off the air, they lose the timeslot, the advertisers that support the production, and all the animators won't be guaranteed to come back. Often times, it's better to go into filler than to stop making episodes for a while in Japan.

But other times, it'll end up getting the show canceled anyways, like Rurouni Kenshin.
Mr. Toto Wrote:

By taking the show off the air, they lose the timeslot, the advertisers that support the production, and all the animators won't be guaranteed to come back. Often times, it's better to go into filler than to stop making episodes for a while in Japan.

But other times, it'll end up getting the show canceled anyways, like Rurouni Kenshin.

I think Brad may have meant that it show re-runs for awhile and let the artists make more episodes of the same great quality or even better quality. (Sort of like what they do with Avatar)

That was doomed to be canceled anyway. With the minor filller they through in before the Kyoto Arc they said Saito and another Hitokiri who became a teacher were the ones that gave him his scar. It wouldn't really have worked if they adapted the last saga from the manga.

I'm of the opinion filler kills more than it helps. It didn't work that great for Naruto either.

Again I'm still of the opinion Yamcha's actor should be like from the middle east and Goku should be asian simply because of the area Yamcha was in when he joined and Goku because yeah he IS the monkey king. Don't start again with the whole alien carp it's not relevant yet. Was this a Dragon Ball Z movie I might agree with you.
Mr. Toto Wrote:

carp
Oh God, Piccolo is white...
(Sep. 03, 2008  5:09 AM)Takao Wrote: Oh God, Piccolo is white...

Luckily thx to Movie Makeup he can be a Green Piccolo Tongue_out
(Sep. 03, 2008  5:24 PM)Litrid Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2008  5:09 AM)Takao Wrote: Oh God, Piccolo is white...

Luckily thx to Movie Makeup he can be a Green Piccolo Tongue_out

He means they're actually gonna have Piccolo, the character not the actor, being white =/
I like his whole armor suit thingie. But that color, I guess this could be Daimao before he gets his youth back. But I don't know.
(Sep. 03, 2008  8:37 PM)Takao Wrote: I like his whole armor suit thingie. But that color, I guess this could be Daimao before he gets his youth back. But I don't know.

WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!? PICCOLO IS NOT WHITE!!!!!!! NOR DOES HE WEAR carp ARMOR!!!!!!......................I've lost a bit of respect for this movie...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Why do you guys even care anymore? Its obvious this movie is going to be carp trash, so just give up. lol
(May. 16, 2008  8:47 PM)Roy Wrote: You know I like Dragonbal/Z and all (Not GT, that was rubbish) but I really don't think this film is going to work, I mean would it work with Naruto or Bleach or Beyblade for that matter? No I don't think it would so why would this be any different.

Also, they have done a live action Bleach musical. so nerrr!

also, I heard about this movie when I was like 10, It would've taken off if hey had made it then. Not now.

and they've done a Live action death note movie..and it';s better than the series.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA @ piccolo
(May. 16, 2008  8:47 PM)Roy Wrote: You know I like Dragonbal/Z and all (Not GT, that was rubbish) but I really don't think this film is going to work, I mean would it work with Naruto or Bleach or Beyblade for that matter? No I don't think it would so why would this be any different.

A Naruto movie could work.
Bleach too, if they downsize some things.

anyway, piccolo just ruined any chance of this being good
i'll never understand when carp make adaptations, they feel the need to change a character's appearance
(Sep. 04, 2008  11:58 PM)J.P. Black Wrote:

A Naruto movie could work.
Bleach too, if they downsize some things.

anyway, piccolo just ruined any chance of this being good
i'll never understand when carp make adaptations, they feel the need to change a character's appearance

You wouldn't want a live action Naruto movie then. Because he certainly wouldn't be wearing that incredibly tacky orange jumpsuit, and Sakura wouldn't be all pink with her hair and clothes.

FOX is doing damage control by taking all these images from sites. I hope those stills were unfinished because there were rumors of FOX being unpleased with scenes with Piccolo, and wishing to refilm them, but I don't know.
(Sep. 04, 2008  11:58 PM)J.P. Black Wrote: Bleach too, if they downsize some things.

Actually, the creator of Bleach doesn't even think it would be possible. He specifically created the series so that it couldn't be adapted into a movie.

I'm used to Piccolo now, and I'm still excited to see it. Although, now I know why they waited so long to show him...
LMFAO, sorry if this is a repost (didn't bother to look through thread, searching thread didn't show up with anything), BUT THIS IS HILARIOUS, yet somehow cool with the effects and all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHg-NtQs-Hc&NR=1
(Sep. 05, 2008  3:45 AM)Elmo Wrote: LMFAO, sorry if this is a repost (didn't bother to look through thread, searching thread didn't show up with anything), BUT THIS IS HILARIOUS, yet somehow cool with the effects and all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHg-NtQs-Hc&NR=1

Pure gold.