Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
There is a new and upcoming card game called "Cardfight Vanguard."
People everywhere are saying that it will beat yugioh?! check it out:

ABOUT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZWkGRkE...re=related

Official Website: http://cf-vanguard.com/

Cardgame commercial #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQSH7yzyo_A

Cardgame commercial #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-8nGRdv...re=related

Anime youtube episodes: http://www.youtube.com/user/AichiSendo#p/u
For this kind of topic there is a General Yu-Gi-Oh! thread. Therefore, this thread must be closed. Sorry.

EDIT: Forgive my ignorance. I was misleaded by the title.
This is a new game and has nothing at all to do with Yu-Gi-Oh, therefore this thread didn't deserve to be closed.
This will probably never beat Yu-Gi-Oh, I've seen the anime.
And the rules and ideas of the game are way too similar and simple.

This is probably turn out to be similar to Duel Masters.
And wasn't Duel Masters in the TCG gameplay similar to Magic?
(Feb. 28, 2011  3:22 AM)Pyro Wrote: This is probably turn out to be similar to Duel Masters.

In Japan, Duel Masters is #1 card game.

It should be noted that the series is headlined by the manga author behind Yu-Gi-Oh! R, with the card game developed by the designer behind Duel Masters.
Although the game is in its infancy, it doesn't look as if the game will develop into a very complicated and intricate system. All it seems is upgrading your avatar's grade and obliterating your opponent's until they've received six damage.

I don't think I will be investing in this.
its art work looks better than the game
i dont think this will go far
(Feb. 28, 2011  2:56 AM)Roan Wrote: This is a new game and has nothing at all to do with Yu-Gi-Oh, therefore this thread didn't deserve to be closed.

Please forgive me. I jumped to conclusions without looking at any of the links.
Hmm..... I'm not sure on this, I don't think it will beat Yu-Gi-Oh, however if it gets intresting at a part I might invest in it, not as much as YGO though.
I sorta take back what I said earlier about this TCG. It looks quite fun actually, and I may invest a little bit in this. The mechanics are simple, but the game-play seems very 'intense'. I was watching a bit of the anime, lol.

Hopefully it can evolve, kinda like YGO did. From basic Monsters, to Fusion, to Synchros, and soon Exceed Monsters.
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:06 AM)To Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2011  3:22 AM)Pyro Wrote: This is probably turn out to be similar to Duel Masters.

In Japan, Duel Masters is #1 card game.

It should be noted that the series is headlined by the manga author behind Yu-Gi-Oh! R, with the card game developed by the designer behind Duel Masters.

Ah I didn't know that. I meant Duel Masters here in North America.
But the idea just doesn't appeal to me. haha.
This game actually looks pretty interesting. Atleast compared to Yu-GI-Oh! it does. (imo) Hopefully it gets dubbed. It says on Wikipedia that you can watch it with subtitles on CrunchyRoll. That means we have a chance of a dub! Joyful_3
(Mar. 01, 2011  2:41 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: It says on Wikipedia that you can watch it with subtitles on CrunchyRoll. That means we have a chance of a dub! Joyful_3

That actually means the exact opposite. It's less likely to be picked up by US distributor, let alone receive a dub if it's on Crunchy Roll.
finally someone started a thread for this show. it has actually been confirmed by the creators of cardfight vanguard, that they plan on releasing the card game and show worldwide with in the next year. sooner depending on how popular it is in japan. and ive looked at sites selling the cards the day of release. and ALOT of them are sold out and on backorder so the possibility of this coming worldwide soon is very likely.
I think ill keep an eye out for this game if it does get a north america release. I havent played a card game in a long while. I used to play pokemon when it came out for the very first time. ($100+ charizard anyone?) And also magic the gathering. That game was just too expensive to keep up with everytime a new block was introduced.

High hopes for this.
ok i dont mean to advertise anything. but i found this site http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com. if anyone is interested in visiting the site, it has all the rules and how to play on there. and there are "cards of the day" which just release images of cards with their translation. it also has a gallery of cards which you can download to your computer so you can proxy play if you wanna try it out before it is released worldwide
(Mar. 03, 2011  10:37 PM)Gucci_Mane Wrote: Has any one seen the commercials for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-8nGRdvnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQSH7yzyo_A
Lol. Those commercials are weird. But, they do make me wanna alearn to play the game though Lol. Hopefully this game will be better than the POkemon TCG and Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm having some pretty high hopes for this game XD
okay this looks epic,the cards are cool,and the battle mat things looks cool and the commercial was cool,glowing cards for the win Grin
nut I hope it won't surpass yugioh that much.
but I defiantly will buy a pack of these when they come out Joyful_2
(Mar. 03, 2011  10:58 PM)Gloomy Wrote: okay this looks epic,the cards are cool,and the battle mat things looks cool and the commercial was cool,glowing cards for the win Grin
The cool mat amazes me too. I hope they have mats like they have in the show in real life one day.
I like the idea behind it, actually. Quickish fights, and it looks like it'll be hard to win without putting a lot of thought into your deck. I can't wait to see everyone stack a bunch of Grade 3 cards, and way too many Blaster Blades. It will be funnier than seeing all those "Signer Dragons" in one deck.
Hm, Cardfight Vanguard. I was about to make a thread about this, until I saw this one.

Contrary to what most of you say, the combat system is actually very immersive, with attributes from many a different Children's Card Game:

1: Yu-Gi-Oh!: Beautiful artwork, ridiculously large Attack Powers for their creatures, and similar effects. You could say the tribute system is present in this as well, or the Nomi clause (This card cannot be Called except by a Rank-X Card). Attack and Defense points, definitely.

2: Magi Nation: Penalties for using cards from different clans (Episode 9 showed us that you can't receive Drive Triggers for cards of different clans), as well as a similar damage system (In MN, take out the opponent's three Magis, in CFV, deal 6 damage).

3: Magic: The Gathering: Beautiful artwork, similar effects, and an efficient way of summoning creatures (the "Sufficient Mana" rule in Magic, and Calling in CFV). Also, the "Tap and Block" system that makes up Magic's combat system is 50% of the game. Power and Strength. 4 of the same card limit.

4: Pokemon: Retreating/retiring your units.

... And there's so many more. The cards are simplistic, but the military strategist feel is interesting. Its minimum 50-card deck does have me on edge (I'm more used to the 40-card for Yu-Gi-Oh), and the limitation of 4 Heal Triggers is risky (all 4 heals could land in the bottom), however I am definitely looking forward to this game, and I will spend a ridiculous amount on it, even if it's in two years when I'm 20.

Also:

(Mar. 06, 2011  9:12 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: It will be funnier than seeing all those "Signer Dragons" in one deck.

The Signer Dragons are staples in every deck that uses Synchro Monsters. It may be amusing to see people using them wrong, or "Because Yusei does," but I take offense to people who mock me for having all five Signers in my Extra Deck.
50? Seems like even more work will go into most decks than normal.
Makes the game more fun. I want to make a Royal Paladin Deck (Not because Aichi uses one, just because it's fun), so my goal is to have a 20/15/15/5 ratio of 0/1/2/3 cards, with 4 Heal Triggers (Elaine is a Rank 0), and as many Drive Triggers I can get in as possible.