[Cumming, GA] 9/22/12- The Quest to Beat Mooncake!

on
Hosted by
  Primal
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The Quest to Beat Mooncake!

Hello everyone! What you're currently reading is the official thread for Georgia's September tournament: The Quest to Beat Mooncake!. This tournament will be held at Ducktown Park in Cumming, our most frequent tournament site. The tournament will start promptly at 2:00, and will run until it ends.

Date: Saturday, September 22, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

5895 Heardsville Road, Cumming, GA, 30028

Surface: Grass! If you don't want your tips messed up, bring blankets!

Prizes: To be determined.

Confirmed Participants:
  • Primal
  • Harkins
  • Grimlock
  • Purple Pony
  • MxGIC
  • cosmicblader123
  • diblee123
  • Diablo226
  • beast0801

Unconfirmed Participants:
  • RuselBrown
  • Redson205
  • Sirius x Blazar

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I swear, your Event Proposals are getting accepted faster and faster Grin
Hoping to see some new faces like last tournament, but hopefully more this time Pinching_eyes
I HATE YOU ROUND ROBIN.
Something I forgot to mention:

If any of you have Zero-G stadiums (we'd need at least two or three), would you guys be interested in having a Zero-G tournament to accompany the normal MFB one? The format's rules are listed in the WBO's standard rule system, just in case you need to brush up on them. Smile
I might come to this. Most likely will if I have the gas money. I live in Carrollton Georgia.
Hey, good luck with this guys. You are not having much activity, but I am sure you will do great. Wink
Argh, mad scramble for Thief Pionec. If round robin is the format again, I will go sit in a corner and cry. Now, I shall go back to actually trying to create combos for competitive use.
So all of the Georgia bladers disappeared?
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeety much. I'm kind of disappointed, tbh. We used to have such a thriving, active metagame, and now we have the bare minimum amount of people...

Time to move to Toronto/North Carolina/the UK, haha.
I'd be sad to move to the UK/Toronto/NC- wait, nevermind. More tournaments. More BLOCK round robin. Although, it is nice to know the people coming. I'll stick with GA and my Attack-to-Stamina combos.
Haha I wish there were some Blader's closer to me, DouglasVille, Villa Rica and Carrollton area. Gas is so much for my V8 truck, it's not fair. Uncertain Lol.
Wait, is there an Age Limit?
(Sep. 08, 2012  6:04 AM)RuselBrown Wrote: Haha I wish there were some Blader's closer to me, DouglasVille, Villa Rica and Carrollton area. Gas is so much for my V8 truck, it's not fair. Uncertain Lol.
Wait, is there an Age Limit?

Their are no age limits for WBO tournaments, much fairer than WBBA tournaments.
Haha ok, just wondering because I'm 21, and I'm kind of worried about these kid's parent's judging me harshly. If you saw my Facebook picture's and what I look like, you would understand why. Facebook name is Rusel Brown
Also, would you guy's mind listing the city you live in for me? I live in Carrollton, and I'm looking to find some people that live closer to me, to Bey with.
I live in Marietta/East Cobb. I'm not sure if I know where Carrollton is though.
Carrollton is near Villa Rica, Temple, Bremen. About 15-25 minute's down the road from Doulasville. I mean I can drive to Douglasville easily, just any further kill's the gas and my wallet.
Won't be able to come Speechless|||||||

Going to Mexico on the 22nd now.
oh yes! Finally a tourney in georgia! though its kind of far for me i live in duluth. i have to ask my dad. they will be selling passports their to, right?
(Sep. 11, 2012  10:19 PM)diblee123 Wrote: they will be selling passports their to, right?

Yes, you can buy passports at WBO sanctioned events and online.
@Rusel: I live in Alpharetta, but if I were to live literally 10 minutes away from where I am now, I'd be in Cumming.

@Zancrow: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- Oh wait, now we all have a bit of a chance at first place, haha.
Have fun, though! Smile

@diblee: Finally? We've been having tournaments almost every month since August 2011, what are you talking about? Tongue_out
But yeah, Passports will be available for sale. If you plan on coming to more tournaments, buying one is definitely worth it, haha. Smile
dont worry, they might be more people because, i have 3 friends that might want to enter.
i really strongly want to have the prizes as 4d beys because i dont like zero-g much at all.
I did not hear about that. the only tournaments in georgia i heard about is one in december 2011, one in march or may at powder spring ga, and this one. pm me every time you have a tournament in ga. Smile
also can you make the prizes 4d beyblade from takara tomy? thanks! Smile
SoulEater57 i think its fair that their is a age limit because older people launch much harder.im 10 and if i challenge a 21 year old of course i will lose. he has more than double my launch power. also 2 questions.
i only hsve ripcord launchers so will i be battling ppl who are using strinng or other types of launchers?
if yes, than will they supply me with a same type of launcher? pls answer someone.
(Sep. 09, 2012  2:26 AM)RuselBrown Wrote: Haha ok, just wondering because I'm 21, and I'm kind of worried about these kid's parent's judging me harshly. If you saw my Facebook picture's and what I look like, you would understand why. Facebook name is Rusel Brown

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING 21 Grin

But no, seriously, at the last tournament I went to none of the parents seemed to mind much about how old I was. I try to make it a point to prove that I'm not a terrible guy, and that I understand that a 21-year-old liking Beyblade does sound kind of odd, haha! I make sure not to ever trade with anybody and help out as much as I can to show I'm not trying to bully kids or anything, as if I was a parent I'd certainly be worried about that. I wouldn't sweat it too much (I don't, anyway!).

EDIT: Ah, I wouldn't be too worried about an age limit. Yeah, wei are older, but it doesn't necessarily mean we're twice as strong or anything. We might be somewhat stronger, sure, but that doesn't mean you won't have a good shot at beating someone older! Just make sure you know your customs and what beats what and you'll have a fighting chance for sure. I lost to plenty of people half my age at the last tournament, haha!

As far as launchers go, many of us will be using string launchers, and I don't think people supply launchers at tournaments typically. If you have the chance, try to nab one before the tournament; if you buy from someone like 88powerpig88 on eBay, it will ship and arrive within 3-ish days, plenty of time before the tournament. If you can't manage to get one, you can still do well with a ripcord launcher! You might consider using left-spin stuff if you only have access to ripcords since you can weak launch and have a good shot at winning Grin
Primal i only have ripcord launchers and will i have to use those to face people with diffrent types of launchers? or will the provide me with a string launcher or any other launcher? if not anyone whos coming to this tournament if youhave a extra string launcher, light launcher v2, or rev up please bring a extra i can borrow.