Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments?

Poll: Do you think we should have a WBO tournament with teams

Yes, there should be a tournament with teams
84.07%
No, we should not have a tournament with teams
5.21%
Maybe
10.73%
Total: 100% 634 vote(s)
(Feb. 22, 2011  11:06 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I like this format. I also like the idea of team tournaments. It would promote more gameplay and united play. This way, people will be more eager to go out and practice and tournaments would be so one-sided.
Yeah, since we know you're so untouchable, we'll just annihilate your teammates instead.
(Feb. 22, 2011  11:13 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2011  11:06 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I like this format. I also like the idea of team tournaments. It would promote more gameplay and united play. This way, people will be more eager to go out and practice and tournaments would be so one-sided.
Yeah, since we know you're so untouchable, we'll just annihilate your teammates instead.

LOL that would be interesting to see. My teammates are like clones of me for the most part so I don't know how that will work out but we can see.

Besides that, I think team tournaments would be a great idea. People can get into it more if they know they have something to represent other than themselves and having people to cheer them on. I know quite a few bladers who are AMAZING but lack confidence and motivation.
(Feb. 22, 2011  11:20 PM)Bluezee Wrote: LOL that would be interesting to see. My teammates are like clones of me for the most part so I don't know how that will work out but we can see.

Besides that, I think team tournaments would be a great idea. People can get into it more if they know they have something to represent other than themselves and having people to cheer them on. I know quite a few bladers who are AMAZING but lack confidence and motivation.
I only Beyblade because of the players. If it wasn't for such a lively and supportive community, I'd be long gone. I know many others who get back into the game for the people and not the game itself so can totally feel you there.
(Feb. 22, 2011  11:26 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2011  11:20 PM)Bluezee Wrote: LOL that would be interesting to see. My teammates are like clones of me for the most part so I don't know how that will work out but we can see.

I only Beyblade because of the players. If it wasn't for such a lively and supportive community, I'd be long gone. I know many others who get back into the game for the people and not the game itself so can totally feel you there.

That's why I am glad you still play. If you, ikmv, or Cye were not around, I wouldnt really have anyone to give me a challenge. If you all had a team though, that would make it even more awesome because at some point, all of you may be near equal in skill and it will be like clones of the leader in each team, making more competiton and better tournaments.
I think this idea is great. Do you think if we got Kai-V's permission, we could try it out at the next tournament?
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:40 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Fictitious scenario:

Four teams enter - Green, Yellow, Red, Blue (each have 3 players)

Brackets are randomized as...green vs. red, blue vs. yellow

Tournament plays out as follows, winners on the left.

---Round One---
green 1 vs. red 1
red 2 vs. green 2
red 3 vs. green 3
blue 1 vs. yellow 1
blue 2 vs. yellow 2
blue 3 vs. yellow 3

so blue and red advance to the finals (round 2)
---Round 2---
red 1 vs. blue 1
blue 2 vs. red 2
red 3 vs. blue 3

So red wins. To distribute faces, the team then battles each other in a round robin to determine who ranks in what place.
red 1 vs. red 2
red 2 vs. red 3
red 1 vs. red 3

Red 1 wins first, red 2 wins second, and red three wins third.

I think that's how it would play out, and then the results would be processed like that.

This is basically what I was imagining in my head.
The only thing that needs to be noted, is that a referee should be there to record every battle and take down the participants.

Team battling promotes the idea of sportsmanship in a way. For a first timer, I would rather have the idea of having teammates, then playing for myself.
(Feb. 23, 2011  12:27 AM)Pyro Wrote: This is basically what I was imagining in my head.
The only thing that needs to be noted, is that a referee should be there to record every battle and take down the participants.

Team battling promotes the idea of sportsmanship in a way. For a first timer, I would rather have the idea of having teammates, then playing for myself.
But we have judges recording every battle anyway or at least in NY we do.

It would be great for younger kids, too, because then they can learn and grow together. I think parents would be more willing to take their kids to tournaments if they knew it was for competing teams. That means it would play more like a sport.
I meant that they should be concentrate a bit more, just cause it's a tad bit more confusing with team battles.
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:40 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Fictitious scenario:

Four teams enter - Green, Yellow, Red, Blue (each have 3 players)

Brackets are randomized as...green vs. red, blue vs. yellow

Tournament plays out as follows, winners on the left.

---Round One---
green 1 vs. red 1
red 2 vs. green 2
red 3 vs. green 3
blue 1 vs. yellow 1
blue 2 vs. yellow 2
blue 3 vs. yellow 3

so blue and red advance to the finals (round 2)
---Round 2---
red 1 vs. blue 1
blue 2 vs. red 2
red 3 vs. blue 3

So red wins. To distribute faces, the team then battles each other in a round robin to determine who ranks in what place.
red 1 vs. red 2
red 2 vs. red 3
red 1 vs. red 3

Red 1 wins first, red 2 wins second, and red three wins third.

I think that's how it would play out, and then the results would be processed like that.
why not four members per team and each team member on his/her own and the rounds are random
(Feb. 23, 2011  6:37 PM)the blader man Wrote: why not four members per team and each team member on his/her own and the rounds are random
matches or rounds? Because the rounds should already be random.

You could have four, but you'd have to bench a player if that's the case. That gets a little complicated.
yes we should have such tournaments so that if one blader loses so other can take the team to next match
(Feb. 24, 2011  12:07 PM)prakhar1004 Wrote: yes we should have such tournaments so that if one blader loses so other can take the team to next match

yah and why only 4 teams and the way i think it should work is each member of a team goes on there own and then battle in like blocks if there was 4 teams it would be like this
red 1--blue 1
green 1--yellow 1

red 2--green 1
blue 1--yellow 1

and so on
(Feb. 24, 2011  6:47 PM)the blader man Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2011  12:07 PM)prakhar1004 Wrote: yes we should have such tournaments so that if one blader loses so other can take the team to next match

yah and why only 4 teams and the way i think it should work is each member of a team goes on there own and then battle in like blocks if there was 4 teams it would be like this
red 1--blue 1
green 1--yellow 1

red 2--green 1
blue 1--yellow 1

and so on

ya its also good and thanks
(Feb. 24, 2011  6:47 PM)the blader man Wrote:

red 1--blue 1
green 1--yellow 1

red 2--green 1
blue 1--yellow 1

and so on
I don't understand this. What's the 2?
Yes team tornaments worldwide think about it it would be beast
when they say team tournments they dont mean everybody rip at once it means 1 team vs another team it goes 1 member of each team vs and who ever wins the most out of the 4 members andanvce on to the nexts round like you vs me then other ppl on the team vs dosent anyone watch the first three seasons of beyblade... It would be like this 2 teams old school vs new school

kie vs Kyoya = kie wins so 1 point for old school

Max vs Kenta = kenta wins so 1 point for new school

Ray vs Benkai Ray wins 1 point for Old school

Tyson vs Ginka Tyson wins so old school wins the round

Then they advance on to the nexts round and u wint have to do all 4 battle if once team won the first 3 matches

the ruls would stay the same cuz its still 1 on 1 but they would be representing for there team
and for the bey point system thing you can have individuals and teams so lets say Kie V is number one individual blader on the wbo but my team is the number one team in wbo and the way they get points is if my team wins the whole round then we get the same amout of points if I wear to batle one person in a singles tournament
(Mar. 02, 2011  1:49 AM)WestSideBoyz Wrote: and for the bey point system thing you can have individuals and teams so lets say Kie V is number one individual blader on the wbo but my team is the number one team in wbo and the way they get points is if my team wins the whole round then we get the same amout of points if I wear to batle one person in a singles tournament

That is not how the Beypoint System works at all ... Not only is it automatic, but it depends how many Beypoints your opponents had.

tkoextreme Wrote:they should have a 4 way battle

Never. At least suggest something reasonable ...
am saying thats how the team system should work
This could really lead to bias in tournaments though. For example if rayon and I were to make a team together and get any other bladed, the chances are really against any other team winning in Sydney and mean a a lot less battles per person, thus exposing beybladers to less styles of blading. The rivalry between teams can also lead to a more secluded bey community for new bladders rather than growing one, while "team secrets" and such could also inhibitcommunication between teams in team tournaments.
(Mar. 02, 2011  3:46 AM)momiji manju Wrote: This could really lead to bias in tournaments though. For example if rayon and I were to make a team together and get any other bladed, the chances are really against any other team winning in Sydney and mean a a lot less battles per person, thus exposing beybladers to less styles of blading. The rivalry between teams can also lead to a more secluded bey community for new bladders rather than growing one, while "team secrets" and such could also inhibitcommunication between teams in team tournaments.
i don't know about you, but I would be hesitant to pair up with a blader that I don't think I could beat at the end of the tournament. I'd choose my teammates based on how they may grow with me rather than if they already beat everyone else. Even though bluezee wins every tournament, I would never join up with him. In fact, i'd build a team to counter his team.where is the fun without a challenge?

new york rarely discusses each other's main combos so there is no change there. We only discuss what has been previously been played
(Mar. 02, 2011  3:46 AM)momiji manju Wrote: This could really lead to bias in tournaments though. For example if rayon and I were to make a team together and get any other bladed, the chances are really against any other team winning in Sydney and mean a a lot less battles per person, thus exposing beybladers to less styles of blading. The rivalry between teams can also lead to a more secluded bey community for new bladders rather than growing one, while "team secrets" and such could also inhibitcommunication between teams in team tournaments.

dont you think it would be exciting to watch to rival teams vs each other image this
the score is tide as 2 2 the two team captains are the only person the world championships is on the line final battle and you know that these two guys (or girls ) dont like each other at all and this battle will decide the final results winning team gets bragging rights and world championships lets say your the guy who wins and you turn around and your team jumping up and down cuz you won and you look at everyones face and they look like Stupid or :dj2002
(Mar. 02, 2011  3:57 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
i don't know about you, but I would be hesitant to pair up with a blader that I don't think I could beat at the end of the tournament. I'd choose my teammates based on how they may grow with me rather than if they already beat everyone else. Even though bluezee wins every tournament, I would never join up with him. In fact, i'd build a team to counter his team.where is the fun without a challenge?

new york rarely discusses each other's main combos so there is no change there. We only discuss what has been previously been played

true, but the most fun, arguably, comes form winning, that's what everybody aims for.

If one team is simply comprised of the best players that completely annihilates the chances of other teams.

I'm not saying I would, or accusing anybody of rigging the games or anything, but to implement something you should consider the worst as well as the best.

All the points of comeraderie and friendship/growing of the community, there are equal possibilities of seclusion through team rivalry.
(Mar. 02, 2011  12:55 PM)momiji manju Wrote: All the points of comeraderie and friendship/growing of the community, there are equal possibilities of seclusion through team rivalry.

In the UK we have teams and often joke about it at tournaments. Though I'd say belonging to a team has helped those bladers who played solo improve and build relationships with other teams through mutual links. One such example would be: I am friends with aron101 who is in Team GalaxyStorm, through him, I have been able to have a greater relationship with ThePokeBlader despite never having battled him.
but none of you are rivals with one another in competitive scene.