Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments?

Poll: Do you think we should have a WBO tournament with teams

Yes, there should be a tournament with teams
84.07%
No, we should not have a tournament with teams
5.21%
Maybe
10.73%
Total: 100% 634 vote(s)
that would be awesome, it would just like the old beyblade show
(Feb. 12, 2011  2:12 AM)dracofrancis Wrote: what kind of teams?
like in old beyblade? pick 1 player to go against another?
or all at the same time?
i'd love teams like in the old beyblade!
but at the same time that would be a terrible idea
Like in the old beyblade were you pick 1 player to play against another.
yes, 'cuz I have a solution to the power problem: build your own teams! Tongue_out
thats a good idea i want teams lets vote i say yes whooooooooooossssssssss wwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiittttttthhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i like the idea and want this to happen but what if your teammate's bey hits your bey and knocks yours out instead of your opponent's. that will just make a loss for you
Silver, this is about team matches as in. 1 ON 1, Only you pick who faces who and stuff
Just imagine the first season of beyblade, and how tyson and the others were a TEAM, but they only fought 1 on 1 matches. It even says it on the top of this page Uncertain
I think team battles should be allowed.........
each member goes one on one and the team with the most wins bags the match!!!!!
they should have tag teams because if one losses they other one might win.
i agree with Cye Kinomiya and Tyson435 on the tag team tournaments
team tournaments does sound like a good idea
The idea of teams do sound a bit interesting. But it would be too confusing with Round Robin and all that, so maybe with double elimination it would be decent.

But the thing that's really hard to do is the Beypoints.
It's really confusing for hosts and the Committee to calculate them for teams, unless you play for prizes and not beypoints.
wat about a random partner like a hat selection so it would be like u still have to depend on yourself becuase u dont no yuor partners strategy
(Feb. 22, 2011  2:53 AM)beybladewrecker Wrote: wat about a random partner like a hat selection so it would be like u still have to depend on yourself becuase u dont no yuor partners strategy

Sounds awsome
I think team tournaments would be a great idea, actually. It promotes training and practice, along with additional testing. Then you go into more of a mind game for deception. In the New York community, a lot of us know how the other plays so you'd have to pair your teammates up with your opponent accordingly. It goes past using knowledge of parts to win the game; now you have to know the way your opponent plays and how the team might select their next blader.

It would be pretty cool to see the WBO sanction a full team tournament one day.

(Feb. 22, 2011  2:28 AM)Pyro Wrote: But the thing that's really hard to do is the Beypoints.
It's really confusing for hosts and the Committee to calculate them for teams, unless you play for prizes and not beypoints.
If there's enough interest, maybe there can be a team ranking added to the beypoint system.
As was brought forward earlier in this topic, when processing the battles in the Beypoint System, the points and matches would still only be individual. As far as I know nothing at all would represent the teams formed between Bladers.
(Feb. 22, 2011  5:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote: As was brought forward earlier in this topic, when processing the battles in the Beypoint System, the points and matches would still only be individual. As far as I know nothing at all would represent the teams formed between Bladers.
But the WBO would sanction a team tournament using the Beypoint system?
A tournament sounds like a good idea.
(Feb. 22, 2011  5:47 PM)Deikailo Wrote: But the WBO would sanction a team tournament using the Beypoint system?

So basically you just want the Committee to say "OK" to a team tournament, but in practice nothing else would change because battles would still be seen as individual ?
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2011  5:47 PM)Deikailo Wrote: But the WBO would sanction a team tournament using the Beypoint system?

So basically you just want the Committee to say "OK" to a team tournament, but in practice nothing else would change because battles would still be seen as individual ?
No, I didn't think the committee would say okay to that. I'm not sure how it would work. Is it really that simple?
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:08 PM)Deikailo Wrote: No, I didn't think the committee would say okay to that. I'm not sure how it would work. Is it really that simple?
I am just saying that even if you do a team tournament, battles will be processed as if they were done individually, probably as if it were a Single Elimination or a very odd format, because that is how the Beypoint System only works. Is that what you are all asking us to do ?
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:08 PM)Deikailo Wrote: No, I didn't think the committee would say okay to that. I'm not sure how it would work. Is it really that simple?
I am just saying that even if you do a team tournament, battles will be processed as if they were done individually, probably as if it were a Single Elimination or a very odd format, because that is how the Beypoint System only works. Is that what you are all asking us to do ?
Yeah, pretty much. Single Elimination tournament, but instead of writing down each player, you write down team names. Best of three matches makes a team advance to the next round. Like the show, I suppose.

It's also a good way to promote for newer bladers. I've noticed people coming through the door more often in pairs. If there was a team tournament, they'd have to scramble for a third player, probably a newer blader who could be coaxed into playing more often.
But basically you just want us to introduce a new sort of format, just like Round Robin and Block Round Robin ? The difference will be during the play, not afterwards with the results ?
where will it be and also it sounds a little like a gang war in a way and will it be a team vs team or team member vs team member then the winning member from each team battle in a royal or what
Fictitious scenario:

Four teams enter - Green, Yellow, Red, Blue (each have 3 players)

Brackets are randomized as...green vs. red, blue vs. yellow

Tournament plays out as follows, winners on the left.

---Round One---
green 1 vs. red 1
red 2 vs. green 2
red 3 vs. green 3
blue 1 vs. yellow 1
blue 2 vs. yellow 2
blue 3 vs. yellow 3

so blue and red advance to the finals (round 2)
---Round 2---
red 1 vs. blue 1
blue 2 vs. red 2
red 3 vs. blue 3

So red wins. To distribute faces, the team then battles each other in a round robin to determine who ranks in what place.
red 1 vs. red 2
red 2 vs. red 3
red 1 vs. red 3

Red 1 wins first, red 2 wins second, and red three wins third.

I think that's how it would play out, and then the results would be processed like that.
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:40 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Fictitious scenario:

Four teams enter - Green, Yellow, Red, Blue (each have 3 players)

Brackets are randomized as...green vs. red, blue vs. yellow

Tournament plays out as follows, winners on the left.

---Round One---
green 1 vs. red 1
red 2 vs. green 2
red 3 vs. green 3
blue 1 vs. yellow 1
blue 2 vs. yellow 2
blue 3 vs. yellow 3

so blue and red advance to the finals (round 2)
---Round 2---
red 1 vs. blue 1
blue 2 vs. red 2
red 3 vs. blue 3

So red wins. To distribute faces, the team then battles each other in a round robin to determine who ranks in what place.
red 1 vs. red 2
red 2 vs. red 3
red 1 vs. red 3

Red 1 wins first, red 2 wins second, and red three wins third.

I think that's how it would play out, and then the results would be processed like that.

I like this format. I also like the idea of team tournaments. It would promote more gameplay and united play. This way, people will be more eager to go out and practice and tournaments would be so one-sided.