CoroCoro July news: Xeno Xcalibur, Beyblade Burst Driger S, Obelisk Odin, and more

There’s been a ton of breaking Beyblade Burst news over the past few days, and now that we got our hands on this month’s CoroCoro — the monthly Japanese magazine that features Beyblade in it every month — so we thought it’d be helpful post a summary of everything. Warning: big images ahead, as these are full-sized magazine scans.

[Image: 425Hynl.jpg]

Here’s what we’re going to go over:
  • Xeno Xcalibur .M.I starter with Sword Launcher
  • Random Layer Collection Vol. 3
  • New Rare Bey Get Battle Prize, βaldur
  • Obelisk Odin .T.X booster
  • Beyblade Burst Driger S (!)

[Image: jGgR0LO.jpg]

We got our first detailed look at Xeno Xcalibur .M.I (Magnum Impact). Priced at ¥1,500, it’s slightly more expensive than the average Beyblade Burst starter set. Which makes sense, considering there’s nothing average about what’s inside:

[center][Image: 000320.png][/center]

As was previously known, Xeno Xcalibur is the first Layer to have a three-layer construction. A large golden sword, a clear red middle piece, and an icy-blue base that features several aggressive-looking spikes projecting outwards.

[Image: 000321.png]

[*]A new disk, Magnum, which is the first Disk to also feature an attached plastic layer. It’s impossible to guess how it will perform, but it seems clear that the idea is that the Disk can be used as a method of attack as well as the Layer.

[Image: 000322.png]

[*]Finally, the new Impact Driver features a Y-shaped rubber tip dissected by plastic. The image in CoroCoro depicts an unusual movement pattern, but of course, it’s impossible to draw any conclusions about its real-world performance before we get our hands on it.
[/list]

[Image: B_48.png]

We also finally have some more information on the mysterious Sword Launcher and Sword Winder that come with Xeno Xcalibur. It appears to be similar in design to the winder-based Light Launcher, with a built in grip that the winder passes through. Evidently, rotating the Sword Winder will allow you to switch between “Power Mode” and “Control Mode.” We don’t currently know how each of these modes will function.

Xeno Xcalibur .M.I will be released early at the World Hobby Fair, with a general release on July 2nd.

[Image: OtX1U5s.png]

Also coming in early July is Random Layer Booster 3, featuring the prize Layer Jeir Jormungand, a green Evileye, red Yggdrasil, yellow Victory Valkyrie, and white Kaiser Kerberus. These are obtained in ¥400 vending machines in Japan, but some retailers do sell complete sets.

Arriving as a prize for the digital Rare Bey Get Battle is a new Dual Layer Beyblade, βaldur .β.β (Baldur written with the beta-symbol, as Amaterios was stylized with the alpha symbol as αmaterios αero αssault). Not much is known about it at this time, but we do have photos of all three of its parts available:

It will be available as the Rare Bey Get Battle prize on June 25th.

[Image: eWhxiXN.jpg]

This month’s release is Obelisk Odin .T.X. which releases on June 18th. Since Obelisk Odin was the prize of Random Layer Collection Vol. 2, it’s not a new part — nor is Xtreme, which debuted with Xcalibur Force Xtreme last December. The only new part is Triple, a round disk with three projections.

[Image: ObeliskOdin_TripleDisk.png]

However, this is the cheapest way to get Xtreme, a top-tier part that wears down over time. It’s also the cheapest Burst booster ever, being sold at a special promotional price of just ¥550 (compared to the regular price of ¥900).

[Image: R8HMdiR.jpg]

Finally, we come to what’s perhaps the most shocking news of the month. We’ve known for a while that a new chapter of the original Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga — featuring old characters like Takao (Tyson) and Rei — but it was revealed this month that there will also be 100 Driger S Burst Beyblades produced, advertised with a darkened photo of what is unmistakably the original Driger S design remade as a Burst Beyblade.

Unfortunately, only 100 of these gold Driger S Burst Beyblades will be produced and given away as lottery prizes. It’s unknown whether it will ever be made more widely available. But we can all hope.

You can see all of our July 2016 CoroCoro scans here. Some stuff pictured not mentioned above:
  • Gold, Silver, and Bronze Victory Valkyrie .B.V that will be used as G1 tournament prizes
  • A spinning-center BeyStadium that will be used as the final stadium at World Hobby Fair 2016 G1 event
  • A black Xcalibur Layer that will be included with the August issue of CoroCoro
  • A new book, Beyblade Burst Victory Start Guide
  • A guide on how Variable's condition changes its movement speed

Big thanks to @[Kai-V] for the scans.
Why drigger dranzer would have been better hope they widely release all the 4 bit Beyblades in the burst system
wow all awesome news. also all releases are super exciting [hard to not to buy em lol :p]

anyways thanks for posting Bey Brad Wink
Thank you for compiling all the new releases! Makes it much easier for members to catch up with the news.

I am excited for that black Xcalibur layer!
If you are interested in buying the black Xcalibur Layer for exactly what it costs in Japan, around five dollars, with very inexpensive express shipping and no need for a middleman service, contact me in three weeks hah.
Are you going to be in Japan in 3 weeks time?
Very sadly no, but I wish hahah.
Five dollars is a very good price , specially that the Canadian dollar is so weak compared to the Japanese yen

Thanks for all your hard work find the latest info from Japan, it's amazing. Do you know if that new stadium that looks like the Beyta stadium is coming out on the World Hobby fair?
Well around 500 yen hah.
Wow, this is awesome! Love the new Xcalibur. As over-the-top as it is, it's my favorite layer design so far and the launcher certainly looks unique; it'll be interesting to see how it performs compared to the regular light launcher. I'm also liking Baldur's design more than Amaterio, and am looking forward to a change in prize now that I have two of the latter. Looks like I'm going to have to start saving up for July!
It really going to be much harder to obtain an amaterious now but thanks for the news Kai-V
I'm so glad xeno xcalibur drops before I leave.
Thank you so much for this amazing news, Kai-V! I absolutely love Xeno Xcalibur. Busy as it is, I think it looks incredible.
(Jun. 16, 2016  10:36 PM)cadney Wrote: Thank you so much for this amazing news, Kai-V! I absolutely love Xeno Xcalibur. Busy as it is, I think it looks incredible.

Shout out to @[marutti] and @[OkinawamTS] for breaking much the news on the forum in the first place, as well Smile
(Jun. 16, 2016  12:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Unfortunately, only 100 of these gold Driger S Burst Beyblades will be produced and given away as lottery prizes. It’s unknown whether it will ever be made more widely available. But we can all hope.

Do we know anything about how to enter this lottery? Since I'm moving there in 7 days, I'd like to try my luck and enter.

(Jun. 16, 2016  12:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: A black Xcalibur Layer that will be included with the August issue of CoroCoro

Like, it's going to be the omake for that issue?

(Jun. 16, 2016  12:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This month’s release is Obelisk Odin .T.X. which releases on June 18th.

I guess I know what I'm buying first. How long is the promotion going on for?

Edit: Can we break down the news like this every month?
(Jun. 16, 2016  11:34 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2016  12:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Unfortunately, only 100 of these gold Driger S Burst Beyblades will be produced and given away as lottery prizes. It’s unknown whether it will ever be made more widely available. But we can all hope.

Do we know anything about how to enter this lottery? Since I'm moving there in 7 days, I'd like to try my luck and enter.

(Jun. 16, 2016  12:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: A black Xcalibur Layer that will be included with the August issue of CoroCoro

(Jun. 16, 2016  12:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This month’s release is Obelisk Odin .T.X. which releases on June 18th.

It will most likely be a scratch lottery as usual. Therefore, you have to scratch a set number of spots and then, only if out of those you got enough correct things, you send the card to CoroCoro. However, what OkinawamTS was telling me as well was that CoroCoro apparently rejects all applications that do not come from kids, and they select only one winner per region of Japan.

Exactly, it should come for sure with the next issue.

The Booster promotion goes until June 18th. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-34-St...pid1328260
(Jun. 16, 2016  11:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The Booster promotion goes until June 18th. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-34-St...pid1328260

OK, so it's the same promotion that was already going on. I thought it was a promo specifically for this release.
(Jun. 16, 2016  11:34 PM)Wizard Wrote: Edit: Can we break down the news like this every month?

Glad you liked it. If people find this helpful, we will continue to summarize news more like this.
Nuu... I haven't even won amaterios.. it's too expensive... I can't suffer DIS fate. NU T^T
(Jun. 16, 2016  11:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2016  11:34 PM)Wizard Wrote:

It will most likely be a scratch lottery as usual. Therefore, you have to scratch a set number of spots and then, only if out of those you got enough correct things, you send the card to CoroCoro. However, what OkinawamTS was telling me as well was that CoroCoro apparently rejects all applications that do not come from kids, and they select only one winner per region of Japan.

Exactly, it should come for sure with the next issue.

The Booster promotion goes until June 18th. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-34-St...pid1328260

That...makes no sense. Why? Kids of today likely do not know about Bakuten Shoot.
And by kid I assume 12 years old, or so.
And I think that CoroCoro Aniki, in which all this Bakuten Shoot Beyblade revival chapter is going on, is actually meant for an older audience than the small kids who read CoroCoro.
(Jun. 16, 2016  11:59 PM)Sıon Wrote: Nuu... I haven't even won amaterios.. it's too expensive... I can't suffer DIS fate. NU T^T

Actually, you may have the option to select which prize Bey you want or play for.

(Jun. 17, 2016  12:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote: And I think that CoroCoro Aniki, in which all this Bakuten Shoot Beyblade revival chapter is going on, is actually meant for an older audience than the small kids who read CoroCoro.

This is very odd. I don't know why they would have a kids/only contest in a older audience-based magazine. That's like having a contest for kids only in a hunting magazine. But, hopefully you can just put a fake name and young age ;x

And @[Bey Brad]; as I mentioned before, I think this type of thread is great, as it compiles everything and makes it easier to find.
I feel like that "rejects all applicants that aren't kids" thing was just Oki speculating, I don't think anyone has any evidence of that.
I think we should have this kind of thread every month, I kinda got lost in all the info. Also, I love finally getting HD scans of the full section of CoroCoro. And there's so mich stuff to BUY.. RIP my wallet. I'll probably go with xeno xcalibur just cause of it's overdesigned look and the launcher. But, I'll have to get the bakuten beys if they come out since hasbro peobably won't release them :p

Thanks to everyone who presented info.