Death Discussion

Oh, and re: Dan's post

Basically, you should be using that '110%' launch every time, methinks, seeing as you get good results with it. I get what you mean, but it's best to just note it each time and use it than not use it and give the impression it has no use for attack. Just note you launched extra hard and that without doing so, results aren't nearly as good.
(Nov. 05, 2011  6:55 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oh, and re: Dan's post

Basically, you should be using that '110%' launch every time, methinks, seeing as you get good results with it. I get what you mean, but it's best to just note it each time and use it than not use it and give the impression it has no use for attack. Just note you launched extra hard and that without doing so, results aren't nearly as good.

you won't be drawn as one of gibsonmac's french girls with that attitude
One test has CH120 and the other has R145 so that might be why the results are so different.
170 is taller than BD145, though, which would counteract the height difference a bit, though that is a good point. Still, I think Dan's main point was related to the power of the wheel itself, and the fact that somehow he didn't manage a single KO against a plastic-tipped opponent.
exactly. plus R145 could not make that big a difference. power is still power. :V
Thanks for the tests Dan! So a combo that needs a strong launch to win? I better have a strong launch.
Also I thought R145 would help.
EDIT: Okay now I see.
It was the height more than anything, I can re-test if you like, but BGrin vs 145 + low recoil wheel = awkward... I was really surprised as well, it was rather late when I did those tests, but when I went to a lower track, it was all KO's... so I'm not sure if that played a factor, I did weak launch the Phantom combo and I just couldn't seem to get it past the rail, then I tested the phantom against VariAres, and it ate it up, so I think it is just not a great height for that particular wheel, like how 120 isn't great on phantom RF (in my testing) but on 145 its incredible...
(Nov. 05, 2011  4:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: Pretty sure you posted/edited those CS tests in an hour after I posted that comment, but nice try. :\

When I'm testing i keep the edit page open and update after I do a session or two, so I probably did it while/before you asked, but didn't get it updated until after you posted, yet before I read your post.
Was Death and R145 Hitting BGrin at all? Death might excel at being a LTAC.
Low Tracks on attack are lame. The age of WD145/R145/H145 etc. is and should have been upon us.
LT in general is just something I do not approve of anymore. LTDC get cannonballed out of a Stadium, LTSC function okay but have an even faster stadium-exit speed when facing even the most pathetic Attack combo, and LTAC are stopped dead cold by TH170/230/certain BD145 combos. The only currently-dominant LTAC combo is MF Blitz 100/85R2F, and that is entirely due to the shape of its MW's contact points/slopes.

As with everything in this game there are exceptions, but... eh. I highly doubt Death will function fantastically at a Low Track, if only because of the actual vertical size of the MW itself.
Yeah I just repeated the R145RF vs BGrin Phantom... same results, you can launch the Phantom at like 10-20% and the balance is soo good that is just counters the thing every single time... but Vari kills it!!!

(Nov. 05, 2011  6:55 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oh, and re: Dan's post

I differentiate between the two tests, because it takes SIGNIFICANTLY more power/effort to get KO's/wins with the Death CH120RF against Basalt then VariAres or Blitz... with the latter group, I can 50% launch and still KO all day long, so most people, especially lately now that people hold them as the 'new standard' for attack types, people think everything should perform like that with the same/similar effort... So, I split the tests up, one set with my 'standard' launch that would be sufficient for a VariAres variant to KO reliably, and the other with a very powerful launch, that most people don't use and/or use well...

(Nov. 06, 2011  1:38 AM)sum 472 Wrote: Was Death and R145 Hitting BGrin at all? Death might excel at being a LTAC.

No it was metal wheel contact, and the side of Death has like no recoil, so it turned into a stamina battle almost, like I said, it's an awkward match... I actually wasn't going to do it, because "everyone knows attack beats stamina" but I tried a single battle just for carp and giggles... after Death lost, I did full tests... twice... I think the only reason I even tried it out is because of the balance that Phantom has out of the box (it can stand up by itself on the BGrin, nothing else can do that outside of XF/newer RF etc, end even then not the same), that and I've actually never used MFH with that particular Phantom combo, 'because everybody knows stamina is better without any MF's(except feather Smile )' but the MFH dramatically reduced the recoil of phantom, and dare I say even improved the balance a bit, as if that would even be possible.... I should probably also note, that at least 3 of my BGrin's are 'the good ones' (over 7 min solo spin) and the fourth I haven't opened, so maybe one of the 'bad' BGrin's will not fare well...

And you are correct in your LTAC assessment... this may be the wheel that brings it back in style... either that, or it will be like beat, and be very sensitive to the opposing combo, as to how it will perform...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone else have Death?? wouldn't mind some more results so we can compare data...
(Nov. 06, 2011  2:40 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Does anyone else have Death?? wouldn't mind some more results so we can compare data...

I do. I just need my BB-10, which will be here soon....
That is the exact reason why I requested MF-H, And when Galaxy Jay gets his BB-10; I'll request a test to see if my LTAC theory is correct.
(Nov. 06, 2011  1:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Low Tracks on attack are lame. The age of WD145/R145/H145 etc. is and should have been upon us.

WD145..?

CH120 is back bro.
WD145 is the one that looks like ED145 but doesn't free-spin.
(Nov. 06, 2011  4:30 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2011  1:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Low Tracks on attack are lame. The age of WD145/R145/H145 etc. is and should have been upon us.

WD145..?

CH120 is back bro.

Don't forget BD145 and TR145 which is about average for Equalisers
(Nov. 06, 2011  2:52 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2011  2:40 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Does anyone else have Death?? wouldn't mind some more results so we can compare data...

I do. I just need my BB-10, which will be here soon....

Jay, you are a dealer... how in the hell do you not have a BB-10 yet?!?
(Nov. 06, 2011  4:33 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: WD145 is the one that looks like ED145 but doesn't free-spin.

I know what it looks like, it is garbage though.

I have gotten to hate most 145-gimmicks.. Blame it on the BD145 overdose I inspired.
lol bluezee and i are still vomiting.
Looks like purchasing Death Quetz wasn't too bad a buy.

When it arrives I'll want to do a lot of testing on its upper-smash in attack mode.
If you could test some of that by deliberately setting the heights so Death can get under the opposing beys metal wheel.
Two of my Death Quetz will be arriving 2 days later.. I should be able to help out in testing soon.
I'd like to see how this does for Stamina against a LTSC Earth combo. If the wheel is so round with such good balance, I'd think that it would perform reasonably well as a LTSC.

Maybe even against some Scythe/Phantom 230/TH170 Stamina combos too...
(Nov. 06, 2011  6:04 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2011  4:33 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: WD145 is the one that looks like ED145 but doesn't free-spin.

I know what it looks like, it is garbage though.

I have gotten to hate most 145-gimmicks.. Blame it on the BD145 overdose I inspired.
lol ®, bluezee, and i are still vomiting.

Sorry just had to edit that bro :V
sorry to dan and galaxy, I can make the tests with vari and death in 1-2 days because my friend has my bb-10 stadiums and in other stadiums the result is not acceptable, please wait 1-2 days
(Nov. 06, 2011  4:26 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I'd like to see how this does for Stamina against a LTSC Earth combo. If the wheel is so round with such good balance, I'd think that it would perform reasonably well as a LTSC.

Maybe even against some Scythe/Phantom 230/TH170 Stamina combos too...
I can say you that it is very balanced and the stamina is good, I must test if it is better than phantom or scythe but at the moment my bb-10 stadiums are by my friend so the testings would be wrong and not acceptable in other stadiums
I can say that in a straight stamina combo such as AD145WD it loses every time to phantom of the same combo... haven't tested against scythe, probably worth a try... Death BD145CS/RDF does, for some reason, outlast every BD145 defense combo there is, pretty much at 100%
I suppose that could have been expected from Phantom.

It could just be because the rubber is new and smooth. You should wear one down and keep another mint so that you can compare variations in testing.

I need to get this...