Cosmic Discussion

I understand that we posted essentially at the same time, but really, nobody should post more tests for now until someone actually owns both Cosmic and Big Bang to compare ...
I honestly find these results hard to believe... Definitely, we at least need comparatives with Big Bang, at the very least....

The video was really cool and everything, and I mean absolutely no offence to Meow! here (if anything, the most likely answer is he's just 2pro4duo). That said, now that E230 is basically the prime defense track, I don't expect this to take the world by storm anyway.
When my stuff comes in from what I ordered, i'll post some test. Grin
I like this!! At least one thing will be somewhat useful...

I actually have a friend who had Cosmic, SO I tried it, but with AD145MF...

BB-10
String Launcher + Grip

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs AD145MF VS MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Cosmic: 12/20 (1 OS, 11 KO)
Basalt: 8/20 (7 OS, 1 KO)
1 draw redone
Cosmic %: 60%

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs AD145MF VS Basalt Aquario 230CS
Cosmic: 10/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 10/20 (9 OS, 1 KO)
Cosmic %: 50%

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs AD145MF VS MF-H Wing Aquario BD145CS
Cosmic: 15/20 (All KO)
Wing: 5/20 (4 OS, 1 KO)
2 draws redone
Cosmic %: 75%

Against Wing, Cosmic would've had about 10% less, because it had remarkably several wall saves, but not too affected either way...

My friend also did testing, and as most of the time, Cosmic AD145MF beat mid-height Phantom Stamina Combos as well...
Wow I'm going to have to try out that MF variant. Grin

I was a little afraid at first because of how light cosmic is. I was afraid it would get tossed around.

Glad other people are seeing cosmic's attack powers.
Defstamina what launch technique did you use
I made ​​a video with BigBang, and isn't very effective against Duo BD145CS ...
I'm really liking all this video posting, it gives a great idea of what is going on!

So I've been doing informal testing of my own of MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs TH170(RF/R2F) against MF-H (Duo/Death) ___ BD145(CS/RB/RS) and made some notes:
  • Cosmic is actually getting KOs. Like, a lot of them. HOWEVER:
  • This custom has tons of recoil, and most of the time that recoil is vertical. Put another way, Cosmic will soar into the air after contact, high enough to almost hit me on several occasions.
  • Because the recoil is so vertical, R2F doesn't help tame the recoil since it isn't even touching the ground.
  • Though there is vertical recoil, I didn't notice any significant force smashing going on. It seemed more like straight-up smash attack to me.
  • If this custom scores a KO, the opposing Beyblade flys further than when it's hit by my Flash, no joke..
  • Anti-Attack knocks Cosmic down and steals its lunch money. This custom couldn't do a thing to MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145R2F or MF-H Basalt Horogium TR145R2F.

What I noticed is that the custom mainly needs more weight. I tried it on BD145 and E230, but Cosmic can't make any significant contact. However, there is another track that might work:

Somebody try MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs SA165R2F.

SA165 is basically the perfect height, is over 6 grams in weight, and MIGHT not block the important contact points as much. I say might since I don't have the part and can't say for sure.
Somebody own Big Bang too first. Hah.
Im gonna buy it when it will relese in India
Looks like nice bey
Cosmic+w105+r2f will make a worthwhile purchase Grin
I want to see hasbro variares and blitz in testings.
(Jul. 31, 2012  3:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Somebody own Big Bang too first. Hah.

I'm really itching for these packages too come in. I wanna test them for all of you so bad! lol
I did a video with more testing (10 rounds like terzinaccio's), just to show you the kind of launch for cosmic.

....and because I really had nothing better to do.

So I got to do some tests with Big Bang (in the same mode Cosmic is in), and I got substantially worse tests using AD145MF...

MF-H Big Bang Kerbecs AD145MF VS MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Big Bang: 5/20 (1 OS, 4 KO)
Basalt: 15/20 (14 OS, 1 KO)
Big Bang %: 25%

MF-H Big Bang Kerbecs AD145MF VS Basalt Aquario 230CS
Big Bang: 2/20 (both KO)
Basalt: 18/20 (all OS)
Big Bang %: 10%

MF-H Big Bang Kerbecs AD145MF VS MF-H Wing Aquario BD145CS
Big Bang: 0/20
Wing: 20/20 (All OS)
Big Bang %: 0%

Recall the results from my Cosmic tests...

DefStamina88 Wrote:MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs AD145MF VS MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Cosmic: 12/20 (1 OS, 11 KO)
Basalt: 8/20 (7 OS, 1 KO)
1 draw redone
Cosmic %: 60%

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs AD145MF VS Basalt Aquario 230CS
Cosmic: 10/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 10/20 (9 OS, 1 KO)
Cosmic %: 50%

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs AD145MF VS MF-H Wing Aquario BD145CS
Cosmic: 15/20 (All KO)
Wing: 5/20 (4 OS, 1 KO)
2 draws redone
Cosmic %: 75%

The one who did worst against Cosmic did best against Big Bang, and when all three tests are averaged together, it's a 50% decrease in win rate.

So, according to my tests, Cosmic>Big Bang.
How is that even possible ? Even with the fact that it is sealed into one piece, the whole thing weighs almost ten grams less ...
(Aug. 02, 2012  2:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: How is that even possible ? Even with the fact that it is sealed into one piece, the whole thing weighs almost ten grams less ...
Goes to show weight isn't all that its cracked up to believe but in all seriousness I would be better if you guys ran a few more tests Just to be sure.
I have to agree with Kai-V. The shape may be conducive, but no matter how perfect the shape is in a weight-based meta Cosmic should be making a hole in the wall larger than Galaxy Pegasis' seal.
Defstamina, It is a mystery I almost don't believe it, but I know you won't lie from what I know about you... but wow.

Again, wtf, It is a mystery again...
Maybe it makes up for it with speed or something, combined with a good shape? Honestly I have no idea but the videos are there and people are getting these results... It reminds me of that video of Tornado R145RF(R2F? IDK) or some similar tornado combo KOing Basalt BD145CS, except in this case more than one person is getting it (and the attacker isn't moving as fast as the tornado combo was). Uncertain

Could someone try it against Diablo or one of the less overpowered but still defensively-strong synchroms? I'm curious to see what it does against an even heavier opponent (though basalt already gives some indication I'm probably wrong on this).

Also if anyone has been using their cosmic a lot for this combo, and it has visible wear, could you upload clear pictures of that wear?
Mine has worn down pretty much...well visually. I have yet to notice any significant performance changes.

Here they are Th!nk:

Interesting, thankyou very much for those. Those contact points are quite pronounced, and the area at the front of the wing is quite focussed, and I imagine less obstructed than Big Bang.

One more thing I'd like to request, from someone who has both Big Bang Pegasis and Cosmic Pegasus, is comparative solo spins on 145WD with a three sided clear wheel (and keep it in the same position for both). Odd request, I know, I don't know if it will be helpful but I'm curious to see if it show us anything.
(Aug. 02, 2012  2:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: How is that even possible ? Even with the fact that it is sealed into one piece, the whole thing weighs almost ten grams less ...

although it has less weight it may be a good thing as the beyblade can move faster with r2f
gives it more speed to charge at the beyblade thus making it ko more
(Aug. 02, 2012  5:03 AM)aj_the_elite Wrote: although it has less weight it may be a good thing as the beyblade can move faster with r2f
gives it more speed to charge at the beyblade thus making it ko more
but wouldn't it packs when it attacks ? So it wouldn't ko easily

must... get...cosmic...must...test...out...

The sealed part makes it seem less recoil-y, unlike Big Bang, who has brute weight, but much more rattling and recoil...

(Aug. 02, 2012  3:04 AM)th!nk Wrote: Could someone try it against Diablo?

Diablo, in both Pure Defense and Anti-Attack, destroy the AD145MF Variant in my case...

Cosmic Tests
Compare to Big Bang, who perhaps had slightly better results...

Big Bang Tests

(Aug. 02, 2012  3:31 AM)th!nk Wrote: One more thing I'd like to request, from someone who has both Big Bang Pegasis and Cosmic Pegasus, is comparative solo spins on 145WD with a three sided clear wheel (and keep it in the same position for both).

Big Bang Pegasis 145WD: 1:53:3, 1:49:9, 1:50:6, 1:51:8, 1:51:1 AVG: 1:51:34
Cosmic Pegasis 145WD: 1:54:0, 1:54:2, 1:53:3, 1: 54:2, 2:00:1 AVG: 1:55:16

I'm surprised by these results, actually...
Well, the pictures of cosmic made me think that perhaps it just has a really, really good weight distribution (or at least one that more than compensated for the weight loss when combined with the better defined and "accessible" contact points) and judging from the spin times that is a possibility.
The theory with Diablo was basically that Cosmic would be too light to budge it, despite being able to handle Duo fairly effectively, basically I'm thinking it can KO low recoil defense because it has good contact points so it can still land focussed hits even on round things - which I guess is kinda indicated by the need for deep banking - perhaps that's allowing a certain contact point to hit, and it's likely hitting downwards, meaning its hitting a flat surface (the top of Duo/whatever) rather than a curved one, and therefore doing more damage, as well as having distribution and speed, but it doesn't have the weight behind it to handle Diablo. I was kinda expecting it to be KO'd by recoil against diablo (in a defensive setup), especially on MF, though. Perhaps I'm biased because I'm so immersed in plastics, and this is a very plastic-y approach/guess I'm taking, but it makes decent sense to me.

The fact it's done well against basalt is kinda offputting but I guess basalt is below the limit of Cosmics powers. I'd still like to see the TH170R2F setup tested against Diablo BD145CS, as well as more testing in general from other people. The fact it's

Oh, it'd also be nice if people who have/are going to test it could weigh their cosmic wheels, even just on a kitchen scale, and another wheel we know the weight of (something like Earth or whatever would be best).