Challenge: Beat All RF Variants (Also MF-H Basalt Horogium TR145R2F)

(Jul. 30, 2012  2:59 PM)Ingulit Wrote: DRAGOOON IS BROKEN OKAY

But seriously, yes, I agree 100% about that custom standing a chance to succeed in this challenge. I'll be getting both Dragooon and Reviser in the mail very soon and BD145RDF is the first thing I'm testing. I'm thinking RDF both for its defense and minor LAD, but also because while it's heavy enough to hit like a bus full of fat people, I'm not convinced Reviser Dragooon has the smash of Diablo or extra-unbalanced-Basalt to get KOs on aggressive tips.

What do you mean broken? Like Meta Knight in Super Smash Bros broken?
(Jul. 31, 2012  5:00 AM)thermalwolf3261 Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2012  7:55 AM)slyx Wrote: [quote='thermalwolf3261' pid='1001940' dateline='1343543965']
storm wolf ch120 wd would win because of its stamina

he or she said :...but also get knocked out to oblivion by just about everything, if not everything on the list. no point in outlasting something if it can't stay in the stadium, doncha ken? =D

and i reply :it depends on the stadium Tired

Are you using Hasbro stadiums? They're horrible and don't supply proper battles.
MF Basalt Bull R145RF VS MF Scythe Kronos BD145RSF
TT attack stadium and beylauncher used
MF Scythe Kronos BD145RSF: 95%(19OS)
MF Basalt Bull BD145RSF: 0%
Draws:1
Video will be up tomorrow.
Edit:Could someone test it against Blitz and Vari because I don't have those parts?
Ickle : Sorry but I currently do not posses top tier attack metal wheels
The draw should be redone, and by the way, you wrote Basalt Bull BD145RSF instead of MF Basalt Bull R145RF. While it is a very standard customization, that's pretty interesting. Could you possibly test against some attack combos rather than anti-attack combos? I'll like to see how it goes.
Yes, Dragooon == MK broken levels imo, his U-Air is probably six frames too

(Jul. 31, 2012  2:31 PM)deathquetz Wrote: MF Basalt Bull R145RF VS Scythe Kronos BD145RSF
TT attack stadium and beylauncher used
Scythe Kronos BD145RSF: 95%(19OS)
MF Basalt Bull BD145RSF: 0%
Draws:1
Video will be up tomorrow.
Edit:Could someone test it against Blitz and Vari because I don't have those parts?
Ickle : Sorry but I currently do not posses top tier attack metal wheels
Interesting! I have all those parts, so I can test against Flash and I'll see how it goes.
GEEZ INGULIT THIS ISN'T BRAWL

I'm not surprised to see Basalt R145RF lose to that Scythe Kronos, it's meant to defeat attack-types and the occasional stamina-type anyway.
MF Vari Ares(left spin) R145R2F VS MF Scythe Kronos BD145RSF
Vari Ares:4 wins (4KOs) 20%
Scythe Kronos: 16 Wins (8KOs,8OSs) 80%

I have no idea how this happened . Heres a video of me testing part of it . Please tell me if I launched wrongly or if I used vari Ares the wrong way, because I'll retest if thats the case.
Video here
Attackers need to spin the same direction as their opponent.
Since when was that a rule?

That's defeating the purpose of dual-spin/opposite-spin attackers...
Okay, I didn't know that. I thought that since the relative velocity of the Beyblades' contact points was greater in same-spin attacking, then you get more smash and therefore that is the preferred spin direction.

Well, I learned something new.
(Aug. 02, 2012  1:10 AM)Cake Wrote: Okay, I didn't know that. I thought that since the relative velocity of the Beyblades' contact points was greater in same-spin attacking, then you get more smash and therefore that is the preferred spin direction.

Well, I learned something new.

true, although one must also take into account the movement of the blades in the stadium, not just the rotation direction. being in the opposite spin direction means you are moving in the opposite direction in the stadium, resulting in theoretically more frequent and stronger collisions between the blades themselves, not taking into account the actual contact points

MSF Dragooon Reviser E230/BD145RDF/CS and dragooon is up
If Dragooon is on top, then it would be Revizer Dragooon, not Dragooon Revizer.
(Aug. 01, 2012  2:41 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Since when was that a rule?

That's defeating the purpose of dual-spin/opposite-spin attackers...

However, the "spin in the same direction as your opponent" held much importance while using a VariAres Attack combo.
Its pretty important for VariAres to be in the same spin direction in order to deliver strong attacks.
Then again, this has been the theory which I learnt at the time of VariAres' release. So if things changed recently, I have no idea about it... Smile

Ingulit- A pretty interesting challenge; this!
Beating all RF variants with one single combo is pretty much a task; seeing that different RF combos perform pretty differently. The anti-attack branch of RF-variant combos can very well take down the Attack variants. Anti-Attack can then be taken care of by using stable Defense combos (as seen above; where deathquetz used Scythe).
But beating all of them with a single combo is pretty tough, haha!

I recently got Cosmic and I have been using its R2F on my anti-attack Basalt custom, and it is performing better than ever. I don't know if it has to do with how short the R2F is, but whatever the reason I'm just getting better results using it.

So, I had a hunch about this and it turned out to be correct. MF-H Basalt Horogium TR145R2F takes down a very powerful opponent:

Standard Procedure
BB-10, Beylauncher L/R with Suspension
Basalt launched first on even rounds, Dragooon on odd.

MF-H Basalt Horogium TR145R2F vs. MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF
Basalt: 15 (13 OS, 2 KO)
Dragooon: 5 (1 OS, 4 KO)
Basalt Win %: 75%

TR145's LAD was the star of the show. Basalt + R2F absorbed basically every blow from Dragooon, and once it came down to a spin steal battle Basalt's LAD from TR145 secured it the win almost every time.

The results that this custom is getting is making me think it's a pretty darn good anti-meta custom, and now that TR145 has been released by Hasbro, I would go so far as to say Hasbladers now have a decently competitive custom they have access to.
lol, R2GF

Can you try the same test with RDF on Reviser Dragoon? I've been itching for that to get tested...
(Aug. 08, 2012  6:24 PM)Cake Wrote: lol, R2GF

Can you try the same test with RDF on Reviser Dragoon? I've been itching for that to get tested...

I fixed that, haha

Okay, so, yeah... I only did 10 tests because that's all I needed.

Standard Procedure
BB-10, Beylauncher L/R with Suspension
Dragooon always launched first

MF-H Basalt Horogium TR145R2F vs. MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145RDF
Basalt: 0
Dragooon: 10 (10 OS
Basalt Win %: 0%

The only chance Basalt had was to try and get a KO, but that simply never happened. Dragooon on RDF is good, very good.
Can you try MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145RDF vs MF-H Phantom __ BD145RF?
Ack, I know I did tests against Dragooon RDF a few posts ago but this thread is supposed to be about beating RF variants. Ask that testing request in the Dragooon discussion.
why do use horogrium instead of heavier CW's like bull or kerbeks?
This combo is a bit of a spiritual successor to the original MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF. It's an improved version, but I originally used Horogium not just for the aesthetics, but because of the imbalance on Horogium. Horogium's missing piece of CW, when lined up with the 'spiral staircase of death' on Basalt, made the bey as imbalanced as possible.

The CWs you listed are heavier, yes, but they are well balanced unlike Horogium. The purpose of both combos is to take advantage of Basalt's natural imbalance and see if it can be put to use in a good combination, which thanks to some screwing around from me and later Ingulit eventually happened.
Alright, so I'm going to post a combo that can possibly defeat all RF variants. I am posting a combo that does not make use of synchrom. Since synchrom combo's are already our "staple" cookie cutter defense set-ups, I wanted some WBO members to test the following combo: MF-H/MF-L Death Aquario/Cancer E230 RB.

I personally believe that this combo has enough Defensive ability to defeat all RF variants. As an added bonus, Death has been shown to do strangely well against left-spin attackers.

Note: I request other members to test this combo as I don't have either E230 or RB.
@Ya, I believe some attack types can possibly outspin that combo....
Perhaps I can try that later but I have a feeling it will be outspinned by attack types.
I highly doubt it. If you could do a video, that would be great.
Hm, I think that E230 would scrap specially with RB, but it's still worth to try

I can't do a test right now as I have a lot of school projects to do, I will if I have a free time....
RB is an extremely tall bottom. RB does tilt quite a bit. However, it does not tilt enough to actually scrape. So yeah, testing would be truly helpful.