Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra]

Poll: What changes do you think should be made?

Do not change the rules.
54.37%
Restrict the use of the Libra Wheel + Metal Face and any 145 Track except DF145 and 145 in combos.
26.21%
Ban the Libra Wheel entirely.
19.42%
Total: 100% 103 vote(s)
umm most people who play with MFB already have Libra.
Summer Smash: BeyUK-Espio - Flame Leone DF145D
Regent's Rumble: LeeDraciel - MF Pisces D125D
Cold Combat: LeeDraciel - (The entire tournament was decided on the round robin results with no final play off; Lee had MF Pisces D125D and MF Libra C145WB as his mains, I believe. Don't recall seeing any RFs, could be wrong).

Mostly Staminas, haha.
Not going to lie I'm somewhat surprised by the results. Pisces was winning quite a few matches.
Hmm, Pisces is definitely quite a viable Wheel I reckon; its relative rarity/value deters people from testing it properly. It's the exact customisation which hopefully can be promoted through this proposal.
(Dec. 23, 2009  12:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you don't own all this stuff, I don't think you're in the position to say this.

no but I have BB-22 Reshuffle set ordered and 6 other mfbs (and two metal faces)

and I actually have enough knowledge to realise that a defence combo relies on grip or weight and therefore a heavier wheel is used.

I do actually look around the forums before I post anything and I also know that stamina beys use lightweight wheels not heavier ones.

I didn't even jump to a conclusion - only asked a question.

you have the tendency to put people in the position there not
just ban it cause it makes alot more sense to
(Dec. 23, 2009  1:09 AM)SonicManEXE Wrote: Don't do anything! Keep it! If people get the word out that Libra's awesome, it would probably be Libra everywhere, making it even. (And what happened with the site? I couldn't even get on to the BeyWiki. [12/22/09])

This is already the situation, and it's boring. This is what we want to avoid.

(Dec. 23, 2009  1:15 AM)Khel Wrote: Not going to lie I'm somewhat surprised by the results. Pisces was winning quite a few matches.

UK tournament results are always completely bizarre. It sounds like a mean thing to say but I think the concentration of advanced-level Bladers in the UK is a bit lower. There are a lot of younger kids playing in their events versus the North American ones.

(Dec. 23, 2009  1:35 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: you have the tendency to put people in the position there not

It seems to me the position is as I said it was ...

I have been playing Beyblade for over ten years. I am one of the strongest players in the world and on this board. This isn't bragging, as it's not something I'd even want to brag about, but if you ask the people here who have played against me they will reiterate this is the truth. The members who want to ban Libra are almost all highest-level Bladers who've been playing for the better part of a decade. So I mean, you are 11 years old ... that's fine, but you don't have the knowledge of the past of this game like we do. You can't really remember how varied the advanced level scene was back in the plastic and HMS heyday.

MFB hasn't advanced since Libra came out, really, and it's time that changed.
Did you read the post?

I'd put a question mark, meaning I was asking a question - not saying that virgo is too light to be a defence wheel.

I obviously don't have a very "high reputation" on this website, but Brad, you need to stop assuming people don't have general knowledge because they're not on decent competitive standpoint.
(Dec. 23, 2009  12:37 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Virgo's way to light to be a defence wheel!

That does not appear to be a question mark. And who phrases a question like that?
was going to edit my post but nvm now.

that was not my point anyway, my point was that you can't treat people like they know nothing because you know alot, because it's not really nice.

you are not a bragger but always you do like to find a way to scrape for comebacks
(Dec. 23, 2009  2:50 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: was going to edit my post but nvm now.

that was not my point anyway, my point was that you can't treat people like they know nothing because you know alot, because it's not really nice.

you are not a bragger but always you do like to find a way to scrape for comebacks

Your point was that you asked a question, did not make a statement. I proved that you were lying ... sorry you didn't manage to edit your post in time.
Everyone, let's keep this civil. Discussion should remain on the topic at hand.
(Dec. 23, 2009  2:55 AM)Khel Wrote: Everyone, let's keep this civil. Discussion should remain on the topic at hand.

This isn't an issue of "general knowledge" as Bladez put it, this is an issue of high-level competitive play. Libra is currently dominating among high-level players, making the game really boring for high-level players. Obviously players with more limited collections and abilities are not seeing the issue.

Takara-Tomy has made it clear that Libra was a mistake by creating Metal Face, and banning the use of Metal Face with Libra. It's clear now they are not going to release any more parts in that weight class, so we need to accept it for the time being and do what Takara-Tomy can't do, which is ban Libra as the mistake that it was.

However, after reading Hiro's post I am willing to concede that a restriction may be suitable. However, things obviously cannot stay the way they are. I am shocked so many people voted to leave the rules the way they are.
One posible solution would to be to create formats within Standard, such as Open Weight Class, Restricted Weight Class, Restricted by Parts ECT. so that tournaments could be held to suit player on different playing levels.
(Dec. 23, 2009  3:12 AM)firelord767 Wrote: One posible solution would to be to create formats within Standard, such as Open Weight Class, Restricted Weight Class, Restricted by Parts ECT. so that tournaments could be held to suit player on different playing levels.

They will never be used if we do this, as I already stated.
(Dec. 23, 2009  3:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This isn't an issue of "general knowledge" as Bladez put it, this is an issue of high-level competitive play. Libra is currently dominating among high-level players, making the game really boring for high-level players. Obviously players with more limited collections and abilities are not seeing the issue.

Takara-Tomy has made it clear that Libra was a mistake by creating Metal Face, and banning the use of Metal Face with Libra. It's clear now they are not going to release any more parts in that weight class, so we need to accept it for the time being and do what Takara-Tomy can't do, which is ban Libra as the mistake that it was.

However, after reading Hiro's post I am willing to concede that a restriction may be suitable. However, things obviously cannot stay the way they are. I am shocked so many people voted to leave the rules the way they are.

stop making false accusations, I said that you was treating me like I had no general knowledge, please understand that.

I also knew that there were alot of people who would actually say to keep the rules the same, it's not like banning it will make everything completely balanced
(Dec. 23, 2009  2:30 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: I obviously don't have a very "high reputation" on this website, but Brad, you need to stop assuming people don't have general knowledge because they're not on decent competitive standpoint.

I never assumed you don't have general knowledge. General knowledge is not enough for this discussion. You have general knowledge, but this is not an issue of general knowledge.

Can you stop trying to start a fight with me so we can actually discuss this?
(Dec. 23, 2009  3:16 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: I also knew that there were alot of people who would actually say to keep the rules the same, it's not like banning it will make everything completely balanced

Check out Hiro's post.
I'm not starting a fight, I'm defending my self from being pushed around Uncertain

anyway back on topic:

the votes are no big suprise to me, what ever you do to the game, it will always be a game of rock-paper-scissors
(Dec. 23, 2009  3:36 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: the votes are no big suprise to me, what ever you do to the game, it will always be a game of rock-paper-scissors

That's not for certain. In TCGs, when a broken card is removed, it gives the game a chance restabilize around what is still available to use. The overcentralizing factor is gone, and opens the door for more things to be used. And increases the likelihood than an attack combo can beat a defense combo, etc. It becomes more a matter of skill and knowledge of the player than the power of the parts.
(Dec. 23, 2009  3:36 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: I'm not starting a fight, I'm defending my self from being pushed around Uncertain

Nobody is trying to push you around. You just need to accept that there are others here who know a lot more than you ...

Tempesta nailed it. Right now the entire game is based around what can beat Libra.
Okay so the best blader in the world can beat wolborg ms using wyvern ms?

power of parts are part of the beyblade package
The best TCG atm to base a competitive list off of is Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm very impressed with how on top of the competitive scene Konami is for this game, even moreso than Magic: The Trading Card Game, and that's saying a lot from me. I'm an MTG fan-boy, and played it competitively for years.

Konami constantly changes their limited and forbidden lists and really help to balance out their competitive gameplay.

Monster Reborn, a very basic and almost staple card at times has been forbidden and then limited, and forbidden again. Other cards like Breaker, the Magical Warrior have been Forbidden then restricted. The changes are small but they're phenomenal and generally really help their gameplay.

Banning or restricting Libra would work out the same way. There could be a time where MF Libra C145WB is no longer as solid as it currently is. Japan has taken to forcing luck and randomness down their bladers throats. Their "official event" stadium with the ramp and their Stadium designs seem obvous enough. The WBO doesn't have a lot to work with in terms of parts, however, I do believe the WBO is far more competitive than the WBBA. The proposed changes are only intended to stimulate this aspect even more.

I just got my huge order of parts today so I'll be working on testing out some new combo's based on both the restriction of Libra and outright removal of it. Results will probably be up around the New Year.
Ban it. This would encourage more interesting combos and actual testing. I have to say, Libra was fun for a bit but as has been stated it's just made the game stale recently. The last time I played bey was a couple of months back mainly because it is just boring now. If Libra was band, we could focus on trying out new combos and start a whole new meta-game.
(Dec. 23, 2009  12:40 PM)Giga Wrote: Ban it. This would encourage more interesting combos and actual testing. I have to say, Libra was fun for a bit but as has been stated it's just made the game stale recently. The last time I played bey was a couple of months back mainly because it is just boring now. If Libra was band, we could focus on trying out new combos and start a whole new meta-game.

agreed its pretty boring when you have one wheel that pretty much dominates everything and banning it will create alot more diffrent combos and battles will become alot more based on skill and knowing what parts work best together,it will also incourge people to learn new styles of play insteed of just shoot straight and get an easy win with libra.
But Libra doesn't always dominate the game.