Dragon Ball: The Movie

This looks worse than carp. The one guy who by all rights should be asian and they cast some white guy for Goku. Roshi isn't even bald and Yamacha doesn't look anywhere near as masculine and dirty as he probably should. Now I'm sad.
Yeah because carp Planet Vegeta was in Asia.

anywhos Brad look:

www.dragonballmovieblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/dbgroup1.jpg

Don't feel like uploading it myself, or wasting the site's bandwith. Dude looks like Yamcha, but looks too old IMO. And I'm not feeling the blonde streaks.
Takao Wrote:Yeah because carp Planet Vegeta was in Asia.

anywhos Brad look:

Don't feel like uploading it myself, or wasting the site's bandwith. Dude looks like Yamcha, but looks too old IMO. And I'm not feeling the blonde streaks.

No because the whole story of the monkey king is Chinese. Dragonball original is based off of Journey to the West the epic tale that like EVERYTHING rips off.
Chi Chi was on the real world sandiago XD
Train Wrote:

anywhos Brad look:

No because the whole story of the monkey king is Chinese. Dragonball original is based off of Journey to the West the epic tale that like EVERYTHING rips off.

Is FOX adapting The Journey to the West? I didn't think so. To my knowledge Journey to the West never featured an alien boy, but rather a monkey boy. I don't recall futuristic vehicles in Journey To The West either.

Toriyama's art style is very vague in that it usually doesn't give ethnic features (Racisist characters not included). So yeah, and Goku, is the name that his grandfather gave him, and guess what background Goku's grandfather is? Asian. Which the name has it's ties to.
holy carp it's only dragon ball

chill out, dude
carp's not holy unless a priest blesses it. Which I doubt any sane sober priest would do.

And I'm wound up tight about this movie. Mostly because I frequent daizex's forums, and those people piss me off. They realized there was nothing wrong with a non-asian Goku, so if the most ignorant DragonBall fan can understand that, then I don't know why other people can't.
Takao Wrote:
Train Wrote:

anywhos Brad look:

Is FOX adapting The Journey to the West? I didn't think so. To my knowledge Journey to the West never featured an alien boy, but rather a monkey boy. I don't recall futuristic vehicles in Journey To The West either.

Toriyama's art style is very vague in that it usually doesn't give ethnic features (Racisist characters not included). So yeah, and Goku, is the name that his grandfather gave him, and guess what background Goku's grandfather is? Asian. Which the name has it's ties to.

Thing is before Z he wasn't an alien and neither was Piccolo. Akira has ADMITTED Dragonball Original was Journey to the West inspired. Oolong is based off a character in it as is little puar.. How the hell can you be so bloody dense that you don't understand this? Inu-yasha ripped off Journey to the West too. There was even a Cartoon that ran briefly on Teletoon that was very indepth about the entire story. Secondly FOX did air a cartoon about Journey to the West it was called Monkey King (this cartoon was different from the one Teletoon ran).
I never denied Journey To The West being the basis of DragonBall.I was well aware of Toriyama's influence, even if it completely disapeared later on. But this doesn't change the fact that this film isn't being adapted from The Journey To The West. It's being adapted from DragonBall, a series that never mentioned countries and is very vague in nature. The only times we were given names of places, it was like "East City", or "Penguin Village".

It was never said that Goku was born in the place he was found. What we did know was that he was found by Grandpa Gohan in a place that was based off of Asia. This doesn't mean Goku is Asian, his name is, but he was given that name by an Asian man who found him in the woods. That never meant Goku himself is Asian, which we later found out is true, Goku is a Saiya-Jin from the Planet Vegeta.
Takao Wrote:carp's not holy unless a priest blesses it. Which I doubt any sane sober priest would do.

Serious
O.o?

There's a Dragon Balls Movie?

Who would have thought!
Everlasting_Blader Wrote:O.o?

There's a Dragon Balls Movie?

Who would have thought!

that's it i'm installing some "get out" emoticons
Haha! You go Brad!

But honestly I've known about this for some time. I think it's going to be...goofy with special effects!!
I bet there going to mess it up!
rkayd Wrote:I bet there going to mess it up!

Is it possible to make the Dragonball series worse?
Doompenguin Wrote:
rkayd Wrote:I bet there going to mess it up!

Is it possible to make the Dragonball series worse?

Not really. They've more or less already ran it into the ground.
That's what I thought. Even if the entire movie consisted of two hours of nothing but the entire cast screaming like crazy people, it would still be true to the source material.
Roan Wrote:Not really. They've more or less already ran it into the ground.

This. Is. Truth.

Dragonball Z ceased to be good when Gohan turned teen. It went from being a good anime with some bad episodes, to a bad anime with some good episodes.

This movie is going to be horrible.
Doom Penguin clearly has never watched or read DragonBall. You know, since this isn't an adaptation of Z but rather the story of Goku's child and teenage years. As a hint, Goku never went Super Sayian in this series' span.
Takao Wrote:Doom Penguin clearly has never watched or read DragonBall. You know, since this isn't an adaptation of Z but rather the story of Goku's child and teenage years. As a hint, Goku never went Super Sayian in this series' span.

Dragonball was great.

Dragonball Z... Not so much.

Dragonball GT... hahaha get the carp out.
the show was sick
but they should have let the series die years ago.
Roan Wrote:
Takao Wrote:Doom Penguin clearly has never watched or read DragonBall. You know, since this isn't an adaptation of Z but rather the story of Goku's child and teenage years. As a hint, Goku never went Super Sayian in this series' span.

Dragonball was great.

Dragonball Z... Not so much.

Dragonball GT... hahaha get the carp out.

For the sake of saying it, in Japan all of the manga was known as "DragonBall", but the anime's name was changed to add "Z" durring Goku's adult years.

It's also good to note that little of those stupid "How Many DBZ Characters does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One, but it'll take him 35 episodes" time saver Toei did are not present. Toei only did that(that being making extremely long power up sequences, and fights) because they were only given about 14 pages a week to adapt into a 22 minute show. They needed to A) Extend the Show, or B) write their own carp. They did both, and GT is all B.
I am familiar with all of this, but thanks for the history lesson anyway... I guess?
Oh well then, hopefully someone gained something from that.