DefStamina88's Writing Tournament!!!

(Dec. 13, 2013  2:45 AM)XKai_DranzerX Wrote: Oh no We got Insomniac

*fingers crossed that noodoo doesn't join*
Ultramarine?!?!?! I'm toast Crying
(Dec. 13, 2013  6:02 AM)sarabscientist Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2013  2:45 AM)XKai_DranzerX Wrote: Oh no We got Insomniac

*fingers crossed that noodoo doesn't join*

If he joins Where all dead. X_X
Can you sign me up? This sounds like fun!
(Dec. 13, 2013  1:02 PM)SaintBlader Wrote: Can you sign me up? This sounds like fun!

Added. 4 spots left and 3 days to sign up!!
Hm... yea, I think I'll join. I really need to get on a writer's kick again, aha.
(Dec. 13, 2013  10:28 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Hm... yea, I think I'll join. I really need to get on a writer's kick again, aha.

Oh no we've have been pronounced dead
NoodooSoup has been added. Thunder Dome has now been added too.

2 spots left! 3 Days left!
Ah, have I gotten here just in time? I have two days until my Christmas break and there's this tingling sensation that keeps on telling me to write. May I squeeze in?
May I join? Please! I'm so glad someone started a tournament. And I apologise in advance if I missed something, such as all the spots being taken. etc. EDIT: That previous post by me wasn't actually made by me, it may have been one of my friends or siblings who forget to log me out. So... um... yh...
jacolal, you're already been added, but Serpentrione, you have been added. Grin

1 spot left! If it is taken we can start right away!!!
ATTENTION EVERYBODY!!! A FEW ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

The blocks have been chosen!! It is one block of 8, 1 block of 7. Look in the OP for links to the challonges!!

Also, The first round has started!!! And here's the topic:

Overcoming a Challenge!!!

Create a story, any way you like with any characters, as long as it relate to over coming a challenge! Go crazy with it! Grin You have til December 22nd to complete this!

Now, judges have also been chosen, and they are Tri and Kujikato.

Speaking of judging, here's how the judging works, cause it's a bit different:

-Upon completion, you will PM me the story in a spoiler.
-Me, Tri, and Kuji will look over them.
-We will rate them on a score of 0 to 100.
-After judging, the stories will be posted in a new post in this thread, NOT in a new thread.

I believe that covers everything. If you have any questions, PM me, and good luck!!!
No limits for length, etc.?
(Dec. 15, 2013  6:54 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: No limits for length, etc.?

Less than a chapter in length, please...
So about 1-2 paragraphs? That's kinda short, gotta say: I expected a subject more specific but it's gonna be fun !
(Dec. 15, 2013  9:37 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: So about 1-2 paragraphs? That's kinda short, gotta say: I expected a subject more specific but it's gonna be fun !

Nah, man. When I say less than a chapter, think of a 3-4 page chapter. I want something that has some length and a good topic, but doesn't carry on for forever.
Does it have to be a continuous story each round, or can they be individual short stories?
They can be individual short stories...
Okay. Just wanted to make sure! Thank you!
Should this be written as how someone overcame a challenge or throughout the rounds someone is beginning to complete a challenge?
The topic "Overcoming A Challenge" is the topic for this round only.

EDIT: Also guys, try to get the entries in ASAP because I will be going to Florida starting Friday, so Tri and Kuji will be taking over the thread starting Friday (choosing topics, judging, announcing the results, etc.) because i will only have my phone, and I an't do all of this fancy posting and stuff on my phone...

Also, the faster the entries get in, the faster we can get through the rounds and determine a winner...
I have exams this week & then I'll be flying back to CT on the 20th, so I probably won't have my entry in until very close to the deadline, unfortunately.
(Dec. 16, 2013  4:14 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I have exams this week & then I'll be flying back to CT on the 20th, so I probably won't have my entry in until very close to the deadline, unfortunately.

Try to get it in as soon as you can. I might give an extra day or two.

Also, I'll probably have Kuji and Tri increase the time for the next round to 2 weeks...
That would probably be a good idea once everyone starts going back to school/work from the holidays. It shouldn't take very long to write- the issue is just finding the time to sit down & do it :p
Alright guys, I have 3 entries, I need 12 more from you guys.