Draciel F

The spin up guides do not mention it, however they don't mention it for draciel S's SG Metal Ball either, and using four balls in SG Metal Ball has always been just a natural thing (its design prevents them from shifting and is perfectly spaced to allow two and only two balls in each pocket).

I do not have a Draciel F Instruction sheet or box as I bought mine second hand. My Sonokong Draciel S instruction sheet doesn't mention using four balls in SG Metal Ball though so I doubt the Draciel F Sheet would advertise it for Fortress Base.

The spin up guide books also don't mention using other shafts in any base, fortress base included, though they do show an Ariel with a Dragoon V Tip.
I may/may not still have a crumpled up instruction sheet lying around somewhere, if I can find it, I will provide scans
Hm, I did a quick research of the Japanese sites on the matter. Most are inexistent now, but I did find one that clearly said that Draciel S had space for four metal balls, while Draciel F only had space for two. In other sites, they generally mentioned most of the techniques you tried, th!nk.
Yeah, I figured it'd all be along those lines. I was shocked to hear about more than two balls fitting into fortress base myself as I was very disappointed as a kid by it specifically because I couldn't load it up like SG Metal Ball.

I imagine they would have mentioned the non-beyblade-spec ball thing too, right? Even if they didn't I think Dark_Mousy has one with that done, and I think the poles removed too so I could bug him for pictures of that if you really want, though I don't think it's necessary as it's obviously illegal.
I did not see anything specifically about "foreign" metal balls, if that is what you were referring to, but to me, that would obviously be illegal.
Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. Just mentioned it as I think a misunderstanding of that caused this whole thing.
In Japanese, it is really just "metal ball", without any adjective or whatever ... I did see a comment about fans being disappointed that there were only two balls in Draciel F's base, and that they moved during spin, like GB145. If Takara really advertised the insertion of more metal balls, it might have been because of that huge disappointment ...
Well, they did promote the whole "Reverse Storm Grip's Tip" thing, even using some filler to keep it in place, if required. Apparently that was done because of the huge wear issues of its tiny little tip so it's possible, but that was earlier on.

That said, I've not seen anything and the fact remains they didn't produce any metal balls that could fit into those four holes (well, perhaps Draciel V2's might but they're not legally or physically removable, at least judging by mine, the plastic is glued or fused in place. They look too small to me though).
So, what is left to determine ?
Just whether or not it is legal to use an SG other than SG Oil Ball. I honestly don't think it was intended, but they did used to have "hidden" customizations along those lines (like with Customize Grip Base), and the hole in the base is the perfect size. It's just that the metal balls can float around a bit if hit really hard or launched awkwardly. In the end, I don't think it's worth including an exception to the "SG based tips are swappable" rule just to prevent that, especially as it would remove the only small use the base has.
OK, so you could still only use two metal balls ?
That is how I feel it should be in terms of legality, yes.
That is how it is then. You could still mention the whole ambiguity of adding metal balls as a sub-section, but that officially, this practice cannot be done anymore.
Yeah, I'll definitely mention that in a ruling clarification subsection.

I should be able to get this article done tomorrow or the day after, now that we have a decision. Smile
Thanks for being so quick and responsive with this, by the way.
Are you certain about the name "SG Oil Ball" though ? Is it possible that the name it had in Japanese was "SG Grease Ball" ?
Hope these are good enough.

http://s926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107...aciel%20F/

Sorry they are around 2 years late though haha. 2 or 3 didn't come out perfect, so I can retake any that need to be redone if needed tomorrow.
Ah, while the transparency shows a new dimension of the pieces, I think it would be better to have photographs of opaque parts first.
(Jul. 25, 2012  5:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Are you certain about the name "SG Oil Ball" though ? Is it possible that the name it had in Japanese was "SG Grease Ball" ?

That's very possible, yes. My only reference for part names is BeyWiki's parts list, due to my rather limited Japanese and little access to source materials.

Why do you ask?
I wanted to know what we should consider the "official" name, and I had just remembered that I had seen "SG guriisu booru" when I searched through Japanese sites ...
I would not be surprised were that the real name, and SG Oil Ball took a little liberty with the translation. The lubricant used is definitely closer to grease than actual oil.

I'll check my spin up guide book tomorrow, and see if it has the part name in it.
(Jul. 25, 2012  5:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Ah, while the transparency shows a new dimension of the pieces, I think it would be better to have photographs of opaque parts first.

Sorry, that is the only Draciel F I own. Unless someone else can take pictures.
There are already passable (but not great) pictures up. The grease container is nice to have a photo of though, I don't think that's up there yet.
Feel free to add any and all of the Draciel photos I have posted here. And if you have any requests for the bey in particular, I will try to fulfill them as best as possible.

IMO, only a few of the pics I took should be used. Just 1 or 2 of the bey itself to show a variant, and maybe a picture of the weight disk, AR and BB with the SG ( don't remember if that last one I mentioned was even good)

edit: I didn't take one of the BB and SG together. Again, let me know if anything needs to be redone or if you have requests. Otherwise these are yours to use/to not use as you see fit, but I would prefer if at least one image of the bey itself was up, along with the grease container pic.
Oh, by the way, I can confirm that the SG's name involves Grease, not oil. I'll scan my spin up guide book parts lists tomorrow.
If you see グリース, I believe you, no need to scan, hah.