Draciel F

Perhaps not the most appropriate place to post this, if so, feel free to chastise:

I've found the pockets of the fortress base to be exceptionally flimsy, with a tendency to strain and then completely break off within a few battles. This has occurred with 3 or 4 of the draciels I have owned over the years.

Since a few different articles have mentioned specific weaknesses of different beyblade parts, I felt it was worth mentioning here.
I have had no such problems with my Draciel F, but it does seem plausible. Can anyone else confirm?
Yes, SG Metal Ball suffers this as well, actually, but to a lesser extent. Usually it's more slowly breaking off due to stress than quick impact breakage, but Fortress Base's holders are quite exposed. I suspect a lot of the damage to mine is from forcing so many balls into it for the discussion about legality in this topic, and playing around with that myself in the past as part of my usually tinkering with ridiculous combos (seeing how heavy I could make a plastic, in this case), because that definitely puts strain on them. One of my SG Metal Ball base's ball pockets also shows stress and at one point the end was 'dented' so part of it was poking into the ball area, which caused some disruption until I removed/straightened out the burr - though I suspect that came about back when I was a kid and used to battle on any surface - though that and the tip being trashed (it was replaced eventually by a decent sonokong one) were all the damage amounted to.
I have another version of Draciel F: Coro Coro Limited Edition Magenta Purple Ver.
I felt the article needed an update, particularly the Blade Base section. Please edit/make suggestions as you see fit:

Blade Base (BB): Fortress Base
Weight of BB Only: 12 grams
Weight of BB with 1 set of metal balls (Original Weight): 14 grams
Weight of BB with 2 set of metal balls: 16 grams
Weight of BB with 3 set of metal balls: 18 grams

Whilst being heavier than its predecessor (Draciel S) would suggest superior performance for its main niche, weight-based defence, Draciel F's non-aerodynamic blade base provides worse endurance and a more fragile design. The retainers which hold the ball bearings in place are easily snapped off upon impact, negating the main selling point of the beyblade: its realtively heavy weight.
Incapable of reliably catching the tornado-ridge of Takara Stadia due to its ball tip, it is easily knocked out of the stadium by any competent smash attack beyblade regardless of its ability to hold additional metal ball bearings.
Though being able to house bearing spin gears and the tips of certain dragoon beybades provides for interesting customization options, this provides little real-world benefit.
(Jun. 10, 2014  5:42 PM)Bastion Wrote: I felt the article needed an update, particularly the Blade Base section. Please edit/make suggestions as you see fit:

Blade Base (BB): Fortress Base
Weight of BB Only: 12 grams
Weight of BB with 1 set of metal balls (Original Weight): 14 grams
Weight of BB with 2 set of metal balls: 16 grams
Weight of BB with 3 set of metal balls: 18 grams

Whilst being heavier than its predecessor (Draciel S) would suggest superior performance for its main niche, weight-based defence, Draciel F's non-aerodynamic blade base provides worse endurance and a more fragile design. The retainers which hold the ball bearings in place are easily snapped off upon impact, negating the main selling point of the beyblade: its realtively heavy weight.
Incapable of reliably catching the tornado-ridge of Takara Stadia due to its ball tip, it is easily knocked out of the stadium by any competent smash attack beyblade regardless of its ability to hold additional metal ball bearings.
Though being able to house bearing spin gears and the tips of certain dragoon beybades provides for interesting customization options, this provides little real-world benefit.
Very detailed! Good job!
Hm, it accurately describes the performance knowing that only one set of metal balls is legal, however you did not incorporate the physical description that well. What I would really try doing is keep most of what is in the Beywiki article already but transform it into : "If legal, it would be great for [...]" sentences. You could put those old details at the end, in a whole : "Well, if it wasn't illegal, [...]" paragraph, or mention everything throughout the overall text, for instance : "While this Blade Base filled with four metal balls remains in the centre of the stadium thanks to its metal tip that causes less friction, since only one set of metal balls is legal it gets knocked off the center and cannot catch onto the Tornado Ridge, therefore getting completely knocked out."
I really didn't think it was necessary to explain potential benefits of illegal customizations to be honest, and prefacing each statements with "if legal, then..." seemed a little clumsy.
Its performance is still exceptionally poor even with additional metal balls.

An excerpt from the current article: "The Fortress Base is one of the best Blade Bases for Defense type customizations. SG Oil Ball contains a metal ball with an oil resevoir above it, which makes it an excellent Blade Base for Defense. In fact, due to this round metal tip, it has a tendency to remain in the central area of the stadium in order to avoid attacks."
Completely false.
1. It's a terrible base for defense type customs.
2. Having a metal ball with an oil reservoir doesn't make a beyblade well suited to defense.
3. Round tips are worse than sharp tips for remaining in the centre of the stadium. Draciel beyblades with round ball tips can easily make a full revolution or two around the outer circumference of a standard plastics attack stadium before creeping to the centre (and then getting OHKO'd)

Just while I'm here, where can I find official rulings on additional metal balls? I understand it's illegal for Draciel F, but I'd never heard of a ruling for Draciel S, and I couldn't locate any mention of it in the rulebook.

edit: I only just realised that I hadn't even thought about including a physical description of the part, and focused purely on performance, my mistake.
I've only ever been able to fit two metal balls in Draciel Fortress.
Mine is Hasbro so I don't know if it's that. The SG blocks additional balls I'd assume.
You can see some of the different ways of adding the edditional metal balls on page 5, under th!nk's posts.

On that note, I see no reason for the downgrade from th!nk's article on the Draciel F BB to what is currently written. It's my opinion that his draft featured more accurate information than what is on the beywiki right now (though I am more critical of Draciel F personally)
(Jun. 11, 2014  6:44 PM)Bastion Wrote: You can see some of the different ways of adding the edditional metal balls on page 5, under th!nk's posts.

On that note, I see no reason for the downgrade from th!nk's article on the Draciel F BB to what is currently written. It's my opinion that his draft featured more accurate information than what is on the beywiki right now (though I am more critical of Draciel F personally)

Those two "Gravity Ball" ball holders (I say that because it's like GB145) are fragile and snapped via Dragoon Storm.
(Jun. 11, 2014  9:41 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2014  6:44 PM)Bastion Wrote: You can see some of the different ways of adding the edditional metal balls on page 5, under th!nk's posts.

Those two "Gravity Ball" ball holders (I say that because it's like GB145) are fragile and snapped via Dragoon Storm.

Fragile indeed!
I wrote that they easily snapped off in my draft, and for whatever reason the current articles says it's a great choice for a defensive beyblade...
I REALLY think the Draciel F article needs to be updated, and if my suggestions/draft doesn't suffice, then would someone make recommendations?

The current article is honestly just full of lies.
Why don't you do it yourself instead of pointlessly insulting the people who made the current article.
Seriously..it should include the fragility section.
(Aug. 08, 2014  5:30 PM)Ultra Wrote: Why don't you do it yourself instead of pointlessly insulting the people who made the current article.

Yaaay it's Ultra, everyone's favourite amicable poster.

I'm afraid the concept of "insulting" someone has gone over your head old chum.
Saying that the article has flaws and errors (lies) isn't an insult. If I said the writers of the article were clueless and obnoxious, and had absolutely no idea what they were doing, that would be an insult.

And since I'd much rather have Kai-V's (or another council member's) approval, I'll hold back on that.
Saying an article is full of lies isn't insulting the people who made it? Sounds like an insult to me... At the very least to me it shows disrespect to the members who made it.

I see no reason why you should try and make your own draft now. There's no reason to wait for Kai-V.