Curse SK Ring: BGT Discussion/Testing Thread

Since people are talking a lot about curse in the BGT experimental thread I figured let’s just move the conversation to a thread specifically focused on curse. I’ll re-post tests I did with curse and we can just continue the discussion about it here.

Edit: I realize double chassis are banned, sorry about that

Consider this more of informal testing, meaning without specifically how many rounds or KO’s but just generally how well each combo did
Curse Lucifer2 00 wall drift 1S/Xtend+(Stamina) 2A vs. Judgement Spriggan Blitz Quick’ Goku
00 wall drift 1S: Most of the time Judgement hit curse out of control, but to my surprise it didn’t actually get knocked out. And some rounds curse stood its ground for about 3 seconds. Either way judgement won by OS, usually by drift getting knocked out of control due to the recoil but it didn’t actually get KO’d. A big part of this could be the fact that I weak launched drift, as it would go out of control with LC2 if medium launched. So that reduces recoil. As well as LC2 and 1S increasing the weight. A normal Gt bey would be in the low 60s in terms of grams, curse is 71 grams. That’s a lot of weight. I’ll try the tests with Ragnarok and 1D to balance out the weight more and see if Curse or drift is the problem.

Curse Ragnarok 00 wall drift 1D vs. Judgement Spriggan Blitz Quick’
Before I talk about it, just to compare the weight and show it’s more balanced Curse is 62 grams now and judgement remains 59. 
Judgement did get a couple more KO’s, but this time judgement got itself recoil KO’d more times. That’s weird since curse is lighter. maybe curse is the problem?

Lord Dragon 00 wall drift vs Judgement Spriggan Blitz Quick’Goku
Lords weight is 61, judgement is 59. Grams.

Lord did the same thing. It didn’t get knocked out, but it also didn’t get knocked out of control that much. That is so wierd. I’m gonna just switch to 0 cross Xtend+ and see if drift is the problem because I think it might be, especially paired with 00 wall.

Curse Ragnarok Xtend+ 2A vs Judgment [/font][/size]
Yeah curse got destroyed. To be fair, it helots ground better than lord but still. I didn’t count specifically but I’d say judgment got 6 KO’s and curse got 4 OS’s. But curse on 2A is really tight and judgment actually pushed it to the halfway bursting point twice.

Lord Dragon 0 cross Xtend+ vs Judgment 
Yeah lord got 2 OS’s. I think that’s all I need to say.

So what did we learn? 00 wall drift is OP. Not for stamina, for defense. I didn’t try out Zwei because mine is basically like hollow. Even on a perfectly balanced outer revolve sen it’s jumpy. So on and KO attack drivers it’s flowering is messed up. But yeah we learned 00 wall drift 1S has OP defense, but horrible stamina. And that curse is better than lord for KO defense overall. Even though it only got knocked out 2 times less, overall it just took hits better.

Curse vs Cosmo/Lord/Revive Pheonix (don’t have dead Pheonix) Same Spin 
DB Power Launcher 
Standard Stadium
Combos Balance Tuned
Launches alternated
Orbit/orbit metal drivers switched halfway through
Curse Ragnarok Blitz Orbit Metal/Orbit 1S vs Cosmo achilles Blitz Orbit/Metal Ten
Curse 8 OS
Cosmo 2 OS
Curse won by a second or 2 usually, and it won by destabilizing. Their stamina seemed equal but curse, no matter the launch order was able to hold the center and force Anubis under it at the end. I’d say if they were both on taller drivers like Ig’it’d be even. In this case curse won, and I think it is better overall given its better defense and burst resistance. 

Curse Ragnarok Blitz Orbit Metal/Orbit 1S vs. Lord Joker Blitz Orbit/ OrbitMetal 
Curse 2 OS 
Lord 5 OS 
1 Draw 
…… My Ragnarok chip broke. One of the prongs fell off. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!? 

The battles individually were very close. Both beys destabilized one another, really depended on who got to the center first. Curse did get a couple recoil big hits off lord, but those usually put lord in the center and lord destabilized curse. There was clearly a winner though. This is a testament to how Curse is not OP enough to be banned. It’d got great same spin and defense sure, but it can still be beaten by top tier stamina and top tier attack. And it’s opposite spin I don’t think is good but hey, maybe I’m wrong. 

Curse Satan Blitz Orbit Metal/Orbit 1S vs. Revive Pheonix Blitz Orbit/Orbit Metal 
Curse 5 OS
Pheonix 

Don’t judge me, but this is where I stopped. I didn’t want my satan chip to break either, and I also figured this wasn’t perfect pheonix. This was revive Pheonix there was no point to keep seeing Curse destroy it (by OS, not by Burst or anything if you thought I meant that.)

So it beat cosmo pretty much, it basically lost to lord and it beat revive. Not the absolute best same spin, but considering how close the battles were vs lord and its defensive capabilities, I’d say it’s good but definitely not good enough to be banned. If someone proves me wrong with its opposite spin then go ahead. I just don’t think curse has good opposite spin.
You do know 2A is banned in GT, right? Tests with illegal parts are invalid.
(Feb. 20, 2022  7:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: You do know 2A is banned in GT, right? Tests with illegal parts are invalid.
I literally said before the tests I know double chassis are banned. I did the tests with 2A because I read the rules wrong. Just disregard those, and who knows maybe eventually double chassis might be allowed.
(Feb. 20, 2022  7:08 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2022  7:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: You do know 2A is banned in GT, right? Tests with illegal parts are invalid.
I literally said before the tests I know double chassis are banned. I did the tests with 2A because I read the rules wrong. Just disregard those, and who knows maybe eventually double chassis might be allowed.

My post was crafted before the edit. I just then pre-edited my post to make it readable. That took up time and by the time I posted it, the edit had been made.
(Feb. 20, 2022  7:11 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2022  7:08 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I literally said before the tests I know double chassis are banned. I did the tests with 2A because I read the rules wrong. Just disregard those, and who knows maybe eventually double chassis might be allowed.

My post was crafted before the edit. I just then pre-edited my post to make it readable. That took up time and by the time I posted it, the edit had been made.
Sorry, I didn’t realize that.
Dropping some tests here. I initially used Xtend+ at Shindog's request, but the difference between the three I had was just too great for me to keep on using. It wasn't giving me helpful results without many tests and many switches. I decided to use Revolve to test Curse's Stamina "prowess".

Notes:
Disc+Driver switched at half-way point of testing
Custom Beylauncher LR (the basic Dynamite Battle one, no Power Gear or 

Curse Lucifer II Wheel (Hasbro) Revolve 1S vs. Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 0Cross Revolve
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 6 wins (5 OS, 1 BF)
LC pP.0C.R: 4 wins (4 OS)
Curse Win Percentage: 60%

The reason I didn't use 0C here was because it really isn't so favourable on Curse vs. pP, an easy point of destabilization. I double checked with the next Lord tests to see if HasWheel made Curse win where it shouldn't, but it didn't appear to be the case. It seemed to maybe win a bit harder at best? Anyway, from here on out it was 0C even though I think HasWheel is better by a wide margin.

I think it would be fair for me to say Curse didn't completely dominate here, but it was very reliable.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Lord Spriggan (Right-Spin) 0Cross Revolve
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 8 wins (8 OS)
LSp.0C.R: 2 wins (2 OS)
Curse Win Percentage: 80%

Not really much can be said here, Curse just clapped Lord. There were instances where Lord could knock it around enough that it would destabilize Curse to premature death, but not enough. In general Curse is wobbly and not so good, you just wouldn't be able to tell in the GT meta.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Lord Spriggan (Left-Spin) 0Cross Revolve
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 6 wins (6 OS)
LSp.0C.R: 3 wins (3 OS)
1 Draw

More of the same here, though it becomes fairly noticeable that Curse has a bit of a harder time with opposite spin stamina battles. It does manage to right itself with contact, but it is not exactly a well-balanced Ring.. Still, it continues to do well.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Master Spriggan (Left-Spin) 0Cross Revolve
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 5 wins (5 OS)
MSp.0C.R: 5 wins (5 OS)
Curse Win Percentage: 50%

Basically more of the same. Curse has some legitimate "trouble" with Master, but as you'll see, Curse's trouble with GT Layers usually means it goes even with it. I would consider this to be a real toss up, and very dependent on individual components. It could be that one of my 0 or R is slightly better than the other resulting in split results like this. Because they're this equal, it is mostly up to who has the better RNG or fresher tip perhaps.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Master Spriggan (Right-Spin) 0Cross Revolve
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 4 wins (4 OS)
MSp.0C.R: 6 wins (6 OS)

This was easily the hardest matchup. I can't say for sure why, but Master in right spin actually does tend to get the best of Curse. Curse is down, but not really out. End up on the wrong side of the 40% WR and you lose 2-3 in tournament for example.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Tact Spriggan (Left-Spin) 0Cross Revolve Goku
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 4 wins (4 OS)
TSp.0C.R : 5 wins (5 OS)
1 Draw

This was another close one, the one draw may have been more of a fluke, but in general it's just like Master in left. They are really, really close..

The difficulty here is that this is an SK Ring that you can tell really isn't very good when put in an era it actually belongs in. It has horrible balance, that awkward level of recoil and is really being kept afloat by the fact it has access to things like Lucifer 2 and 1S. And by afloat, I mean going even or dominating every other relevant GT era Layer in Stamina battles. Oh. And it also invalidates left spin Attack types (2/3, or 67% of the legitimate Attack Layer options available for GT) the second you put it on Drift. 

It isn't a healthy addition, and truthfully I would be very careful about adding anything TT after GT at all. It doesn't seem wise.
(Feb. 21, 2022  2:44 AM)Dan Wrote: Dropping some tests here. I initially used Xtend+ at Shindog's request, but the difference between the three I had was just too great for me to keep on using. It wasn't giving me helpful results without many tests and many switches. I decided to use Revolve to test Curse's Stamina "prowess".

Notes:
Disc+Driver switched at half-way point of testing
Custom Beylauncher LR (the basic Dynamite Battle one, no Power Gear or 

Curse Lucifer II Wheel (Hasbro) Revolve 1S vs. Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 0Cross Revolve
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 6 wins (5 OS, 1 BF)
LC pP.0C.R: 4 wins (4 OS)

The reason I didn't use 0C here was because it really isn't so favourable on Curse vs. pP, an easy point of destabilization. I double checked with the next Lord tests to see if HasWheel made Curse win where it shouldn't, but it didn't appear to be the case. It seemed to maybe win a bit harder at best? Anyway, from here on out it was 0C even though I think HasWheel is better by a wide margin.

I think it would be fair for me to say Curse didn't completely dominate here, but it was very reliable.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Lord Spriggan (Right-Spin) [b][u]0Cross Revolve[/u][/b]
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 8 wins (8 OS)
LSp.0C.R: 2 wins (2 OS)
Curse Win Percentage: 80%

Not really much can be said here, Curse just clapped Lord. There were instances where Lord could knock it around enough that it would destabilize Curse to premature death, but not enough. In general Curse is wobbly and not so good, you just wouldn't be able to tell in the GT meta.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Lord Spriggan (Left-Spin) [b][u]0Cross Revolve[/u][/b]
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 6 wins (6 OS)
LSp.0C.R: 3 wins (3 OS)
1 Draw

More of the same here, though it becomes fairly noticeable that Curse has a bit of a harder time with opposite spin stamina battles. It does manage to right itself with contact, but it is not exactly a well-balanced Ring.. Still, it continues to do well.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Master Spriggan (Left-Spin) [b][u]0Cross Revolve[/u][/b]
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 5 wins (5 OS)
MSp.0C.R: 5 wins (5 OS)

Basically more of the same. Curse has some legitimate "trouble" with Master, but as you'll see, Curse's trouble with GT Layers usually means it goes even with it. I would consider this to be a real toss up, and very dependent on individual components. It could be that one of my 0 or R is slightly better than the other resulting in split results like this. Because they're this equal, it is mostly up to who has the better RNG or fresher tip perhaps.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Master Spriggan (Right-Spin) [b][u]0Cross Revolve[/u][/b]
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 4 wins (4 OS)
MSp.0C.R: 6 wins (6 OS)

This was easily the hardest matchup. I can't say for sure why, but Master in right spin actually does tend to get the best of Curse. Curse is down, but not really out. End up on the wrong side of the 40% WR and you lose 2-3 in tournament for example.

Curse Lucifer II 0Cross Revolve 1S vs. Tact Spriggan (Left-Spin) [b][u]0Cross Revolve Goku[/u][/b]
CLc2.HWh.R 1S: 4 wins (4 OS)
TSp.0C.R : 5 wins (5 OS)
1 Draw

This was another close one, the one draw may have been more of a fluke, but in general it's just like Master in left. They are really, really close..

The difficulty here is that this is an SK Ring that you can tell really isn't very good when put in an era it actually belongs in. It has horrible balance, that awkward level of recoil and is really being kept afloat by the fact it has access to things like Lucifer 2 and 1S. And by afloat, I mean going even or dominating every other relevant GT era Layer in Stamina battles. Oh. And it also invalidates left spin Attack types (2/3, or 67% of the legitimate Attack Layer options available for GT) the second you put it on Drift. 

It isn't a healthy addition, and truthfully I would be very careful about adding anything TT after GT at all. It doesn't seem wise.
Wow, it actually isn’t horrible in opposite spin. Huh. But for the same spin matches I do think Lucifer II carried a bit. I think for BGT just get rid of all the chips that aren’t metal or rubber. Spriggan, Diabolos, and MAYBE Lucifer 1 should be fine. But yeah curse is great in same spin, it’s recoil doesn’t make it off balance I would say. It’s just a bit more recoil than your average stamina blade, probably due to the wheels that stick out. Even though they’re freespin and semi-bouncy they can create recoil.
(Feb. 21, 2022  2:57 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Wow, it actually isn’t horrible in opposite spin. Huh. But for the same spin matches I do think Lucifer II carried a bit. I think for BGT just get rid of all the chips that aren’t metal or rubber. Spriggan, Diabolos, and MAYBE Lucifer 1 should be fine.

I tried it without Lucifer II against pP, replacing it with Ragnaruk, no MCC. Same result, 6-4. Maybe Burst GT should stay GT? 

It would be good to get other people's testing + observations as well.
(Feb. 21, 2022  4:43 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2022  2:57 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Wow, it actually isn’t horrible in opposite spin. Huh. But for the same spin matches I do think Lucifer II carried a bit. I think for BGT just get rid of all the chips that aren’t metal or rubber. Spriggan, Diabolos, and MAYBE Lucifer 1 should be fine.

I tried it without Lucifer II against pP, replacing it with Ragnaruk, no MCC. Same result, 6-4. Maybe Burst GT should stay GT? 

It would be good to get other people's testing + observations as well.
Huh. I tried curse against revive pheonix and it beat it every time, i guess perfect pheonix really puts up a fight. And yes, I think GT should stay GT. Keep it at the core of the GT system with the added drivers of course, and add superking bases later on.
Idea: What counter Kreis in God? If we find that, it may help.
Edit: Alter Chronos and Garuda… There’s no equivalent to those (sans Pp).
Opp. Spin though…idk, if Zwei can’t do it, what can? Lord? Tact? N****? Wizard?
(Feb. 21, 2022  2:18 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Idea: What counter Kreis in God? If we find that, it may help.
Edit: Alter Chronos and Garuda… There’s no equivalent to those (sans Pp).
Opp. Spin though…idk, if Zwei can’t do it, what can? Lord? Tact? N****? Wizard?

Well, they preform completely differently...

For one, Curse is rounder, has a completely different distribution, can use MCC, Lucifer 1, etc., and can use the teeth of 1S for good resistance.

Kreis was light, had bad teeth, and no dash drivers to work with. It was also immediately outclassed by Blaze Ragnaruk and Alter Chronos, which were themselves outclassed before God ended.
I’ve been playing around with curse and good as curse is independently, any combo I try it with there’s some big weakness.

Like I’ve tried it on drift but it’s too unbalanced, mobius there’s just better options especially since curse isn’t wide enough, bearing is meh I guess. Theres like 2 combo’s I’ve found that I’m semi-comfortable with and still tinkering with them. I dunno though, curse is wierd. It’s good, just wierd. Have any of you found good combos for curse?
I had mild balance issues with curse on drift until I aligned a chip to offset it (Lucifer2), but it was still able to do all it needed to do to be a problem.
(Feb. 22, 2022  3:22 PM)th!nk Wrote: I had mild balance issues with curse on drift until I aligned a chip to offset it (Lucifer2), but it was still able to do all it needed to do to be a problem.
I honestly don’t like curse much anymore. I did my own testing and stuff but as I don’t have many of the same parts or 2 people to test I researched on YouTube for people who did testings. I came across this Japanese channel who was very helpful. 
- He found the curse has relatively low recoil which I now see. I knew curse was defensive but it also dished out some gnarly hits. I realize now that was because I paired it up with Lucifer 2 on the unbalanced side. I used curse satan (my Ragnarok broke) and realized when balanced it’s wheels are the point of contact that is farthest out from its diameter. And these wheels basically drain curse and it’s opponents stamina while locked in contact. Curse itself actually doesn’t have much stamina. 
Here’s a test I did vs Lord Dragon
Curse Satan 0 (4 star) survive 1S (balance tuned) vs Lord Dragon 0 (4 star) metal survive (balance tuned) 
Launches alternated
Lord (8 OS)
Curse (2 OS)
Curse 20%
Lord 80%

The 2 seemed fairly even but lord just had better stamina. This kinda goes against testing I did a couple days earlier so I’m still unsure, but I don’t like curse much anymore. It’s got low recoil with good stamina. I like it with hybrid now actually. With hybrid the opponent doesn’t make contact with curse itself and that helps curse’s stamina. When curse is tilted it’s wheels act as a destabilization type kind of thing. I dunno it’s weird. I’ve lost confidence in curse now that I’ve re-done some battles, testings, and found that Japanese guy. I think his name was PapaBey? I just searched Curse Blade testings and his channel showed up. So if you want to see the video just search Papabey and look through his videos. There’s not many videos so it should take you less than a minute to find.
So curse not gonna be brawl meta knight no more?
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:00 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: So curse not gonna be brawl meta knight no more?
Debatable. Personally I re-tested stuff and don’t feel the same about curse. Others might feel different or have found stuff that works with it. Personally I haven’t found anything that makes it good.
With Curse having not ideal stamina compared to others, that would mean its just primarily defense at this point. As much as it does relieve me that its not an OP Stamina-Defense Hybrid monster that'll dominate everything, it still poses a threat to the majority of attackers. If Curse is a threat to Attack then less Attack is played. Then more LAD is going to be played to counter Curse. Or maybe I'm over estimating it..

Edit: It's important that Attack is played in GT to balance out possible LAD spam
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:16 AM)Cindercast Wrote: With Curse having not ideal stamina compared to others, that would mean its just primarily defense at this point. As much as it does relieve me that its not an OP Stamina-Defense Hybrid monster that'll dominate everything, it still poses a threat to the majority of attackers. If Curse is a threat to Attack then less Attack is played. Then more LAD is going to be played to counter Curse. Or maybe I'm over estimating it..

Edit: It's important that Attack is played in GT to balance out possible LAD spam
True. Just purely defense. So here’s how I see things:
The main game is stamina. That’s what most people will play. Stamina LAD hybrids like never, Xtend+, hxt+’, bearing’, bearing, zone’+z, etc… 
             Stamina> Attack > Defense> Opp. Spin LAD> Same Spin
Does that make sense? People will use attack often, but mainly just to counter stamina. To counter the counter they’ll use defense. And to counter defense there’s more than 1 way. Either more same spin or more opposite spin stamina. This really shows that GT is a very balanced system since everything that counters eachother actually does it’s job. It’s just more complicated than the defense>stamina>attack triangle since LAD is a big part as well as specific attack countering other attackers, or specific stamina drivers having worse or better opp. Spin. 

So I’m guessing people will play curse as a counter to attack, but that just leads back to stamina or LAD having attack to counter it. Curse will no doubt lessen attack a bit, but with stamina to lessen defense attack will also greaten. Everything balances. 

I do think you’re overestimating curse a bit though. For one, it’s not like it’s a stone wall that’s impervious to judgement. And another thing is that who would actually take the risk? The only benefit curse will bring is beating attack, but with stamina being around so much as well it’s kinda like a 1 in 3 chance curse will get a favorable match. Most of the time stamina’s gonna be played, with a close 2nd being judgement combos, as well as other niche combos and combos meant specifically for same spin and opposite spin. I’d say aggressive stuff is about 1/3 of the overall combos so curse is a big risk to use in general. 

I dunno it’s all wierd. Luckily me and you have a tournament on the 26th so we’ll get to see. I’ll say one thing myself though, aggressive as a lot of my combos are I’m probably not gonna use curse unless I have a feeling I need too.
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:04 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:00 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: So curse not gonna be brawl meta knight no more?
Debatable. Personally I re-tested stuff and don’t feel the same about curse. Others might feel different or have found stuff that works with it. Personally I haven’t found anything that makes it good.
So it’s still smash 4 Bayonetta….
I'm surprised we're all ignoring Dan's stamina tests now. To me they are fairly conclusive that, given the oppressive nature of Curse vs left attack, it shouldn't be in this format - it basically murks left spin anything, which is a big strength. I'll do some tests later.
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:31 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:04 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Debatable. Personally I re-tested stuff and don’t feel the same about curse. Others might feel different or have found stuff that works with it. Personally I haven’t found anything that makes it good.
So it’s still smash 4 Bayonetta….
Haha… no idea what that means. If it’s a video game reference or something that’s probably why I don’t get it.
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:33 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:31 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: So it’s still smash 4 Bayonetta….
Haha… no idea what that means. If it’s a video game reference or something that’s probably why I don’t get it.
Bayonetta in super smash bros for wii u/3DS ruined the competitive scene upon her release as she was too broken. It’s not as bad as Brawl Meta Knight (who was so broken in his introduction on super smash bros. Brawl he got banned several times).
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:32 AM)th!nk Wrote: I'm surprised we're all ignoring Dan's stamina tests now.
This started with me saying I re-tested stuff. I’m sure Dan’s test are accurate but I’m also confident in mine. It’s wierd. I did specifically say “Personally I re-tested stuff and don’t feel the same about curse. Others might feel different or have found stuff that works with it. Personally I haven’t found anything that makes it good.” I’m still unsure. Cindercast was simply saying that curse’s defense could weaken attack to the point where stamina rules the game and I just responded with my personal feeling of how everything is balanced.
The brief opposite spin testing I did tended to match what Dan reported so 🤷

Could be the use of survive and it having poorer stability with the wider layer, or the use of Metal Survive (note Dan used identical parts and still switched half way to reduce any stray variables).
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2022  3:33 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Haha… no idea what that means. If it’s a video game reference or something that’s probably why I don’t get it.
Bayonetta in super smash bros for wii u/3DS ruined the competitive scene upon her release as she was too broken. It’s not as bad as Brawl Meta Knight (who was so broken in his introduction on super smash bros. Brawl he got banned several times).
As I said, it’s debatable. I personally am not very hopeful of it, but there are others who have done tests that prove otherwise. I guess we wait until the first tournament to see.

(Feb. 23, 2022  3:40 AM)th!nk Wrote: The brief opposite spin testing I did tended to match what Dan reported so 🤷
It’s opposite spin is average yeah, but it’s the same spin I’m not so confident in anymore. It’s decent, just not good. Debatable though.

Also just to add this, I did my testing with 2 4 star 0’s, orbit/orbit Metal and survive/metal survive. Both pretty thin. Dan did his with 0 cross/wheel and revolve which has a wider base and slightly wider disc. This makes me thing curse benefits from a driver that has a wider base due to it being semi-large itself? That would explain why I found it’s decent on hybrid.