Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra]

Poll: What changes do you think should be made?

Do not change the rules.
54.37%
Restrict the use of the Libra Wheel + Metal Face and any 145 Track except DF145 and 145 in combos.
26.21%
Ban the Libra Wheel entirely.
19.42%
Total: 100% 103 vote(s)
I copletley agree with LeeDraciel because you say it's unbeatable yeah against attack types maybe, stamina will completley dominate libra and also why not use libra versus libra itwill be pretty fun an when i vs mf libra c145WB sometime i use libra 105WB cause it has more stamina due to it being lighter but also is stil classed as a defence so other denfense combos can beat it aswell.
i agree with cutewolfsam and leedraciel mainly because stamina can easily beat it, but you say it turns matches into a stamina fest but if you used an attack combo you could be alot of the stamina combos and lose a match or two against the libras, its not that much of a dire situation where nothing can beat libra, its just in tournaments if there are a couple there people dont want to use attack types, it makes no sense to ban libra.
(Dec. 22, 2009  12:41 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: I copletley agree with LeeDraciel because you say it's unbeatable yeah against attack types maybe, stamina will completley dominate libra and also why not use libra versus libra itwill be pretty fun an when i vs mf libra c145WB sometime i use libra 105WB cause it has more stamina due to it being lighter but also is stil classed as a defence so other denfense combos can beat it aswell.

That's the issue though. Libra has turned Beyblade into a rock-paper-scissors game and it's really unenjoyable.
(Dec. 22, 2009  5:59 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I don't think we should ban anything yet. MFB is still new. You don't know what Takara Tomy plans to release.

It's been out for sixteen months. That's not "new".
I think we should have a restricted format where it should be banned, but having it banned completly? No.

That's just my opinion though. I voted "do not change the rules".
I dont think you should ban anything. Libra can easily be beaten with a very good stamina combo, and parts are easy to obtain anyways so anyone could beat libra with the right parts and launching technique. i vote do not change the rules.
(Dec. 22, 2009  1:57 PM)Nuno Wrote: I think we should have a restricted format where it should be banned, but having it banned completly? No.

That's just my opinion though. I voted "do not change the rules".

Why? You have to explain your stance if you want anyone to take it seriously. So far, the only people who have provided convincing arguments are those who want to ban or restrict it in some way. Everyone wants to keep Libra in Standard "just because."

We've done restricted formats before. Nobody ever used them, so they were removed. We're not going to go down that route again because nothing will change.

It has nothing to do with Libra being unbeatable. Yes, Libra is beatable. It is only beatable by one archetype of combination. Right now, you use Defense to beat Attack, Attack to beat Stamina -- hell, even Stamina to beat Stamina -- and Stamina to beat Defense. This Rock Paper Scissors style gameplay is not what I remember from plastic and HMS, it's boring and killing the metagame.
Well you can't blame it on one beyblade, plasics and HMS are in a completely different league. The new system dosen't vary a great deal yet. With plastics there were more parts and better customizing capabilities, anything could happen. But the rock, paper, scizors as you refer to i don't like anymore that you, but this is just how the new game seems to be played because everyone is so over concerned with statistics and types.
Wasnt stamina originally used to beat defence anyway, according to that triangle. And people would use stamina against stamina maybe because they dont have an attack type?
(Dec. 22, 2009  2:37 PM)linh004 Wrote: Wasnt stamina originally used to beat defence anyway, according to that triangle. And people would use stamina against stamina maybe because they dont have an attack type?

Exactly, MFB are expensive and hard to come by, not everyone has every blade. People buy what everyone on here says is the best and now you are talking about taking it away from them, its not very fair on those bladers.
(Dec. 22, 2009  2:41 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: Exactly, MFB are expensive and hard to come by, not everyone has every blade. People buy what everyone on here says is the best and now you are talking about taking it away from them, its not very fair on those bladers.

They will get over it. Competitive games have banlists.
It just seems logical that you would use a Stamina against Defence. It takes strategy and technique into account, so its not "rock paper sisscors" like you said, since that is based on luck. You wouldnt try to defeat a defence type blade with attack, and i think everyone knows that. They would have to use a stamina combo. thats what you also call good gameplay because your picking the right blade to counter the oponants.
(Dec. 22, 2009  2:45 PM)linh004 Wrote: It just seems logical that you would use a Stamina against Defence. It takes strategy and technique into account, so its not "rock paper sisscors" like you said, since that is based on luck.

No, it is based on luck. Two decent players are going to initiate Stalling Clause and pick their combos blindly. Whoever has the most advantageous combo by typing wins.

I have yet to see a convincing argument to not banning Libra. Please explain why it is better for the metagame to leave Libra unbanned.
(Dec. 22, 2009  2:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: No, it is based on luck. Two decent players are going to initiate Stalling Clause and pick their combos blindly. Whoever has the most advantageous combo by typing wins.

I have yet to see a convincing argument to not banning Libra. Please explain why it is better for the metagame to leave Libra unbanned.

So if that is the case why is this all being aimed at Libra, if it is random and luck?
(Dec. 22, 2009  2:48 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: So if that is the case why is this all being aimed at Libra, if it is random and luck?

*sigh*

Because Libra is what is turning this into a game of rock paper scissors. It is the keystone of that. If we ban it, we will see more focus on defensive-Stamina types, or more unique attack types e.g. CH120RF combos, rather than pure attack, defense, and stamina types.
(Dec. 22, 2009  2:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: No, it is based on luck. Two decent players are going to initiate Stalling Clause and pick their combos blindly. Whoever has the most advantageous combo by typing wins.

Well, maybe it is better to ban it... Every one uses it in lots of combos... It's getting boring.
It however will make the game better as a whole. Ruling out an unbeatable defense type will encourage more attack type Beyblades and push down the endless stream of stamina ones. I personally believe that banning Libra completely is the only viable route. I propose that this measure is brought in temporarily, so people can see at tournaments and such how much more fun the game becomes.
If you want to beat libra, just use stamina..

I don't want it banned..
Have you not listened at all...

(Dec. 22, 2009  1:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: That's the issue though. Libra has turned Beyblade into a rock-paper-scissors game and it's really unenjoyable.
(Dec. 22, 2009  3:10 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: If you want to beat libra, just use stamina..

I don't want it banned..

This is not a convincing argument. Read the previous posts before responding if you want people to take you seriously.
Well i can see where both sides are coming from but if it is going to be banned at all then it should be a choice of format. If a mojority decide they don't want it at that tourney then fair enough or if they decide otherwise and not to use it then happy days.

As some countries have more bladers than overs, i don't feel one poll helps as one country may not want it but is out numbered. I think different tournement formats are the way forward as it would make things a little more interesting.
(Dec. 22, 2009  3:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is not a convincing argument. Read the previous posts before responding if you want people to take you seriously.

Okay, maybe it has turned into a game of rock paper scissors, but then again it's just using the right blade at the right time.
(Dec. 22, 2009  3:19 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Okay, maybe it has turned into a game of rock paper scissors, but then again it's just using the right blade at the right time.

Don't make pull out the Duel Masters argument to explain why a rock-paper-scissors game and refusal to augment the metagame for the sake of the game is bad.
I challenge each of you who believe in option 1 to play 50 matches straight of stamina vs. Libra combos in one sitting.

Tell me how fun that is.
(Dec. 22, 2009  3:33 PM)Khel Wrote: I challenge each of you who believe in option 1 to play 50 matches straight of stamina vs. Libra combos in one sitting.

Tell me how fun that is.

LOL

Quote:Okay, maybe it has turned into a game of rock paper scissors, but then again it's just using the right blade at the right time.

Again, this is not a good enough argument. If the game is becoming less fun because of Libra, what's the point of playing?
Wait.. that kind of makes sense..
But I think that if everyones using stamina and attack types next, are you going to ban attack?
i