Deikailo's Ban.

I don't think what I said was fully understood by anyone except Hazel. I'm saying that to hold out on paying the WBO when hosting a tournament under their name is a severe infraction and should be punished, but Kai V's fourth point in the OP was talking about how Deikailo pocketed the money for an event she hosted outside the WBO's umbrella. I just meant that I don't think there's a problem with how she uses the money she earned when hosting a tournament that isn't under the WBO.

And, as th!nk mentioned, she didn't really pocket the money for herself, she used it to pay for the domain name and most likely cover the costs she incurred hosting the tournament. I think volunteers should be re-imbursed... it's tough work hosting a tournament.
I don't think Kai-V brought that up as an infraction so much as it being against the spirit of the WBO, and a character trait that people should be suspicious of. It is true, however, that Deikailo submitted fraudulent WBO financial records in an attempt to not have to pay any of the dues back to the WBO. Deikailo stole money from the WBO. There's no doubt about that.

Deikailo hosting her own tournaments for profit isn't against any rules as far as I know -- it's just disgusting.
(Apr. 02, 2012  7:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: Were the statements you refer to, her encouragement of others to not pay the due fees, made a reasonable amount of time after the beypoint queue/wait for tournaments to be process had shrunk significantly (when Arupaeo did a lot of work on processing)?

I would say that between November and mid-January, we tried to contact her on several instances, and Arupaeo even texted/called her, but we only got the results when she finally decided to show up at one of the late January events held by Arupaeo. She simply gave the notebooks to him, untreated, and believe me, that system was a huge mess. I have no idea how Arupaeo did it, but you would probably form a headache if you saw those results before he sorted through them ...

So, in late December, she encouraged people to keep the money for themselves, while we were not holding up any of her events, and she was the only one doing it ...
Zain: If we were reimbursed, we wouldn't have any of the monthly giveaways, or new additions to the site, let alone the organization itself.

Even with a partial reimbursement, I'm sure we wouldn't get those things as often as we do now.
(Apr. 02, 2012  7:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2012  7:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: Were the statements you refer to, her encouragement of others to not pay the due fees, made a reasonable amount of time after the beypoint queue/wait for tournaments to be process had shrunk significantly (when Arupaeo did a lot of work on processing)?

I would say that between November and mid-January, we tried to contact her on several instances, and Arupaeo even texted/called her, but we only got the results when she finally decided to show up at one of the late January events held by Arupaeo. She simply gave the notebooks to him, untreated, and believe me, that system was a huge mess. I have no idea how Arupaeo did it, but you would probably form a headache if you saw those results before he sorted through them ...

So, in late December, she encouraged people to keep the money for themselves, while we were not holding up any of her events, and she was the only one doing it ...

Mm, well, that's not good.

She didn't have anything to say last I spoke with her, I did get the feeling she didn't want to defend herself here, I guess she was leaving anyway, but yeah. If she doesn't want to, then I don't really have any further complaints, though I will let you know if she gives me some sort of explanation to post.

Anyway, it's still a shame to see her go, in any form, from what I heard her tournaments were always enjoyable, and she did set a few standards (some good, some at least clarified the rules I guess), and she is a good friend.

brad: I'm almost certain she didn't profit off the tournaments hosted outside the WBO, all the money went towards the domain name and monthly hosting cost of the site, similar to the WBO.
From what we know, she was expecting to be banned, really ...
(Apr. 02, 2012  7:42 PM)Primal Wrote: Zain: If we were reimbursed, we wouldn't have any of the monthly giveaways, or new additions to the site, let alone the organization itself.

Even with a partial reimbursement, I'm sure we wouldn't get those things as often as we do now.

If tournament hosters were reimbursed, would people not be more willing to host tournaments? Sure, we may lose out on the monthly give aways but there would be more tournaments to attend, and I think generally more people would prefer that. Plus, the prizes at the tournaments would probably be better. Maybe that's why Deikailo kept the money for herself, to host a better tournament.

Brad Wrote:I don't think Kai-V brought that up as an infraction so much as it being against the spirit of the WBO, and a character trait that people should be suspicious of. It is true, however, that Deikailo submitted fraudulent WBO financial records in an attempt to not have to pay any of the dues back to the WBO. Deikailo stole money from the WBO. There's no doubt about that.

Deikailo hosting her own tournaments for profit isn't against any rules as far as I know -- it's just disgusting.

Ya, the fraudulent financial records are ban-worthy, I just felt that her keeping the money is not as big a deal seeing as how th!nk mentioned she used it to pay for her domain name/website costs, and the rest probably went to covering the cost of the prizes, travel and other stuff like that, which isn't too bad

but she was keeping the money from WBO events, not just her own events.
(Apr. 02, 2012  7:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: From what we know, she was expecting to be banned, really ...

She did mention something similar in jest, but I don't think the banning part of this is a huge concern to her, even just based on how little she has posted recently.

brad: Which is certainly ban-worthy, some more context might be helpful but there's not much that could truly mitigate that.
I know, I just thought that the 4th point in the OP shouldn't have been part of the reason for her ban. The second point of 'Withholding of WBO funds from official WBO events' is not one that I'm arguing against
I would say that being a tournament organiser -- and therefore, a volunteer for the WBO -- whilst willingly subverting the WBO's policies and encouraging others to do the same for personal profit is certainly ban-worthy. But of course, I had no hand in this.
Zain, it was really more of an "insult to injury" move, to us - like I said, it felt like betrayal. Even if she had not done it, she still over-qualified for a ban, but it warranted mention, in our eyes.
She justified the site thing pretty well tbh, it wasn't meant to compete directly with the WBO in any area that would significantly harm us, and certainly nowhere outside her rights anyway, though I do understand the hurt you might have felt.

Still, I don't think making allegations about what she did with the funds there is really fair, given it's pretty obvious that you don't have the full picture about that at all.

Again, this is just in relation to that point, and nothing else.
So who will host the tournaments for New York or will we even have tournaments in New York?
(Apr. 02, 2012  8:14 PM)royalkingdom510 Wrote: So who will host the tournaments for New York or will we even have tournaments in New York?

Someone else will have to step up to take the initiative.
Someone will have to step up and take her place. But I'm pretty sure there's other hosts in New York.

EDIT: Beaten by Shinn.
Deikailo did teach a lot of people to host. Hopefully one of them can take up the mantle now...
We had a tournament in NYC in February hosted by someone else, and I'm sure that other NY Bladers are ready to step up and keep the tournament scene active as well. Be sure to read the event guide, and feel free to make your proposals!
I do not like the fact that the WBO made it a point to basicly humiliate and ruin her name on the internet. That itself is just wrong.

However, it is important for the community to know who they can trust, and who they simply cannot. That said, I would have liked it if the WBO was able to inform us of these exploits in a much more mature manner, and in a way that kept the intamite details of the situation to a more private matter.

As such, I am a bit disapointed with certain aspects of the way the WBO handeled this situation. However I am grateful for being told about this misuse of power by who we all thought was, or atleast once was, a highly respected community member.

My only advice for the comitee is to handel such situations in the future a bit more delicatly and with respect for others well being. While Deikailo definatly violated your respect and trust, this does not grant you the same right to do so, even to a lesser extent than what she did. As for her, in the end, she simply just got what was coming to her, and despite her wrongdoings, her side of the story should have been represented here, even though she is still wrong in how she acted.
I actually agree with Leon, as much as it makes me look like a 'yes man'.
This matter is being handled as delicate as possible. Any less transparency would generate a lot more drama. It is a serious matter after all..

I try to be impartial as much as possible, it is in my character. This difficult decision truly saddened me since I'm friends with her outside of WBO, but the reasoning behind this decision far outweighed all else. Given the facts, it is fair and just. I have accepted the fact that perhaps Deikailo's priorities and principals are no longer with WBO.

I wish her all the best for her future endeavors, and guys, there's no need to salt the wound per se. As much as how the Committees are being transparent about this, you should all respect the decision and let it sink for a bit.
Keep in mind that we really do not intend, with this, to "humiliate and ruin her name" or anything similar; we are simply laying out the exact reasons we are banning her, as the community would've demanded absolutely nothing less of us. As much as it may seem like we're airing dirty laundry to some, be sure that these are actually the most basic facts, and that all of the truly "intimate" details will remain so unless she tells people about them on her own time, as we did not feel it our place to go that far.
Had this been posted yesterday,I would've totally taken it as a joke.But it is real,it happened right before my eyes;the 53 faced member is gone.I would've personally liked to quote all the statements and reply to each and everyone of them,but Hazel would've probably given me a warning of 100% XD.

Anyways,there is not much members can do but bicker and fight,just be reminded that the WBO admins are not empty paper bags,they are experienced and passionate people and very smart.They know what they did,and they did it for the better of the whole WBO.I think most of you have no idea how hard it is to keep a orginization of thousands of people working properly. You think hosting a tournament is hard?Well imagine how hard it would be to control a tournament of 1 000 000 people!

As a reminder:The WBO is a non-profit orginization,thus all funds are non-profitable! Nor can you collect profit under advertisment of the WBO.This is like holding a food drive under the name of the 'YMCA' but actually keeping all the food to yourself.In a way,Dei did do the above action(just in a different context).This personal tournament profit thing is just one of the many things she has done to get herself banned(there are many more-as listed in the first post).

Seeing that admins have said that they warned Dei and did everything in their power to get her back on track,it is only reasonable to think that she might've brought this upon herself. th!nk,I admire your sensibility in this some-what contreversial thread.I too believe that there is two sides to the coin.However,revealing the other side doesn't make the coin worth more than it was originally.

Quote: I'm pretty sure no one wants to see the community as a whole split like that.

I'd rather die,then to live to see that happen.

While I am not "happy" with the way things turned out here, I am sure that what you (the committee) posted here was fine, and well handeled. I wish things could have been different, but if I was put in your shoes, I would have done the same.

That said please keep in mind for the future how this effects people like Deikailo. She may see this on the WBO she is now banned from communicating with, and may become very upset, even if this was the only real way to handel the situation.

Uwik, and any other committee memeber or involved party that knows her personaly, please take resposibiblity for the fact that as her friend, it may have to be your job to make sure she is ok, and be there for her, as well as explain to her why this was wrong, but not in a condecesnidng manner, nor in a way that makes it seem like stealing, lying and cheating other people is no big deal, because it is.
[/align]
People who are not directly involved, like myself, would take it in their best interet to un-involve yourself with the situation as well as possible, and the memebers of the committee should possibly consider closing this topic. It is not needed, but perhaps as one last act of inegretity towards the former Deikailo, in order to protect her from those who enjoy pointless slander. In other words, look like the better person is what I am trying to say, if that makes sesne. However, I see no immediate need to close this topic yet, but I would make sure that it happens at one point or another.

Again, thanks to our committee for protecting our community, and keeping all of our best interests, both theirs and ours, at heart.
LeonTempestXIII, there is really nothing lesss we could have written. Put yourselves in our position : someone has to be banned, and others demand that you be transparent about things; what else would you have done ? As Hazel wrote, there are actually many other details and facts we could have added that are just so much more personal, but we were mature and we only kept the basic, the most neutral facts that truly represented pillars for her ban.

If, after you have slept and thought more about this on your own, you still think that we somehow acted immaturely and humiliated her outside of what was demanded from us and outside of just the facts, then I would really like to read exactly what you would have done.

EDIT : Obviously I had not seen your reply above when I wrote this ... I just hope that you do not see it anymore as "immature".