Deikailo's Ban.

(Apr. 02, 2012  8:16 PM)Shinn Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  8:14 PM)royalkingdom510 Wrote: So who will host the tournaments for New York or will we even have tournaments in New York?

Someone else will have to step up to take the initiative.
But Ican only wonder who because not to sound selfish but I've only been to one tournament and if theres no more for New York that would suck for alot of people.

So then why not you?
Read my post above more carefuly Kai-V and your defensivness will seem unnecisary.
Edit: Kai-V's edit: You are correct Smile
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:06 PM)royalkingdom510 Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  8:16 PM)Shinn Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  8:14 PM)royalkingdom510 Wrote: So who will host the tournaments for New York or will we even have tournaments in New York?

Someone else will have to step up to take the initiative.
But Ican only wonder who because not to sound selfish but I've only been to one tournament and if theres no more for New York that would suck for alot of people.

Uhh,its been made clear that the ban of one member will not lead to the collapse of the whole New York community.There will be tournaments for sure. If not,I will personally fly there and make someXD
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:08 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Read my post above more carefuly Kai-V and your defensivness will seem unnecisary.

Had you seen my edit to my previous post before you wrote this, hah ? This is too confusing ...

Anyway, also, as I wrote earlier in this thread, I definitely plan on closing this and nobody here wants to make a martyr out of Deikailo. We had to ban her, and people would have required us to explain why anyway, so we did, and I agree with you that there is no need to keep this up any longer after a while.
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:10 PM)SarabScientist Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:06 PM)royalkingdom510 Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  8:16 PM)Shinn Wrote: Someone else will have to step up to take the initiative.

Uhh,its been made clear that the ban of one member will not lead to the collapse of the whole New York community.There will be tournaments for sure. If not,I will personally fly there and make someXD
Awsome I wish some tournaments would happen during spring break because I would love to battle other people during that week.

I edited my post as well, and I did not see your edit until after my edit. Haha, yes it is a bit confusing

I am glad to here it. I wish you and the committee smooth sailing regarding this situation with the remainder of the community's responses
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:14 PM)royalkingdom510 Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:10 PM)SarabScientist Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:06 PM)royalkingdom510 Wrote: But Ican only wonder who because not to sound selfish but I've only been to one tournament and if theres no more for New York that would suck for alot of people.

Awsome I wish some tournaments would happen during spring break because I would love to battle other people during that week.

Yeah,thats great.But since Hazel and other mods are monitoring this thread realy closely,I'd suggest not going off topic Smile
Hmm, I can definitely see why Deikailo was banned. Although, if this has been going on for months, the Committee is much more lenient than I would be. Deikailo, although she might have been a valued member of the community previously, probably won't be missed much by the majority of members at this point. It also seems, to me at least, interesting that the two most prominent members on the United States east coast have been banned, for causing problems with tournaments, among other things. That's just me, I honestly don't care too much.
I think you underestimate how much/by how many she will be missed, to an almost dismissive level...
No, I don't think I do. I understand that she was almost the cornerstone of the Atlantic coast, but I also know that, because she is banned and there is no use ruminating on the past like that, people will move on. Sure, this is going to be a raw spot in the "history" of the WBO. But, so was when Brad left. People will move on.
It should not be interpreted, of course, that we are dismissing her presence(even though you are likely replying to Odin, I am just speaking in general at this point) - I only really even stayed on the WBO because of Deikailo, in the beginning, and I did used to look up to her, and still admire her former dedication to this Organization.

Learning of, and watching this whole ordeal, literally from beginning to end, was difficult for me at first, but eventually it comes to a point where you realize things just need to be done.
Do you not think that in her time here she perhaps made a lot of friends, especially in the communities she helped establish in one way or another? She is popular enough to warrant the creation of this topic, at the least...

Hazel: I'm talking to Odin. I can understand how you feel, but yeah.
I have one thing to say about her:
Dayum Shame.
Just seems to bad to be true....
This makes me ever the sadder to come back to this forum in hope, but to find this.
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: Do you not think that in her time here she perhaps made a lot of friends, especially in the communities she helped establish in one way or another? She is popular enough to warrant the creation of this topic, at the least...

Do you think I'm an idiot? Of course I understand that she's made friends. She, from my understanding, basically started the New York area's tournament "flow" singlehandedly. However, just because of the fact that she has established all these communities, and that she's "popular" enough to warrant a News topic about the ban, I do not believe that that is a reason to say that she is not going to be forgotten eventually. I'm not trying to knock Dei's achievements down, in fact, I do applaud her for all she's done (she's one of the reasons why I'm on this site today, as well). That doesn't mean that I'm not going to agree with this ban, or state my opinion about it.
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:38 PM)Odin Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: Do you not think that in her time here she perhaps made a lot of friends, especially in the communities she helped establish in one way or another? She is popular enough to warrant the creation of this topic, at the least...

Do you think I'm an idiot? Of course I understand that she's made friends. She, from my understanding, basically started the New York area's tournament "flow" singlehandedly. However, just because of the fact that she has established all these communities, and that she's "popular" enough to warrant a News topic about the ban, I do not believe that that is a reason to say that she is not going to be forgotten eventually. I'm not trying to knock Dei's achievements down, in fact, I do applaud her for all she's done (she's one of the reasons why I'm on this site today, as well). That doesn't mean that I'm not going to agree with this ban, or state my opinion about it.

Now, now, let's not make this too personal...

Do you think all the people she's touched, bought tournaments to, all the friends she's made, will forget her?
holy carp

don't know what to say other than a bad call to make it public like this guys.
I mean, why?

You'll see why if you read the entire thread.

If we had not, there would've been a literal riot.
I think the key words of Dan's post were "like this". Wink
(Apr. 02, 2012  9:45 PM)Dan Wrote: holy carp

don't know what to say other than a bad call to make it public like this guys.
I mean, why?
I agree with you Dan.

A whole topic on a member leaving, that did not have many posts, hardly on.
Why make such a big deal. I know she was a good member (for a while) but its just making everyone turn against each other from what I have seen.

(Apr. 02, 2012  9:46 PM)th!nk Wrote: I think the key words of Dan's post were "like this". Wink

Indeed they were, Th!nk mah boi!

Definitely seems like the worst way to go about it seeing as this looks like a giant heap of inflammation. (foreseeable, but you have your reasons to do this) So yeah, I'll read through the entire thread and see the reasoning behind this 'thing'.

:c
I thought someone stated she was never really online. Sorry, I guess I should have checked.
She has not been as active in the last few months as she was previously.