Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra]

Poll: What changes do you think should be made?

Do not change the rules.
54.37%
Restrict the use of the Libra Wheel + Metal Face and any 145 Track except DF145 and 145 in combos.
26.21%
Ban the Libra Wheel entirely.
19.42%
Total: 100% 103 vote(s)
I voted ban entirely Libra's wheel simply because at the tournament in montreal back in summer, I used MFLibraC145WB most of the time and I won all of my matches. Sometimes people knocked my Libra out, but never 2 times in a row. If we ban Libra, I think it is going to be a lot more fair and the matches are going to be a lot less repetitive and boring. Or you guys still want everyone to use Libra or stamina?!
I voted ban libra, but if TT releases Attack and Stamina parts up to par with it, i'd say otherwise. Maybe it could be a temporary ban on the wheel?
Every MFB tournament I've attended so far has been a Libra/Stamina-fest, at least among the Bladers who wanted to win, that is! There is something definitely wrong there.
Well, lets look at it this way..

By Banning Libra, or certain combos of libra.

You are just basically removing all balance type combos in mfb, and by removing I mean like leaving balance types for garbage.

How about the idea that if you have a Libra with MF on it, you cannot use any C145,WD145, etc. etc. etc.
You can only use DF145, and 145 and any other track

But Metal face IS ALLOWED..
Sorry for double Post but I changed my mind...

Banning Libra entirely would be more challenging for the bladers, and more fun..
Yeah, at Cold Combat, attack rarely had a say in most of the matches..
and I get where this point is coming from but, banning libra means attack becomes the greater type - simply because no other bey can match up to the smash or upper that quetz and storm pegasis perform.

I feel like theres always going to be a type(s) that will be superior, but I think ban is pointless because TT are still releasing beys (if they stop completely, then we should make matters into our own hands)..

Seriously though, there is no other defence wheel that can take hits from storm pegasis or quetz, so banning libra would make defence types useless.
(Dec. 22, 2009  10:31 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Seriously though, there is no other defence wheel that can take hits from storm pegasis or quetz, so banning libra would make defence types useless.

We haven't really even bothered trying to find a replacement because there was always Libra. You never know, there could be a diamond in the rough for defense combos sitting around. Earlier reports indicated that when TT put their own restriction on Libra, MF Earth Aquila rose up. There's potential for something unexpected to show up.
I already knew Earth Aquilla was tier 2, but poeple are really going to stop using defence and choose attack, then stamina will serve no place.
I can already feel the ban on libra ruining the game.
Without Libra, it'd make some pretty awesome battles.

If everyone turns to using Attack combos, then the battles will be fast paced and exciting. As two attack types bash each other around.

That extra excitement from lively battles is something MFB sorely needs.
Attack types becoming top-tier is certainly a preferable situation over Libra owning them constantly.
If it was just always attack type battles and if the person uses sliding shoot i would just use S.peg/Quetz 90WF cause it has alot more speed than RF and goes round and round which will clip the bey and smash or upper attack them out of the stadium, i still stand by my principals in which i stated earlier in this thread.
(Dec. 22, 2009  11:10 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: If it was just always attack type battles and if the person uses sliding shoot i would just use S.peg/Quetz 90WF cause it has alot more speed than RF and goes round and round which will clip the bey and smash or upper attack them out of the stadium, i still stand by my principals in which i stated earlier in this thread.

can anyone else understand what this says

Also, seems to me all the competitive level Bladers want Libra banned save for a handful. Not surprised.
i think he says he would use wf instead of rf because it moves quicker and goes round in a circle but rf goes in a circle if you dont use sliding shoot lol
OK. So let him use WF. Both players picked good parts to try a specific strategy. That is exactly the kind of diverse choice we WANT.
It may seem that way but if you look at the poll most have opted to not to change the rules. I was torn between that option and the one to limit the use of the Libra Wheel in competitive customisation; I have chosen the latter.

It would be a shame to completely ban the Beyblade since there are those who like it and therefore want to use it in battles - so a limit on the use of the Libra Wheel would be better because as it would level the playing field somewhat and also still keep those who like to use it happy to some extent as they would still be able to use the part. I myself have two Libras in the post coming as a Christmas present and I would love to have the chance to use them - not just because it's my star sign but because this will be my first time using a blade outside of the Attack and Stamina type.
i actually agree on banning it now because youve all made good points, oh just a thought if someone had a heavier libra and tried to use it in a hasbro tourney if they make some would they think of checking its weight?
(Dec. 22, 2009  11:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Attack types becoming top-tier is certainly a preferable situation over Libra owning them constantly.

Then stamina types will serve no purpose.

as for attack types bashing each other about - i'm not to keen on that one crimson.
If it reduces the dependency on luck, then I'm all for banning Libra. I would like to see the data of the most common winning blades used after the ban for the next 6 months just to assure that the ban was necessary(meaning that Libra legitimately breaks the metagame).
(Dec. 23, 2009  12:04 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Then stamina types will serve no purpose.

as for attack types bashing each other about - i'm not to keen on that one crimson.

No, but defensive-Stamina types that aren't godly overpowered -- Earth, Virgo, Flame -- will see a lot of use. It opens the playing field for new types of combos.

Guys, Metal Face was released solely because Libra was so much heavier than other Beyblades. That alone should say something.

ChKn, I like that idea.
Were results taken from other tournaments or was it all by word of mouth?

If results were taken in such as:
[Name of Tournament]
1st Place. [Player Name] | (Most Common Blades Used)
2nd Place.
etc. to the final spot.

then you could see the exact usage of combos used. It puts more stress on the organizer and judges to get the results, but I do think it's important to see the data to understand what is viable in competitive play.
Virgo's way to light to be a defence wheel!
(Dec. 23, 2009  12:37 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Virgo's way to light to be a defence wheel!

With Metal Face, C145 and WB? Really? It won't be as overwhelmingly victorious as Libra, but it will do well. Do you own Virgo, Earth, Metal Face, etc? Didn't you have to borrow Bey at the last tournament you were at? If you don't own all this stuff, I don't think you're in the position to say this.
I've gone through who voted for what and bolded who I feel are notable and/or competitive-level Bladers. Results are interesting.

Do not change the rules.
Anime, asafarakaratara, benjamin510, Benkei, bey tempest, beyblades 2010, Blade Wing, BLaDeZ, Blitz, BlueTsunami, comet blade, cutewolfsam, Cyber Kerberous, Cyberloard, Cye Kinomiya, DGoon, Dragonfly, HEARTof4Lion, icefang, Incompatibile, kai12, Kronin87, LeeDraciel, linh004, megablader2, Nuno, Omega, Pich, Sharul, theflightyellz, XenosCore, yusei fudo, Zer00t, Zero

Restrict the use of the Libra Wheel + Metal Face and any 145 Track except DF145 and 145 in combos.

Ash, bbgoldflame, blackcorvo, Crimson, Dirge, DrigerGT, DUKER09, Hiro Ayami, Medz, Pegasis, Raykon, Romeo, SaMaster14, Ultimat3Blader, Xeno, Zander Soulwind, Zone51

Ban the Libra Wheel entirely.*

Bey Brad, Beynval, Chaos Blader, ChKn, firelord767, Hybrid, Kai-V, Kei, Khel, LDrago, Robsta, Tempestas007
The current Japanese MFB metagame due to the weight restriction is really interesting. With Libra unable to use most tracks over 1.5g's it's been rendered susceptible to non RF attack bottoms.

The prefered combo's in Japan atm are:

Attack
MF Storm 100WF/F/FS
Quetz 90WF/F/FS
Libra 105FS/WF

Defense
Libra D125WB
MF Earth C145/ED145WB
MF Virgo C145WB

Stamina
Earth C145B
Virgo ED145SD
Flame DF145SD

Japanese Bladers believe that RF is too inconsistent. It's not a tournament part despite it's amazing attack. They've noticed the Self KO issue as well and have opted against it. They also really like Metal Faces on attack types, probably because it reduces the likelihood of a self KO via recoil. Based on the WBBA stadium thing they use with the ramps, I'd imagine an RF in there would almost always Self KO, if it didn't already lose most of it's stamina. Even now, my RF's self KO a lot, and all it takes is the first hit, that ridge really is just an RF ramp.

A combo with F or WF can almost always circle the Attack Stadium and not Self KO due to the ridge, I guess it was designed with plastic bottoms in mind not the rubber RF.

Removing Libra all together IE: banning it is the hands free, easy approach. I honestly think Libra D125WB or Libra heavy smash combo's would be fun to see around. They won't be as good as even Storm 100F, but they'll be interesting enough to see in action and have a high enough chance of winning that it's sort of worth it. That being said I'm pretty wedged in between option 2 and 3. I see pro's an cons, but I also don't want to see Libra disappear from use even if it would be a simple solution to just remove it. I don't think seeing Libra 145WB is a bad thing. It's strong, but it's still susceptible to an F or WF combo, while being a close contender to a Stamina combo as well.

I'm really looking forward to trying ED145 as a Stamina piece. Apparently the addition of defensive tracks to Stamina combo's helps them significantly against attack combo's. Testing Storm 100WF versus Virgo C145D was really neat, and more fun than I imagined. For one thing, it seemed like the changes definitely made it so stamina combo's loss 60-70% of the time versus attack rather than 85-90% like they used to.
I like ChKn's idea and if we go through with a ban/restriction I would have no issue keeping track of the winner's combos. If it appears that the such measures had no improvement on the metagame I will wholeheartedly support removal of a restriction. If not well then it's pretty obvious.

Just for curiosity's sake what were the winning combos again for some of the UK tournies? I know for Toronto they were

BWR: Libra CH120B
High Park Throwdown: Libra D125B (or D I can't remember koolkid's bottom exactly)
Brad won the Vancouver Tourney with Libra DF145SD :3
Don't do anything! Keep it! If people get the word out that Libra's awesome, it would probably be Libra everywhere, making it even. (And what happened with the site? I couldn't even get on to the BeyWiki. [12/22/09])