Christmas: What are you doing? What do you want?

(Dec. 17, 2012  11:57 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2012  8:51 AM)Duck Wrote: I also bought my best friend Marissa two pairs of socks, some hand sanitizer, a couple of packets of hot chocolate, and some fuzzy gloves. I really hope she likes them! Joyful_2

Those are some strange gifts to give someone. .__.

But it's the thought that counts, right? Eh.

"The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small."
(Dec. 18, 2012  4:13 AM)th!nk Wrote: Those seem like a rather thoughtful and pleasant arrangement of gifts for a friend to me, you and Tech are honestly being quite rude here...

I mean, you're not approaching that hallowed "I hope I get more than $5000 to spend on anime this christmas because $5000 worth simply isn't enough to the point I post about it on a public forum and seem surprised when people take issue with that" level but still, you could have been a lot more thoughtful!

I just think they're strange gifts. Or maybe the strange part was the hand sanitizer ..

Now that I think of it, it does fit that whole Christmas-sy, and Winter-y theme; so it is thoughtful.

Bleh, you guys get snow (I'm assuming?). All we get is heat. Oh wait, last year during Christmas, we had a hailstorm ..

(Dec. 18, 2012  6:43 AM)3-Dog Wrote: "The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small."

?

-----

Anyways, enough about that.

Turns out we'll be celebrating Christmas with a Barbecue (LOL), with family friends.
(Dec. 17, 2012  2:28 PM)Tech Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2012  11:57 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2012  8:51 AM)Duck Wrote: I also bought my best friend Marissa two pairs of socks, some hand sanitizer, a couple of packets of hot chocolate, and some fuzzy gloves. I really hope she likes them! Joyful_2

Those are some strange gifts to give someone. .__.

But it's the thought that counts, right? Eh.
Happy that I wasn't the only one thinking that, haha.

Guys. :\

I bought her socks because they have some cute dinosaur designs on them which I know she'll love, and she's a bit of a sock geek. I bought her hand-sanitizer because she's absolutely obsessed with it, and the "Midnight Pomegranate" really smells good on her for some reason. The gloves are fuzzy, and she loves fuzzy things, and I want her to keep her hands warm because she doesn't have any gloves. The hot chocolate is to go with the relaxing mood of the other three, quack.
If you had said that, then I wouldn't of had judged, haha.
Me? What do I want? Well, I can keep my list going 'All Day and All Night'! For my friend I bought her a pack of gloves,sock and apparel!
(Dec. 18, 2012  9:46 AM)Cannon Wrote: If you had said that, then I wouldn't of had judged, haha.

Why don't you understand that you shouldn't have judged in the first place... If the gifts seem rather odd to you, and someone said they were for a friend, then why would you not assume there is a significant amount of thought behind them. This isn't a situational thing, it's a matter of being a decent person (especially when the topic is christmas). Jeez...
(Dec. 18, 2012  4:13 AM)th!nk Wrote: As for what I'm getting, mostly Lego, Bionicle in particular, seeing as that is my current interest, as well as a whole load of lego parts I bought off bricklink. One day I'll like a toy line that is still in production.

Ooh nice to see another Lego Bionicle fan on here Smile
Usually for christmas, my parents set a certain amount of money for me to buy stuff with and then they pick out the rest secretly.(They wrap the gifts I pick as well.) The only thing I'm pretty sure I am going to get are pajamas because I get them every year, haha.

I picked:
Dragon Ball Seasons 1-5(complete)DVD
Yu yu Hakusho Seasons 1-4(complete) DVD
Toriko volumes 3-12,
Neko Ramen volume 1
Bleach 3 in 1 omnibus volumes 1-3(There is 3 volumes in each book, so 3 books is really 9 volumes)
Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition for ps3,
Sly Cooper collection for ps3.
(Dec. 18, 2012  9:46 AM)Cannon Wrote: If you had said that, then I wouldn't of had judged, haha.

This thread doesn't exist for you to judge people and be a jackass. I'd better not catch you, or anyone else, doing anything like that in this thread again. It will result in an immediate warning.
Cannon's and Tech's comments were not entirely rude at all. Writing that gifts seem strange does not result in a warning at all. Their comments simply asked for elaboration.

Anyway, for once I am not working on Christmas, so I will spend both the Eve and the day with my family and my dog, and we will happily watch her shove her whole head inside the gift bags, everytime.
(Dec. 18, 2012  11:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Cannon's and Tech's comments were not entirely rude at all. Writing that gifts seem strange does not result in a warning at all. Their comments simply asked for elaboration.

Anyway, for once I am not working on Christmas, so I will spend both the Eve and the day with my family and my dog, and we will happily watch her shove her whole head inside the gift bags, everytime.

Perhaps it's a language thing, but "it's the thought that counts" is a widely understood way of saying that a gift is less than adequate.
It is still nothing we should warn people for on this site ... Duck obviously knew that she had gotten her friend special gifts because they were meaningful between themselves, but hopefully she can also admit that, to a stranger with other relationships, those gifts have other meanings to people. It is really just an innocent misunderstanding/misconception, we do not warn people for that here.
(Dec. 18, 2012  11:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is still nothing we should warn people for on this site ... Duck obviously knew that she had gotten her friend special gifts because they were meaningful between themselves, but hopefully she can also admit that, to a stranger with other relationships, those gifts have other meanings to people. It is really just an innocent misunderstanding/misconception, we do not warn people for that here.

To be honest, I don't think this is the place to have moderation discussions, personally. You guys have plenty of places to resolve these disagreements with minimal public fuss. Either way, I stand by my own comments on the situation - especially as it is by no means the first time I've seen Cannon make insensitive remarks to other users. I would certainly think that deserved a warning if continued (though I am sure now it has been pointed out, the lesson will be learnt). It was very clear from Duck's post that she was somewhat concerned about how the gifts would be recieved, something I'm very familiar with, and then for some reason Cannon made a whole post basically calling the gifts weird (which I still do not understand at all, they made plenty of sense to me), and sub-par. Pretty short on Christmas Cheer IMO.
I stand by my statement. If I see anyone criticizing anyone's gifts or plans in this thread, especially with an insensitive or judgemental eye toward things, I will warn them, and what I saw qualifies.

This is not a thread for people's plans or purchases for others to be nagged upon; making people feel bad about what they got, or get for people, is in no way going to be tolerated.
(Dec. 18, 2012  5:40 PM)Tysonblader009 Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2012  4:13 AM)th!nk Wrote: As for what I'm getting, mostly Lego, Bionicle in particular, seeing as that is my current interest, as well as a whole load of lego parts I bought off bricklink. One day I'll like a toy line that is still in production.

Ooh nice to see another Lego Bionicle fan on here Smile

Haha ^this. I'm a huge fan of Bionicles. Well, I am going to Japan this Christmas, so I'm definitely getting a lot of Zero-G stuff, starting with the Attack Stadium and Bandid Genbull if I can find it.

Since you brought that up, I also got my Brutaka today! I do wish Bionicle was still in production though, I would pick up a whole bunch of those in Japan as well.
I asked for a zero g stadium so I can compete in zero g tourneys. It would be a Christmas miracle if I actually got one.
I want Legos, K'Nex, and beys for Christmas. I really want Death Quetzalcoatl so I can use defense types with some actual stamina. I'll be visiting family and enjoying my break from school.
Or you could get Duo ...?
I know, but my best defense bottom is currently RS, which has horrid stamina. I'd be unlikely to get some other beys, Legos, and K'Nex things if I asked for the UDX set, which is more expensive, so I figured I'd just ask for Death.
I've really been looking forward to Christmas this year it'll be the first year in awhile when I won't be working over the Christmas period and I'll be spending it with my Dad, his girlfriend, my girlfriend, my Sister, my Nan and the Dog which will be the first time we will all be together in around three or four years!

So it should be a very enjoyable Christmas this year!
(Dec. 19, 2012  1:09 AM)Blitz Wrote: I've really been looking forward to Christmas this year it'll be the first year in awhile when I won't be working over the Christmas period and I'll be spending it with my Dad, his girlfriend, my girlfriend, my Sister, my Nan and the Dog which will be the first time we will all be together in around three or four years!

So it should be a very enjoyable Christmas this year!
You seem like you will be having a good Christmas with family and friends.

my other Christmas wish is to wake up as a Asian boy i would be so cute and handsome and i would be so cool and awesome oh i would be so happy
(Dec. 20, 2012  5:22 PM)jamie Wrote: my other Christmas wish is to wake up as a Asian boy i would be so cute and handsome and i would be so cool and awesome oh i would be so happy
Good luck with that. Soon I'll be heading to my grandparents house. 4 hour drive. My family will probably leave on Saturday or Sunday

Nothing special for me. I just have the 24th and the 25th off, so my plan is just to spend the short holiday with my family. Have the kids open the presents 'Santa' gave them, take them to see the Christmas Doraemon show, eat myself silly, and catch up on the much needed sleep and rest.

Oh and I have a local WBBA bey tournament on the 23rd, which should be a family event thing. A short meeting with the local bey distributor here in my city on the 24th for lunch, then I'm free for Christmas.
(Dec. 21, 2012  7:57 AM)Uwik Wrote: Nothing special for me. I just have the 24th and the 25th off, so my plan is just to spend the short holiday with my family. Have the kids open the presents 'Santa' gave them, take them to see the Christmas Doraemon show, eat myself silly, and catch up on the much needed sleep and rest.

Oh and I have a local WBBA bey tournament on the 23rd, which should be a family event thing. A short meeting with the local bey distributor here in my city on the 24th for lunch, then I'm free for Christmas.
Thats pretty neat. I bet they will like what "Santa" got them. Do you know what your going to talk about with the bey distributor?