Death Discussion

(Nov. 06, 2011  6:50 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I suppose that could have been expected from Phantom.

It could just be because the rubber is new and smooth. You should wear one down and keep another mint so that you can compare variations in testing.

I need to get this...

okay wear you down and than test it
lol who want to wear down is rdf ?
(Nov. 06, 2011  7:09 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2011  6:50 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I suppose that could have been expected from Phantom.

It could just be because the rubber is new and smooth. You should wear one down and keep another mint so that you can compare variations in testing.

I need to get this...

Well, he did say he had seven. I'd think he could spare at least one, lol.
(Nov. 06, 2011  7:09 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote:

I need to get this...

Because, you know, it's not like one would get worn more if you know, you just used that one for play and stuff until it was significantly more worn than another that you didn't use at all.

Did you think before you posted, or are my expectations of common sense and a little forethought once again too much to meet?
So guys, Ive been trying Death out, and I noticed that the 145 variant track works best on it. You may be thinking:"How?" The reason is that the combo I was using, Death quetz (ALL TESTS DEFENCE MODE) AD145CS, could actually handle and even NULLIFY attacks from G Perseus BD145R2F, Variares BD145R2F, and Fang Leone ED145MF. Now when I slapped on a 230, Death was destablizing left and right. The reason I believe is the cause of that is because when you compare the height of Death AD145CS to the other ones, most of them had a theoretical contact point of dead in the middle, or very close to it below. So my suggestion is to try EVERY 145 VARIANT. So it would be Death _____145CS. Remember tbat its always Defence mode.

And I did this in a Bolt Blast, but I could be on to something on here, so dont trash me yet.
(Nov. 06, 2011  11:25 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: So guys, Ive been trying Death out, and I noticed that the 145 variant track works best on it. You may be thinking:"How?" The reason is that the combo I was using, Death quetz (ALL TESTS DEFENCE MODE) AD145CS, could actually handle and even NULLIFY attacks from G Perseus BD145R2F, Variares BD145R2F, and Fang Leone ED145MF. Now when I slapped on a 230, Death was destablizing left and right. The reason I believe is the cause of that is because when you compare the height of Death AD145CS to the other ones, most of them had a theoretical contact point of dead in the middle, or very close to it below. So my suggestion is to try EVERY 145 VARIANT. So it would be Death _____145CS. Remember tbat its always Defence mode.

And I did this in a Bolt Blast, but I could be on to something on here, so dont trash me yet.

Dude hasbro stadium still dont mean nothing. I mean it could be useful for the next hasbro beyblade tourney. Nice point out though.

@bolded: Only in a hasbro stadium :V
When I say nullify I dont mean knock back. I mean it STOPPED.

(Nov. 06, 2011  5:56 AM)gibsonmac Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2011  2:52 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2011  2:40 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Does anyone else have Death?? wouldn't mind some more results so we can compare data...

I do. I just need my BB-10, which will be here soon....

Jay, you are a dealer... how in the hell do you not have a BB-10 yet?!?

Uh, its called my Daddy...
(Nov. 07, 2011  12:41 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Uh, its called my Daddy...

?? don't get it... are you both Galaxy Jay?? or your dad wouldn't let you keep one for yourself?? or both?? either way, you need to HOOK THAT UP!!! Bolt blast was my first stadium, its soo much different, what use to be unbeatable combos straight suck in a BB-10... Funny how Basalt GB145WD is so easily KO'd in a BB-10, but its a behemoth in bolt blast

Also, Vari BD145 is not great, it hinders the attack ability of the Metal Wheel, and your Gravity and Fang combos are 'off' as well... try Vari CH120/85/100/d125, Grav Pers BD145MF. Fang CH120/AD145/C145R2F... all with Metal Face of MFH (two parts you definitely need to own with the BB-10, MF and MF2)
Got it. And my dad doesnt have control over this account, he just made me sell all off them, and now I dont have a bb10. Go figure.
carpy... but you are getting one soon?? would like to see more people's tests and views of Death... that are founded from use, not youtube lol
OK, this is my personal view on Death.

I've had it for a week, and did somewhat extensive tests. Although, most are only 5 rounds, which are definitely not WBO worthy, hence, I'm not going to post the results.

Death - used as an attack wheel : This is not good. In fact, it's rather terrible. Death has little to none smash potential. Although I can see how, in attack mode, it might exhibit Upper Smash, it's still below par.

Death - used as a stamina wheel : Again, really bad. It's still somewhat better than Jade in terms of stamina.

Death - used as a defense wheel (in Defense mode only)l : Now, this is actually decent only when faced against PURE Attackers like VariAres, Blitz. It's great on 145 based height and 85 based height. But keep in mind, that while, it's difficult to KO Death when paired with great Defense bottoms, the process of Death surviving the fierce attacks always take a toll on Death too, it ends the match losing by OS to attackers on RF/R2F/LRF 20-30% of the time, which is still not a good sign.

I have seen it on personal tests, freeplay, and actual tournaments where bladers are still trying out lots of different combos for Death trying to get the feel of it. The generic 85, and few 145 gimmick tracks are still preferred for Death. Many used it, none made it to the finals, and no Death was used in the finals. It's very much niche wheel.

Summary: A slightly better version of Dark in 4D. In a scale of 1-10, it's probably 4.5

Disclaimer: If people are getting good results for attack, then good for him/her. I can not replicate the results to a degree of similarity. I've yet to see a great combination for it.

Just to throw this out there, so far, the good ones would be:

MF-H Death (Defense) Quetzacoatl 85 RDF/RS/RSF
MF-H Death (Defense) Quetzacoatl GB145 RDF/CS
Try it with BD145CS/RDF/MB etc... in either mode it does exceptionally well, AND it beats the same Basalt combo...

I hardly agree with your assessment of it being slightly better than dark, that is just plain ridiculous... And it is FAR superior to Jade as well... and 5 round tests say absolutely nothing, so whether or not you post the tests is irrelevant, you are still basing your 'findings' on them... you might as well be using youtube videos as your basis...

Actually test is out for yourself, extensively, the same combo 20-50 times... then make your opinion, on that combo, then try a new combo, and repeat the process... That is the ONLY way one can get a feel on what a wheel is 'made of' so to speak... aside from that, I would call your comments little more than mere speculation, as they were based on a few 5 round battles, and observations at a tournament... of course its not going to make the finals... its a brand new wheel that most people do not even have yet, its inly been around for maybe 2 weeks... iirc to took quite a while before Basalt became the "we need to ban it, its too powerful" wheel that it was destined... it did not happen overnight, same with Lightning, Vulcan, pretty much every great wheel with the exception of maybe VariAres and Phantom... (which Death takes pretty good care of VariAres btw)...

Just putting that out there, 5 round tests and a week of ownership is hardly extensive/long enough for you to make an opinion on the ins-and-outs of Death MW... give it time, and use it, then make your opinion...
(Nov. 07, 2011  6:04 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Try it with BD145CS/RDF/MB etc... in either mode it does exceptionally well, AND it beats the same Basalt combo...

I hardly agree with your assessment of it being slightly better than dark, that is just plain ridiculous... And it is FAR superior to Jade as well... and 5 round tests say absolutely nothing, so whether or not you post the tests is irrelevant, you are still basing your 'findings' on them... you might as well be using youtube videos as your basis...

Actually test is out for yourself, extensively, the same combo 20-50 times... then make your opinion, on that combo, then try a new combo, and repeat the process... That is the ONLY way one can get a feel on what a wheel is 'made of' so to speak... aside from that, I would call your comments little more than mere speculation, as they were based on a few 5 round battles, and observations at a tournament... of course its not going to make the finals... its a brand new wheel that most people do not even have yet, its inly been around for maybe 2 weeks... iirc to took quite a while before Basalt became the "we need to ban it, its too powerful" wheel that it was destined... it did not happen overnight, same with Lightning, Vulcan, pretty much every great wheel with the exception of maybe VariAres and Phantom... (which Death takes pretty good care of VariAres btw)...

Just putting that out there, 5 round tests and a week of ownership is hardly extensive/long enough for you to make an opinion on the ins-and-outs of Death MW... give it time, and use it, then make your opinion...

I did try it with BD145 CS/RDF/MB vs Basalt mirrored, and got quite the opposite = 40-50% wins for Death, which is still not good.

5 rounds of testings for my end + numerous other people in our club + practical use during tournaments actually are more than enough for a basic summary of a part.

It really does not matter if you test 20-50 times, when you get bad results for the first 5-10. It's not going to magically change for the better. It might differ a little, yes. But it still is not going to drastically change.

(Nov. 07, 2011  6:04 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Just putting that out there, 5 round tests and a week of ownership is hardly extensive/long enough for you to make an opinion on the ins-and-outs of Death MW... give it time, and use it, then make your opinion...

5 rounds, and some were 10 rounds for 27 different combos over the span of 3 hours each day, done and confirmed by 4 other people. It is enough for me.

I did mention that I have yet to see a great combination for Death. This is implied as in NOT shutting down Death completely.
@th!nk: yes when you blading only with one rdf it will worn down but my question is: want you really wear down your rdf with deliberately ? I think you knoiw that the tip wouldn´t work, because it would be to fast
There was nothing in ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)'s post that encouraged anything more than using one and not the other, and this, again, is what I refer to and what you still seem to be unable to understand.

Furthermore, I do not think that "no rubber left so the edges touch the surface" was at all the level of wear that he referred to, as that would obviously be illegal for competitive use. What I believe he meant was to "wear one in" to increase the grip (as a fresh rubber tip has the somewhat "smooth and shiny" appearance he referred to, which has less grip), while keeping another completely fresh, and do comparative testings of their performance in different situations.
I got my DQ today, and I... am genuinely underwhelmed. It performs better than Earth as a Defense part when on BD145CS, but I couldn't tell if it was doing much better than Basalt, since I'm not super fantastic with Attackers.

Using it as Attack, I did score a few KOs here and there(mostly in Defense on 100R2F), but not as reliably as I can with Blitz and Beat. I tried GB145RF and it was a massive flop, H145RF was also no good. I don't have R145 or CH120, so I could not test those. I may test D125 later, though. In general, I will be heavily testing it some more, but I'm just not well today.
(Nov. 07, 2011  6:24 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: @th!nk: yes when you blading only with one rdf it will worn down but my question is: want you really wear down your rdf with deliberately ? I think you knoiw that the tip wouldn´t work, because it would be to fast

Oh gosh no! I didn't mean intentionally, just when the tip's rubber becomes noticeably worn from normal usage over time. I'm thinking that once the rubber flat wears down a bit, then it'll be about as calm a RS with more stamina thanks to the "D" part surrounding it.
(Nov. 07, 2011  11:00 PM)Hazel Wrote: I got my DQ today, and I... am genuinely underwhelmed. It performs better than Earth as a Defense part when on BD145CS, but I couldn't tell if it was doing much better than Basalt, since I'm not super fantastic with Attackers.

Using it as Attack, I did score a few KOs here and there(mostly in Defense on 100R2F), but not as reliably as I can with Blitz and Beat. I tried GB145RF and it was a massive flop, H145RF was also no good. I don't have R145 or CH120, so I could not test those. I may test D125 later, though. In general, I will be heavily testing it some more, but I'm just not well today.

As an attack custom, LT is preferred... and it's not a KO machine, more of a "Traditional attack type" as compared to say blitz, which doesn't really require proficiency with the 'class' to do well, it will KO with a weak launch etc... Death needs the old tricks of a perfect slide and/or a hella strong launch... It is pretty decent, and not as niche/temperamental as say Beat Lynx is, but its not the same as using VariAres or Blitz... It does a different job in the attack category then they do, Death has much longer legs, and tends to win via OS or nudging as opposed to a proper KO, so in many ways it could be considered preferred by some, because even if you do not score a power hit immediately, like you generally need with MFH Vari R145RF for instance, you still have a decent mid-game, where Vari is pretty much screwed(not always, but many times), also Death has an actual 'upper' attack and will lift the opposing bey off the floor repeatedly... I'm not insinuating Death is on the level of VariAres or Blitz as an attack wheel, certainly not in terms of KO prowess anyway, but there is a spot for it as an attack combo... It's kinda like a supped-up Hell, does the job, but there really isn't an advantage to using it over the other options...

As Defense, its money... I just haven't decided which mode I like better, RDF is great, for some reason I've been using MFH DQ BD145RDF pretty much exclusively over the past couple days, CS is probably more consistent, but RDF does some cool things when the plastic surround takes over, granted it doesn't last very long, and is more for evasion than offense, but its something new I guess..

At first I was underwhelmed as well, I expected so much more, considering how much the last 2-3 releases changed the meta so much, Blitz and VariAres reliably kick carp out of Basalt Variants, and Phantom within a month has all but replaced Basalt as the go to tournament staple... So I guess we were getting spoiled lately... but looking back over the entire 4D system, I'd say its better than everything except Vari, Phantom, and Blitz, probably about equal to Scythe, though they do different jobs with some degree of cross-over... So in retrospect, I would say I've been re-whelmed lol
I notice a lot more recoil(for obvious reasons if you just look at the part) in Attack Mode for Defense. In Defense Mode, however, it's like Earth and Basalt had a baby, and I'm quite enthralled by the idea.

I just can't tell if it's actually good at Defense or if I just blow with Attackers. Here's my result anyway, just for kicks:

Standard Procedures
MF-H Death(Defense Mode) Quetzalcoatl BD145CS vs MF Blitz Unicorno II 100R2F
MF-H Death Quetzalcoatl BD145CS: 17(5 KO, 12 Outspin)
MF Blitz Unicorno II 100R2F: 3(KO)

EDIT: As always, I did ONLY count the results of matches where my Sliding Shoot was behaving properly. There are no "whoops tornado stall lol" results in any tests I post, unless I am deliberately TS testing.
(Nov. 08, 2011  5:34 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: As an attack custom, LT is preferred...

No fancy names.
(Nov. 08, 2011  5:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2011  5:34 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: As an attack custom, LT is preferred...

No fancy names.

He meant Lieutenant, obviously.

Also we've been slinging LTAC MTAC HTAC LTDC MTDC HTDC LTSC MTSC HTSC around for months now.

I'd assumed they weren't taboo like Lightning Tank and such. Acronyming something that would otherwise be Low Track Attack Combo just seems logical.
It's not the use of an acronym (lld is fine, for example, albeit not prefered), but the use of a nickname.
He was saying Low Track, though, not Lightning Tank.
(Nov. 08, 2011  5:57 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2011  5:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

No fancy names.
Also we've been slinging LTAC MTAC HTAC LTDC MTDC HTDC LTSC MTSC HTSC around for months now.

What do those names mean anyway? Me and alot of memebers are going "WTF" when we see it.
(Nov. 08, 2011  2:04 PM)Nocto Wrote: Low Track - Mid Track - High Track
Attack - Defense - Stamina
Custom

Thanks, but seriously? Biology is enough of a headache already...