Death Discussion

(Nov. 08, 2011  2:21 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2011  2:04 PM)Nocto Wrote: Low Track - Mid Track - High Track
Attack - Defense - Stamina
Custom

Thanks, but seriously? Biology is enough of a headache already...

No worries mate, at least they aren't connected to each other in order.

♫The thigh bone's connected to the...♫ Smile
well, can u test MF-H Death[Defense Mode] Quetzalcoatl DGrin (WB Mode)
and MF-H Death[Attack Mode] Quetzalcoatl DGrin (F Mode)...
cause i used in tournament in Mexico, (non official WBO Tournament) but we dont get any BB-10, or Takara Tomy Stadium, and i wanna see how can it do in Takara Stadium...
Test, you mean, not prove. Smile

I'm afraid D: D isn't very good in BB-10, as all of its tips are easily KO'd by decent attackers (or self-KO against strong defenders, in the case of F Mode on an attack type).
galer, how th!nk said: D: D works not very well in bb-10 stadium, only wb is good but not the best
Got my BB-10 today! Here are my fun tests w/ my MARS Red L/R Launcher:

Death Quetz BD145RDF(Defense) vs Variares D125R2F (Right, worn a bit)

10 Rounds:

Death-90%-8 OS, 1 KO
Variares-10%-1 OS by knocking bey over

Phantom Orion BD (Stamina) vs Death Quetz BD145RDF (Defense)

10 Rounds, Half Death first shot, other half Phantom shot first:

Phantom Orion BD-90%-ALL OS
Death-10%-1 OS

Am I forgetting to post something in the format....
I beleive CH120 would make a difference. And I also find it hard to beleive those test. Not critisizing your launching skills but questioning it.
(Nov. 18, 2011  1:37 AM)® Wrote: I beleive CH120 would make a difference. And I also find it hard to beleive those test. If basalt is better than death like eevryone says then how did you come up with those? Not critisizing your launching skills but questioning it.

Hey, I tried launching hard, thats what I got. I can understand you being shocked, as my R2F isnt FAST, but its fast, if you get that. Ill be getting a fresh LR from the BB-121. And I can use LL2's if you need me to.

EDIT: I alternated shots because of that, still same for the second battle.
Ah, I see, don't worry about it too much though. Hopefully, I can try out death at the tourney on Sat and bring the results back here. I hope!
No, its legit... Death is a VERY good defense wheel... check the OP, Hazel's tests etc...
(Nov. 18, 2011  2:05 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: No, its legit... Death is a VERY good defense wheel... check the OP, Hazel's tests etc...

I was thinking an MFH and a CS might do the trick, or maybe just MFH. The combo can nearly OS Phantom, but as always, Phantom can just be, well, a phantom! CURSE YOU PHANTOM!!! XD But yeah, weight is the key...
Ah, my bad. Im so used to Basalt LOL. Thanks and sorry again.
(Nov. 18, 2011  2:07 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
(Nov. 18, 2011  2:05 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: No, its legit... Death is a VERY good defense wheel... check the OP, Hazel's tests etc...

I was thinking an MFH and a CS might do the trick, or maybe just MFH. The combo can nearly OS Phantom, but as always, Phantom can just be, well, a phantom! CURSE YOU PHANTOM!!! XD But yeah, weight is the key...

It should crank out longer spin times on a CS.

As I've explained elsewhere, the key to Death's success is its much lower recoil than Basalt's. It's got worse Stamina, and doesn't do quite as well on TH220(though 170 and 195 are both still quite usable), but on BD145 it's a monster.
(Nov. 18, 2011  2:16 AM)Hazel Wrote:

As I've explained elsewhere, the key to Death's success is its much lower recoil than Basalt's. It's got worse Stamina, and doesn't do quite as well on TH220(though 170 and 195 are both still quite usable), but on BD145 it's a monster.

Okay, thanks for your input! But when you say "on BD145 it's a monster", is that good or bad?
It's a good thing.
death makes the defense job much better than basalt, it has more stmina, more balnce and can be used in a higher form or a slightly form. on bd145cs it kills by me vari ares ch120/145 rf and vari with bd145 and it can outspin sometimes phantom ( or it was with eds outspinning phantom), and did you test death libra (is your choose which energy wheel you take) T125 eds, by me it´s an beast, it outspins every time my phantom orion B: D and the defense is really good( I don´t know why but it suprises me how much defense this combo has by me)
I want to see proper Standard Procedure tests where it's outspinning Phantom/Scythe, as I had heard precisely the opposite of that.

I wouldn't call it better than Basalt, either - it's apples and oranges. Low-Recoil versus Huge Weight.

230 would be the same result, how's Death on RS or RSF?
Death BD145RDF KILLED Vari back there.
I would call it better than basalt, as in a BD145CS combo, Death has MUCH better numbers than Basalt against Vari, Blitz, Beat, etc. AND it defeats Basalt on top of that, so I would almost say it outclasses it...

though you are correct they are from two different worlds, where Death I would classify as pure/traditional defense, and Basalt I would say is more of a balance/hybrid defense, which is essentially what you said... different ways of trying to fill the same role, though I find Death fills in the cracks more proficiently
(Nov. 19, 2011  3:56 AM)sum 472 Wrote:
(Nov. 18, 2011  2:07 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: I was thinking an MFH and a CS might do the trick, or maybe just MFH. The combo can nearly OS Phantom, but as always, Phantom can just be, well, a phantom! CURSE YOU PHANTOM!!! XD But yeah, weight is the key...

230 would be the same result, how's Death on RS or RSF?

I was toying around with Death Horogium (DEF) BD145RS, will post later on though. Problem is Stamina Unhappy
Its High Profile defense inadequacies are still quite troubling, though. While TH170 and TH195 do well enough, Basalt does better on them, and 220... ugh.

EDIT: Galaxy Jay. BD145 + RS = no.
(Nov. 19, 2011  4:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: EDIT: Galaxy Jay. BD145 + RS = no.

I know that now XD . I was contacted thru PM for a Death ___ 90WD, anyone up for it? And what needs testing?
If you're doing WD, you need to do the full gammot, but don't be surprised to find what several users have already mentioned - Death seems to have really poor Stamina performance.

Death BD145EDS
Death TH170/195/220WD/D
Death AD145WD

Should be the primary targets for Stamina testing. I'd probably go with Aquario for the CW, as it is perfectly round on a near-perfect-circle Beyblade.
LTSC is bad, Death LTSC is worse.
LSTC aren't bad..?
They're less applicable than Mid-Profile and High-Profile.