Computer viruses!

Poll: Have you ever goten a computer virus?

Yes
82.99%
No
17.01%
Total: 100% 147 vote(s)
Once I used to got 150 viruses.Well now I have Bitdefender total security and It is pretty well. I downloaded bitdefender from internet ( trial version ) but my sis know how to make some software full version. But whenever I got a virus ( serious one ) and my antivirus can't delete it I used to format my computer I have done it 2 dozen times since I got my comp.I love to format computers.
(Mar. 26, 2012  6:44 PM)Nyan Cat Wrote: Me too. Though watching videos about them is entertaining and helps others learn about viruses.

For me its like seeing a baby seal get Filleted its painful >< (why am i still posting?)
Whenever I try to get on the Minecraft Wiki, I get blasted with trojans.
I am most definitely jelly.
Whats the ulr? I want to test it.
(Mar. 26, 2012  6:49 PM)cool dude ginka Wrote: Once I used to got 150 viruses.Well now I have Bitdefender total security and It is pretty well. I downloaded bitdefender from internet ( trial version ) but my sis know how to make some software full version. But whenever I got a virus ( serious one ) and my antivirus can't delete it I used to format my computer I have done it 2 dozen times since I got my comp.I love to format computers.
Why? Don't you have any documents on the computer that are important?
Yes, its because most people don't use Macs, so they usually target the popular Windows. I think its funny when computers at school get infected.
Just my two cents here. I'm now a Mac user but still use Windows XP on my PC, my parents PC and sisters Laptop. All have Avast free and Zonealarm free installed (most recent versions). No problems and they work well together. Avast is one of the leading FREE antiviruses that give you the same quality as paid for antiviruses.

Anyway, most viruses normally come from people not using their common sense at the end of the day. I went a year with no anti-virus and didn't receive a virus, says it all really.
Also, another good tip! I might start putting all the things I think are good tips a the OP now.
(Mar. 26, 2012  9:01 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Just my two cents here. I'm now a Mac user but still use Windows XP on my PC, my parents PC and sisters Laptop. All have Avast free and Zonealarm free installed (most recent versions). No problems and they work well together. Avast is one of the leading FREE antiviruses that give you the same quality as paid for antiviruses.

Anyway, most viruses normally come from people not using their common sense at the end of the day. I went a year with no anti-virus and didn't receive a virus, says it all really.

Rule number one to not get viruses: Don't come looking for them. It may sound stupid but what BeyUK pointed out is a sad truth; too many people lack common sense.

(I guess I lacked common sense a whole lot in 2008.)
Hey, that is true. No one wants a virus, so no one should look for them, unless you mean look for them on your computer.
By that I mean, don't go on places that are known for being hazardous even if doing so is useful to you. Many people download things via torrents for various reasons and often, those files come with trojans or other similar malware.
Oh, yea, that is true. I don't understand why some people want to infect their computers. I mean, it doesn't make sense. I would only do that if I was using a virtual machine to test.
Avast Free anti-virus has sandboxing now which is useful. Same thing as virtual machine.

(Mar. 26, 2012  11:12 PM)Nyan Cat Wrote: Oh, yea, that is true. I don't understand why some people want to infect their computers. I mean, it doesn't make sense. I would only do that if I was using a virtual machine to test.
(Mar. 26, 2012  11:12 PM)Nyan Cat Wrote: Oh, yea, that is true. I don't understand why some people want to infect their computers. I mean, it doesn't make sense. I would only do that if I was using a virtual machine to test.

Stealing information, games, anything, and also because they feel satisfied knowing they've ruined someone's life.
Well, yes, that's true, but I men't why do people want to infect their own computers.
Um they clearly don't. They're probably not aware of what not to go on or don't care. I very much doubt anyone would seek to infect their computer with a virus.
They usually do it, to see if they can fix it and to report infections to virus removal communities like anti-virus product forums etc. This is the only reasons I can think of.

(Mar. 26, 2012  11:55 PM)Nyan Cat Wrote: Well, some people do it "for fun", which I don't understand.

I am so lucky.
My anti-vuris software is down, but due to my habits of not downloading ANYTHING if I know it's not safe, and mainly only attending 4-5 websites (WBO, FB, another forum or 2, and Youtube) my comp has yet to recieve viruses.
It crashes often, but that's due to the battery dying.
Stupid battery that only gets 1 percent per miniute...
I have a laptop that HAS to stay plugged in, or else it goes from 100% battery to 1% in a few minutes...
My local techie that upgraded my computer told me never to update yor computer, and also downloaded FREE AVG for me which has been really helpful, gotten rid of like 7 or 8 trojans for me, and even has a virus vault to contain viruses.
(Mar. 30, 2012  1:41 AM)hammer hades Wrote: My local techie that upgraded my computer told me never to update yor computer, and also downloaded FREE AVG for me which has been really helpful, gotten rid of like 7 or 8 trojans for me, and even has a virus vault to contain viruses.

AVG is garbage nowadays. Microsoft Security Essentials is the best straight up antivirus, and it's best complimented by MalwareBytes and SUPERAntispyware.

(Mar. 29, 2012  1:50 AM)Crab Commando Wrote: I have a laptop that HAS to stay plugged in, or else it goes from 100% battery to 1% in a few minutes...

This is not a virus, this is a dead battery.
Batteries only cost like $30. For a different branded one.

And; I just uninstalled KASPERSKY, because it was insanely annoying. Is Microsoft Security Ess. annoying, Hazel?
(By annoying, I mean by like popping the application up for EVERY little thing)
No, it isn't. It's probably the least aggravating anti virus there is, with the best databases and most complete general protection, with quite extensive customization options.