Dragon Ball: The Movie

(Sep. 05, 2008  3:45 AM)Elmo Wrote: LMFAO, sorry if this is a repost (didn't bother to look through thread, searching thread didn't show up with anything), BUT THIS IS HILARIOUS, yet somehow cool with the effects and all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHg-NtQs-Hc&NR=1

whoever made this needs to move to japan and make the greatest sentai series of all time
Saiyaman has the best falling scenes ever
Uuuh, this comes out on the same day as Hannah Montana: The Movie. I'm so torn...
(Sep. 25, 2008  12:48 AM)To Wrote: Uuuh, this comes out on the same day as Hannah Montana: The Movie. I'm so torn...

Damn, which one should I see? Pinching_eyes
(Sep. 25, 2008  12:48 AM)To Wrote: Uuuh, this comes out on the same day as Hannah Montana: The Movie. I'm so torn...

well it's pretty much guaranteed to fail now
(Sep. 25, 2008  12:50 AM)Evan Wrote:

Damn, which one should I see? Pinching_eyes

Decisions, decisions...

There is a rumor FOX is planning a video game, and a new TV series for DragonBall, UGH.
The video is no longer available due to a claim by 20th Century Fox. I hate them Argh!
(Sep. 05, 2008  3:51 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2008  3:45 AM)Elmo Wrote: LMFAO, sorry if this is a repost (didn't bother to look through thread, searching thread didn't show up with anything), BUT THIS IS HILARIOUS, yet somehow cool with the effects and all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHg-NtQs-Hc&NR=1

Pure gold.

Absolutely. I saw this fan film a long while ago, and to this day I still think it's carp' great. The costume designs, the actings, the effects... All top notch. The filming is especially remarkable.

Now as for the actual movie itself... I had hoped that it would be at least decent when I first caught ear of it last year... But considering the recently leaked trailer... It's just not possible. I can't imagine how it would have ANY redeeming qualities.

I'm not upset that it's untrue to the original series. I'm mad because they somehow felt the need to exploit a series that had already been milked to death... I don't mind the casting... I don't care about the premise... It's the principle.

Just like many of you guys here on the forums, I started watching DragonBall when I was just a wee lil boy. Because of that, I'm still going to pay for admission and watch the film with no bias (or I'll at least give it an honest attempt...)

I can only hope that eventually, other writers and directors will do the show some carp' justice, and really give back to the DB community. Personally, I'd love to see a live action adaption of DBZ's Android saga as opposed to DB's Lord Piccolo. I wouldn't mind if it started off awkwardly, with everyone training in preparation for the android's arrival. Maybe a quick snippet from the Trunks saga, or a nice lengthy classic intro with that narrator's voice gettin' everyone pumped up. Although I'm sure it would have to be an independent film, as it'd be intended for a smaller, more personal audience...

[/rant]
I have nothing in terms of feeling on this movie. If I wanted a direct adaptation of the Piccolo Daimao arch I'd read the manga instead. I know the story by heart, I'd like something new, and no having a special with Vegeta's carp brother isn't enough for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ejrQNvt7s The trailer looks nothing like the magna or anime. Does anyone know why piccolo isnt even green =x?
Movie of the year 2009, no doubt
(Oct. 06, 2008  9:14 PM)Pinoy Blader Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ejrQNvt7s The trailer looks nothing like the magna or anime. Does anyone know why piccolo isnt even green =x?

Way to fail. I hear making real life look like a cartoon is real hard, never tried though.

And lol, Piccolo is green, you need to check the end of it when he's wearing the hood. Clearly green. Should also be known that this isn't a tailer but a promo reel shown at Film Expos, so what you see here may be different than what's in with Max Payne.
(Oct. 06, 2008  10:11 PM)To Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2008  9:14 PM)Pinoy Blader Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ejrQNvt7s The trailer looks nothing like the magna or anime. Does anyone know why piccolo isnt even green =x?

Way to fail. I hear making real life look like a cartoon is real hard, never tried though.

And lol, Piccolo is green, you need to check the end of it when he's wearing the hood. Clearly green. Should also be known that this isn't a tailer but a promo reel shown at Film Expos, so what you see here may be different than what's in with Max Payne.

lol fo real? Do you know when the real trailer will be out?

I still think Piccolo doesnt look super green like he should. Unless its just the quality of the video ?that makes him look pale.
We are suppoused to get a trailer with Max Payne on the 17th if the CGI work is done before then as FOX said. Funny thing is these were promo reels shown before FOX said the trailer was pending completed CGI. While I can't gurantee it'll be a completely different trailer, for sure it won't say "Coming Soon", it'll say "April 10, 2009".
Ugh, disregard that comment about Max Payne, FOX announced that it won't be making the trailer premiere with it, and that the leaked trailer is not the trailer, again it's the promo reel for licensors. I suspect either re-shoots or CGI for the delay.
Trailer looking for a December date.

http://www.thedragonballmovies.com/2008/...aru-image/

WTF?

This movie is going to be carp, I can handle non-pickle Piccolo but that is not an Oozaru, and Oozaru is a freaking ape, and apes exist in the world we live in. So why does he look like something a Del Torro knock-off came up with? Too much fish.
That just dropped the second "WTF!? BOMB" on my day!

He looks effin retarded! And he's not even going to be giant!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Whats that all about!?
That image just ruined my day. Seriously. Unhappy
what the carp is this carp

Has this been confirmed?
Still looks like a fish mixed with a vampire. But that is an improvement.
here's hoping gackt plays frieza