Christmas: What are you doing? What do you want?

You don't get it do you. He is saying if you have all that money and you are spending it on Anime that is a total waste. You should give it to people who need the money. If you own 310 different ones you are good. You really shouldn't be getting 5000 and up for Anime. Thats really spoiled. If Anime is your life that is sad. We all like beyblade and thats not our whole life. Also I haven't spent no where near 5000 dollars on anything beyblade and I've been playing since Metal Fusion came out in 2010 (And I started right when it came out). You should be thankful that you at least get 150 dollars for Christmas. You don't need more anime. Be thankful before you buy more you have plenty.

Edit:That means the people on Youtube have no life to. You don't need Anime to live.
I can't wait to see my family in the cool weather soon.
Since when was being an otaku even cool...

This year, we're breaking tradition. Normally, the family would have this nice dinner and gift exchange and such in one of our houses because, y'know, family togetherness and all that biz. But in recent years, things have...been sour. Mom doesn't go to these parties anymore because of the situation going on, and it really hurts to see this happen and nothing changing. My sister and I usually go to those parties regardless, but 2012 hasn't been a very good year, and Thanksgiving solidified it. So starting this Christmas, for every Holiday happening from here on, it's just the three of us, because we at least appreciate each other's company than a family of fakes.

Seriously, it's just damn insulting that we would have to force our hand like this because they don't want to acknowledge that there is a sort of problem going on and will do nothing to change it. They go on thinking that everything will be alright. No, it's not. I want to spend Christmas with everyone again, but not like this. Not where there's an ungodly tension between family members and when my own mother is excluded like a kid left out of a club house.

The three of us are going to find something to do on Christmas Eve. It'll be our first time with just the three of us, and I'm sure it'll be a lot better than having to deal with them.
I'm sorry. I sort of know how you feel. My parents are divorced and my dad has MS and there have been some...bad situations but things are getting better. I'll be with my mom and her family for Christmas Eve and I might be with my dad for Christmas Day (I really hope so.) Wait, wow, Christmas is coming up quicker than I thought!
(Dec. 16, 2012  11:55 PM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: Since when was being an otaku even cool...

This year, we're breaking tradition. Normally, the family would have this nice dinner and gift exchange and such in one of our houses because, y'know, family togetherness and all that biz. But in recent years, things have...been sour. Mom doesn't go to these parties anymore because of the situation going on, and it really hurts to see this happen and nothing changing. My sister and I usually go to those parties regardless, but 2012 hasn't been a very good year, and Thanksgiving solidified it. So starting this Christmas, for every Holiday happening from here on, it's just the three of us, because we at least appreciate each other's company than a family of fakes.

Seriously, it's just damn insulting that we would have to force our hand like this because they don't want to acknowledge that there is a sort of problem going on and will do nothing to change it. They go on thinking that everything will be alright. No, it's not. I want to spend Christmas with everyone again, but not like this. Not where there's an ungodly tension between family members and when my own mother is excluded like a kid left out of a club house.

The three of us are going to find something to do on Christmas Eve. It'll be our first time with just the three of us, and I'm sure it'll be a lot better than having to deal with them.
it is cool cause anime is the best japan makes the best cartoons in the world such as beyblade seasons 1 and 2 and 3 and metal fight beyblade season 1 and 2 and 3 and metal fight beyblade zero g and they make other awsome animes to
Guys lets just drop the discussion this thread is turning into SPAM.
Ok see. You're what, 22? You can use the internet i presume. Just watch it on youtube for kai sakes! Ok, I'm done. I'll leave the thread. Sorry if I SPAMmed, this is just kinda making me mad.
Edit: Sorry, didn't see your post thunderdome.
(Dec. 16, 2012  11:46 PM)jamie Wrote: i am not lying and all so i own 310 different animes on dvds and blu ray and i need to own more i want to be a awsome cool otaku thats my dream and anime is my life no one in these world loves anime more then me.

You took absolutely nothing of value from what I just said, did you?
Grow up.

What are you getting out of owning that much anime and being a spoiled, greedy pig about it? NOTHING. How many ways must I say this before it gets into your head?

By all means, please tell me how you are going to survive for even a week when you leave home and buy anime at the rate you do? You will end up homeless within days, and anime isn't exactly going to save you then, is it?

Next time, try understanding what I'm saying because this is actually a life lesson, instead of goddamn brick-walling it and obliviously staring at the nonimportant section that manages to spark whatever emotion you can muster in that head of yours.

And please, the trolling is obvious. Just stop before people other than me actually begin to think that you are for real and start responding.
(Dec. 17, 2012  12:04 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2012  11:46 PM)jamie Wrote: i am not lying and all so i own 310 different animes on dvds and blu ray and i need to own more i want to be a awsome cool otaku thats my dream and anime is my life no one in these world loves anime more then me.

Grow up.

What are you getting out of owning that much anime and being a spoiled, greedy pig about it? NOTHING. How many ways must I say this before it gets into your head?

By all means, please tell me how you are going to survive for even a week when you leave home and buy anime at the rate you do? You will end up homeless within days, and anime isn't exactly going to save you then, is it?

Next time, try understanding what I'm saying because this is actually a life lesson, instead of goddamn brick-walling it and obliviously staring at the nonimportant section that manages to spark whatever emotion you can muster in that head of yours.

And please, the trolling is obvious. Just stop before people other than me actually begin to think that you are for real and start responding.
i am not trolling you have not even seen my house and if dont believe me ask my friend scott his account is kei he has seen my room and he will tell you what i have
Iirc, isn't being an otaku an insult in the Japanese community? xD

Anyways, since I got an SIII for my birthday last month, I don't really want much. Here's a general wishlist:

- Assorted mangas (maybe 5 or 6, not too many)
- Zero-G Merch (just to try and catch up)
- A few Steam games (L4D2, MW3, some shooters and RPGs really)
- A new desktop (it's about $700)

Note that I'm not asking for all of this, (that's complete and utter GREED Tongue_out) but only really expecting a few things. That last one is a LONGSHOT. xD
5000$ for anime...i dont know.....that's too much for just anime..hahaha
if i had that kind money for christmast, Uriel 2, Poseidon, Galeon 2, Trygator, Death Gargoyle would be mine...
Plus some more MG gundam..hahah
and local vacation should still enough....+ a play station 3..
damn...5000$ is just damn lot...
Haha, I also lectured him in the Christmas Wishes thread that was closed earlier.

Anyways, my family doesn't really celebrate Christmas ... Shame. But my mum got me an iPad with Retina Display (4th Gen). Woo! Grin
(Dec. 17, 2012  12:08 AM)jamie Wrote: i am not trolling you have not even seen my house and if dont believe me ask my friend scott his account is kei he has seen my room and he will tell you what i have

Fine. To this, all I can still, and will, say is:
GaHooleone Wrote:...
Grow up.
I'm staying home for Christmas and I want a Pokemon Booster Box(Plasma Storm),Pokemon Tin,Pokemon World Championship Deck,BBG-26 and 27 and I want Mew EX FA .
I'm just happy i'm getting BBG-15 and Samurai Pegasis for Christmas for myself Grin Thought it would be nice to get Gladiator Bahamdia too but I don't mind Tongue_out

Life lesson Jamie: Always be content with what you already have, money isn't always everything.
Im staying home for christmas and we are seeing my mums side of the family!
I know some of the thinks im getting like from my Grandparents im getting both of the synchrome DX set! from my Parents im getting dark siders 2 for Xbox360 and the rest i dont know from my sister a mario tshirt! and the rest of the family Cash! Merry Christmas!
I'm going to New Jersey. But for christmas, i'm getting money, beyblades and activites (pre-activities)
Just going to stay home my my family like always steer at my Christmas presents under the tree and shake them get in trouble by touching my presents normal Christmas also Try to hide from relatives just so they don't have to squeeze my cheeks Blush,blush

The rest of the 4D beys I don't have (just so I can get them all)
Also the rest of the zero g beyblades (also to catch up )
3 segment launcher grip (black)
Black Launcher grip rubber
Beypoint card
angle compass
Grip Support
I don't have any family here in Michigan at this time of the year, quack, so my adoptive family and I are just spendin' Christmas at home alone, as always. I think I'm gonna have bean tacos for dinner. Cute

I asked my (adoptive) mom for ~
• Death Quetzalcoatl
• a new USB Flash Drive
• Bubble Yum Gum
• Pokémon Black

I also bought my best friend Marissa two pairs of socks, some hand sanitizer, a couple of packets of hot chocolate, and some fuzzy gloves. I really hope she likes them! Joyful_2
(Dec. 17, 2012  8:51 AM)Duck Wrote: I also bought my best friend Marissa two pairs of socks, some hand sanitizer, a couple of packets of hot chocolate, and some fuzzy gloves. I really hope she likes them! Joyful_2

Those are some strange gifts to give someone. .__.

But it's the thought that counts, right? Eh.
(Dec. 17, 2012  11:57 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2012  8:51 AM)Duck Wrote: I also bought my best friend Marissa two pairs of socks, some hand sanitizer, a couple of packets of hot chocolate, and some fuzzy gloves. I really hope she likes them! Joyful_2

Happy that I wasn't the only one thinking that, haha.

I am getting an Xbox 360 from Santa. I am going to this awesome place called Laser Quest.
I would like to receive some Beyblades this Christmas XD but I know I won't get that still I'd be glad to get Pokemon Black 2
(Dec. 17, 2012  11:57 AM)Cannon Wrote:

Those seem like a rather thoughtful and pleasant arrangement of gifts for a friend to me, you and Tech are honestly being quite rude here...

I mean, you're not approaching that hallowed "I hope I get more than $5000 to spend on anime this christmas because $5000 worth simply isn't enough to the point I post about it on a public forum and seem surprised when people take issue with that" level but still, you could have been a lot more thoughtful!

As for what I'm getting, mostly Lego, Bionicle in particular, seeing as that is my current interest, as well as a whole load of lego parts I bought off bricklink. One day I'll like a toy line that is still in production. One day. I'm also getting a Game Grumps T-Shirt (albeit, it is slightly smaller than I intended, must have accidentally scrolled the size box the wrong way) and probably some money as well (which will go to guitar stuff or more lego or whatever). I'm quite excited for it, anyway.

We have our usual family get-together, which is pleasant, I am lucky to have almost no dislikable relatives, and I'm good friends with my cousins, so it's pretty sweet. The Roast lunch in 40C heat (140F for those of you who are stuck using that ridiculous system) is less welcome, but I don't eat lunch most days anyway.
This year my wife and I are hosting Christmas at our house, as the kids have specifically stated that they really don't want to go anywhere. Fine by me, since it means me and the kids get to play with all their new Beyblade and Skylanders stuff that they'll be opening Smile

As for gifts for myself. I'm hoping to get a set of mala beads I've been wanting, as well as some natural shave soap with a badger brush and a REALLY nice safety razor I've had my eye on for some time. That's not to say I didn't put a Bey or two on my list as well Smile
What I am getting for christmas is all the 4D beyblades.Meteo L-Drago Reshuffle Set.Random Hasbro Beys.