[Cumming, GA] 9/22/12- The Quest to Beat Mooncake!

on
Hosted by
  Primal
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The Quest to Beat Mooncake!

Hello everyone! What you're currently reading is the official thread for Georgia's September tournament: The Quest to Beat Mooncake!. This tournament will be held at Ducktown Park in Cumming, our most frequent tournament site. The tournament will start promptly at 2:00, and will run until it ends.

Date: Saturday, September 22, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

5895 Heardsville Road, Cumming, GA, 30028

Surface: Grass! If you don't want your tips messed up, bring blankets!

Prizes: To be determined.

Confirmed Participants:
  • Primal
  • Harkins
  • Grimlock
  • Purple Pony
  • MxGIC
  • cosmicblader123
  • diblee123
  • Diablo226
  • beast0801

Unconfirmed Participants:
  • RuselBrown
  • Redson205
  • Sirius x Blazar

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

im coming too! i was referred by diblee123. hes my brother
i know im coming for sure now. you can put me with the confirmed particapants
Anyone know how to un confirm then confirm?
First off, don't triple post. If you have anything to add, edit your previous post. As for you launcher question, ripcord launchers are allowed, but the string launchers are far more superior. Of course, if anyone does have a spare, they could possibly lend you one. Its best to just buy your own though.

You bring your own equipment. You can use your ripcord launcher. Maybe someone might possibly lend you a string one.

(Sep. 12, 2012  8:11 PM)iman7575 Wrote: Anyone know how to un confirm then confirm?

If you are 100% sure that you are going, you say that you are confirmed. Primal will update the thread with who is going and such. If you are not sure, you post saying that you might or might not come.

Please do make up your mind then post your status. As its tiresome to "confirm" and then "un-confirm" and then "confirm" again.

how do you do input formats
I cant come. sorry everyone. anybody nice could send me a present to heal my sorrow. my parents wont let me go. at least DIBLEE123 CAN GO. Just because im a girl they are not letting me go becasue they say i will waste my money. Unhappy
and my brother gets to go. mabe because im entering with rock aries ed145b. my brother is entering with twisted pegasus 230wd, and i don't like it one bit.
in my home i never get 2 do anything
at least I might come to watch
Well, that's sad, but remember, edit the post and don't double post. Also, will we have enough for block round robin?
EDIT: At this moment, would we?
Haha ok thank's. Yeah I was planning on helping, doing what ever I can. Probably oing to wear a long seleve shirt to cover up my tatt's, unless it's too horribly hot. And If I do come, I have a String Launcher and Rev-up launcher I could let the kid asking for one borrow. Smile
I can guess how my brother will do 1st round 80 percent sure he will win 2nd round 50 percent sure he's gonna win 3rd round and/or others (if there are any) the outcome is random.
(Sep. 13, 2012  8:48 PM)iman7575 Wrote: I can guess how my brother will do 1st round 80 percent sure he will win 2nd round 50 percent sure he's gonna win 3rd round and/or others (if there are any) the outcome is random.
i will win the whole thing

(Sep. 09, 2012  5:44 PM)cosmicblader123 Wrote: confirm me plz

i have a question, do u have any spare string launcher or revup launchers or light lightlauncherv2s? because if u do could u bring one for me? because i dont have any nice launchers, all i have is a ripcord launchers.
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:40 AM)Purple Pony Wrote: Well, that's sad, but remember, edit the post and don't double post. Also, will we have enough for block round robin?
EDIT: At this moment, would we?

i have a question, do u have any spare string launcher or revup launchers or light lightlauncherv2s? because if u do could u bring one for me? because i dont have any nice launchers, all i have is a ripcord launchers.
(Sep. 09, 2012  8:05 PM)Harkins Wrote: I live in Marietta/East Cobb. I'm not sure if I know where Carrollton is though.

(Sep. 12, 2012  4:40 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2012  2:26 AM)RuselBrown Wrote: Haha ok, just wondering because I'm 21, and I'm kind of worried about these kid's parent's judging me harshly. If you saw my Facebook picture's and what I look like, you would understand why. Facebook name is Rusel Brown

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING 21 Grin

But no, seriously, at the last tournament I went to none of the parents seemed to mind much about how old I was. I try to make it a point to prove that I'm not a terrible guy, and that I understand that a 21-year-old liking Beyblade does sound kind of odd, haha! I make sure not to ever trade with anybody and help out as much as I can to show I'm not trying to bully kids or anything, as if I was a parent I'd certainly be worried about that. I wouldn't sweat it too much (I don't, anyway!).

EDIT: Ah, I wouldn't be too worried about an age limit. Yeah, wei are older, but it doesn't necessarily mean we're twice as strong or anything. We might be somewhat stronger, sure, but that doesn't mean you won't have a good shot at beating someone older! Just make sure you know your customs and what beats what and you'll have a fighting chance for sure. I lost to plenty of people half my age at the last tournament, haha!

As far as launchers go, many of us will be using string launchers, and I don't think people supply launchers at tournaments typically. If you have the chance, try to nab one before the tournament; if you buy from someone like 88powerpig88 on eBay, it will ship and arrive within 3-ish days, plenty of time before the tournament. If you can't manage to get one, you can still do well with a ripcord launcher! You might consider using left-spin stuff if you only have access to ripcords since you can weak launch and have a good shot at winning Grin

(Aug. 30, 2012  1:23 AM)Primal Wrote:
The Quest to Beat Mooncake!

Hello everyone! What you're currently reading is the official thread for Georgia's September tournament: The Quest to Beat Mooncake!. This tournament will be held at Ducktown Park in Cumming, our most frequent tournament site. The tournament will start promptly at 2:00, and will run until it ends.

Date: Saturday, September 22, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

5895 Heardsville Road, Cumming, GA, 30028

Surface: Grass! If you don't want your tips messed up, bring blankets!

Prizes: To be determined.

Confirmed Participants:
  • Primal
  • Harkins
  • Grimlock
  • Ingulit
  • Purple Pony
  • Demon
  • MxGIC
  • cosmicblader123
  • diblee123

Unconfirmed Participants:
  • RuselBrown
(Sep. 12, 2012  8:18 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
First off, don't triple post. If you have anything to add, edit your previous post. As for you launcher question, ripcord launchers are allowed, but the string launchers are far more superior. Of course, if anyone does have a spare, they could possibly lend you one. Its best to just buy your own though.

You bring your own equipment. You can use your ripcord launcher. Maybe someone might possibly lend you a string one.

(Sep. 12, 2012  8:11 PM)iman7575 Wrote: Anyone know how to un confirm then confirm?

If you are 100% sure that you are going, you say that you are confirmed. Primal will update the thread with who is going and such. If you are not sure, you post saying that you might or might not come.

Please do make up your mind then post your status. As its tiresome to "confirm" and then "un-confirm" and then "confirm" again.
thanks, you're very helpful on the wbo.
(Sep. 12, 2012  8:18 PM)Insomniac Wrote:

can we use customizations in these tournaments? im new here so i dont know much about it.
Yes, the World Beyblade Organization allows real Beyblading, which includes customizations, no age limits, etc.
(Sep. 14, 2012  4:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, the World Beyblade Organization allows real Beyblading, which includes customizations, no age limits, etc.

i have question, should'nt it be unfair if im using a ripcord launcher and the opponent is using a diffrent type of launcher? because in my opinion i think the launchers should be the same on both sides. can we do that for this tourney, because i only have ripcord launchers.
@Dilbee,

It's perfectly fair. How is it unfair? One person just invested more money in beyblade. And you've said you have ripcord launchers a million times. I think we get it.
You could just borrow someone's Beylauncher ... In everything, you are responsible for your own equipment, and you just had to buy yourself a proper launcher before. Even a Rev-Up Launcher could be a better option.
Anyways, about a week from the tourney! Couldn't get any zero-g stuff, so I'll probably be sitting over by a corner being completely obliterated by a Guardian Reviser.
(Sep. 15, 2012  4:05 AM)Purple Pony Wrote: Anyways, about a week from the tourney! Couldn't get any zero-g stuff, so I'll probably be sitting over by a corner being completely obliterated by a Guardian Reviser.

Hopefully not by a Guardian Revizer, at least, hah. If it has a Crytsal Wheel, you have a chance.
Still supah sad that I couldn't come to this :C
I had a good chance of topping too..
(Sep. 15, 2012  3:57 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You could just borrow someone's Beylauncher ... In everything, you are responsible for your own equipment, and you just had to buy yourself a proper launcher before. Even a Rev-Up Launcher could be a better option.

so far i've been asking everyone and the only one whos even replied about that is Rusel Brown and it looks like he cant come. I will be mainly using twisted pegasis 230wd, so what chance do you think I have of winning. i think i might be able to beat some people but their are people older, who have better launchers than i do. i think im gonna lose. also i cant buy any beyblade products until august 25th 2013 because my dad said if I by one more beyblade product than i have to wait a year until he buys me another. but if i win in a tournament or my friends come over and give it to me, than thats ok. but the point is i cant buy another launcher. i hope someone whos coming lets me borrow theirs. if i get through the first round than i will ask the people who lost than if i can borrow their launcher for sometime.
(Sep. 15, 2012  1:38 PM)diblee123 Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2012  3:57 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You could just borrow someone's Beylauncher ... In everything, you are responsible for your own equipment, and you just had to buy yourself a proper launcher before. Even a Rev-Up Launcher could be a better option.

so far i've been asking everyone and the only one whos even replied about that is Rusel Brown and it looks like he cant come. I will be mainly using twisted pegasis 230wd, so what chance do you think I have of winning. i think i might be able to beat some people but their are people older, who have better launchers than i do. i think im gonna lose. also i cant buy any beyblade products until august 25th 2013 because my dad said if I by one more beyblade product than i have to wait a year until he buys me another. but if i win in a tournament or my friends come over and give it to me, than thats ok. but the point is i cant buy another launcher. i hope someone whos coming lets me borrow theirs. if i get through the first round than i will ask the people who lost than if i can borrow their launcher for sometime.
Yeah, I think we all saw that you ask everybody...with your post that had 10 quotes and 10 paragraphs of you asking the exact same thing...
And there is no way to know exactly how well you will do, it all depends on who you face and what combo they use.
Also, I wouldn't tell everybody the exact combo you are using lol

If there was an Official Tournament in Douglasville, would anyone or any of ya'll actually come?
I would, that is if I had nothing else going on.
Russell, if I could I would. Except, spinning tops across GA is waaaaaay down the list of what I can do instead of other things to my parents.
How do you sign up? I want to go!
my diablo nemises will crush all of you!