Dr.Stone Anime/Manga Discussion

this is a thread for chatting about the Dr.Stone anime and manga. If you talk about Manga content that was not in the anime (pretty much just everything during and after stone wars) be sure to put a spoiler warning. And if you're an anime only don't already know, Dr.Stone season 1 has concluded and Season 2 has been confirmed!
[Image: 102576l.jpg]
24 episodes for the first season I see. Definitely gonna give this a watch. Which one is better though? The Sub or Dub?
(Apr. 04, 2020  5:30 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: 24 episodes for the first season I see. Definitely gonna give this a watch. Which one is better though? The Sub or Dub?

I've only personally watched the sub, but from what I've seen the dub is decent. but the sub expresses things like emotions better, like the intensity of someone yelling.

edit: forgot to add, but the dub does include things that the sub doesn't as well, for example one of the characters speaks Pig Latin, but thats not included in the sub.
(Apr. 04, 2020  5:32 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2020  5:30 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: 24 episodes for the first season I see. Definitely gonna give this a watch. Which one is better though? The Sub or Dub?

I've only personally watched the sub, but from what I've seen the dub is decent. but the sub expresses things like emotions better, like the intensity of someone yelling.

edit: forgot to add, but the dub does include things that the sub doesn't as well, for example one of the characters speaks Pig Latin, but thats not included in the sub.

I usually watch the sub anyway, so I guess I’ll watch the sub for this.
I watched the first three episodes of this, and I’ve liked it so far.

I am definitely going to continue to watch this series.
Well, I should’ve done this like a week ago, but whatever.

After watching the first season of Dr. Stone (and currently the only season), here are my thoughts:
Still hoping for season 2 this year ( or maybe early next year), would really help with the boredom.
btw, expected release of season 2 in japan is july 2020.........not confirmed or anything, but given how everything's coming along in a month or 2 seems likely. Then again with Corona coming into the mix, later this year also seems likely. But before Corona is was expected to come next month, so keep that in mind.
Season 2: Stone Wars announced for January 2020
more season 2 art | characters left to right on the bottom:Nikki,Yo,Ukyo
Very cool Chrome panel colored by somebody on the internet (spoiler tag cause its big, no actual spoilers)
Oh... Just found this thread. I LOVE Dr. Stone. Quite sad that season 2 has been delayed for so long.
Ive read some of the manga (like a few chapters) but is the anime any good?
(Aug. 04, 2020  5:36 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Ive read some of the manga (like a few chapters) but is the anime any good?

Both are great. Anime only covers the first 60 chapters, but we're getting season 2 January 2021. And if you're reading or watching it does take a lil bit for it to really start getting good, but not long.
Some simple predictions [minor spoilers regarding arc names]

Dr Stone Season 2
Arcs: Stone Wars, Treasure Island part 1
Air Date: January 10th
Dub Air Date: September 4th, 2021
Special feature (includes season 2 sneak peak at the end)
(Dec. 03, 2020  3:17 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: AYYEEEEEEEEEEE SNOC IS BACK

He recently left
(Dec. 03, 2020  3:17 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2020  3:17 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: AYYEEEEEEEEEEE SNOC IS BACK

He recently left

Again?
Dr Stone is one of the many anime and manga that will be featured at this years Jump Festa. Hoping for a Stone Wars trailer.

An opening reveal would also be nice